Tue, Sep 24, 2:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 2:15 pm)

Subject: Texturing the DAZ dragon?

Mistfall ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2002 at 5:16 PM ยท edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 2:23 PM

Hello! For those of us who'd like to have a go at making our own texture map for the wonderful DAZ dragon, how do you wade through the enormously tangled and complex UV map that is associated with the object when it's opened in UVMapper? There must be some way of simplifying things, but I don't know how! Can anyone offer advice?

MadYuri ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2002 at 5:22 PM

Its just like Vicky, but instead of two tex maps you have now 6 or 7 scattered over the model. 80 Its probably best if you download the tex templates from DAZ (after they got their store in order again).

godless_norseman ( ) posted Sun, 01 September 2002 at 10:58 PM

Barbarellany ( ) posted Mon, 02 September 2002 at 2:48 AM

So far the templates won't download. Hopefully by Tuesday/

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Mon, 02 September 2002 at 5:17 AM

Aww, just make your own with UVMapper, like I did.

1. Load the dragon OBJ into UVMapper.
  2. Stare in horror at the convoluted mess.
  3. Edit menu --> Select --> All
  4. Hide selected facets: hotkey [
  5. Be soothed by the nice, blank screen
  6. Edit menu --> Select --> by Group (highlight the parts you want to see)
  7. Unhide selected facets: hotkey ]
  8. File menu --> Save Texture Map --> Exclude Hidden Facets

I've already painted a new transmap for the wings. It looked like a simple place to start.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.