Sat, Sep 21, 6:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 10:50 pm)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Gauging interest

HemiMG ( ) posted Sun, 18 August 2002 at 4:47 PM · edited Tue, 13 August 2024 at 11:35 PM

file_20592.jpg

Hi guys, allow me to introduce myself and a teaser of the product(s) I'm considering selling in the marketplace. My name is John Garrison, I got started in 3d back in the DOS days as a teen using the Povray renderer and a modeller called Moray(IIRC). My current 3d collection include Blender, Amorphium, Electric Image 3d toolkit and Poser. All of those played a part in creating the image below. Basically the product is a "Swiss Family Robinson" "Robinson Crusoe" "Gilligan's Island" themed set of furniture, tools, etc. This is small sampling of what is/will be completed, and it contains errors that will be fixed. the bump map on the top of the bench is WAY to pronounced and the ropes are sagging on the nightstand. Anyhow I'm wondering what you guys think of the objects, if they are something you'd be intrested in purchasing and if so would you prefer the whole package together or the objects seperated? In the end there will be about 25 items total, so I'm thinking smaller groupings an then a bigger package as an option is the best way to go. Having them all seperate would get to expensive with the $5 minimum, but there are logical groupings for all the items.

Jackson ( ) posted Sun, 18 August 2002 at 6:12 PM

Hello John. Jackson here. I would be very interested. I have some Vue islands that really need furnished! And I agree with your packaging strategy.

HemiMG ( ) posted Sun, 18 August 2002 at 8:20 PM

Thanks Jackson, it's good to know that people are interested, helps keep the motivation up! Sadly the machine I use to create the texture is having memory problems and behaving very badly (random crashes, lockups, etc) so I'm limited to working with the textures I've got until I get it fixed, hopefully that will be tommorow, but I dunno. I can still get a fair amount done with the textures I've got though...actually I've got an old linux box sitting here with a busted fan that should run fine long enough to make a texture or two. Either way look for something from me in the Marketplace soon, I hope to get a few of the smaller packages done in a day or so.

Huolong ( ) posted Mon, 19 August 2002 at 1:42 PM

Some groups of bamboo of different diameters for creating walls, barricades, floors, etc would also be useful. Also a few free standing large bamboo trees with leaves for effect.

Gordon

HemiMG ( ) posted Mon, 19 August 2002 at 2:33 PM

Hi Huolong, I was thinking of doing that, the textures for the bamboo and the wood include the texture for the rope/vine that is used to assemble the pieces, so there would probably be a little construction kit inluded. That would contain the wood (or bamboo), the rope torus, and instructions on how to assemble objects. I did all of the assembly of those objects in poser so it really is quite easy, and that will allow people to create matching objects that they may want and I didn't model out. My other computer is still broke, which is slowing me down because it's the only one with a copy of blender that has the decimate function, which I need to finish a stump I am working on. That will probably be the first set, A log cabin A stump (for sitting people, things on) The bench above The campfire logs above A pier and a raft that can also be used as a pier extension With the log construction kit included as well. That will be all of the things that I plan on building with the wooden logs so people won't have to download the same texture more than once for those.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.