Tue, Oct 22, 2:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Writers

Welcome to the Writers Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Wolfenshire

Writers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 14 4:51 am)

Writers Gallery

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ---Anton Chekhov

Subject: [i am ;0]

Tanialmeida ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 8:47 AM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 2:25 AM

on travelling lands i am the dreamer of the dream the dream of a dreamer hacking on my future!

tjames ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 4:20 PM

Hacking...does that signify that a dream is some sort of encroachment on a secure area? Isn't "i" the dreamer mentioned? The future is hardly secure, a dream is the subconscious making sense of seemingly unrelated events and integrating them with known responses to come up with an answer. On the conscious level sometimes we can't see the forest for the trees.

Tanialmeida ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 5:21 PM

this means i am the only and solely responsible for my future dreams ;0] and then again what is the forest without the trees? love ur comments xzpecially comming from such an incredible writter thank u

tjames ( ) posted Mon, 03 February 2003 at 6:15 PM

The comments are extremely important. When you only have 4 lines little items carry a lot more weight.

Crescent ( ) posted Wed, 05 February 2003 at 8:28 PM

I like the first two lines, very soft and melodious, but I'm tripped up on the last two. I don't see why you inverted line 2 to create line three - I can't figure out what line 3 means. Hacking seems a bit strong for the poem. The rest of the poem has softer consonnents. Maybe "crafting" or "forging" might work better sound-wise. Standard disclaimer - I've a tin ear for poetry, so it's quite possible (likely) that I'm missing subtle nuances. Glad to see another poet join our ranks!

ynsaen ( ) posted Thu, 06 February 2003 at 2:15 AM

Dreams are the pandering of the id for the ego to awaken...

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

Tanialmeida ( ) posted Thu, 06 February 2003 at 6:23 AM

thank u crescent, i'm glad to be here too ;0]

Tanialmeida ( ) posted Thu, 06 February 2003 at 6:26 AM

ynsaen ur words are so true this is about make dreams come true!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.