Sun, Sep 15, 5:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 4:15 pm)

Subject: New image, is it worthy for the gallery, comments please

chohole ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2001 at 2:16 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 8:36 PM

file_206240.gif

Is this image worth posting in the beginners gallery. It is a new concept for me, and I am not at all sure if its worth anything. It is called "would you dance with a friend". Anyone recognise the quote.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

atthisstage ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2001 at 2:25 PM

I don't recognize the quote, sorry, but do you mind a few small comments? The soldier's feet, especially the right one (his right one), seem turned in a somewhat unnatural way. I'd open them out a bit and give him a somewhat more solid stance. Was the background rendered outside of the Poser figures and then imported? The reason I ask is because the shadows cast by the tables are clear and sharp, while the figures seem to have hardly any.

Irish ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2001 at 3:43 PM

The costumes are fantastic!! Very lovely image. Keep up the good work. :) Irene

ronmolina ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2001 at 5:31 PM

Post it and dont worry. Ron

irjvik ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2001 at 5:42 PM

Hello. First, you have a good idea. The man's expression is fine. Here are some flaws: - realism: Woman texture, hair, dress is photorealistic, man clothing is not so photorealistic. The floor texture is not photorealistic, and the doors are cartoon-like. - Nothing can be seen behind glass doors. Bryce has wonderful skies for example. - the room seems empty except for the two tables, it's unusual. - Also atthisstage is right, the man's pose is odd. try to take this pose yourself, you'll find it very uncomfortable. - Also a bit more texturing on man's uniform would have been appreciated as the woman dress has so much details. It's a good idea, and there is some work in this picture. Yes, your concept is good, I would add every idea is called "creativity" if you're skilled (computer-generated pictures are needing a lot of technical knowladge) enough to render it in a nice-looking picture. Keep up the good work !

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2001 at 7:57 PM

Hi! Nice idea. Some tips: Change the size of your "shadow map" for the final render. Make it 1024X1024 if you can. (There is a dial for this.) The shadows will be a lot less smudgy. Poses. The linked hands need work on the fingers. The man's feet need to be reset so he doesn't fall over (I'd move his right leg back). Textures. The man's uniform needs a texture map to equal the detail in the lady's dress (which is lovely). You can find textures for fabric at various free sites, and scale them down. Alternatively, just adding a bit of "noise" in PhotoShop (or its equivalent) will help. Also, the doors in the building have too intense a blue. If you have Bryce or Terragen, you can render a gorgeous sky in minutes. If you don't, PhotoShop has a sky filter which does a fine job of faking glass in a pinch. If you don't have that, either, tone down the blue so it won't fight with your wallpaper. Composition. Is quite nice. The tables are a bit bare, but potted plants or partygoods might be a distraction. I would suggest trimming the right edge so that the wall there isn't a distraction either. Anyway, you have a great start! Keep at this and you'll have a lovely and romantic picture. Carolly

pokeydots ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2001 at 9:10 PM

I say post it in the gallery, then when you have time take all the great tips everyone has offered and re do it and post again :) Looks great :)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

Poppi ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2001 at 9:10 PM

The figures are a bit stiff. If it were mine, I would post to the WIP gallery. That way you can get folks to critique it before you post the final render. ;)

chohole ( ) posted Thu, 30 August 2001 at 12:31 PM

I take on board all these comments, because I was very much less than happy with the image. It was composed purely in poser, and I think I need to play with lights there to sort out shadows. The background is the ballroom, which I downloaded from a link here. Couldn't find much furniture for the period. Also had trouble with the guys uniform, this is Steve shanks martial arts uniform, with a lot od post rendering. Thanks for all the help, will persevere. By the way the quote is from an Album called White Mansions, don't know how popular it was, but we loved it.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.