Sat, Sep 21, 8:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Morph problem - please help

Himico ( ) posted Thu, 27 November 2003 at 5:46 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:38 AM

file_86047.jpg

I was trying to create a head morph target of Vicky3 in Zbrush. For a simple test, I just modified the eye angle of Vicky3. Then put it back to poser, and applied the Vicky3 high resolution texture on her. I followed a DAZ tutorial Creating Morph Target in Zbrush by Glen Southern. The head is almost black in strong lighting as shown in the picture. I looked at Material room. The head texture was applied on her.

What am I missing? Any idea what I should do to solve this problem?
Thank you.

maclean ( ) posted Thu, 27 November 2003 at 6:06 PM

Well, I've never used Zbrush to make morphs, but no morph should do this. How did you apply the morph? The usual import morph target dialog? Vicki has a separate head material, right? Try looking at that material in Surface Materials. Check that the Object Color is white and the Highlight/Ambient colors are black or dark, not anything weird, like bright red. I don't know how a morph would do this, but it looks as though the colors have somehow been changed. mac

Himico ( ) posted Thu, 27 November 2003 at 6:28 PM

file_86048.jpg

Thank you maclean,

I checked the material. The object color was white and the Highlight/Ambient colors were black.

I tried flip normal
It improved as is shown in picture2-A for some lighting condition.
For most lighting conditions, it was like Fig2.B.

Thank you.

maclean ( ) posted Thu, 27 November 2003 at 6:40 PM

'I tried flip normal' I'm a bit confused here. Are you using the import dialog for objects? You should be selecting the figure's head, clicking on properties (ctrl-i) and clicking 'Add morph target', then selecting your morph. Is that what you're doing? mac

Himico ( ) posted Thu, 27 November 2003 at 6:53 PM

Yes, it was what I was doing.

Second one, I tried importing the object, and exporting it.
This was just to try flip normal.
After that I did same way as I did in the above one to make morph.

maclean ( ) posted Thu, 27 November 2003 at 7:01 PM

Ah, now I see. Well, I'm really puzzled. The normals have no effect on morphs. They'll change imports, but not morphs. All a morph target does is tell poser what new position to move the geometry to when you turn the dial. I can't understand this at all. Let's try this a step at a time. You exported the head first. Then you morphed it in Zbrush. Then you added that as a morph target. Correct? If that's what you did, I can't see what went wrong. Sorry, but I'm baffled. Does the morph work OK? Is it just the color that's wrong? mac

Himico ( ) posted Thu, 27 November 2003 at 7:24 PM

Yes, that is what I did.

I am not sure that the morph is working OK. When I adjusted the morph dial to 1, it seems working OK. But the face is narrow if the dial value is less than 1, and wide if the dial value is larger than 1. I only modified the eyes when creating the morph target. I did not change the shape of the head.
Is this normal?

maclean ( ) posted Thu, 27 November 2003 at 7:31 PM

Vicki's head is made up of the head, neck, left eye and right eye. Did you export the head only, with no eyes, neck or any other body part? mac

Himico ( ) posted Thu, 27 November 2003 at 7:40 PM

I exported head only.
I am sorry. I modified the eye lids to make a slant shape. I did not modify the eyes. The eyes were not exported.

maclean ( ) posted Thu, 27 November 2003 at 7:56 PM

OK. Then I'm sorry, but I have no idea what the problem is. It may be a Zbrush thing I know nothing about. Isn't there a Zbrush forum here? Or on their own site. It might be worth asking other users. mac

Himico ( ) posted Thu, 27 November 2003 at 8:00 PM

Thank you very much for your kind helps.
I will ask at a Zbrush forum.

Thanks again.
Happy Thanksgiving to you.

Himico

maclean ( ) posted Thu, 27 November 2003 at 8:03 PM

Maybe this new title will bring someone in here. mac

catlin_mc ( ) posted Thu, 27 November 2003 at 8:50 PM

I had a problem like this in the face room once. It was a while back when I was more of a novice than I am now. I was simply adjusting bits and pieces in there when suddenly the head turned black. I tried replacing the black with head textures but it stayed black. I've got no idea to help you 'cos I ended up scrapping it and starting again. So if anyone finds a cure for this I'll be anxious to here it, just in case it happens again. 8) Catlin

martindj ( ) posted Thu, 27 November 2003 at 11:20 PM

I seem to recall there was a bug in the latest ZBrush which switched the vertices between left and right. The easiest correction was to reimport the morph object into ZBrush, and save out again (without making further changes). I don't know how this would affect textures, but it's worth a try.

Himico ( ) posted Fri, 28 November 2003 at 1:07 AM

I tried what martindj suggested. It works !
I spent many hours for this problem.

Thank you very much.
Himico

ringbearer ( ) posted Fri, 28 November 2003 at 7:01 AM

Attached Link: http://www.pixolator.com/zbc-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=009969

Pixolator posted a flip script on ZBrush Central so you don't have to export twice. Here's the link, the script is near the bottom of the first page. Arleen

There are a lot of things worse than dying, being afraid all the time would be one.

My Gallery

maclean ( ) posted Fri, 28 November 2003 at 2:54 PM

So, it was a Zbrush problem. Good. I thought I was beginning to lose it. LOL At least you got it fixed. mac

Himico ( ) posted Fri, 28 November 2003 at 9:19 PM

Thank you Arleen, I will get it.

Yes, it was a Zbrush problem.
Probably it was working for the old version, when Glen wrote the tutorial.
I hope that they will fix it, or Glen can mention it in his tutorial.

Anyway I am happy now.
Thank you very much.
Himico

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.