Fri, Sep 20, 4:50 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:32 pm)

Subject: Vicky's Dress-3 versions

picnic ( ) posted Tue, 16 May 2000 at 10:52 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:46 PM

file_127244.jpg

This is the dress that I want to do a long version of--morphs great, but I have to install patch to make template/model as per Steve Shanks. I just grabbed some textures to do these, so nothing special, except it will show a little of the versatility of this dress. However, a few problems--which I'm hoping the patch will take care of. For one--notice the black marks around the wrists--seems to be 'leftover' dress after transparences--even with dress done in white before textures. Secondly--the shoulders, forearms and wrists don't conform easily--lots of fiddling with them and I finally gave up on the forearms in the 'striding' image--which I wanted to have long sleeves (I tried invisible forearms, but the dress forearms were sort of deformed). Still--nice innovative design with all the possibilities for transparencies of parts. I'm going to dl patch tonight and install and hope that this will solve these problems. (I'm using all my textures which are adaptations of Anton's and Diane's P4 textures--cept I notice I forgot to use the redhead body texture--this is not Diane's Vicky tex but adaptation of P4 Karyn). I altered hair Vicky hair colors. Diane B

Anton_Kisiel ( ) posted Tue, 16 May 2000 at 11:01 PM

Diane, you adapted the textures perfectly! Wow. They look completely different. Can you render a pic of my Kassandra Tex on Vicki and Posette and post it so I can see the difference. I don't know if Miko and Vicki were the only two you adapted, but mabey Shauna if you have that one. Only if you can, :) Anton

Anton_Kisiel ( ) posted Tue, 16 May 2000 at 11:02 PM

whoops, that's Tina, not Vicki.

picnic ( ) posted Tue, 16 May 2000 at 11:09 PM

Yep, Tina on the 2 left, but facial morphs quite different (I've only done Shauna and Tina so far). I will have to do the Kassandra texture for Vicky. Have you seen the template?--quite different, so it will take me a little bit. The head and body are separate templates plus they are laid out quite differently--which means they really are adaptations--I do a lot of cloning LOL. However, that will make one more Vicky texture for me anyhow, so glad to do it. Oh, I do have Shauna too-don't think I ever finished the body but I need to do that. I'll post her above if I can find the one I did earlier. Diane B

arcady ( ) posted Wed, 17 May 2000 at 12:58 AM

patch? There's already a patch?

Truth has no value without backing by unfounded belief.
Renderosity Gallery

picnic ( ) posted Wed, 17 May 2000 at 6:02 AM

Arcady, no the regular Poser patch--which I still have not installed. Just dled it last night, so will do that today. Steve says I have to have it to create a new model and template for the morphed long dress. Also, since Chad said these clothes were done under the 'patch', I'm hoping the problems I had with the sleeves conforming may be okay once I install the patch.

arcady ( ) posted Wed, 17 May 2000 at 10:30 AM

The black around the hands might also be the 'hands' part of the dresses. Look at their list of body parts. The dresses do have a hands object and it is exactly the size and location of the black lines you've got.

Truth has no value without backing by unfounded belief.
Renderosity Gallery

picnic ( ) posted Wed, 17 May 2000 at 10:36 AM

You are exactly right--I just checked the hierarchy editor for the dress. However, I just installed the patch and don't see the 'hand' any longer, so it does appear that the patch is important for Vicky's clothing. I read elsewhere from Chad at Zygote that these are the first models, he thought, that were based on the patched P4. Diane B

Jim Burton ( ) posted Wed, 17 May 2000 at 12:50 PM

Diane- Gee, nice work! Did you notice the shoes will not fit unless you invisable the toes (or scale them way down). I was also suprised that some of the other items do not fit unless you scale down body parts or make things invisable.

picnic ( ) posted Wed, 17 May 2000 at 1:25 PM

Yes, I did. The post I'm getting ready to do has shoes. This one was before the patch and I crashed when I tried to add shoes last night. I wish you didn't have to fiddle quite so much scaling, etc., but I like the fact the clothes are more versatile. Guess you can't have everything. I do feel that fiddling with the scaling and adjusting brought me more to grips with Vicky's body and I really like the almost infinite tweaks you can do. I had really focused on the head, but there's more to Vick than her head smile. Diane B

chadly ( ) posted Wed, 17 May 2000 at 3:51 PM

Diane- Not only do you need the P4 patch to fix some potential problems (like C exception errors), but you also need to make sure that you have the latest Victoria update. This is a free download .cr2 file from Zygote's site (follow link on front page). I'm guessing that the reason that you're having problems with the shoulders, forearms and wrists is because of this. (On the last update to Vicki we adjusted the xtran of her collars groups; the clothing fits this adjustment.) As far as the black groups on her wrists: the Poser4 patch should fix this I think (because I can't replicate the problem on a patched version). Just so you know, however, some of the clothing items have groups intended to be invisible (lHand, rFoot, abdomen, etc). Although they should all read in invisible, if you can see them (accidentally map them, etc.) you can turn visibility on that body part off, or you can select the "skin" material group for the clothing item and turn transparency min and max to 100%. Hope this helps. If any of you run into problems (or even potential problems and/or things that need clarification) please let Zygote know. BTW, great looking outfits! I'm excited to see what you all do with these clothes. In our meetings over this product I pushed for easy versatility - transparency and morphs, and promised the management that they would increase the value of the product enough to justify the development. Glad to see you using it! -Chad Smith Zygote Media Group

picnic ( ) posted Wed, 17 May 2000 at 3:59 PM

Chad, see an above thread where I did some after I installed the patch. Things improved mightily LOL. I need to grab the latest Vicky upgrade too--I have one, but evidently don't have the latest. Diane B

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.