Sun, Sep 22, 11:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: For the Moderators

Octavio1 ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 10:42 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 11:29 AM

Hey, Kids.. READ THIS: Interim Moderator Guidelines: 1. Be about the topic of your forum and advancing the community. 2. Be positive. Ignore taunting behavior and move off-topic posts to the appropriate forum with a simple note as to why. 3. Treat all members with respect, even difficult members. 4. Treat others as you would want to be treated. 5. Be inclusive. We want everyone to feel comfortable here. That includes members of DSI and members of the PFO. After what I've observed of their behavior and read from the moderators themselves, I can honestly say that they are NOT conforming to the above and Tim Choate is taking NO apparent steps to make them conform to the above. Translated: Lip service. Go ahead, ban me, and make my point FOR me. If you don't I'll assume that your intentions exceed your ability to put out the fires you all have lit.

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 11:04 AM

Octavio, it is POSSIBLE that the new moderators are overwhelmed by the new positions; give them time. As an aside, I don't object to the change of management, but I DO object to the way they took over - 1) Possible breech of contract (unless there is information Jack is withholding) 2) Sudden, total change of personnel. Both of which have led to a totally chaotic situation. Hopefully things will work out somehow, but we DO need to give them (and, perhaps, Jack) time...

Octavio1 ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 11:32 AM

Sorry, that boat does NOT float in my pond. When Virus (a moderator) starts attacking other people in Spanish and making a reference to having something inserted somwehere, I lose sympathy for their situation. Or when Trimax (another moderator) starts calling someone "a little bastard"....So tell me.... even if they are overwhelmed... how does that excuse that type of deviance from the guidelines? I think there's a REAL lack of maturity at work. As to your points 1) and 2) above, that just strengthens my argument. Sorry. My sympathy quota has been ALL USED UP. If they can't stand the heat, they just all just get out of the kitchen. These folks have a real problem with stress management, I think.

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 11:39 AM

{Or when Trimax (another moderator) starts calling someone "a little bastard".} I never saw that one - but then, it's possible the person Trimax was talking to IS a short person who doesn't know his or her parentage... Seriously, right now emotions are VERY high, and such lapses of decorum and judgement - especially in a community as volatile as one populated mostly by artists - are to be expected. Maybe not ACCEPTED, but expected. I'm sure things will calm down eventually - either with this site vacated so there can BE no such conflicts, or with business as usual (occasional conflicts)...

ClintH ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 11:40 AM

Its really hard to conform to the above guidelines that tim laid out when you have a pack of hungry wolf going for your throat. Believe me, we (the moderators and Admins), are trying very hard to conform to the above guidelines. Tim is taking a lot of steps to get the site under control. The whole team is working very hard to provide a community for the artists to share ideas and work. It will bounce back as it has in the past. I have been here from the begining, back in the PFO days with Willow and Grey. I've seen all of this before. Im sorry you feel the way you do, Octavio, but I do see a lot of posts that are just poking the admins, moderators and EdgeNet in the chest looking for a fight. Its not going to happen. We will ride out this storm as we have in the past and sail on into clear weather. All it takes is time. Take care, Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Octavio1 ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 11:47 AM

Glad you're so positive. Now that you've deliberately not addressed the issue (see guidelines 2, 3, and 4) how do you explain some (and I will stress not ALL) of the moderator's behavior? I work in a profession where we occasionnally get verbally attacked by someone in severe emotional duress. WE don't start calling people "little bastards" or telling tem to "shove it". I never came here looking for a fight, but was attacked all the same. Appreciate your sentiments, but let's stick to the issue: There are guidelines here that are NOT being followed, and SHOULD be, no matter WHAT the situation. Be well

Octavio1 ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 11:53 AM

I don't think it matters what the person's status that Trimax actually is. You -JUST-DON'T-DO-THAT. In reply to CB's message, no 4: Well, when I went to look for the thread "Seig Heil Renderosity" to do some cutting and pasting, it had been conveniently deleted. And I'm sure yo're both right... things will settle down... until another administrator or moderator gets pissed off. Some of these folks are clearly not equipped for the job. Hope to see the two of you at another site. I think I've had it with all this crap.

ClintH ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 11:54 AM

Hi Octavia, I have addressed the issues you have, from behind the scenes... Not in front of the community here at Renderosity. Tim and EdgeNet are aware and should be looking into the situation and taking steps to resolve the problem. Thanks for bring this to our attention. Be well, as well.. ;) Regards, Clint

Clint Hawkins

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Octavio1 ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 12:00 PM

I think the best bet is to simply replace certain individuals with others who CAN stand the heat and handle the job without becoming personally offensive. A great 3D artist does not necessarily make for a good administrator. On a personal note, I no longer feel comfortable coming here, and am profoundly distressed by how I've seen the moderators and admin behave, regardless of how badly they are getting attatcked. So -- see ya. peace

Octavio1 ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 12:03 PM

ps And let's try to avoid the "pack of hungry wolves" analogy. There is simply no record, anywhere, of a wolf ever having attacked a human. (Yes, I know, this has nothing to do with the thread. -- sorry)

ClintH ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 12:36 PM

haha, Yea, But it made me laugh! Good point! Octavio - I hate to see you leave and to hear that you feel uncomfortable coming here. Take care on your lifes journey. Regards, Clint

Clint Hawkins

(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Virus ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 12:45 PM

Dear Octavio: My answer to you is just to solve some doubts you must have. Are you serious calling me Moderator??? You can ask directly to Tim or another Edgenet contact to see that I'm not moderator, I've never sent any request to Tim to be a moderator, and I'm not interested to be one, sheez, you don't have to be a genius to know that. Just a last suggest: Don't make rush conslussions without get all the REAL facts first. I'm Not a Moderator of Edgnet, I'm just only another visitor as you, and please leave the true moderators to do their job, All of them are making their best efford.

SAL9000 - Hello Dr. Chandra, Will I've dream?

Octavio1 ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 12:57 PM

Dearest Virus: This is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. I apologize for making a mistake... I assume, therefore, that you've never made one. Second, the high-handed and arrogant tone of your message completely confirms what I had previously stated. I have given no reason for you to attack me; Third, you are contributing to the rapidly declining atmosphere of this site with this attitude; Fourth, do not lecture me as if I was a child. Fifth, you don't even know me. I suggest that YOU re-think your approach when it comes to dealing with people. And no, I do NOT believe that all of them are making their best effort.... ps would that be a DNA virus, RNA virus, or a prion?

Virus ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 1:14 PM

Octavio: Please refresh my memory, when did I attacked you??? I have some arguments with other members, but you think I was talking about you?. You are right about I don't know you, and honestly i'm not interested to do it, (not offense please). Please read CAREFULLY and then make your conclussions. Some of them are totally wrong.

Octavio1 ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 1:34 PM

Here we go... I will NOT get embroiled in another idiotic debate about nothing that skitters off the thread topic. Exactly how many times would you like me to apologize for reaching the wrong conclusion? Hey -- I know: Since you're an expert on conclusions, let's instead discuss the genetic constitution of the three major viral groups. And what's a bacteriophage? Can it affect people? Can it cause apoptosis, or is that merely a by-product of plasmid piracy? What are your conclusions about that? Huh? Now STOP IT.

Virus ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 2:09 PM

Octavio: Apology accepted. Not hard feeling here.

DRIV ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 3:00 PM

ClintH No i Am Not Attacking You, However, I THink Anyone Who Reads The Posts Will More Than Likely See Moderators Attacking People Like Myself, Bloodsong, Stormrage, And Others For Merely Asking Questions Or Speaking Our Mind. The Moderators Are The Ones Who Started Attacking People On a Personal Level And In Mass. Not One Moderator Trying To Resolve The Issue.....SEVERAL Moderators Attacking One Person. And Yeah, One Of Them Was Me. But You Try ANd Be Honest. You Check Times On Posts, Virus Was One Of The First To Start Lashing Out At People, As Was ScottA, And Trimax. Such Behavior Should Not Be Tolerated By People Who Are Supposed To be "Trusted" To Carry Out Their Responsibilities. Again, Note That I Am Not Trying To Put You Down. I Have Not Seen You Say Anything Greatly Derogatory...Hopefully You Have Not. But I Really Think Some Of Tim's Choices FOr Moderators Are Much Worse Than The One Bad Egg He Supposedly Fired All The Old Ones Over. Instead Of One Bad Egg He Now Has At Least 3. That's Just Poor Management. You Don't Give Powertrippers, Or People That Have Been Removed As Moderator Before For Wrongdoing The Position Again.

KenS ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 3:14 PM

to set the record straight virus and Trimax are not moderators or admins here, and havent been here for some time, as for ScottA, He niether is a moderator, was but is no longer. Ken

DRIV ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 3:40 PM

Thanks FT For Clearing that Up, However that Does Not Excuse JeffH's Recent Behaviour

KenS ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 3:47 PM

I wasnt privy to his behavior, so I cant speak for what he might of done, but please take in mind that everything here is currently in uphevel and Im sure Jeff is catching alot of flak for it, tensions are high and stress levels are right up there also. We as the current moderators will try to the best of our abilities to control our responses in any posts that might seem to get out of hand. And to do so in a more professional manner. I myself have stepped over that boundry in the past, and had regretted it aftwerwards. As sure as many others here have in the past also. Ken

Trimax ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 5:53 PM

ok let me clear this up for some people that dont hvae a clue!! BOY - a young child of the male gender Bastard - person born out of wedlock whose legal status is illegitimacy really hope this makes things more clear to thoese who dont know the difrence 2nd- i am not nor will i be a Moderator 3rd- Octavio read the thread Driv attack a very good friend of mine that i have know for a few yrs. He does not Know Virus and had no bussiness attacking him 3rd- mind ur own damn BUSSINESS (Got it) GOOD

nightshade ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 7:21 PM

Trimax, I hate to say it, but you prove the point rather than reinforce the idea that it's an exception. I would have expected more peacemakers and fewer rabble rousers from an artistically gifted group as this community. Before you lash out at anyone - whether it be attack or reprisal, ask yourself one question, "How does this help the situation?" If you can't come up with a good answer, then don't press the send button. Yes this is emotional, but does that mean sanity, courtesy and respect are automatically excluded?

Trimax ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 8:14 PM

Nightshade first of all do u know what happen if u dont they why would even comment about this apprently u have no idea what happen so with all do respect PLEASE!!! stay out of this

ScottA ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 8:35 PM

FT said I was a Moderator here but Not anymore. That is NOT true. The fact is. I was NEVER a moderator here. It's OK FT. You haven't been here in a while. You couldn't have known. ScottA

Octavio1 ( ) posted Tue, 19 September 2000 at 10:36 PM

Thank you. No hard feelings here either, and I am sorry for any misunderstanding. Let's put this behind us, move on, and try to get this awful situation back on an even keel.

KenS ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2000 at 12:19 AM

Scott, Sorry bro, I could have sworn you were a moderator at one time or another, my bad :) Ken

wolfdd ( ) posted Wed, 20 September 2000 at 12:41 AM

So far I considered most members here as adults. Recently this place here seems like a Kindergarten.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.