Sat, Oct 5, 12:45 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 11:52 am)

Subject: WIP: DOAnimEyes 3.0

Riddokun ( ) posted Sun, 28 December 2003 at 6:58 AM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 12:42 PM

Attached Link: http://jjdelpy.free.fr

file_90860.jpg

Well, only a couple of people might be interested, but I still work on a new version of my eyes (in fact i am working on two versions at same time, but chtttt, it's a seret :). Though i remained silent (who said "DEAD !") for along time (busy, real life, job, earning my food and lodging, playing with animedoll ...) I finally managed yesterday to bypass a problem i had in my new eyes layer system. I stil have problems though and try to solve them. So far anyway the Iris is now satisfactory, or at least a bit improved compared to latest version (2.0 for mayadoll), i may add a small detail pattern too but given the troubles i have with my layer system regarding color tone (compared to later doaeyes that were rather more versatile on color choice) i may give up the idea. So far it is nearly finish, I still test the layer system regarding color tone, and now the biggest job will start: compositing a 2000x2000 texture to include, i hope, all layers for all irises and maybe eyeball shades) for the following characters: P4 woman Victoria 2 + all millenium teens Stephanie and Mike 2 (request from kayarnad :) Victoria 3 (will need a separate eyewhite texture) maybe Judy (p5 woman) and with this, I will need to make hundreds of MAT files for each character for each color tone (help requested: if someone can explain me how to make automatised file name/content creation with open office using a small database table... just tell me please). Mayadoll will have a separate release, like always, and will also have a special version of my eyes that will take full advantage of Mayadoll special eyeprops ! (believe me they are good). Again i put back my request: if someone is nice enough to model for me a very single eye smartprop with a few key features i would tell him/her, and agree to make it free, it would ease considerably my pain :). I planned to make a version of my eyes for the excellent "black hearted" eyes (commercial item), but i would miss on them one key feature of mayadoll eyeprop.. I guess i would like to take best of both worlds :). Thanx for listening my babbling and such... have nice xmas holidays...

kayarnad ( ) posted Mon, 29 December 2003 at 10:45 PM

xmas too!! well, those are definately different eyes, kind of hard to get used to when you've been using the regular doaeyes for as long as I've been doing it... but they certainly look good... I would also wait for an eyeprop before you start making hundreds of mat files... why don't you start posting your requirements and then we'll see who could do it... keep up the good work... I hope stephanie 3.0 shares the eye texture of v3 and M3... I'll let you know as soon as I have it.

Riddokun ( ) posted Tue, 30 December 2003 at 10:15 AM

well i don't know.. they may look differrent, but from my poin of view i can tell i made them relatively the same way, with a couple of fixes and improvements, but the roots of them are still the same... strange then that you think they look different... (anyway i may make a repost/modification of the old ones) for stepanie 3 and mike 3 i dunno, i only figured out the MAT for v3... btw where can i find a template AND material list for each and every figures ?

kayarnad ( ) posted Tue, 30 December 2003 at 7:47 PM

file_90861.jpg

hmm, not sure about that list.. you're talking about "LIris, Lcornea", etc?? I was now thinking that doing smart props for the eyes would be tricky, because not all models height is the same... I tried it the other day, but the best I can get is a simple ball textured with one of your eyes, but I don't know how to make separate corneas, irises, pupils, etc... well, your eyes do work for M3, remember I posted a pic way back? and I just realized that S3 shares the unimesh thingy, so V3 eyes should fit her, I'll try this later and let you know. and what I meant about your new eyes, is that I kind of like the "fantastic" look a little better... actually I've found myself using more and more lately you old DOAeyes, the one for the p4 female and V2... I still use your maya doaeyes for my more important characters, but there's something about the simplicity of those old eyes that still attracts me more... the iris in your new eyes is awesome, I wouldn't change that a bit, but maybe I'd exaggerate a bit on the reflection, they look too diluted on the iris... then again, probably that's what you're aiming for, and probably you'll get more people into your eyes because they do look more realistic now, but all I'm saying is that I'd like to see them evolving into a more fantastic type of eyes rather than a realistic type of eyes... but then that's just me talking... here's a pic I did trying to revive posette, and of course, as with all my characters, I'm using the doanimeyes on them (somehow, doaeyes is shorter:)... well, let's keep in touch through this thread, as apparently it became a back room now.

Riddokun ( ) posted Tue, 30 December 2003 at 8:06 PM

in fact i did not intended to make photorealistic eyes as i am not able too... But i stil wanted to add a bit depth/detail on teh iris though, and also correct somethings i made... For the reflections, well i am studying p4f and millenium figure's materials to use it at my advantage, but i wont paint the fake reflection anymore directly on eye texture itself. I'll use a trick. Also yes reflection was a bit diluted because i used Poser 4 material room to change highlight, but usually you can set it as you want, put your own reflection map and so on... When i started DOAnimEyes i wanted to make something that was close to fantasy computer CG animations of games such as Dead or Alive (and realtime 3d ingame engines as well), so they are not intended to me realistic, but not either to be too simple, anyway i may make a second brand (bishoujo eyes) with very simple details, and exxagerated caracteristic reflections, much like what you find in soe japanese 2d/still video games and anime or mangas (think of for example urushiara's kind in games like langrisser) In fact a smart prop is not too difficult regarding variety of figur,s all you need to do is a morph or a pose file to put them at the good place for each (blackhearted and rio did this fortheir blackheared eyes...) Blackhearted eyes did show a nice simple yet very clever idea: a first sphere with concave shape in the area of iris, to add depth, an another sphere slightly bigger to cover the whole eyeball sphere, so you can add highlights, reflectiosn and the like. The results are.. well look at the promo pics of his products :) But for lamers like me who cannot make morphs, i could not use them as i wanted... May's smartprop for mayadoll eyes were clever too. The iris area is flat (not concave, but it is stl like that), but dissapointingly, this flat area is narrower/smaller than actual mayadoll eye iris textures, that in fact are placed on the second sphere surrounding the eyeball. and there is a THIRD sphere too. The uses of both additionnal spheres can lead to interesting combinations, i am working on a very complex (for a lame newbie textue maker like me i mean) morphless (would need one or too but cannot do it) thing, that can allow change of color of eyes within material room, shape/size of pupils to choose among a few predefinite, and then reflection map and/or highlight and/or custom texture for fake reflection all over it... Now what i would need was best of both world, i mean i would like someone to be able to make me (or teach me how to do, preferably with a free 3d modeling program) a iris morph for mayadoll's first sphere (flat iris one) to enlarge it a bit (to match usual mayadoll eye's size), make it concave or stay flat, and another morph on the first additionnnal sphere to enlarge the very center (where pupil is supposed to be), or to model me a smartprop like this. i am not odeller and right now cannot afford time to learn, but i try to improve my textures and cheat/tweak what i cannot do with morphs using textures. Right now i have 4 projects regarding eyes, 2 for mayadolls, one for all and one for millenium figures... (and thousands of MAT FILES to make with it :) --- regarding Mike 3, so you say the mat files for my v3 eyes work ? what i mean is a seamguide/wire like template of each figure's eyes, with colors and name of "materials" of them. I dont know about steph 3 but i do not need to buy the character at all, all i need is a templat/seamguide with material, for any figures, and i can make eyes for them (no, not EVE, eve users sorry, i cannot help you :)

kayarnad ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 3:19 AM

file_90862.jpg

oh, i get it... well, I know I've seen M2 and stephanie seam guides here at 'rosity, and you know their seam guides are almost identical... I'm sure you have the v1/v2 seamguides already, and probably you have v3 seamguide (I would be sure all of them are right here on this website)... I don't know if someone made a seamguide for mayadoll, but with M3 and S3, you don't really need a seam guide unless you wanna be perfectly precise (you saw my results in my other thread, the regular V3 doaeyes mat work perfectly)... and about the eye prop, well, I guess that's still out of my league... I can't say I can work on that now because I have been very busy making more pages for my graphic novel (see the page here, always using your doayes :)... this time it was on a Vicky lowres)... but if someone else is checking this thread, hopefully we can get someone to do it at some point...

kayarnad ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 3:24 AM

file_90863.jpg

I forgot, probably you never saw this pic either... doaeyes on sara, aiko and kaedeko

Riddokun ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 10:34 AM

hmm yes i saw the pic already :) well it is not only the seamguide/texture mapping i need, but also the real areas (and names )of the materials... i dont have v3, nope, a friend supplied me with a seamguide and the material names when ineeded it... i had to make the v3 eyes in blindfold because i could not test them. (the thumbnails are an hint bout that: they are not really rendered :) v3 seems to share same areas and names as m3 and steph.. that is a good thing. i just need to checl out for mike and stephanie then. For mayadoll believe me i can humbly say i now "master" the topic of the structure of her eyes :) (or at least i have a deent knowledge of how they are made and they work) about your comic page picture anyway: the breasts seems too big and unnatural and they drop too far below i guess... but it is a matter of taste... it just seems odd :(

kayarnad ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 7:29 PM

heh, I know her breasts are an exageration, but I wanted it that way... this character is supposed to be an excess of everything... and yeah, breasts that big should drop like mad, but hey, this is fantasy, gravity laws work differently in my comic :) so all you need are the names of the eye texture?? i can help ya with that... and yes, V3, M3 and S3 have the same eye part names... I wild guess it's the same with Mike and steph 1 (actually, why people keep calling stephanie petite as S3... there was no S2, so that's weird!).... so I'll get the name for ya and post them here incidentally, the girl driving the car is the same model as the one in the "lover's motel" above her... no one has cared enough to notice so far, heh.

Riddokun ( ) posted Thu, 01 January 2004 at 7:39 PM

no not the name of the textures, i need to know for exampel that the small polygon part of the pupil include this and this polygon on the uvmapping, and that it is called Pupil or pupils or pupil on poser material room for example, that the eyewhite starts at this spot and til this one and is called Eyewhites and such (material names in poser are case sensitive. so Pupil or Iris is not the same as pupl or iris :)

kayarnad ( ) posted Sun, 04 January 2004 at 8:15 PM

ok, I see what you mean... I thought you were asking for the materials name... I don't think i have that much knowledge as to know polygon positioning on uvmapper, so I'm afraid I can't help with that... but if you do need the material names (Leye, Reye, Eyewhite) etc, please just let me know.

Riddokun ( ) posted Mon, 05 January 2004 at 11:12 AM

in fact it included also material names, but i need to see on a texture map where they fall (i mean each material name area)

sandmarine ( ) posted Wed, 14 January 2004 at 12:25 AM

i know what you need now, but sadly I don't have that (gosh, i had completely forgotten this back room)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.