Sat, Sep 21, 12:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:04 pm)

Subject: First Ever Pic :-) WIP

mit123 ( ) posted Tue, 22 July 2003 at 1:51 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:01 PM

file_68269.jpg

Ok heres my first pic. Still want to do some stuff with her eyes and hair. All C & C welcome. I think I'll re-render in a larger size but its difficult cos I only have a small monitor :-( Perhaps 1000x1000? Should I post in beginners? Will many see it there?

lhiannan ( ) posted Tue, 22 July 2003 at 2:01 PM

As a render, most especially for a beginner, it's not bad. Nice lighting. But, there are a blue-million naked cross-eyed Vickie pics in the galleries. Do something with her. For a headshot, show me an interesting face. You seem to have the basics down pretty well and I hope to see more from you. 1000x1000 is a bit (ok, not a bit... VERY) large for a headshot. Some people don't have a display that wide. Unless you have a pic with some very very interesting detailing going on (beyong Daz's lovely V3 texture), I'd suggest maybe no more than 800x800... The size you have it at now (465x419) allows me to see what needs to be seen and not get crazy with image size and bandwith.

varianie ( ) posted Tue, 22 July 2003 at 2:05 PM

i think she looks great!! realistic lightning and texture, pretty face, love her expression. Is just change one little thing... as shes looking down, id close her eyelids a bit. I think u can post in posers gallery, no one would say thats ur first render!

Gothic-Ice ( ) posted Tue, 22 July 2003 at 2:07 PM

Cool ! I so need to get me vicky ! Nice.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Tue, 22 July 2003 at 3:14 PM

Looks better than my first. Do need to fix the eyes,uncross them a bit, say move them outside between 3 to 7, and close the eyelids a bit. If you have a paint program for post, try to round the shoulders, push, smudge, clone, what ever it takes. Something I notice first off and find it distracting. You can render as big as you want, the bigger the better, for doing post work, then size down when your finished. Also save your render as a Tiff or PSD file. It saves as an Alfa channel, so you can use layers without toasting the original. You do have the basics down. Nice work.

A_ ( ) posted Tue, 22 July 2003 at 4:00 PM

Very nice. Perhaps you'd like to move her neck a little, she looks a bit "stiff". Great job for a first render. :)

geoegress ( ) posted Tue, 22 July 2003 at 5:04 PM

Very nice job- can't wait to see more from you :) yup- redirect the eyes and make a bit of expression :) 1024 by 768 is just fine - and it will make it easier to post work. you can even render a bit larger then that and shrink down to size- :)

Patricia ( ) posted Tue, 22 July 2003 at 6:23 PM

That's a handsome render for someone just starting out :) I'd probably put some clothes on her to disguise the difference between the color tones of her face and neck and her shoulders...or maybe warm up the facial tones in a paint program. It helps to give her something to look at that would explain the slight frown in her expression, too...but that's just a suggestion. I tend to like images that tell a story. geoegress is right on the mark--render as large as your computer will let you--I usually render at about 2000 x whatever (though my Mary Magdalen portrait was rendered at 2995 X 4000 (I think...not good at recalling #'s) so that I could do the postwork more easily. I've learned to keep a backup file of things I render that large, since even my iMac occassionally balks and barfs on an image that large! Even if you're not into a whole lot of postwork yet, the larger you render, the clearer the details will look after you shrink it down to around 900 X 700 or so to post it. Good luck with your Poser experience and never hesitate to ask questions when you're stumped :)

melanie ( ) posted Tue, 22 July 2003 at 8:34 PM

Great start! My first Poser render was not even worth laughing at, but then I started with Poser 2 and the figures didn't even have real facial features. I would set the eyes at around 5 outwards and about 5 upwards. The way her irises are pointing downward gives her a somewhat manic expression. Your lighting is perfect! After all these years, I still have problems with lighting. I think you can do more with her than just a face pointing toward the camera. It's a nice portrait, but she has a slightly severe expression. Maybe give her a little character like a hint of a smile or a slightly arched eyebrow. Keep up the good work. If this is your first render, you're going to be doing some fantastic stuff once you get the feel of it. Melanie

mathman ( ) posted Tue, 22 July 2003 at 10:03 PM

mit123, it looks fantastic .... especially for a "beginner" ..... lhiannan -- I think when you are starting out, creating a good "naked cross-eyed Vickie" is not a bad thing to do. I love the backdrop too, like what a photographer would set up as a backdrop for a portrait.

lhiannan ( ) posted Tue, 22 July 2003 at 11:25 PM

Being that mit123 asked for constructive criticism and not just praise, I gave it. This is far beyond my first efforts in Poser... I kept breaking necks and flipping people over...

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Wed, 23 July 2003 at 6:22 AM

The outfit is fabulious and the hair is working ,looking body beutiful go for it!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.