Sun, Sep 22, 3:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Re: Explain it to us Edgenet!! (part 2)

twoblade ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 12:35 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 3:33 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains violence

Ok. SO I started a thread so others could just continue their rantings. But one person I must comment to. SCOTTA. You friend did not understand, so let me put it this way, THEY REMOVED ALL MODERATORS FOR THE SAKE OF ONE WHO WAS ACTING WRONG... THAT IS CUTTING OFF THE NOSE TO SPITE THE FACE. Besides. This was a question to the ones behind this. I don't know who you are, but you don't tell me anything. Are you EDGENET? Are you someone that matters in this question? At this point, I think not. The ones this question is for would not act or respond the way you did. You know what. If you were throwing rocks at my house I would warn you I was calling the cops. AS I AM DOING IT. Get a life man. Learn to speak only when spoken too. And don't stick your nose where it doesn't belong. Next time, I may cut it off. Now please, I know that Edgenet and those involved in the business part of this don't legally have to answer, but come on. WE ARE RENDEROSITY. Those who support, and provide for this site are who make this the site you want. is it worth it to lose your base just to stay quiet. Don't go into legalities. Just explain to us the future of this site. Is it worth it for me to come here every day looking for stuff from those I consider great at this? Or will I have to frequent some other place that treats the supporter vetter than this? All we want is an answer to what will happen to this site. Is it that hard to answer us straight out? And by all that's holy, get rid of the sh*t slinging moderators, and backers that are acting worse than the 3 year old I live with. They make you look worse. I enjoy this site, and the people who belong here. DON"T DESTROY THIS MEMBER BASE. It's what is so attractive about this site. I may not be as good at this art as most people here, but I matter. WE ARE RENDEROSITY. Talk to us Edgenet. We want to hear the truth. TWOBLADE THE SWORD CAN SHRED. SHOULD IT STRIKE???

twoblade ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 12:42 AM

Bast. Stay on topic here, please. This is not about Jack and Ed. Go post to a different thread please. This is not for all. this is for Those in the Heirarchy who wish to comment. I may not be moderator, but this is my question. If I delete the thread, doesn't it remove the posts below it? We of renderosity want an answer if possible. Not S**t slinging. Twoblade

LoboUK ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 3:37 AM

Dthuregrif is exactly right Bast - you know damn' well that Admin status was removed because of you and no-one else. But did we all get together and have a go at Jack in public like a certain somebody? I don't think so. Personal and private correspondance was leaked from a closed discussion amongst the Admins here - and it was leaked directly to you - that is why Admin status was revoked until the person doing the leaking could be found. And you know exactly who did the leaking and who was the recipient. Do your comments answer twoblade's question, or do they advance your own personal agenda? You decide Paul

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 4:35 AM

The first they should do is find people to take over the site without an axe to grind. What this site has become in the last three days is pitiful to say the least, with the way certain people are conducting themselves. So far, if I was to vote for who would run this place it would either be George Deep or Clint Hawkins... both of them have ALWAYS been upfront and honest, not to just Ed and myself, but to the Community as well. The current displays I am seeing from the others, makes me sick and doesn't help the Community at all. Your actions are only making Edgenet look worse and choking off any chance of this being as good as site, or better when Ed and I were in charge. I am shamed by your actions, as I think allot of other people are as well. Jack

3DSprite ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 6:29 AM

Yes, it IS a very SAD display, and even if I was a moderator here right now, I would quit, for I would be ASHAMED to be here. This is becoming an INSULT to the GOOD artistic communty that is still here. A shame, a real shame, such a waste!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Talented people, beautiful people, wonderful, georgeously creative people, all made to look like a Romper Room scenario. I am trying to flame NO one here, I am stating what I see and what MANY other fine people SEE, both professionally and personally and I am APPALLED and disgusted!!!!!!!!!! Shame! Peter, (I can't believe this!)

tonylynch ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 8:34 AM

It is a shame, but not wholly unexpected. Artists are people too, and some will hold a grudge for ages just waiting for the day when they can get their digs in when it hurts the most (or when they perceive it will). I am relatively new to Renderosity, so I can't really say which side is right or wrong in this. I don't plan to pull up stakes just yet. I will keep posting my mats and models for people to make use of, and when Jack and Ed's new site opens I will most likely join there too and continue to share the items I create. To Jack and Ed, thank you, the community you created here is wonderful. I'm sorry to see that you're leaving and wish you the best of luck in any new endeavours. To the new moderators, best of luck. I know you won't have an easy job at times. Just remember some advice that was given to me a long time ago when I first started doing a similar job on another site, smile from the wrists down, even when dealing folks that insist on acting like animals. The old adage is true that you'll catch more flys with honey than with vinegar. To Tim at Edgenet, please respond to Twoblade's orignal message, it is something that we, the members of this community, need to know. What is going to happen to Renderosity? I don't want to know all the gory details about who did what to whom, I would just like to know there'll be a place we can go to. To the folks that are leaving. You are doing what is best for you and your ideals, and I respect you for that. Just don't despise those of us that are staying, because we choose to stay. Some of us, like myself, are new and weren't involved in the earlier incidents and really don't have a side to take on the issue. Best of luck to you and keep turning out great artwork. To everyone else, let's stop all this petty bickering and backbiting. It is senseless and useless and does nothing but create bad feelings. Instead, let's focus those energies in to what we do best, our artwork. I guess I'll stop rambling now and go back to lurking. Tony

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 11:31 AM

Bast, I respect your creativity and love the characters you've created, but I have trouble accepting your view of things. Peter admitted that there had been a misunderstanding between the two of you, a misunderstanding that BOTH SIDES wound up blowing up to near-epic proportions and which had involved information that was and should have remained confidential. A fire had been started, and was enflamed by a third party, IIRC (it's been a while), until it hit a point where Jack had to let one of you go, and he felt (perhaps unfairly; I have only 75% of his side and half of your side of things to go by, so can't be certain) you were a greater risk to both the community in general and himself in particular, so let you go. When they followed this act by BANNING you, I felt he and the other admins were out of line (though the actions of some friends of yours seemed to support this act later), but his stripping you of admin/moderator status seemed wholly proper, given the situation. And, despite the vitriol, I'm glad to see you back.

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 12:46 PM

How can you help take this site and move forward when all you are is stuck in the past? Jack

twoblade ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 12:49 PM

To all, Even BAST, I agree with Jack on one point. I am ashamed of what has become of this site. I am not one of the well known here. All I have contibuted to the free stuff is a chain most anyone could have made. And I contibuted third rate images. But you know what. I was proud of this site, and glad to be part of it. Wether it was because of Jack Ed and the others, or because it was edgenets program. I really don't know. But one thing I do know is that, this slinging has got to stop. I thought we were relatively adults here. Even those who are young and come here. We have all expressed our opinions. We have all said mainly what needs to be said. We are all missing some point. The problem is, we have heard mainly only what those involved want us to hear. And that's not enough. I don't know if I blame Ed and Jack or Edgnet for this mess. But I know they all are not telling everything(No offense to either parties. I respect you and know that human nature is to make sure people take your side. So even if you are telling everything about what is going on behind the scenes, you are still flavoring it to make you look better. Not a flame, just what I know to be true both about Jack and Ed, and Edgenet. Hell It's what I would do,) But you know what. It doesn't matter. Here we are slinging all the sht, and nothing is being resolved. I wonder why some of this junk isn't just removed. ALl it is is junk stating what idiots Jack and Ed are. Or What idiots Edgenet is. It's not going to change unless Edgenet corrects it. All that can be done by us, the members of Renderosity, is file complaints and hope the bigwigs see what tey need to see. That is, They need to see that those who were here did a damn good job and made this a plac to be proud of. The mods. the admins, even the members. I was proud to be among them. But now....I am ashamed. We all have our opinions, but the ones that matter are those of Edgenet, and those in the heart of this. Let's stop the bickering and slinging and try this the adult way. EDGENET!! LET'S TALK. LET'S REPAIR THE HOLE IN THIS SINKING SHIP BEFORE WE HIT THE BOTTOM. EDGENET. LISTEN. WE HAVE SOME SAY IN THIS SITE,FOR WITHOUT US,IT IS NOTHING. WE BRING MORE VIEWERS IN. WE BRING THE THINGS THAT ARE REQUESTED TO THIS SITE, FOR FREE OR FOR SALE. WE ARE WHAT MAKES THIS SIT SO GREAT. YOUR PROGRAM HELPS BUT WITHOUT USERS, EVEN MICROSOFT WOULD BE LEFT PENNILESS. TALK TO US EDGENET. WE CAN WORK TOGETHER TO REBULD THIS WARZONE. LET'S CLEAN THIS UP AND SEE IF ANYTHING IS SALVAGEABLE. That's my rant for today. Thanks for your support guys. maybe if we work together we might get the answers we are looking for. And BAST, unless you are the Mouth of Edgenet, either work with us to correct this mess, or shut the f*k up. (yes. I cussed) We need to fix this, not drive more of those we need away. You are not needed or wanted unless you are helping to solve this.(If you are not with us, you're against us, and that makes you our enemy) end this madness Edgent. You are probably the only ones that can. Just my two coppers. TWOBLADE. D. Smith Just somone who doesn't really matter in the long run. I am only one.

Octavio1 ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 1:15 PM

You, dear lady, seem terribly unhappy unless you are either stirring up some kind of trouble, offending someone, or are in turn being offended by comments that have nothing at all to do with you. Perhaps you'd consider contributing to the repair process of this site by refraining from posting your obviously inflammatory and inciteful opinions.

Virus ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 1:39 PM

My intention is not to interfere with the original post as I did it with the Previous, but I can't resist to jump here and give my point of view: Bast has a true point and why are you still trying to make her shout? She was a moderatod and she was treated unfairly by Jack an his bosom friends. I'm gladd i resigned as moderator before that histeric scene at Jack's theatre. You guys thought that moderators was an expendable resource, when you get the same; now you are complaining?? You've just now find it that the boomerang effect is a bitch! :) Regards. I will stay out of the this Treath, sorry to interfere with it with it Twoblade.

SAL9000 - Hello Dr. Chandra, Will I've dream?

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 2:42 PM

{Ironically, one of them, Allie, was blamed on me I hear.} Well, I don't think you were DIRECTLY accused of what happened with her, but it DID surprise me to see your name implied as having been involved with the disappearance of her files; kind of like you were being used as a bogeyman (bogeycat?)... I had known about the fiancee - and found his comments possibly the most lucid at the time of anyones on either side (though he DID publicly reveal some confidential information). I hadn't known about your kid (though the age does explain the comments made at the time!).

Scarab ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 5:47 PM

Let's try an experiment....respond to this post and type in; "Hi, lovely weather where I am. Are all of you having a nice day? Maybe it's time to start a new thread of nothing but ideas for how to improve our current situation at Renderosity. Who would like to go first? Your friend, Bast" Scarab

bast ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 7:28 PM

Wait till you see what I have been doing lately :) The weather is great, and I have discovered whole new ways to make Victoria beautiful at long last, and am finally getting good at landscape modeling. Soon as I manage to do a fine enough render of my latest work on Vickie, I'll put it up where it can be seen :) In the meantime, here is one I am proud of :)Watcha Think? Your friend, Bast :) landbridge0000.jpg

MikeJ ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 9:53 PM

Beautiful picture, Bast. It was a pretty nice day here, too. :) Cheers, Mike< enjoys art...hates politics :)

twoblade ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2000 at 1:17 AM

I almost agree wih Scarab, and wonder if that was what I wanted to do with this question thread. I am tired of seeing this bs being thrown. Isn't it time we just ask, what is being done to get this mess straightened out? What happened with Jack Ed and the others a year ago does not matter. The Renderosity we love and treasure is like a quilt being ripped at the seams. Why? To air some petty grievance from a year ago? To sling Sh*t at those we don't agree with? Hell..I wonder if it is even worth it to stay here. If the slinging is what will dominate. I think I will see a day not too long from now, A thread.. "Guys. I have question...Why is the sky blue?" Second post: "Man. It is????? I didn't know" (The Jester of the group) Third: "Man what type of nitwit are you.. Learn something man, or don't you have the intelligence" (The Slinger) Fourth(Before the posts mysteriously vanish) "Man it takes all kinds. This is inappropriate and is being removed" (The moderator who hates anything that is not what he wants to see) The day this site goes that way, is the day Twoblade will hang up his mouse at Renderosity, and will likely give up on 3d graphics. I thought this was a site to honor the accomplishments of each other. But now I seem to see it as a place where we all just go at each others throats.. Is it worth it?? TWOBLADE

Scarab ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2000 at 2:50 AM

to Twoblade; ....you ALMOST agree with me....? to Bast; ....now see...that wasnt so hard.....you CAN be pleasant!....(though it would have had more effect if the post just before it hadn't been "claws out") .....keep working on it....and.........sing! Scarab <-attitude adjustment technician #34

LoboUK ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2000 at 5:15 AM

and I notice that twoblade's original question still hasn't been answered Paul smiley83.gif

Scarab ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2000 at 8:22 PM

It stops when ONE stops responding in kind..... The "winner" is the one who gets to go on and do other, more fun, more constructive things...NOT the person who gets the "last lick" in..... Damn, Dosteyevski was right..... Scarab Karamozov

twoblade ( ) posted Thu, 21 September 2000 at 12:22 AM

What I meant, I forgot to say. I almost agree with you, but think it's a bit mushy for some. Not anything against you. Sorry bout that. Twoblade.

Scarab ( ) posted Thu, 21 September 2000 at 11:06 AM

Mush...ick.....prefer oatmeal.... Scarab<-(unless mom puts lots of those little blue pills in it along with the marshmallows......)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.