Thu, Sep 19, 3:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 2:39 pm)

Subject: M3 SR1 - Correcting the Record

xoconostle ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 7:44 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 8:49 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_78232.jpg

In an earlier post, I complained, along with others, that the M3 SR1 and body morphs were causing more problems than I had before installing them. wdupre's commnet that he hasn't had problems intrigued me, so I got over my frustration and spent more time working with the figure. Frankly, I've had trouble replicating the problems I'd experienced at first. Although I'd said I was sure that I wasn't doing anything wrong, I'm no longer certain. I'm not too proud to avoid admitting that I may have erred in stating my complaints, and offer apologies to DAZ if I did. My purpose in starting a new thread is partially to say some positive things about the updates, and partially to solicit specifics about issues that some people are having so that we as a community can hopefully gain some clarity, and maybe even help DAZ to understand what we're talking about.

This image show M3/SR1 with the "Musucular 3" body morph set to 1.0. Looks just fine to me. I don't know what I was doing that caused this setting to make M3 have angular distortions before, but I'll get to a related issue a few posts down.

xoconostle ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 7:46 PM

file_78233.jpg

Here's M3/SR1 with the Chest tilted 30 degrees to the side. DAZ said they'd fix the problem that some postures were causing when the chest area was bent before, and they did fix the problem. This looks so much better than it would have before!

xoconostle ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 7:49 PM

file_78234.jpg

DAZ said they'd fix the problem at the armpits when the arms were at the figure's sides, and they did.

xoconostle ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 7:54 PM

file_78235.jpg

Now here's something I could use some help understanding. Here, I'd set the Left Collar "pMuscular3" morph to 1.0. Not a pretty picture, but I wonder if the error is mine? Are the "p" morphs sort of like the "pbm" morphs on M2? That is, auxillary morphs that compliment primary morphs, and probably should only be used very subtly, if at all? I don't remember this happening before installing the updates, but can't be certain. Any help from those who know for sure would be appreciated. Thank you to DAZ staff for addressing the issues which have clearly been fixed. Dean

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 8:20 PM

I think the p is the same as the pbm but I would do those only from the Body or you will get weirdness, especially with the big morphs like that. I have found you can use the stocky morph only on the hands and that works well but it also doesn't make a huge size difference in that part of the body .. if you did it on the hips it would probably look odd. Hope that helps

dcasey0284 ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 8:35 PM

I notice on the M3 Base page there is an update dated 9/30 but there is no update on the M3(M1-M2 Upgrade) page. Does this mean there is no update for the M1-M2 Upgrade? I'm confused (not that that is unusual).

SnowSultan ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 8:36 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_78236.jpg

I just installed the updates and this is what I get. Muscular 3 Body morph set to 1.000 and the left arm and leg don't get adjusted. Xoconostle, you happen to know what you did to get it working right? ;) I'm using Poser 4.03, updates from Mike product page applied to a pre-update Mike 3 (could that be the problem?). Thanks. SnowS

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

xoconostle ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 9:03 PM

dcasey, you can safely ignore the fact that SR1 isn't on the M2-to-M3 update page. There's not a separate Service Release for the upgrade. Just use the one on the main base mesh page. SnowS, your render shows exactly what was happening to my M3 earlier today. I suspect that what you suspect is right on target. :-) I think that if you use the updated body morphs in conjunction with M3/SR1, you'll see those ugly angles go away. Maybe I'd been doing the opposite without realizing it somehow. That is, I was using SR1 without the updated body morphs. I was using a version of M3/SR1 that I'd saved to my Figures library which I thought was loaded with the updated body morphs, but which I now suspect was one I'd saved earlier, prior to installing the updated morphs. (xoconostle slaps his own forehad. Hard.) :-) Please let us know if that fixes the problem, it'll probably help others to know. Best of luck to ya! I'm using P4/PP, although I don't think that the version of Poser is an issue.

DraX ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 9:06 PM

SnowS, make sure that you downloaded and installed the updates from both the M3 Base page and the bodymorph page. Then, load the Michael 3 SR-1 figure, not the Michael 3 figure. when you inject the bodymorphs, they will worki properly.

xoconostle ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 9:09 PM

SnowS, what I meant is that you should use ONLY the SR1 M3, now. Delete the .rsr for the pre-updated M3 from your library. Please see the original thread about all this. Tony from DAZ posted a very thorough explanation which has some specific info for users of P4 without ProPack.

SnowSultan ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 9:27 PM

Thanks for the quick replies, I appreciate it. I won't have a chance to try it until probably the day after tomorrow (we're moving tomorrow), but I'll let you know if it works. :) I did inject the updated body morphs into the Mike SR-1 figure in that example though...maybe I should just to re-download one of the 500 Michaels in my DAZ account page and start all over. ;) Thanks, talk to you soon. SnowS

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

dcasey0284 ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 9:34 PM

Thanks for the info!

Melmoth ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 10:05 PM

Hi guys, Thanks for posting the link to the older Michael 3 SR1 thread. I didn't see this one when I started posting on that thread. I hope it isn't too much trouble to go there to look for the explanation of what the M3 SR1 fixes and what files it includes. It's a fairly long post and I've added some additional posts per Cherokee69's requests about the "shoulder issues" he is having. Xoconostle, The "p" is our new way of stating "PBM", just as GhostofMacbeth suggested. It takes less space in the morph name and so makes it easier to tell just what morphs are loaded onto and affect each body group. When Muscular 3 is set to 1 on just that group or any one group it is indeed "not a pretty picture", just as you said. SnowSultan, In the post I made explaining the M3 SR1 a solution to your problem is laid out. But to paraphrase... after you install the M3 Base update, go to your "Runtime:Geometries:DAZPeople" directory and delete the "blMilMan_m3.rsr" file and your problem should be solved. Okay, I'm off to my home now. Have a great night all. I'll check back to these 2 threads in the morning. Tony "Melmoth" Bradt Content Production Coordinator DAZ Productions

lhiannan ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 10:10 PM

What I'm about to say is speculation, but I think it's true... For those confused about updating M3 w/o updating the body morphs pak, think about this: The M3 Update updates the BASE... Daz said there was some non-symmetry between M3's arms and I would believe the update fixed this in the geometry. So, that would lead me to believe that with NEW geometry, you need some new (ie, fixed) morph targets to move your new geometry around, hence the need for the Body Morphs update.

Berserga ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2003 at 11:01 PM

Bingo.

SnowSultan ( ) posted Wed, 01 October 2003 at 12:05 AM

Thanks Tony, deleting the RSR in the Geometries folder fixed the problem. I didn't immediately picture the RSR in the Geometries folder, I'm used to RSRs in my Library folders instead. :) Thanks to you too xoconostle, it would have taken me a while even to notice this problem if you hadn't pointed it out. Now I can move with one less thing to worry about. ;) SnowS

AkoSteve ( ) posted Wed, 01 October 2003 at 12:28 AM

I had the same problem when I installed the update to my Poser 4 Runtime. I had previously put the morphs in my Poser 5 runtime too. Even though I was injecting the morphs from my Poser 4 folder I got that odd affect. When I went ahead and updated my Poser 5 Runtime it worked fine. I'm not sure what happened but there is probably an explanation for it.

Caly ( ) posted Wed, 01 October 2003 at 10:23 AM

Glad to see things working out. :)

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.