Mon, Oct 21, 5:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 5:20 pm)

Subject: Dina- Anyone get her? What's the Verdict?

Photopium ( ) posted Sat, 22 September 2001 at 2:36 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 5:33 AM

How is she better than/different from Vicky? Got some renders? (Out of the Box preferred) Realistic Joints? You get the idea. I obviously know that clothes, textures, and the usual suspects are not readily available...this doesn't immediately concern me about the product. Finally, I'm not interested in Propaganda. Just facts. Thanks! -WTB

lalverson ( ) posted Sat, 22 September 2001 at 3:40 PM

file_213191.jpg

I have her. and have used her in an image. She is full of MT and hase a good deal of Body MT. If you have Dacort's natailia the style is similar, yet different. She poses quite well. Her shoulders are a bit biggish. However in taking the whole shape into it the shoulders fit the body style. She has a good deal of Facil MT to cover a wide varity of expressions. Making her look "Different" enough is possible but it takes effort. (Kinda like when Vicky first came out.) All her body parts do look good in close up, and she can do pretty decent close ups. So I would say,(This comes from the thousands of dollars I have spend on this "Hobby") That getting Dina is a good deal and worth having, she is a well thought out model and works well, only time and further support will tell if she is a Victoria competitor. As is, she is a lady in waiting, and has the potential to be great.

Mazak ( ) posted Sat, 22 September 2001 at 4:28 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=88262&Start=1&Artist=Mazak&ByArtist=Yes

http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=88853&Start=1&Artist=Mazak&ByArtist=Yes Dina is the money worth. See my pictures in Gallery. Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

dcort ( ) posted Sat, 22 September 2001 at 7:20 PM

Attached Link: http://www.dacort.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?page=1&gallery_id=dsi

I have a gallery of Dina images on my website, too. Most of them have very little if any postwork to clean up broken joints, etc. Most of the postwork is hair, backgrounds, etc. It doesn't have to be a celebrity death match between Dina and Vicki, either. Sometimes it's nice to have more than one crayon in the box.

dwilmes ( ) posted Sat, 22 September 2001 at 9:17 PM

Very well put, Dcort. The more crayons the better, all artists crave the 128 Crayola set! Dan http://www.zenwareonline.com/cr2edit/cr2edit.html Sorry Win only for software http://www.zenwareonline.com for ZenPaint, ZenTile, ZenGrid and VueMaster

Photopium ( ) posted Sat, 22 September 2001 at 9:43 PM

Victoria 2 is in and of herself an 128 pack of Crayolas. I was afraid that the creators of this product would drop by this thread. I was really counting on the replies of happy or unhappy or ambivalent customers. Now that dcort has dropped by, people might be afraid to voice their true opinions for fear of hurting feelings. That is not to suggest that everyone has a bad opinion. So, discounting the words of the creator and the rather "Me too" reply of dwilmes, things seem to be on the up and up :) What I'm interested in most specifically is the ability to raise the arms over the head without the deformity that DAZ Models, Vicky included, create in the shoulder/armpit area. Also, how do the thighs and hip joints look when the legs are bent at a 90 deg. Angle? -WTB

nfredman ( ) posted Sat, 22 September 2001 at 10:15 PM

It's interesting that now i've dealt with the Armpit Problem with the DAZ models, i now see it on nearly every CGI person i see on TV, too. Everyone's figure's shoulders seem to start below their deltoids... some kind of convention in mesh building, perhaps? Putting an extra body part in just to take care of the armpit and shoulders would probably play havoc with all our clothing meshes... but would sure be more realistic. ;^)

dcort ( ) posted Sat, 22 September 2001 at 10:20 PM

So sorry if I spoiled the party, WTB. To date I don't think I have frightened anyone away. I don't bite. Usually. So if anyone has an opinion, by all means...

CalgCowboy ( ) posted Sun, 23 September 2001 at 12:38 AM

As I asked in another thread, when's the male version coming out?

Virus ( ) posted Sun, 23 September 2001 at 12:49 AM

The character looks awesome. I would like to buy her, but in another online store but DSI, is she available somewhere else?

SAL9000 - Hello Dr. Chandra, Will I've dream?

dcort ( ) posted Sun, 23 September 2001 at 1:34 AM

She is available at www.thegrc.com and www.renderotica.com.

Photopium ( ) posted Sun, 23 September 2001 at 3:41 AM

dcort, I didn't mean to offend, but surely you can see how the person who is standing to make the money off of sales might not be the best person to offer a fair review of the product? As for scaring people away, can't possibly know if that's truly going on or just my imagination but it's possible. -WTB

dcort ( ) posted Sun, 23 September 2001 at 4:49 AM

No offense taken. I do realize that I am obviously biased, and I think everyone knows that. How could I not love my own girls? That's why I try (maybe do not always succeed, but try) to confine my remarks to factual statements. I was just putting a link so people can see some renders of Dina if they like. And I was being a little facetious about scaring people. Geez, I hope I'm not scary. :)

CalgCowboy ( ) posted Sun, 23 September 2001 at 9:04 AM

You know, I've asked twice now about the schedule for a male counterpart, since it's something I could put to use in my real life work, and the vendor has decided not to answer both times. So once again we get to see Poser reduced to the virtual equivalent of a blow-up doll. And people wonder why this program don't get treated with respect sometimes.

Virus ( ) posted Sun, 23 September 2001 at 6:16 PM

dcort: Sorry please don't take this as an offense, I love your stuff, actually I have bought Natalia, Echinda, Naga and some items for Vicki's mermaid, and I really like them, they are high quality stuff. Diana looks awesome, even after read the controversial post about she, as a poser experimented user I do know that she could have better atributes than Vicki actually Vicki and Mike has bugs in the neck-head areas, just to mention one of their bugs ;). Unfortunallety, I don't trust the people who manage DSI it seems to me that those are the only places where can I buy Diana for now, I guess I will wait till she is available some where else on the net where I could really trust to put my credit card information. I hope Diana is not only a DSI product. Best Regardings Virus

Dreamspinner ( ) posted Sun, 23 September 2001 at 7:55 PM

I quite frankly would have been interested in a new male character rather than yet another female. I know that most of the Poser users are of the male gender and would rather work on a female model. Poser is the only universe at this time where Fems rule. I'm not saying that's bad, I'm just saying that there I for one would like to work with good looking male models in Poser. I will wait and see what the male model offering will be. Liz Pope Dreamspinner Inc.

SerpentGoddess ( ) posted Mon, 24 September 2001 at 8:50 AM

Yeah, some good males would be great! Equality of the sexes and all that... waggles eyebrows suggestively

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Mon, 24 September 2001 at 10:19 PM

At the risk of ruining the unbiased aspect of this thread, I'd like to answer a couple of questions. I won't comment on Dina except to answer Virus. Dina is a DSI product, therefore she is only available from DSI. You have every right to your opinions, but I am one of the owners of DSI and as far as I know, you and I have never even had any dealings, so I fail to understand why you would distrust me. I run the online store and be assured, our credit card transactions are as secure as they are at any other online store. Please don't impune my integrety because of your personal feelings toward Jack. CalgCowboy, DSI is planning to do a male figure next. We don't have an estimated release date yet, so I can't give you any more definitive answer than that. Making a figure like this is a very time consuming and expensive project.

Virus ( ) posted Mon, 24 September 2001 at 11:20 PM

Jack??? Who is Jack???

CalgCowboy ( ) posted Mon, 24 September 2001 at 11:51 PM

"CalgCowboy, DSI is planning to do a male figure next" Many thanks for the info. I'll look forward to seeing what you produce. Can I make a request in that regard? Since it appears that Mike2 will follow the lines of Vic2 and be able to handle the existing P4 wardrobe, can you ask your modellers that yours be able to as well? I use the P4 guy a lot in my RW projects and have built a pretty large clothing folder for his usage for specific clients. I'd hate to have to start from scratch if the character looked good enough to purchase.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.