Sat, Oct 5, 1:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 11:52 am)

Subject: Getting some V2-clothes fittin to V3 - a possible way ...

Schlabber ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 9:36 AM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 1:32 PM

I don't know if anyone found another way or the same. Still don't know for what clothing at all I can use it and I'm a bit unsure about copyrights but if someone is interested I can explain how I did it (no, it's not postwork) Well, if someone is interested I'll write a tutorial for that ... Happy posing Schlabber

Schlabber ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 9:36 AM

file_37527.jpg

oh - doh - forgot the image

Letterworks ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 9:40 AM

Well, I am always interested in learning how things in Poser work. I certainly can't see how it can be copyright infringment if you are modifying clothing that you already own. mike

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 9:43 AM

Please DO write a tute! I would love to know how it's done so that all my Vic2 clothes can be used on the V3 mesh (rather do that than use V3 to V2...kinda defeats the purpose of having V3). Since I'm not that familiar with jps, grouping, etc. I need step by step instruction...LOL. That would be great! :o) Laurie

Schlabber ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 9:47 AM

The problem is - I'm modifying clothing with another cr2. The basics are: I'm using the Vicky3 - cr2 and let if reference on the clothing - obj ... this gives the clothing-obj the shape of Vicky 3. But - as the V3-cr2 is a bit large around 1,8 MB on my system it certainly contains more information that is really needed for referencing the clothes object. And I'm not sure if it is allowed to make the V3-cr2 public. BTW - in the meantime I fixed the little error with the Bikini-bottom on her right butt :o).

Schlabber ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 9:49 AM

LaurieA - I don't know if it works for ALL V2-clothes ... I just had an idea and surprisingly it worked ...

brycetech ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 10:03 AM

for those interested for clothes to conform, they need the same joint setup (most cases) so, why doesnt someone just make a pose file that changes the joint setup? I mean hell, if you can inject morphs, install materials, and add dials with a pose file..why cant you just change the joint setup too? just strip a cr2 down leaving the body part name and the joint info..make it a full cr2 with all body parts and when you apply the pose, theoretically it'd change the proper parts and itd also ignore the parts not there. itd sure be a lot smaller than all new cr2 files. BT

glennjan ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 10:03 AM

Sounds good ..do you mean having the V3 cr2 point to the clothing obj instead of V3....I am kind of new at this so I wanted to make sure I understood what you are saying....Why are you making the cr2 public? Just telling someone what lines to edit doesnt seem to violate anything..they still have to have the V3 package to accomplish this no? :) Glennjan

Momcat ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 10:05 AM

^_^

aleks ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 10:05 AM

uhh... could you give us more detail? like what, how and where? :)

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 10:11 AM

Just tell us how to do what you did with the V3 cr2 then :o). There shouldn't be any copyright violations with that. You wouldn't need to give it away, just tell us step-by-step how you stripped V3's and re-referenced it for the V2 clothing :). Laurie

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 10:11 AM

Fyrespirit has done more-or-less that - there's a post about three pages down (at the moment).

Schlabber ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 10:13 AM

glennjan - you're right - that's the basic point - try it and hide what you don't like ... The problem is: You would do this for all of your clothes ?? You have the next 3 weeks holidays ?? - and then ... if you're not allowed to make it public - everyone has to do that - oh come on ... Brycetec - You're absolutely right - but I'm not used to work with cr2-files - for me it'ld take ages to strip down ONE single cr2-file - but it is right - you can get this cr2-file a lot smaller ...

Schlabber ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 10:15 AM

ah interesting ... RHaseltine ... I was wondering why noone before was trying that ... :o) LaurieA - I'm not the right person for that ... But I guess there'll soon be something like that up :o)

brycetech ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 10:22 AM

itd be worth it tho schlab this one pose file would just be joint info that would switch the center, rotation falloffs, spherical falloffs and all youd need do is apply this to the clothes before conforming them...then after applying the pose to the clothes, it would conform because the joint setup would be the same of course this does mean that the clothes would need to be the same proportion as v3..I dont have any vicky, but to me this would be a one-size-fits-all fix that could be put up anywhere to fix almost all clothing..and certainly would fix all clothes that are conforming. someone with vick 3 needs to try this... Im pretty sure it will work and it will solve a lot of the v2 clothes to v3 issues that you are experiencing. BT

Schlabber ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 10:30 AM

ah - this answers my question at 3DCommune ... to bad you don't have any Vicky ... As mentioned also at 3DCommune - there is one problem ... the proportions are not the same ... I'm still wondering why DAZ called this model Vicky. It has really not so much to do with the older Vickies ... Maybe DAZ could do such a pose-injection conversion ...

Schlabber ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 10:41 AM

Some example for the difference in proportions: the corrected settings for the bikini-top: Chest: Scale 107% Right collar: Scale: 110%, xScale: 103% Left collar: Scale: 110%, xScale: 103% the corrected settings for the bikini-bottom: Body: Scale 106% right buttock: Scale 101% left buttock: Scale 101%

brycetech ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 10:43 AM

questions and additional comments added at commune..lol point daz to the idea here/there and have them do it or strip the cr2 until there is no copywritten material in it and send it to me and I'll do it myself. Don't want any copyright issue stuff tho. anyhow, then the cr2 can be edited to remove all unnecessary info that keep the relevant things (body part name, joint setup info) and just apply that to the clothes before conforming. blammo...one small file fixes almost all v3 issues with v2 clothes. BT

brycetech ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 10:45 AM

oh..that can be left in the cr2 then schlab..the clothes would automatically scale as well there could even be 2 pose-fix files..one with the scaling info...one without it. not an issue at all I dont think. BT

Schlabber ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 10:48 AM

BT - moving over to the chat here ... I'll wait there :o)

PabloS ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 12:38 PM

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 12:40 PM

Attached Link: http://www.shininghalf.com/desprit/downloads/V2clothesToV3.zip

If someone wants to figure out all the scaling, I can add it to the JP-setting pose I've got. The magnet set works OK too, but there's a little pokeage yet.

milamber42 ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 1:30 PM

If DAZ would release body morphs for V3 to V2, then it would solve most of the problem. Then owners of The Tailor would need a patch to use The Tailor with V3.

PabloS ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 1:33 PM

FyreSpiryt. Thanks for the effort you're putting into this and sharing. Did you happen to catch post #17 from Schlabber on the scaling?

Netherworks ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 2:30 PM

Yeah, transfering the JP's works in most cases. I've been playing with FyreSpiryt's conformer pose and magnets. It's a bitch, but if someone can get the catsuit to fit, then most of the other form-fitting clothes (bikinis, loincloths, shorts, etc) should fit well too. Vicky 3 is cut a bit differently, but It doesn't seem to matter that much. She's gone from two necks to one neck (weight watchers?. There are a couple of snags with just plugging it into a cr2 or using a pose conformer. Both of which can be remedied with work. Any clothing that isn't snug (loose clothing, big sleeves) will have to have its joints edited a bit (inner/outer spheres etc). Unnecessary body parts should be removed. Like a bikini would consists of a chest, rShoulder, lShoulder. Its easy enought to reference the original cr2 to see what it needs.

Schlabber ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 2:38 PM

You're saying it Netherworks - IF (!) someone can get the catsuit to fit !!! Did you do that allready ??

Photopium ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 2:42 PM

I believe you can select a body part on V3 (Or any figure) and go to edit/copy. Pick the same part on the clothing and go to edit/paste. It will copy all current information (morphs with same names, scale info, bend, twist, rotate etc...) and then it will ask you if you'd also like to copy the joint parameter setup! Handy. -WTB

quixote ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 2:59 PM

Un coup de dés jamais n'abolira le hazard
S Mallarmé

pokeydots ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 3:24 PM

8oO watching!

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

OpticalSingenoid ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 3:28 PM

Well, i just did a Pose file too for that purpose! So, far, i've tried it on 30 itmes & works fine! Although, some "Rescaling" seems unavoidable... Have to do a Pose file just for that... And, it doesn't matter if the cloth item has only 4 bodyparts. The Pose File will only affect the ones already there. The only problem is with "Special Clothes', like Billy-T's Spangly Dress! It has 2 Xtra "non-standard" bodyparts: skf & & skb. But, that's easily fixed in "Cr2Edit"... Well, Back to perfecting it! Once, i've tweaked it, i can pass it along... Oh! Most of my clothes have been "Tailored" for V2. Well, most of the Morphs work rather well with V3! :-) Marco

Netherworks ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 3:33 PM

Does it, William the Bloody? Wow, I didn't know that. I knew about the copy-paste, but not about the JP. It freaks me out that shortcuts like that are so easy, but the Joint Editor is so clunky. Schlabber, been trying to do it with mags. That way the magnets can be saved and used on other cloths. I haven't been completely successful yet. Actually, it started making me bonkers and I had to stop for a while. It takes sooo many magnets to do it properly. I don't mind at all if anyone else wants to take a shot at it. No reason at all why we can't have several magnet sets floating about. I may do some quickies - magnet sets for Tops (shirts, bikinis) and Bottoms (shorts, thongs). Schlabber, thanks for sharing your sizing numbers with everyone. And thanks to all contributing to this thread. It would be nice if when someone gets a working system going that we all could try (within reason) to coordinate our efforts.

Netherworks ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 3:35 PM

Marco, be careful with cr2 scaling... sometimes it screws up the joints, especially in the left/right collars. :)

maclean ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 3:53 PM

Here's the text version of a 'MAT' I made to restore the default joint parameters to a Door Figure I made. { version { number 4.01 } actor BODY:1 { endPoint 0 0.74 0.25 origin 0 0.74 0 } actor inset:1 { endPoint -0.242499 0.429399 0.020732 origin 0 0.435937 0.020414 } actor frame:1 { endPoint -0.342499 0.429399 0.020732 origin -0.242499 0.429399 0.020732 } actor door1:1 { endPoint -0.204267 0.408456 0.020925 origin 0.204189 0.408456 0.020925 } actor door2:1 { endPoint -0.204267 0.408456 0.020925 origin 0.204189 0.408456 0.020925 } actor door3:1 { endPoint -0.204267 0.408456 0.020925 origin 0.204189 0.408456 0.020925 } actor door4:1 { endPoint -0.204267 0.408456 0.020807 origin 0.204189 0.408456 0.020807 } actor door5:1 { endPoint -0.209289 0.418941 0.020925 origin 0.209211 0.418941 0.020925 } } I've been using these MATs for a while with no problems and they're very useful. As you can see, the Door has a BODY, inset, frame and 5 doors. All you need to do is leave in the End point and Point of origin lines for each body part. Easy. mac

OpticalSingenoid ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 4:14 PM

NetherWorks, you are correct! Scaling for the Catsuit doesn't match with Billy-T's own Catsuit! Darn it! I noticed that i also copied the "Offset" Channels in my Pose File... I'll need to try without them... I have a funny feeling that a "All Purpose" Pose File will not work for all Clothes. Well, i'm tired! Need a break from Poser! So i'll go play in C4D! LOL Later! Marco

Larry F ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 4:40 PM

brycetech ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 7:00 PM

I just sent the actual vicky 3 joint pose file to schlabber..he will have to test it to see that it does indeed work to change v2 joints to v3. I made a program that autostrips a cr2 for this purpose... so it did most of the work. the poser file works on posette body parts so it should work on vicky clothing with standard body part names. after applying the pose to the clothes, you'd just need to conform them..and possible rescale them in places that arent the same dimensions..but it should work I think. at the very least, I did prove that you can make the joints change via a pose file. I guess we all wait on schlabber now to test it and then get back with a report :) BT

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sun, 22 December 2002 at 11:16 PM

Schlabber ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 3:17 AM

*********** I guess we all wait on schlabber now to test it and then get back with a report *********** ... and Schlabber is at work now - dohhh ... However - I'll be able to test this in around 8 hours ... Will give the status then ...

Sprinter ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 7:33 AM

volfin ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 9:50 AM

brycetech ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 9:53 AM

I can see no problem with this, itd have to bolser sales cause itd help. However, sure I'll personally email them with the details and wait for them to get back about it. :) BT

VI_Knight ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 12:03 PM

Sassywench ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 12:19 PM

"Own the Day"

*Live*Laugh*Love*Dream*Believe*

DS user since the first alpha :)

Poser user through P5

Schlabber ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 1:47 PM

OK - tested and tried out to fit the dress, the T-shirt and the trousers ... First: It's not your fault BT - basically this works ... Second: Well - sorry - it doesn't work ... I can get the trousers (that's what I tried longest) fit to the Standard pose and I can get (with much adjustment) the trousers working at a more extreme pose - but this is simply way to much work and I turned a lot of dials to get it in an OK-looking-shape (not even great) ... Third: So, sorry all hoping for a solution - Yes, DAZ made a beautifull and great looking model but to bad she can't wear her sisters clothes ... this is only possible for V3 to V2 it seems - but their might be a fix on the way ...

maclean ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 2:41 PM

bryvetech said 'I made a program that autostrips a cr2 for this
purpose... so it did most of the work.' Um.... this is to strip a
cr2 and leave only the JP info, right? Does it work with any cr2?
Is it available to us mere mortals? mac >hopeful

Schlabber ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 3:10 PM

and ... well - please don't feel to bad about it ... therefore you'll get around 100 poses for her ... I've done 50 so far and the night is still young :o) so I hope to get them done until tomorrow ... hope to get them done until tomorrow - any ideas what kind of poses I should do for the next 50 ??

Crescent ( ) posted Mon, 23 December 2002 at 5:05 PM

V3 staring forlornly at clothes that no longer fit? ;-)

brycetech ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 2:00 AM

I have v3 now so Im going to look at this. I still think it will work. I may not have the file made properly. I'll have to find some free v3 clothing to check this out, but I do really think it will work...it may require magnets also be stuck in the pose file to force the clothes to change shape so they will conform. BT

brycetech ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 2:02 AM

mac, the program isnt 100% user friendly. A person that doesnt know a cr2 would most likely have problems..however, one that knows a cr2 could use it to remove the few parts that it misses. BT

brycetech ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 4:49 AM

update 1. ok, so the file I sent you does things that it's not supposed to..that is it removes parts of the rotation info that I should have left in...so it wont work. 2. v3 has different default positioning and a different scale that is not proportional in any way to v2 clothing proportions. So this can not be a one-stop-fix for v3...however, I think that it can still be accomplished but it will take several steps (via this method) and I'm not sure if people would want to go that way. 3. I am working with v3 without v2 so Im just having to assume that the v2 clothing I have contains the same joint parameters and body shape as v2. Kinda like walking on ice with one eye closed :P so, anyhow...dan farr and daz are interested in making this happen if at all possible so here is the idea as it appears to have to be implemented to make it work. a. a pose that makes vicky2 nearly the same shape in regards to default position of v3 would need made. b. This pose would have to be applied to v2 clothing c. the obj of the clothing would have to be exported out into a new file and edited to remove any unnecessary group names that poser will apply. d. a copy of the clothes original cr2 would be made and this pointed at the new v3 clothing obj e. the stripped pose file that contains v3 joint info would be applied to the clothing..and then conform it to v3. You would then perform only small amounts of scaling to make it work. The proportions are significantly different between the 2 figures. BT

PabloS ( ) posted Tue, 24 December 2002 at 7:01 AM

brycetech, what approaching this from another direction? Scaling V3, using an fbm, to fit the modified clothing rather all those new obj files. It might be an option since I haven't seen many objections to v2 proportions.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.