Wed, Oct 2, 1:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Newbie Question on Antialiasing

brycefreak ( ) posted Tue, 22 October 2002 at 8:41 AM · edited Tue, 13 August 2024 at 3:51 PM

I have been reading this forum for approx 4 months now, ever since I picked up Bryce, I have picked up some great tips here. I may even get up enough nerve soon to let you guys have a rip at my work. For now I just have a question: Is it possible to turn off Antialiasing on a specific mesh within a scene. I have an object in the background of a scene and when rendering, just before it starts to antialias, the object looks great. After is has antialised it looses something. I thought I remembered reading somewhere before on how to do it, but when I needed it I couldn't find it. Can this be done ?

Trouble ( ) posted Tue, 22 October 2002 at 9:23 AM

Select the object you don't want to Antialias. Select the little 'A' which will open the attributes box. Hold down your Shift and Ctrl keys and pick the check mark to close the box. This turns off the AA for that mesh.

Cie

Aldaron ( ) posted Tue, 22 October 2002 at 9:26 AM

Yes. Click the little a next to the object to go into attributes and ctrl-shift click the check mark to close the window, this turns off AA for that object. It doesn't work for metaballs and trees from the tree lab. To keep these un-AA you'd have to do a mask render and composite that object into the render in an image editor. I had to do this for the tentacles in my "Refueling on Planet X" entry that's in my gallery.

big_hoovie ( ) posted Tue, 22 October 2002 at 9:14 PM

makes you wish there was just an option to choose from the attributes menu for the objects, huh?

Zhann ( ) posted Tue, 22 October 2002 at 11:12 PM

Yup..

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

brycefreak ( ) posted Wed, 23 October 2002 at 2:11 PM

Thanks for the responses much appreciated.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.