Wed, Oct 9, 10:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 12:13 pm)

Subject: The FEW faces of Vicky

Penguinisto ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2002 at 5:46 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=558254

One thing I found today alone, is that making major changes to the head itself makes for a radically different face. The linked one (link above) is one I'm banging away at now... Vicki 1 ver. You can also see (a little) some of the processes involved in un-vickifying a face :) IMHO, Vicky 1 is easier to work with than 2... In this particular case, it took (so far) two magnets to the head, and a major change in the head geometry (y-scale is @ 85%, x @ 92%, and z @ 100%.) The nose is magnetted outwards a bit, and the face magnetted a touch out to compensate for the flatter face. I'll prolly tweak the lips some more, but I'm shooting more for a pretty woman you'd find on the street of a small town, rather than someone you'd find on a fashion runway (wait'll you see what I do with the body - she's on her way to being a tad short :) /P

Thorne ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2002 at 5:52 PM

ZOWIE! What a load of faces! Very cool! Geep- first of all forget the inches scale- set your scale to points- on that scale one inch = 72 points but Poser's scale is so small compared to the real world that still means the distances between vertices is on the decimal places. Next, NEVER move the object! Not one bit, not at all. Use the preset camera views. You can also select vertices and "hide" them using the "Hide Selection" menu item in the "View" menu. This will let you disappear areas of the model that may be obstructing your view at a certain angle, without aactually moving them. LAST TRICK: Duplicate your object, for instance the head, and then scale it up 5000 or so percent so you can actually SEE it in the PERSPECTIVE window (that's the red thingy window ;o)) When you take the OTHER original sized object into the MFM, RDS will ask you if you want to edit the master or create a new master with this copy. If you will always tell it to "Edit Master", then any modeling you do to the actual sized copy will automatically be seen in the large-scaled version as well, and also you may rotate the larger one around any way you like because when you save the OBJ back to file, you will save the smaller, untranslated version, not the larger "viewing" version. Tricks figured out from way too much time spent moving individual Vickie head points around, one at a time!! =};-}>

geep ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2002 at 5:54 PM

I must be dense, but ... If the mesh (the head, for example) is offset in the + direction, when I use the preset camera (ctrl + "0" for reference view) the mesh is out of sight waaaaaaaay above the screen, n'est pas? What am I missing here? cheers, dr geep <--------- (feeling stupider by the minute) ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Thorne ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2002 at 6:01 PM

Geep--- There are 3 buttons on the tool bar: Onr og them is "Zoom to selected" one is "Zoom to object" and one is "Zoom to Window". If you have even one point selected on the head, all you have to do when you change views is click that one button, "Zoom to selected" in order to place the selecte head points back exactly in the center of the viewing area! Tada!! Alternately you may select the "Zoom to Object" button to put the entire head in the center of the viewing area.

geep ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2002 at 6:04 PM

That makes sense. Now, all I have to do, is ......... do it! I've been bangin' my head against ...... for decades. Well, maybe it's only been a couple of years, but it seem like ........ Thanks! cheers, dr geep <-------------- (gettin' back to morphin' aagain) ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

Penguinisto ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2002 at 6:06 PM

I dunno Thorne... AC3D imports poser objects in perfect scale (unlike 3DS Max, though 3DS Max is way more flexible), and everything in it measures in either inches/feet or metres/centimetres... works well for me :)

geep ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2002 at 6:14 PM

................... you're beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

Thorne ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2002 at 6:20 PM

hehe gee thanks geep! I forgot to mention- if you use the duplicate and resize trick I mentioned, you may only move and resize the "viewing" version in the PERSPECTIVE window, not in the MFM. Any translating or scaling done in the MFM translates to the copies as well. This does not occur in the Perspective window, where moving or scaling a copy does not affect the master.

geep ( ) posted Tue, 05 February 2002 at 6:31 PM

... I'm copyin' down EVERY word!!! [even the SPACES between the words] [makes it easier ta read that way - I just discovered that!] I just knowed that everyone out there makin' MTs could not have been doin' it the way that I was. [they couldn't be THAT stupid, could they?] cheers, dr geep <------------- (goin' back to ye olde drawing board, again!) ;=]

cheers,

edited 10/5/2019

Grammer ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2002 at 3:56 AM

file_267679.jpg

Hi: the basic problem with the faces looking the same is that the basic proportions of the face remain unchanged - if you look at the faves with a ruler you will find that mouthlines and the eyes always stay in the same horizontal plane. Another thing is headshape which rarely is changed - although head shapes differ most between people. this is a different one - where almost everything has been changed into the proportions of a real person. hope you like it Karl

Fracture ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2002 at 8:02 AM

Hello all. Thanks for all the replies. In a way I am interested in alot of the "caracature" style heads as they are drasticly different but I'm also interested in gettin gsome other head types that could be used for other styles of people. I was going to post some things from home last night but our cable modem was out so I'll have to wait and do it tonight. Grammer: Looks good, although it always creeps me out a bit when I see a poser head with ultra detailed face skin on it. Mainly because it still has poser hair. Either way great job on the skin texture, I can never get the ones I do to come out so well. Capsces: Any chance you could let me know when the re-worked version of that head pack will be done? Daio: WOW! The girl on the right look sgreat but the girl on the left, hoo boy. That's some fine work right there, great job on that. Again I want to thank everyone for contributing to the thread here. Help to know I'm not alone in thinking Vicky needed a little more variety. Again, tonight I'm going to try to get another thread going along the same lines. Hopefully my cable modem will be working when I get home.

capsces ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2002 at 10:52 PM

I will try to let you know in some way, Fracture. And, I'm glad you like the Boris faces. :) In response to GhostofMacBeth: I do have a tendency to exaggerate my morphs. But my opinion is this gives me more variety. The dial can always be set to a lower value for less characteristic looking faces and higher values for more character. There are ways (explained in the documentation) to decrease the strength of the facial poses included with Boris. Beth

Fracture ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2002 at 7:47 AM

Yes, using a combination of the morphs that come with Boris and the ones that are built in with Mike in the 1st place you can make some pretty interesting lookin gheads.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2002 at 12:06 PM

Beth ... I understand that and please don't take offense. He looks great from what I can see but I normally like making my own morphs/combinations. He does have a lot of variety and all and if I was going for a more exaggerated piece or two I would be sure to pick him up. I am thinking about it still. But I was justsaying that when compared to what people normally do with Vicki that Boris is pushed to a further degree and therefore becomes more distinctive.

capsces ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2002 at 2:19 PM

No offense taken, Ghostofmacbeth. Just letting everyone know Boris does not have to look so distinctive if not desired. Besides, I like to make my own morphs, too. :) Beth

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2002 at 2:46 PM

Just had to make sure Beth .. Have a good one.

Fracture ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2002 at 2:57 PM

I like Boris the way he is and will like the Vicky/Boris (or whatever her name will be) when she comes out as well. Speaking of which what sort of package are those head morphs going to be in? Is it just the head morphs or is it part of a bigger package?

capsces ( ) posted Tue, 05 March 2002 at 9:51 PM

Hi Fracture, I don't know if you will see this. I never saw your last message, as I never received the usual e-mail. I just happened in here looking for a post and saw yours. Initially, Morphess included head and body morphs along with the facial poses. The revised package will definitely include the head morphs and the facial poses. However, I am not sure about body morphs, yet. Beth

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.