Fri, Sep 20, 10:02 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: Poser Artists!! Whats on your desk?? HeHe

pixelfader ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 1:19 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:56 PM

Attached Link: http://www.pixelfader.com

file_74833.jpg

Well here's a few shots of my desk because i was bored, show me what you have! lol Can you tell it's a graphic artist/web designers desk? lol

pixelfader ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 1:19 PM

file_74834.jpg

And a closeup...

pixelfader ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 1:20 PM

file_74835.jpg

And behind my chair...hehe

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 1:30 PM

LOL...I know that my desk has a couple of ashtrays...cold coffee and tons and tons of tutorials that I print all the time...maybe someday I will get a chance to read them. Sharen

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 2:06 PM

Without even looking, I know what's on my desk is a fluffy orange and white cat keeping my computer's mouse warm. I don't know why that's his favorite sleeping place. But it is.

praxis22 ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 2:17 PM

5 coffee cups, (one holding a "happy Bithday" ballon :) 2 empty coke bottles, some bicuits, a mobile phone, desk fan, many CD's a bag of UTP-serial connectors, many bits of paper and post its, of various dimensions, a dilbert calendar, many kinder surprise toys, todays FT, and an empty leather Dell laptop case :)

Sasha_Maurice ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 2:26 PM

WoW. Those Steve McQueen collector cars are really COOL.

rathsI ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 2:30 PM

a rose a camera my lamp and my kids pictures

Sasha_Maurice ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 2:32 PM

heh, my desk has a box with my credit cards in it and little empty wrappers from nicotine gum all over the place. :)

Dizzie ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 2:52 PM

file_74837.jpg

I never would have thought it was the desk of a graphic artist....a car fanatic maybe....LOL I wouldn't have thought a graphic would be working on a laptop....I can only do get-by stuff on mine. Guess I'm too used to the desktop...:>) My tiny space....:>)

Dizzie ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 2:55 PM

file_74838.jpg

Thank goodness it doesn't look like this!

elgyfu ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 3:01 PM

file_74839.jpg

I have a furby called Wolfie, an Egyptian plate, a skanky brown pot with a face which is full of bits of bears (i used to make miniature teds) and a lot of mess - here is is from the web cam so not to good a pic.

elgyfu ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 3:04 PM

Blimey, I told you it was a poor pic! Still, my Furby wouldn't want to be recognized in the street!

pixelfader ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 3:14 PM

Yea my laptop is what i use at work, i use a pair of desktops at home including one dual processor P3 box and one Athlon XP box for my gaming...:)

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 3:19 PM

No photos, but currently my desk is occupied by:

monitor and speakers
VCR
16 music CDs ("Weird Al" Yankovic, mostly)
VCR remote (yes, I'm lazy enough to use the remote from ten inches away)
a videotape of the animseries Fooley Cooley
A small calico cat sleeping in the slide-out keyboard drawer

JoeyAristophanes ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 3:19 PM

Three newspapers, a room temperature bottle of Pepsi, a book manuscript, a letter from England, too many bills, and two months' worth of dust.

Spit ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 3:36 PM

Boxes of all shapes and sizes filled with backup cds, lamp, tower, monitor, keyboard, mice and two mousepads, ashtray, empty coffee cup, little bits of paper with notes, pad and pen, flashlight, dust rag, graphire, cable box, some software boxes, and cat hair.

Cylithera ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 3:44 PM

I've got a pile of books and stuff beside my keyboard. My mouse, mousepad; Pinhead action figure; Link action figure; Spawn 10th Anniv. figure; tons of Homes; Neo in the Chateau figure; M&M cup full of pencils and pens. And my desk is way too small for any of this stuff. g Hehe. Don't really have a digital camera to take a picture of my desk. ;D Oh yeah. And a cat on my monitor (real one, mind you g)

Cylithera ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 3:44 PM

Er. Homies, not Homes. -_-

majesticartist ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 3:51 PM

file_74840.jpg

well alrighty then,here's mine and yes,just dusted it to show in the pic...lol on the left,my scanner,superdisk drive and numerous burnt cd's to be put away,my tower,and on top of that is my cd burner and friend..then we have my monitor n keyboard,on top of monitor is 1 of my speakers and my wireless remote for my cable router thats upstairs...on the right is my other speaker and my printer along with numerous stuffed animals that the kids have given me,my desk lamp and my bottle of water,ashtray and smokes. sorry abot the glare on my monitor.its from my living room window behind me... and we're John Wayne collectors...:) Hey...this is fun! LOL Nancy

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 3:55 PM

file_74841.jpg

sorry..I have a picture cam on a short leash, so this is all that fits..;) I had to give up my Poser 4 machine, so I'll have to unload 3 and put 4 on the work machine, if there's a way to get rid of the n$de models

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

compiler ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 4:05 PM

file_74842.jpg

I hate to leave my keyboard, even for a few seconds... ;)

pixelfader ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 4:11 PM

file_74843.jpg

One more side to my desk i didn't show...my greg horn art side....enjoy! lol

Tempus Fugit ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 4:59 PM

Attached Link: http://www.brickhousedigital.com

file_74844.jpg

Here's my mess!

Caly ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 5:27 PM

file_74845.jpg

Below is what my desk used to look like. :D Those were my web graphics design freelance days. My darling Lutino Cockatiel decided to pull the keys out of my G3 laptop. And the 2 kitties teethed on the laptop's powercord. I managed to mostly get the keys back in... and had to buy a new powercord. The laptop doesn't work so well now. *sniff* I used to use Poser on it too! So I use an old G4 desktop... I need a new computer. :D

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 5:30 PM

Okay, where is my camera....Sharen

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 5:44 PM

file_74846.jpg

here we go....this is a good day...and I like this...Sharen

ChromeTiger ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 6:05 PM

No pics at present, but working from left to right: My big electronic stuffed Pikachu (PIKA PIKA!) 1 spindle of 'vinyl' CD-R discs (look like 45's) My Evil Ernie psychotic Smiley pin 1 canister liquid butane (to refill my lighter) Space for my pack o' smokes & lighter Sharpies (for labeling CD's) toothbrush (for cleaning my optical trackball) Silicon Graphics 21" monitor tube of Super Glue (never know when you'll need it) 64MB USB pen drive pen for my Wacom Graphire 2 small desk lamp Under the monitor platform: Front pair of speakers (Logitech 5-speaker set, forget the model) docking cradle for my Dell Axim Several empty cans of Vanilla Pepsi Logitech Multimedia keyboard MS Trackball Explorer Continuing to the right: Second Silicon Graphics 21" monitor Network Anywhere Cable/DSL Router & 4-port Switch (top of monitor) Cable Modem Ricoh IS-420 11x17 Flatbed Scanner SummaSketch II Professional Plus CAD tablet (On top of scanner) my currently watching DVD collection (on top of tablet) Tektronix Phaser 740L Color Laser Printer right rear speaker Under the continued section: P4 1.7GHz tower system (my main system) P3 1GHz tower system (File backups and secondary system, good for tailoring clothing items while still posing on main system) Keyboard/mouse for secondary system Wacom Graphire2 tablet APC Network-controlled power distribution center (basically a power strip I can switch the outlets on/off via the network) Silicon Graphics Onyx Deskside Server with InfiniteReality graphics engine Under my primary keyboard/trackball: Subwoofer for speaker setup OneAC Line Conditioner Nova Power Solutions OnGuard rackmount UPS Plextor PlexWriter external 8/2/20 CD Burner That descriptive enough? :-) I'll try to post a pic if I can get one of my digital cameras working... CT

ChromeTiger ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 6:11 PM

Almost forgot: mounted under the monitor platform with velcro is my 4-port USB Hub, useful for plugging in the Graphire or the pen drive, or one of my digital cameras for downloading pictures...

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 7:14 PM

Some of those desks are entirely too clean .... shame, shame, shame. Personally, mine looks more like #11 there. 8-)

blue2000 ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 7:41 PM

file_74847.jpg

Tidy at the moment pity bout the quality

mathman ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 7:43 PM

I have a pet rock, a cup of cold coffee, a sidewinder game controller, a Wacom graphics tablet, all of my Poser backups on CD. Also a pile of textbooks for Poser, Flash, Bryce etc. I used to have a teddy bear, but it/he/she got relegated to the bedroom.

BillyGoat ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 7:44 PM

Where are all your 'ornaments'? I have wall to wall cubes with doors on top for desktops. A bulletin board with old beatles pix & laurel & hardy. A boom box and Tv... Who's your boss? You need little a little bric-brac (am I old or what?). At least your POD at e-on render framed. Mike has the right idea - his area looks happy. Don't make me send the junk police to your house.

ScottA ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 7:49 PM

You mean I'm supposed to use a desk? I command the pixels on my PC from my couch. With my feet up. The 60" T.V. is on my left. The computer monitor is on my right. I build all my models with the mouse (and my backside)rolling around on a couch cushion. Desks!?................................blech! -ScottA

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 8:02 PM

file_74848.jpg

The left half. Where I keep my beverages and coffee cup (that's the blue thing under the chinese take-out menu) and M&M's dispenser (for those late night chocolate attacks)

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 8:04 PM

file_74849.jpg

The right half, where I keep the pencil sharpener, basket full of stuff to be filed that never gets filed and another M&M's dispenser just in case the other one gets empty.

Lyrra ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 8:16 PM

Well I have no camera ... My desk is a replica console table in black lacquer-work with handpainted pictures and gilt trim. Yes, with a built in keyboard tray. Mostly towers and towers of CD's on the surface next to my 19" monitor, but also my cellphone and my big handblown green glass cup of Coke. Also my cablemode, router, hub and digital switch. On top of the monitor is a stack of unpaid bills wince, a stone herring, a glass banana, a tintype of some ancestor, a red &black leopard print beanie lizard, and an antisuw Indian vase filled with peacock feathers that stands about 5 feet tall. The scanner is lurking to the side on top of one of my two other systems. There are cables everywhere. The wall is plain and white and I have my reference bookcases to either side. Behind me is the rest of my art studio, including painting drawing and sculpting supplies. I also have a fridge...very handy :)

Dave-So ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 8:18 PM

you guys are all pretty much neat freaks :) wait

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

Barryw ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 8:22 PM

file_74850.jpg

Too much crap!!

Rock_Bottom ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 8:40 PM

Hey Pixelfader... Very nice Desktop. One question though. Where did you get the little Revel Bullitt cares. Those look real kool. Rock Bottom

davidgibson ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 8:43 PM

Junk, lots and lots!!!!!!!!!

Lunaseas ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 8:54 PM

file_74851.jpg

Well ok I admit it...I tidied up before the pic.

Dave-So ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 8:56 PM

file_74852.jpg

well...I cleaned up a bit

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

hauksdottir ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 9:34 PM

file_74853.jpg

It would be cheating to show you my desk right now. I had to connect a printer from my dead DOS box to this Win98 box... which meant taking the books off the printer so that paper could come out and taking the books and CDs from in front of the printer so that I could move it forward enough to see if there was anything but a SCZI connector back there. So I decided to dust while at it. :) The Mac just got a replacement hard drive (I'm still moving stuff between the one with bad media and the spiffy new drive) so its area is a bit too clean right now as well. There are innumerable beasts and parts of beasts in this room and a fabric of yellow sticky notes holding everything together. References top every flat surface as a rule. Lest you think I'm a neatnik based upon an image of a machine in splendid tidiness, I'll post an image of me working which was acccidently snapped by the little pencam a few weeks ago. I work under watchful eyes... although I'm not sure if the swords at my back are really an aid to productivity! Carolly

igohigh ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 10:01 PM

No pics here either (folks to the new digicam on the road): Hanging over the desk is a garland string of skulls and bones. On the middle shelf above the monitor is a 1'tall demon sticking his tongue out on one side and an animatronic Reaper who plays his violen so sweet. (they are garding my LOTR CD collection) The shelf on the left has an animatronic Godzilla (new version) and a collection of art books I like to look through (I said "art books" not Playboys OK!). Above that shelf is a shelf with pics of my daughters and grand daughter. The shelf to the right houses a bunch of tech books (Microsoft, UNIX, BSD, Linux, and various program manuals like Poser's). The main desk of course has the 19"monitor and keyboard; to the left is my Lava Lamp (aaaaaah, sooothing) and a life sized Vampire skull oozing goo from it's one still remaining eyeball. To the right is a stack of CD (don't know why, they should go some where but I'm not sure where?) and of course, an ash tray. Lower Left shelf houses "the Box". Middle lower pull out has my Tablet, I really should spend more time with... Right lower is a bunch of printer paper and more techie books...oh, and more darn CDs; now where do these go?! Behind my hangs my hammock and behind that sits Godzilla's room, who has just gone to bed. Blue Skies!

igohigh ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 10:03 PM

My walls? Well, we won't discuss my walls. Wouldn't want to give everyone nightmares..

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 10:04 PM

Carolly, is that Gandalf in the poster behind you?

Why shouldn't speech be free? Very little of it is worth anything.

brynna ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 10:12 PM

No digital camera... drat... Let's see, assorted plates that need taken to the kitchen, a couple of forks, soda cans, two empty glasses that haven't reached the growth stage yet, bills stuffed into odd slots, cable modem and router piled on top of each other because I don't want to budge an inch if anything needs reset, and listing to the right cause when I pulled 'em down to reset 'em the first time they landed on some bills... never mind the assorted crumbs (see plates above) that need shaken out of the keyboard periodically... tower down below with several cd spindles, printer at my feet, surround sound top shelf, etc. Messy enough? :) Brynna

Brynna

"Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is almost always that somebody screwed up." - House

Dell Desktop XPS 8940 i9,  two 14 tb External drives, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, NVidia RTX 3060 12 GB DDR5.

Monitor - My 50 inch Hitachi TV. Works great!

Daz Studio - whatever the latest version is. Haven't decided if I'm upgrading to Poser 13 or not.

Photoshop.

I'm creating a Steampunk Tarot Deck. There's an older version in my Gallery, then a newer version.

Sydney_Andrews ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 11:37 PM

file_74854.jpg

Found an old one from last year. What a mess!

rain ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 12:05 AM

file_74855.jpg

Here's mine. It's a mess too! Maybe this'll shame me in to cleaning it up ;-)

leather-guy ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 12:09 AM

file_74857.jpg

Reorganized weekly, but never tidy.....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.