Fri, Sep 20, 4:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:32 pm)

Subject: --IMPORTANT SURVEY--: Do You visit the PRODUCT SHOWCASE?

DraX ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 1:09 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:41 PM

Given the recent discussions I thought this survey might be in order. Please post whether or not you consciously visit the Product Showcase forum when you're looking to spend money or do you usually forget about it unless someone tells you specifically to go there. This Survey is directed primarily at regular consumers, not merchants, so if you are a Merchant, please state so when you reply.

PhilC ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 1:13 PM

Yes I regularly go to the Product Showcase Forum. I enjoy seeing what other merchants are producing and I use it to announce my own new items.

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

fauve ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 1:15 PM

Yup, I check it out on a regular basis. And no, I'm not a merchant.

orangeparty ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 1:16 PM

I go there regularly as well - just to see what's new and what's on the horizon. Rob

raven ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 1:18 PM

Yep, every time I come to Renderosity. It's the second forum of a regular 5 or 6 that I read here.

ladynimue ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 1:19 PM

I have always visited the Product Showcase Forum! What an excellent way to get previews of up and coming products - I especially like the Product Showcase Gallery. The majority of my Rosity purchases are a direct result from first visiting the Product Showcase Forum! Lets face it, if you are a merchant, you want your products to be seen! Why would you want to post your preview in the Poser Forum - with the large amount of postings, which tend to get hidden quickly! I would rather post my previews in the Product Showcase Forum, where members can do a quick search of a merchant's name if they want to see that merchant has posted recently - if you do a search of a merchants name in the Poser Forum - you can get over a hundred hits and none having to do with a new product :) ladynimue

PhilC ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 1:23 PM

So there you have it an overwhelming 100% thumbs up for the Product Showcase Forum.

Gotta love statistics 18.gif

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

milamber42 ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 1:26 PM

Yes. I do. The 2 forums I regularly check are the Poser forum and the Product Showcase.

JoeyAristophanes ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 1:31 PM

I posted this elsewhere, then thought about it and deleted it, but it seems appropriate here, so what the heck. I come to Renderosity, and the home page is almost wall to wall ads. I open a forum page, and there's an ad. I go to a thread page, and there's some more ads. I open the newsletter, and it's almost entirely ads. Look, I know the MP drives this place economically, but enough already, okay? I'm sure all of your M3 products will be great, and I'm sure I'll buy them all (and I probably will), but they're products, and let's all accept that and move on. The level of nonstop advertising on all the various Poser boards -- here and elsewhere -- has gotten just a little too relentless in the last year.

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 1:33 PM

Yup me too, just to see what I need to start saving my money for. This is not the place for it, let's leave it in the Product Showcase Forum where it belongs. I like to be able to come here to get tips and either get help with a problem or give help if I can. Right now only a few merchants post product wip's and such, but if we open it up it will be like before, and it was getting way out of hand then. That's why the product showcase forum was created. Marque

Porthos ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 1:42 PM

Rarely do I visit, unless I'm pointed in that direction from another Forum!

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 1:42 PM

"you're looking to spend money" - pardon? I'm looking NOT to spend money, with limited success. I do check the What's New at DAZ, R'osity, PoserPros etc. weekly but I avoid the Showcase forum.

nikitacreed ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 1:42 PM

I check it on a daily basis! Love going in there and seeing all the cool new stuff people are doing. I also need a place to decide how much money to spend and I like being able to ask questions (if I have them) right in the product thread. ;o)

genny ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 1:44 PM

Me too.....I visit the Product showcase forum at least twice a week........but if someone posts something here in the Poser forum with a product (wip) that I am interested in, then I check more frequently to see if it is ready. Take for instance, Beth's koshini morphs.....I really want that so I check when-ever someone posts anything about it.........hint, hint, to Beth (: genny

FrankJann ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 1:45 PM

Product Showcase forum (once I discovered it was there and what it was for) is one of my favorite spots to check. I am not a merchant and Product Showcase forum is definitely responsible for many purchases that I would not have otherwise known about. I regularly check a handful of forums here and the two most prominent ones are Poser and Product Showcase. Frank

capsces ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 1:49 PM

I have spells of occasional regularity, and spells where I do not go for a week or more. :) Sounds like a commercial to me. ;) Beth

Netherworks ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 1:50 PM

Yup - regularly. Always like to see what's vending here and at the other brokerages/stores. I probably go to the Product Showcase more than the "What's New" store page. And it's besides the fact that I'm a merchant.

pzrite ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 1:52 PM

I always go directly to the "What's New" page, almost a daily basis. Is there a benefit of going to the Product Showcase instead?

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 1:53 PM

I visit it all the time to see what's new and upcoming. And I post my own products there as well :o). Laurie

Patricia ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 1:54 PM

I used to pop in several times a week, but have been there slightly less often due to less $$ to spend lately. I still visit at least once a week just to see what's coming to the store and to hear about sales :)

nikitacreed ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 1:54 PM

ACK! Sorry...have to turn off the ebots. This looks like it will get a million replies and overwhelm my inbox. LOL! ;o)

DraX ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 1:56 PM

Yeah, same here... dumb me forgot to when I posted it

dirk5027 ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 1:56 PM

Nope..it's called time..rosity isn't the fastest site around

sturkwurk ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 1:59 PM

Yep, all the time. I love Gorodin's posts there especially.

I came, I rendered, I'm still broke.

lhiannan ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 2:00 PM

I rarely go to the Product Showcase. Lately, there hasn't been much being sold that I want or else it is just another version of something else. Usually I only hop in there when nothing else is going on in the other forums I visit (which actually is happening more and more of late as most postings are repetitive or whiney). Actually, I'm visiting Renderosity less and less frequently as well. I understand why you posted this thread and DraX, I haven't any problems with anything you've been posting. There are other merchants posting WIPs in the Poser Forum and not a single soul seems to have had a problem with them. I don't have any problems with them either. It gives me something to look at that's enjoyable.

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 2:04 PM

Ok, I'm a merchant with ONE product in the marketplace. BUT I am also a customer who has spent THOUSANDS here and this is what I do. I check the showcase forum daily just to see who's doing what, where I can find what I'm looking for to use in a project, or just to see what the current trends are. But when it comes to actually making a decision about what to buy, I base that on what I need for whichever project I'm working on or have planned for the future and the price. (example: There are some lovely flower models in the marketplace that I would dearly love to have and would use in a heartbeat, but not at $20 EACH). None of the ads ANYWHERE influence my decision. I want to keep the showcase forum. Before they put that in, I avoided the Poser forum like the plague simply because it was wall to wall ads and it was just too annoying to try to wade through and weed them all out. I just plain stopped coming to this forum and went elsewhere for a while until they did start the showcase. If you succeed in getting rid of the showcase forum, I will once again stop reading the Poser forum. Heck, I don't even click on any of the banner ads.

DraX ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 2:07 PM

Kate, you mistake my point.... the real issue is about how useful the Product Showcase forum is and whether or not it serves it's purpose entirely... not saying it needs to be gotten rid of... just that the impression I've gotten from the posts of many non-merchants... the people that buy most of all our products, is that they do not check that forum, or would rather be able to be teased a little bit in this one.

aleks ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 2:10 PM

i use to visit there but i stopped. two reasons: firstly, things come to the store sooner or later anyway ;) secondly, i misjudged the vanity of couple of merchants when i dared to tell them that i'm not satisfyed with this detail or that texture, i got almost flamed. i didn't see why should i continue visiting that forum.

Jaager ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 2:12 PM

Almost never.

FishNose ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 2:25 PM

Definitely. Check it every dsay. :] Fish

igohigh ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 2:27 PM

Unfortunately I only have dial-up, like others who can't afford or too cheap to get or simply live in an area where BB is not availible or still to unstable, I do not have a high-speed connection. For this reason I do find the PS a bit too image intensive for me to really make use of :*( Too often I find it more full of WIPs (and multiple threads of the Same WIP) then being able to browse "Products". On occation I have seen the Same product in WIP posted 2, even 3 threads on the same page - hit "Next" and there's more of the Same product's 'WIPs'.. Any chance of a WIPs Forum and then when the product is ready go to the Product 'Showcase'? For now I find it far easier to just go to the MP and hit "New" and browse the thumbnails, I see more product in a shorter time so I can make my desision and fill my baskett, and still have time to cause problems in the Poser Forum 8p

sirkrite ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 2:28 PM

Now if you really wanted to find out how many poeple check the Product Showcase Forum, you should have put this survey in there. ;) I visit in once in a while. I'm a semi-mechant. :)

Netherworks ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 2:32 PM

There's an idea - A Poser WIP forum as well. And up at the top of the poser forum where the "August Poser Challenge" and so forth - put a link to the Poser WIP (see what people are doing) and the Product Showcase (see what they've done) and then there's some added visibility without putting in the face of those who don't want it.

bknoh ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 2:33 PM

It is the first place I visit everyday. Then the Bryce Forum and then in here. I love to see the new products and the ones being worked on. I used to be a merchant. Diane

SnowSultan ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 2:33 PM

The only time I have ever gone there is when I was selling my one commercial item. I'm much more interested in reading the customer comments on a finished product anyway. Thanks, take care. SnowS

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

Blazerwiccan ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 2:39 PM

I vist the Product Showcase often almost everytime I come to Render, and that is many times a day. I also vist the galleries, Market Place, Merchants area, and Poser Forum often, and at least twice a day the free section lol.

Kalypso ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 2:45 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Well, Renderosity at this point has over 1000 merchants, chances are most of them visit even if it's just to check out the competition :) I think more people visit the Product Showcase Forum than we tend to believe mostly because they don't leave comments. I know I rarely leave comments but check it out often.

Mazak ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 2:47 PM

Yes I visit every day the Product Showcase forum. But sometimes I wish more informations and WIP's in the postings. WIP information is important for me on what product I money spare for :) Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Dizzie ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 2:51 PM

I visit everyday and did before I was a merchant...a WIP forum? NO, we can't subdivide into every idea, then we'd have 100's of forums and we'd never get outta the forums and into the checkout line...:>)

Huolong ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 2:57 PM

Only once every few hours ... not very often ... I can quit Poser any time I want ... really

Gordon

Simderella ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 3:00 PM

all the time, that and here are my 2 main forums!!

My Gallery

3-DArena ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 3:02 PM

nope - very rarely. AS has been stated it's too image intense (although since we are buying another house that is in an area with high speed that won't be an issue). But other than that - I honestly tend to choose what I purchase based off gallery images - mostly by the regular joes as that gives me abetter idea of a product. Or I buy from checking out the what's new section.

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

Lunaseas ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 3:10 PM

I am not a merchant yet, I do visit about once a week just to see what people are doing.

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 3:27 PM

I visit the Showcase every day or two. Not sure what the intent is with the survey. I don't much care for merchants posting their upcoming work in this forum. I thought that's what the Showcase was for. I.e., showcasing your work. As the use of the acronym goes, WIP (related to someone wanted help on a piece of art they are working on) stuff belongs in here. WIP (related to a future marketplace item by a merchant) belongs in the Showcase. Of course, that's just my opinion. Reading the description of the Poser forum, all it says is post Poser-related messages here. I guess that leaves the door pretty wide open for any kind of post so long as you use the word Poser in your message.

brycetech ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 3:30 PM

if they'd post more nude vicky pictures, I'd visit more. lol (kidding) never visit it... BT

spudgrl ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 3:40 PM

I visit at least once a day. I buy here alot and Im allways looking to see whats new. :)

dolfijntjes ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 3:44 PM

Yes go there almost every day

MachineClaw ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 3:53 PM

yes. I visit the product showcase as much as the poser forum.

xoconostle ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 3:58 PM

I check it about twice a week. I find it useful and enjoyable. I enjoy it for info on items both here and elsewhere.

Hanz ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 4:04 PM

Haven't actually ever been there, no... Will go there now, I think, just to check it out. -Hanz

Crescent ( ) posted Sat, 09 August 2003 at 4:16 PM

It's on my daily list of forums to check out, and with completely non-Mod intentions. Cheers!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.