Sat, Sep 21, 6:00 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: How much on Poser "stuff"?

sassy_lady ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 10:49 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 8:15 PM

I was just wondering how much everyone is spending on Poser "stuff" each month. I want to know if I am spending more than average. Last month I spent around $150.

EricofSD ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 10:53 PM

I keep it to about 1/3 that amount.

Fashionably_Late ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 11:29 PM

I try to keep it under $100 monthly, but some months I'll end up spending $25 and others its $150... it usually depends on how much free time I have to browse the marketplace. This place is dangerous! ;)

~Molly

SophiaDeer ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 11:49 PM

I spend between 75-100 dollars a month. Warm Regards, Nancy

Nancy Deer With Horns
Deer With Horns Native American Indian Site

odeathoflife ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 11:55 PM

I tend to buy one thing a month...average $20 i guess.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

Farside ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 12:19 AM

around $50 since I was smart enough to purchase a lifetime membership to PoserWorld which really cut down on the clothing and props I have to buy at places like Daz... and here :)

pdxjims ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 12:21 AM

...and at the other end... I've been known to spend over $200 a month. It depends if there's something really neat with lots of add-ons (V3 for example). The longer you're involved, the less you spend as you start passing things up because you've already got something very like something. Armor comes to mind. I've got 11 sets for Mike. That's enough. V2 long dresses - dozens. I also belong to 3 subscription sites, so that helps too. $60 a year for a PoserWorld subscription will keep most people pretty happy.

MachineClaw ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 12:58 AM

Belong to 3 clubs, and spend around $50-100 a month. depends on what is coming out etc. Last month I spent $10 total, guess it depends on the mood. Lately I've been learning and reading books, so time and hair go flying, and spending is less and less. and saving for Lightwave plugins, poser products seem a bit less of a priority. goes back to reading 'Lightwave and the little poly that ran away'

Burnart ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 1:03 AM

Obviously I'm the freak - I bought Poser 5 on pre. release and have spent nothing on Poser stuff since. What I want to do is create my own stuff and bring it into Poser - I'm getting there bit by bit.

lalverson ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 1:27 AM

Normally about 100-200 a month. Mostly clothes and textures and props I cannot make or don't know how to make. Odds are I have bought something from every vendor at least once. I also buy folks stuff, because I can and they have something on thier list I have and like. the ones that burn me, never see another dime from me. APR was a big month $260 and that is just THIS site. So I guess I might be called a big spender here.

jarm ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 1:38 AM

I'm around $100-$150 a month.

Firebirdz ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 1:42 AM

The best thing I bought was the Daz Platinum Club Membership which was $49.95 last year. Now it is almost $100 BUT you get alot of stuff for $1.99

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 1:45 AM

Perhaps $20-30 a month. I build a lot of my own stuff.

SnowSultan ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 1:58 AM

I think Caleb could be the record-holder here, he's supposedly spent thousands and thousands of dollars on Poser stuff. Me...I spend around $10-$15 or so. ;) SnowS

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

Sasha_Maurice ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 2:28 AM

Just last night I spent $182.32 in the MP. sigh Average about $150.00 a month.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 2:35 AM

On average, 20$ to 30$ a month. Some more, like last month, Damn that Daz, some months none.

pstekky ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 2:52 AM

I am SOO glad to hear I'm not alone. This stuff is addictive. I spend upwards of $100 per month, and most of it I probably will never use. (But I can't live without! hehe) I thought I was alone in this.

sandoppe ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 2:54 AM

Last month was a large one....over $500 (got a tax refund). So far this month: only $10 :) But I have $85 sitting in my shopping cart and I'm sure that damned DNA will come up with something I can't resist! :) I suppose the average is $150 or so here and everywhere. I'm also a platinum club member, Poser World member and Poser Style member!! Jeezz.....I wish you hadn't asked!! I will simply attribute my "madness" to the fact that I'm still new to this (and hope I get over it soon!!)

Axe_Gaijin ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 3:37 AM

I TRY to keep it to a minimun... and I finaly succeeded in that, my credit card is revoked :( December was a record month for me, $500, 350 in just one weekend, this included platinum membership at DAZ. Axe.

miraty ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 3:57 AM

haha on this question, I will say it depends on several factors. If you are just starting out, you may spend more. During certain times, there is sudden splurge of many new stuffs that you want. After the bills how much you can spend. I have to pay twice the amount $20=$40 coz my currency is not USD =( If the items go on sale, special promotions, value for money packs also grab my attention. I noticed that many vendors are lowering their prices for the new products which I think is great coz it allows me to purchase many more stuffs :) Mostly it average $100-$200

FishNose ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 4:40 AM

About $60 a month these days. Equally distributed between R, DAZ, PoserPros and RDNA more or less. Have had some bad months :o) and last year I was over $150 several times. Also member of PoserStyle. Great stuff there. And BBay's Pose Club, also excellent. :] Fish

grunthor ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 5:31 AM

I just started with Poser 5 last week and since then I've dropped around $250 on stuff. Is there a support group for Poser addicts? ;-)

Firebirdz ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 5:59 AM

I think there should be a forum titled "Poserholics Anonymous" Hope the Admins take that up. If this sounds like an addiction, there needs to be counselling and support groups and people who are willing to share their experiences LOL. Is $150 a month or more Hardcore ? Or is that just scraping the barrel ?

geoegress ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 7:19 AM

problem is when the support group is the store owner- LOL your here :) Hello- my name is geo, and I'm an poser addict... (as a group) Hello geo hehehe

JoeyAristophanes ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 7:38 AM

Aside from a sub at PW and PoserStyle, almost nothing. This is a hobby, so it's gotta be something downright amazing if I'm gonna buy it.

RealitysPoison ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 8:11 AM

What's scary is if you do this to make income and have to itemize your expenses at tax time. shudders. I keep really thorough records...when I did my taxes this year I figured out "to-date" how much I spent on Poser-related stuff through the years. Oh My. Let's just say multiple thousands and leave it at that. ;) But there has been a trend for lower prices and better value lately. Used to be you expected to drop over $25 for a good texture set, without near as many options as you were getting now. And that was before MAT files, so you spen half of your time changing settings and less rendering. Overall, I probably average around $100 a month now. Not because I really need anything anymore, have a subscription to almost everything, but because even if I an do it myself, there are just some people's products that I will buy because I know they are good. (My prob this month is Trav and DNA. They are killing me. :)

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 8:20 AM

sandoppe: Don't have too many words of comfort for ya ;o). I've been doing this for years and I'm STILL not "over it"....LOL. I spend way too much, but it goes up and down. I'm real big in Daz stuff and have a Platinum Club membership and Poserworld sub. Had a Poserstyle sub, but let it run out. When they start supporting V3 maybe I'll rejoin :o). And I'm a PoserPro's and RDNA shopper too :o). sigh Laurie

Dave ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 8:29 AM

Well I guess I'm at the low end of the spectrum. I hardly spend anything on a montly basis. But I do belong to Poserstyle and have bought an item on occassion from Daz. Has to be really special before I plunk out my hard earned dough. Dave

a_super_hero ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 8:51 AM

Around $150 a month, but this month is more. I buy stuff when feeling blue and depressed.

EsnRedshirt ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 9:46 AM

$0.00 Yeah, I'm a leech on the freestuff front ;P But I'm posting tutorials and stuff now, so I guess that helps pay back the community :)

onnetz ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 9:59 AM

no offese to anyone but 150, 200, and 500 a month? to me that seems rediculous... but I guess if you have it, why not spend it...

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.

If you can't eat it or play with it,

just pee on it and walk away. :-)

I wouldnt have to manage my anger

if people would manage their stupidity......

genny ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 10:06 AM

For me, it is better on my health if I don't know? Heck, I may have a heart-attack if I stopped to tally it all up!LOL! Actually, I don't really know, but I would have to say, it varies, depending on what is being released between all the PoserStores in any given month........probably anywhere from $50 to $100 a month on average. Genny

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 11:53 AM

zip..no credit cards, and no credit..;) Of course, I've done almost 6 poser pics now..so I'm getting my money's worth..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

sandoppe ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 11:58 AM

Onnetz...it is a bit ridiculous, but I've seen people sit at our local licquor store and go through $100 a night in drinks and pull tabs.....walking away with nothing but a headache in the morning.....and then go back a day or two later and do it all over again! Now to me.....that's ridiculous! My parents worked hard all their life.....saved every dime.....put off vacations and purchases of things they wanted so that some day they could retire and enjoy their savings. Then they got old....guess what....they didn't know how to "retire and enjoy their savings". My father died never having taken that "fishing trip" he always talked about. My mother still scrimps her social security money. What's the point! If you have it.......enjoy it while you can. Life slips by too quickly and money means so little :) I give myself about 6 more months of what I call "binge buying" and then.....I'll just stop. That's the nature of my personality. Besides, how hair can you buy (especially when you've got all that free red hair available to you!!) At some point I'll have to learn how to create some really decent images with this software or I'll go do something else with my time and money. Finally if I couldn't afford it, I wouldn't do it. But this summer there's the house to paint, repairs to be made.....and on it goes! :)

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 1:38 PM

Excellent observations, Sandoppe. There is a -huge- difference between non-productive hedonism and productive hedonism. Not just in the results to society, but in internal long-term happiness. But have you considered that maybe your parents were in fact doing what they enjoyed? It's possible that your father got more happiness out of planning and dreaming about his fishing trip, than he would have derived from the mosquito-ridden reality. One thing I've learned over the years is that most grownups -are- in fact doing what they like to do, regardless of how much they may complain, or how unpleasant the activity may appear to an outsider. The complaining itself may be the most desirable activity for some people!

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

dougf ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 2:02 PM

Well I just pasted the account download into the old spread sheet and amazing! It came to 106.50 month. I've been at it from 4/17/01 to 4/23/03 or just two years.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 2:12 PM

I do the Platinum club too at DAZ and at $1.99 you do get a lot, except I keep going and going, and then this place has great stuff I am still going to get this weekend, then there is RDNA....I just got done over there and now I have to go back cause they have more great stuff.....spend alot. Sharen

duckmango ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 2:42 PM

Around $75.00 a month between Rosity, RDNA, and DAZ. Actually, my spending habits have increased as the amount of free stuff (like from BAT Labs) have decreased. And, things like Platinum club and RDNA Real Deals sorta suck me in ... I tend to buy one or two of the $1.99 / $2.50 items, then say, "Hmmm, may as well pick up X for $15.00 while I'm pulling out my credit card".

queri ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 2:50 PM

Gulp, more that anyone's mentioned so far. . . $200 last night, but that ain't the only buy this month and the month is young. And I can't find it all. Understandably. There's a lot of crap I bought in the beginning that I don't use now. I don't make my own-- my back and my hands only let me spend a certain amount of time posing and if I made anything, I couldn't render. I do admit, there's some stuff, I want it all-- all the good textures, all the good sets. And count me as another that Trav, Colm and Judith have ruined permanently, I get almost everything Rdna puts out. However, I was addicted to EBay before this, and compared to ivory antiquities, Victorian gold jewelry, and stuff from French chapels, this is a lovely hobby that I can afford. LOL!! Emily

Dale B ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 2:52 PM

Lessee.... Several years.... 12 archive CD's burned... probably 2 or 3 more in the HDD waiting... ... ... ... I don't think I want the answer. How about them Dodgers?

Lyrra ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 3:15 PM

well I'd spend more if people would buy my stuff ..currently I have cash flow issues :) I think I racked up a total of about$400 last year

maclean ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 3:34 PM

lalverson said, 'the ones that burn me, never see another dime from me' Atta boy, lalverson!! That's the way it should be! As a vendor, I put up 2 products at DAZ a year ago, then stopped. I've spent the last year (on and off) working on a kick-ass pack. Reason? From now on, if it ain't GREAT, my name isn't going on it. I don't want to belittle anyone's work, but sometimes I really wonder if some of the things I see out there ever actually sell. 'But there has been a trend for lower prices and better value lately' Amen to that, too! This is known as free market enterprise. If I can't make something that's good enough to justify people shelling out their hard-earned cash, then I shouldn't be trying to sell. Simple as that. And if someone does it better in Freestuff, can I blame people for getting that instead? No way! I'd do it myself. Anyway, it's great to see all these bucks being spent on Poser. Maybe I'll get rich and fat one day. LOL. mac

Mason ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 4:00 PM

I spend more on poser than on my crack habit.

Penguinisto ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 4:23 PM

...you'd think they'd forget a small thing like Armed Robbery in the face of such logic... heh - Actually, some months I spend nada, but most months I spend about $50 or so on stuff here, at DAZ, and at Poser Pros. /P

Luthoricas ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 5:04 PM

I spend somewhere between $20 and $65 dollars a month between Renderosity and Daz. How far over $20 I go depends on how much guilt I can face for going over my "budget"... My wishlist is huge and growing faster than I can afford to buy. If I could spend what I wanted to I'd easily go a minimum of $120 a month.

sandoppe ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 5:13 PM

I suspect you're right about that "vacation" :) On the other hand, Dad said something once that I'll never forget. He was talking about a business enterprise he had wanted to pursue, but my mother (the penny pincher in the family) convinced him it was too risky. He told me he had always wondered what would have happened if he had followed that dream :) The look in his eyes told me he regreted that he hadn't. I decided that I would never "wonder what would have happened if...." I'm now about the same age he was when he made the comment....58. No regrets here! :) BTW: your last comment certainly describes my dear mother :)

Crescent ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 5:25 PM

I plead the fifth. I seem to be on the high end of the "average" but at least one person beats me, so I can't be doing too badly. ;-)

greenbd ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 5:49 PM

I've averaged about $43 per month from DAZ since I bought Victoria in November 2001, but that includes special purchases such as Platinum Club membership and Mimic. Usually I spend $25-$30 a month at DAZ and none elsewhere, though I have bought one texture set and the magazine subscription from Renderosity. There's also my PoserStyle membership of roughly $60 per year, and the cost of Poser itself. To LaurieA: PoserStyle has its first V3 product out now, but it's pretty skimpy. I don't know if I'd consider it to be "supporting" V3 just yet.

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 6:00 PM

Do I want to admit this? I have subscriptions to several sites (including Platinum Club, PoserWorld, PoserStyle, etc.). I buy probably $5-$20 a week from Daz, $5-$20 a week from RunDNA (that's because of those irresistible RealDeals), $20-$30 every two weeks from Renderosity, and maybe $10-$15 every two-three weeks at other sites. This is pretty amazing, really, because I rarely buy fantasy or science fiction stuff, and never buy from the kinky section of stores....so what the heck am I purchasing in such bulk? Real life clothes, backgrounds, terraine, buildings and furniture. I love props. I could stop buying now and make graphics for a year and never repeat a prop. Good grief. I'm an addict. :(

EdW ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 6:09 PM

I model most of the clothing items and props I need so I don't spend much at all anymore. I used to spend quite a bit at DAZ and the store here. The last purchase I made was V3. Ed

JetM ( ) posted Wed, 07 May 2003 at 8:20 PM

omigod! dialyn, your numbers are just about the same as mine. I hate to admit it, but there it is. sigh I spend too much time buying and not enough time rendering. I've started to play a game with myself, though. For example, I refuse to buy one of marforno's absolutely fabulous looking new packages until I make at least one image that I can post to the gallery or my website with one of his previous products in it. Forces me to be a bit more productive... when I live by my own rules, that is :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.