Sun, Sep 22, 3:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Too much freebies

PerryMcK ( ) posted Fri, 30 January 2004 at 10:39 AM

Opinion: Imports from other forms constitute the mixed media designation:}

rickymaveety ( ) posted Fri, 30 January 2004 at 1:39 PM

Bazze ... part of the problem is the way your first post was worded. You said that even if it was "great" you would not vote for "A". I can see that if you have two images that are just "nice renders" and one is otherwise more creative than the other, or shows more modeling skill than the other, that additional creativity and skill should get B the vote over A. But if A were a "great" image ... then I personally think that there has to be some reason it would be considered great ... whether it's the lighting or the composition ... and whatever makes it great should be judged on it's own merits and not be brought down by the fact that it's 95% freebies. The jumping off point for most people, including me, was that statement ... not being twisted in the least. You said you would not vote for a great image that was mostly freebies. I understand that this is your personal opinion, but you asked for people's comments, and as noted above, it strikes me as a very bad way to go about judging a piece of work.

Could be worse, could be raining.

Zhann ( ) posted Fri, 30 January 2004 at 5:27 PM

Bazze, it occurred to me, that by you expressing your opinion on the use of freebies/presents (and that would include models, mats, textures, sets, props, skies, terrains, or anything not specifically yours), that should 'you' -ever- need to use them in an image, by your own standards, that image could never be considered a 'great' or 'excellent' image, but only so-so...

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

RubiconDigital ( ) posted Fri, 30 January 2004 at 6:15 PM

Your twisting and exaggerating what I say. Spare me the worn clich and the poor metaphors. And spare me the phoney purism. And that shoud be you're, by the way.

burgi ( ) posted Fri, 30 January 2004 at 6:28 PM

Can we move on now please? I think we have given bazze enough roasting now. And we also now know not to trust his judgement on art. John

RubiconDigital ( ) posted Fri, 30 January 2004 at 6:49 PM

:) I'm bowing out of this now, as yes, there isn't much point in continuing what seems to have become rather pointless.

rickymaveety ( ) posted Fri, 30 January 2004 at 6:50 PM

I suppose ... although I would love to know how anyone here twisted what bazze said ... which was "when I see a contribution that consist mostly of freebies and presents then I don't vote for it (even if it might be great)." So, he doesn't vote for it even though it's great. That's a crummy way to judge something, and that is most certainly not "twisting" or "exaggerating" what he said. It's a direct quote. But, you are right, John, we do know that he should not be a judge of CG artwork.

burgi ( ) posted Fri, 30 January 2004 at 6:56 PM

Finally i got sommat right!!!!!!!! John

phenom01 ( ) posted Fri, 30 January 2004 at 7:08 PM

Bazze you know you're onto to something when those against you can only foment and/or spew animus. Keep on modeling.

rickymaveety ( ) posted Fri, 30 January 2004 at 8:38 PM

Oh, definitely ... keep on modeling, but please don't judge other people's work so narrow mindedly.

Zhann ( ) posted Fri, 30 January 2004 at 10:18 PM

Geez, I don't remember any 'foment and/or spewing animus', in this thread...;] Anyone else?

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

burgi ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2004 at 10:03 AM

well i certainly didnt, ive been very clean in that respect. John

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sun, 01 February 2004 at 4:28 AM

I take it from what Sambucus said earlier that I am among those he suggests were giving Bazze a hard time, but I don't think I was, he asked for opinions and I gave him mine. I do agree that images that are loaded with oodles of freebies can sometimes be terrible, but that depends on who's hands and mind are creating the image. If an image stands out as a great piece of artwork, even if it does contain some freebies, then it is still a great piece of artwork and should be given the recognition it deserves. If anything I said was offensive Bazze please accept my apologies and know that I did not intend to offend. Happy rendering 8) Catlin

bazze ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2004 at 1:46 AM

Hi everybody. Don't worry - I'm not at all offended and I hope that I didn't offend anybody by my blunt ways of expressing myself. At least lets agree that we sometimes disagree :)

www.colacola.se

catlin_mc ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2004 at 8:39 PM

Bazze, we always disagree, but that adds to the excitement of the place. 8)

AgentSmith ( ) posted Tue, 03 February 2004 at 12:15 AM

Lol, enough excitement for one day. Locked to keep the innocent that way. ;o) AgentSmith

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.