Sun, Sep 22, 7:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Victoria 2

denden ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2002 at 2:40 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 7:28 AM

Is Victoria 2 better than the P4 woman? I am particularly interested in having realistic eyes and P4 doesn't. I'm a newbie and haven't tried adding eyes as a prop. Thanks.

Questor ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2002 at 2:56 PM

Victoria 2 is much better than the P4 woman, with multipart eyes offering an outer layer, eyeball, iris and pupil - the iris and pupil have morphs for different eyes. The mesh is better, there is an awesome amount of morphs built into the head and body and she comes with a P4 compatible version that can wear old p4 clothing. I'd recommend it, but with the caveat that poser can choke on Vickie 2 because of the amount of morphs built into it. You need a fairly reasonable computer to deal with that model.

who3d ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2002 at 3:10 PM

Although with a program or two out there (Morph Manager?) I'd imagine you could create a Victoria character the way you want and then remove a lot of the morphs from here, makign her quicker to load and render on any PC - but especially useful for slower ones.

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2002 at 3:14 PM

Since you're concerned about realistic eyes, you might want to look at Cake1's Real Eyes at DAZ as well. They're marvelously done and look better than even Vicki's. Posette's don't have a prayer against them. And they can be added to any Poser figure.

queri ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2002 at 3:28 PM

Cake's real eyes can be added to Posette or dork-- they include a morph to do this. And the tutorial for using htem is very very easy. Plus there are tons of add-on eye textures for Real Eyes. Which means any character can have any color eyes you want that are stand out realistic, shiny, living. Having said that- yeah, Vickie 2 is much better than the P4 woman in range of movement, morphs-- she can looks very very different, textures, etc. If the newer hi-res textures are too much for your machine you can always downsize them in a paint program. If you have over 700Mhz, seriously consider Vicki. If you regularly have more than one person in a scene, you might want to boost your memory and processor. You would need at least 512 ram to comfortably run even one hi-res Vicki with a bunch of props etc. Emily

denden ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2002 at 3:44 PM

Many thanks to all...I have a win2k box that I use primarily for Photoshop so I think (hope) it can handle Vicky. I'm defintely going to buy it and take a look at Cake's 1 Real Eyes. I really appreciate the help. denden

wadams9 ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2002 at 4:36 PM

queri makes the essential point that it's excessively high-res textures that are more likely to choke your computer than Vicki2's mesh. My no-longer-cutting-edge machine doesn't balk at having several V2's in a scene, but just one with an overly hi-res texture will knock it down. The good thing is, one hardly ever needs that much res, and most textures don't shoot that high.

denden ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2002 at 5:12 PM

Is DAZ the only Victoria 2 retailer?

hankim ( ) posted Sat, 26 October 2002 at 9:34 PM

Yes, the Millenium figures (Vicky, Mike and the Mill. kids) are available only at Daz. You can get character packages and textures and such here, there and everywhere, but yeah -- the figures proper are only available at Daz. Have fun :-)

pendarian ( ) posted Sun, 27 October 2002 at 1:00 AM

Oh, I forgot to mention that the eyes from Trav and Judith are not props, but rather conforming figures...they are easier to work with and pose also I think. Pendy

pendarian ( ) posted Sun, 27 October 2002 at 1:59 AM

And speaking of realistic eyes, there is a set by Traveler and Judith over at Runtime DNA called Eyez...extremely realistic and they fit also Poser 4 people and the Mill people. I own both CakeOne's and the ones from RDNA and after having used the RDNA ones, I have to admit that all of my character's and the default characters, now sport them. The bump maps and the texture maps for them are absolutely the best I've seen so far. Vicky and Micheal are definately worth getting...I also love Stephanie too. And yes, they are much better then the original P4 people. Pendy

denden ( ) posted Sun, 27 October 2002 at 7:36 AM

Thanks, Pendy...The Eyez at Runtime DNA are perfect. PS Your work is awesome...I really enjoyed your images.

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Sun, 27 October 2002 at 8:38 AM

::snickers:: Pendy, you must have posted right as Renderosity's clock rolled over Daylight Savings Time. Either that, or you're a time traveler. ^_~

pendarian ( ) posted Sun, 27 October 2002 at 3:55 PM

LOL FyreSpiryt!! I'm an elf so maybe that explains it? My faerie friends helped me? hehehehehe That is funny I didn't notice that until you said something :) denden, I think you will be well pleased with the Eyez..if you have any questions about them, just pop over to Runtime and Trav and Judith will be more then happy to help you. Thank you so much for your kind words about my work :) That makes me feel really, really good :) Glad I could help, now go have some fun and let's see some renders :) HUGS Pendy

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.