Tue, Oct 8, 5:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 08 5:15 pm)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: The Real Macaw!!

noggin ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 8:19 AM · edited Tue, 08 October 2024 at 5:29 PM

file_102100.jpg

Out soon at DAZ (just in testing,packaging at present) ? 1-2w I hope. This is my latest and best I think. As with most of my recent bird models you get a flying and perched version. Packed with Easipose (ERC) functionality. 4 photoreal texture sets applied as MATs of 4 different species.

noggin ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 8:21 AM

file_102101.jpg

Here's a pic of the Scarlet Macaw_ one of my favourites.

noggin ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 8:23 AM

file_102102.jpg

In addition, as is my usual practice, you'll get 10 flying, 10 perched and 3 paired pose sets as part of the package. So dust off your pirates and dig out your jungle scenes ready for these beauties!

dialyn ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 8:24 AM

Gorgeous! You really caught the personality of these colorful birds. They'll be on my list for sure!

Ranai ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 8:34 AM

OH MY GOSH!!! Finally! Tropical birds! Beautiful ones to say the least! They are on my list too!!! WOOHOO!

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 8:39 AM

Wow, these are beautiful. Sharen

Caly ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 8:41 AM

YES! They look great! :) Ooo How about some Cockatiels too... The white & yellow Lutinos with the orange cheeks? :)

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

RHaseltine ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 8:54 AM
Online Now!

Want, WANT! (I just hope someone makes shoulder pads for V/M or the naked-in-the-temple scenes are going to feature fresh scars.)

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 9:22 AM

WaHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Parrots!!!!! GOT to have some Amazons ... and want some source pics for a teeny Senegal Parrot? She's been dying to pose. 8-)

noggin ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 9:35 AM

Thanks everyone_ I do hope you enjoy using this set when its out. Caly_ yep I have in mind to do a parrot add on pack_ which will include posable crests and fbm_MAT/MORs for the wealth of parrots out there. And Deecey yes pleeeease. My main difficulty will be with textures_ I had access (for the ones pictured above) to a scarlet and a blue/yellow macaw_ the military and hyacinths were adaptations of my photographs.I got some lovely close-ups of these seriously beautiful birds! If anybody can produce me good quality digital images (close ups are almost better than whole birds with sharp feather and head detail) that I can use (copyright free)you will have a free copy of the add on pack when its published! IM me if you can help! Best wishes Nigel

Caly ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 9:50 AM

file_102103.jpg

Oh that's terriffic! :) I need to stalk my bird when I get home with a camera. :D

Renderosity Gallery

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 9:52 AM

Attached Link: http://www.pet-net.net/pet_birds/poicephalus.htm

This isn't my "Peanut" but it's really close to what she looks like. All I have to do now is figure out how to make her stand still when I take the pics. ROFL We also have a cockatiel and a blue/white budgie here if you're interested.

orangeparty ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 12:09 PM

these are wonderful. : )

noggin ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 1:15 PM

Hey Caly your Lutinos looks lovely_ I'd love to have a go at (?)him_ if you can get me some good sharp images particulary the folded wing side on, a nice front on breast to pick up the feathering and a side on head for the cheek and crest detail and perhaps just an oblique (close) so I can get an idea about the nostrils. I'd need to do a fair bit of morphing around the head/beak but I think it could be done! And Deecey thanks for that excellent link_ loads of ideas there! I'd love to have a go at Peanut for you. I love budgie's but they are a long way from a macaw! we'll see.

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 1:21 PM

You know, I just thought of a bird species that is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! The Eclectus parrots. They aren't widely known as being talkers, but they are absolutely gorgeous, and one of the very few parrot species where the male and female are markedly different. The females are VIVID, I mean VIVID red, blue, and purple with smooth black beaks. The males are vivid green with patches of blue and red on the wings, and have yellow beaks. Whenever I visited the zoo in Madison, WI, the pair of Eclectus parrots would climb down to visit me. Funny thing is, they didn't do it to ANYONE else. Can you tell I am a bird lady? LOL

beatle_trekkie ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 1:23 PM

Hyacinth Macaws are the largest of parrots. It should be at least twice the size of the others. The heads are all too small looking. The poses look perfect!

noggin ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 2:27 PM

file_102104.jpg

You're gonna have to spin your XYZ scale b_t, for the Hyacinth (not too difficult_select body_ scale) It's quite hard when your working from non-comparative photos, but I bow to your knowledge. I have seen one picture of the hyacinth with a larger head _ and others not. I'm happy with the size of the other heads. Deecey_ I've seen pictures of the eclectus and agree they are rather georgeous.The beak shape is not disimilar to the macaw, but the body would need to be squater. I'd love to do an African Grey_ I love its subtle patterning. If I'm going to stretch this thread here's the military macaw!! *grins*

pokeydots ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 8:56 PM

As a bird owner and bird lover all I have to say Credit card to the max! Excellent job noggin!

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

William ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2004 at 9:43 PM

Oh yes, I too have been waiting for something like this. Thank you Noggin for offering it for sale (soon).

odeathoflife ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 1:04 AM

Just adding my 2 pennies This is a great bird top notch work on this one, and it poses like a dream!

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

Khai ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 4:16 AM

lovely work :) but it has to be done.. I'm sorry... ''E's not pinin'! 'E's passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E's a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn't nailed 'im to the perch 'e'd be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E's off the twig! 'E's kicked the bucket, 'e's shuffled off 'is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!! '

noggin ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 4:18 AM

"E's just RESTIN'" ROFL!

PheonixRising ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 4:38 PM

Cool. Looks great. Looks like alot of work. I like the way you did the wings. Best way to go

-Anton, creator of ApolloMaximus: 32,000+ downloads since 3-13-07
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NEW The Poser FaceInterMixer

noggin ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 6:24 PM

Thanks Anton!! Your work has always been a great inspiration.

PheonixRising ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 6:48 PM

hey thanks

"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

PheonixRising ( ) posted Sat, 13 March 2004 at 7:15 PM

file_102105.jpg

Here is a pic of me last year or so with my friend Moyra's bird Tattoo

noggin ( ) posted Sun, 14 March 2004 at 2:19 AM

Hey great photo! Tattoo looks like he's trying to decide whether to take your glasses or your nose off! I've gotta have a go at a cockatoo!

PheonixRising ( ) posted Sun, 14 March 2004 at 2:59 AM

he like nibbling on them

beatle_trekkie ( ) posted Mon, 15 March 2004 at 4:31 PM

file_102106.jpg

Have you ever came face to face with an actual macaw? No offence what so ever, I'm just being honest. Can the birds puff up their feathers? I've never met a parrot who didn't as it is their way of saying "pet me right here". My parrotlet puffs up only his tiny head while my cockatoo puffs up his entire body.

Also, what's wrong with that cockatoo Tattoo? His feathers look awful. Here's a photo of my Goffin's Cockatoo.

Your other birds look so real but these look like 3D models.

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 15 March 2004 at 4:40 PM

Can the birds puff up their feathers? I can't even imagine how much geometry it would take to create a parrot that could do that. You could accomplish it with morphs, but it definitely wouldn't have the same effect if the geometry wasn't there to support it.

Mehndi ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2004 at 3:43 AM

file_102107.jpg

Here is a photo of my Umbrella Cockatoo, Elaine :) She is named for my favorite roleplay character, and also The Lady of Shallot :) Oh, and there is nothing wrong with Tattoo's feathers that a fast shower won't fix. It is just dry feather syndrome, probably the photo was taken in the winter :)

noggin ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2004 at 8:30 AM

No offense what so ever taken beatle trekkie, and I'll be honest too_ yes, they are 3d models (they don't lay eggs,fluff their feathers or any of the wonderful things that these birds do) and therefore are subject to some of the limitations that 3D modelling imposes on us. They're my attempt to get as close as I can to a 'representation' of a macaw within the limits of my software, my skill and my observation. If they give people pleasure and inspire them to produce artwork that they are content with, then I'm a happy bunny. I watched with dismay the similar debate that went on in the millenium horse thread and felt terribly sorry for the modeller in question. Undoubtedly Poser users are becoming more demanding in their search for reality with the models they purchase _ and that's no bad thing because it drives us modellers to strive to achieve that illusion of reality. The stakes are clearly higher with the horse because of its high profile but 'experts' must realise that by and large we modellers are NOT experts in the things we try to represent_ I certainly spend a lot of time, energy researching my subjects (and yes I have been face to beak with a 'real' macaw_ my textures are based on my own photographs of the 'blue & yellow and the scarlet I spent an afternoon photographing and observing). My motivation in producing the model?_ well I think the birds themselves are exquisite_(I'm off to see them in Peru later this year!) I believed I could make the best macaw model currently available_at some time in the future someone will do a better job and I'll be content for mine to drop off his perch and join the bleedin' choir invisible. btw in case this sounds like a rant (and I'm sorry if it does) I would like to say thankyou ALL for your kind comments and including the photos of your birds (which are wonderful and an inspiration). Calypso has sent me some lovely picture of her cockatiel which I hope to work up in to a texture. If anyone else has any photos they are willing to share_ I'd love to do an African Grey for example_just IM me. Nigel

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2004 at 8:34 AM

Nigel - as both a bird lover AND a modeler, I think you did a fantastic job and deserve a round of applause. 8-)

Elusion ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2004 at 11:21 AM

file_102108.jpg

Oops, guess Tattoo was looking kinda scruffy that day. He did get a bath that very day, as I recall, as did my other umbrella, Dusty Bird, and Grok, my blue and gold macaw. Dusty took the opportunity to make it a TRULY memorable Thanksgiving (which Anton and I celebrated together with a couple of bottles of Veuve Clicquot, triple creme cheeses and killer delicious spanish almonds in 2002) by biting through my lip. Ouch. On another note, re feathers - Tattoo plucks himself a little amd chews on his clipped wing feathers the minute they grow long (visible in the picture), but if you think he looks bad in his unwashed state, you should see my poor neurotic umbrella Dusty Bird, who, alas, is an inveterate feather picker. I adopted him from his original owner, for whom he had plucked himself bare beneath the neck because no one but her liked him. He has more feathers now, but is incapable of stopping the feather picking. He totally refuses to embrace the concept of tail and wing feathers. His original owner made him go through every medical test under the sun because of this bad habit, and he is healthy as a horse, just not so healthy between one teeny ear and the other. He's neurotic, but I love him anyway. Love seeing everyone's jungle chickens!

Elusion ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2004 at 11:34 AM

file_102109.jpg

And the REAL macaw, Grok...who doesn't puff up as much as 'toos do (I love that cockatoo thingie they do when all happy and comfy and kinda sleepy, which I call "mustache face". I am sure other cockatoo owners know just what I mean) Grok has very light grey eyes, and she does this thing called "pinning", making the irises smaller and then bigger in a very fast cycle when she's excited. For those of you who have cockatoos, macaws are EXTREMELY different birds - not cuddly and velcro-y, but naughty and extremely macho. I spend a lot of time, even after 9 years, telling Grokky to "be good, no bite" and waging endless "step up NOW" battles when she is on the rampage. Grok does talk non-stop, and quite clearly, especially to her toys ("No! Bad Grokkie! No Bite! Step up! Up! UP! Kissesssssss?????") Cockatoos just want to be scritched under the wing - macaws just wanna give you a playful bite on the butt when your back is turned. At least mine is that way, and I hand fed her from when she was 4 months old. They also tend to be one person or one gender birds - mine only likes women -, whereas my cockatoos love everyone and just want to cuddle and scream - a LOT. But there is nothing, absolutely nothing, that is as magnificent as a macaw...or as naughty.

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2004 at 11:47 AM

Hey Moyra, nice to see you and wanted to comment on your lovely, colorful and playful feathered friends. They're great! Parrots are the most loving, intelligent, playful, boisterous, outgoing and social animals you could ever run across. Our little Senegal parrot, who is presently keeping us company in our room is always full of fun and surprises ... some of the things she has picked up are ... wakes us up in the morning with "Hey, wake up" ... imitates the bedroom door opening and closing with a perfectly-timed squeak ... and then says "bye bye" when the door closes ... says "Hello!" when the door opens again and we enter ... nods her head up and down in response when we say "Yes!" ... says "OK" when we say it's time to go to bed ... and says "Nite nite" when the light goes off ... calls "Dee!!!!!!!!" when she wants to see me ... says "Hey Ed!" when my hubby gets home from work ALL in context, and all without prompting. She says a lot more things too, I could go on forever! LOL I am SO looking forward to this product! 8-)

Caly ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2004 at 12:11 PM

You guys are so lucky. I got my Cockatiel from a pet store ( no idea how old he is) and he's a mean-tempered brute. Very pretty to look at, but don't try to put a hand near him. He bites. He's bitten hands, noses, ears... :D

Renderosity Gallery

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2004 at 12:29 PM

I've also had some mean cockatiels ... and won't get one again either. My ears are all "reep reep reep-ed" out! Peanut is NICE and quiet in comparison. 8-)

noggin ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2004 at 12:56 PM

I am sooo envious of you guys_ you know its been a revelation to me how many folks keep these birds_ They are really not (as far as i know) a big pet thing in the UK_ which is a real shame. I guess it may be a supply and demand thing with breedships only being able to survive if there's a big enough pool of enthusiasts.( I presume most of these birds are captive bred)Cockatiels are quite common and you do see them around in pet-stores. I'm pretty sure our cat would be freaked out by having a chatty bird around as well!

Elusion ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2004 at 12:57 PM

file_102110.jpg

HA! For the ultimate in avian cacophony, and some real toenail curling shrieking, try cohabiting with 2 umbrellas, a macaw and a nanday conure (Juniper Ratbird the nanday on the warpath picture above)...aaaaaaargh! My little tiel Kukulino is an absolute mellifluous-toned angel compared to the other chickens, singing prettily all the time. Tiels can be real biters, mine hates hands - and all my birds love being petted everywhere - but loves lips. Kisses are cool, but hands cause him to start quacking like a duck (anything that makes him angry, like, say, a book which is not in its right position on the bookshelf in his room, makes him quack)and chittering, followed by a nip. And those tiny beaks can HURT. I used to have a dusky lory, and the very worst bites, worse even than from my macaw's enormous beak, were from my over-excited lory. She always drew rivers of blood. Deecey, Senegals are soooo pretty! I didn't know they had such good verbal abilities! Best talker I ever had was my crazy little dusky lory. She also shrieked incessantly in a way that makes fingernails on blackboards sound fabulous. She got cursed at a lot (not by me), so whenever I did something she didn't enjoy, like cover her to stop the screeching, I would hear a little voice from under the sheet exclaiming "Goddammit Bird!". You're either a bird person or you're not...and I am, in spades. Love hearing the stories about everyone's chickens! And Noggin, I love your macaw model. The military is especially wonderful, and the poses, especially those involving two birds, ROCK! My only petite (and its very petite) issue is that the tail is short-ish. Macaws have unbelievably long tails. I know the problem is making the wings fold and open, and you've done an incredible job of it, not to mention the texturing which is excellent. Are you going to do a greenwing macaw texture for the package? And when will it all be released?

noggin ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2004 at 1:58 PM

Thanks Elusion! The paired poses were my beta-testers idea and he was right_they were fun to do. There are morphs for tail feather length which affect the central feather disproportionatly_ I put them in for shortening but in reverse they will lengthen the tail feathers if that would help. The package is complete and with DAZ for setting up the loaders etc. I was told this week_but you never know until its up there. I will post when I first see it. I'm not sure I know the greenwing. I've seen pictures of the great green macaw (Ara ambigua) which has a lovely golden tint in the wing feathers and the principal tails. (Very beautiful)There are also pictures of the 'red & green macaw' in Frans Lantings 'Jungle' book_ looks like a scarlet but the yellow wing bar is green.

Caly ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2004 at 2:01 PM

file_102111.jpg

Ahh my cats don't seem to mind Luke (my Cockatiel) when he screeches. They find him fascinating from time to time. He's managed to stare them down. :D

Renderosity Gallery

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2004 at 2:03 PM

LOL ... yeah, he's thinking "I'll give you REEP right here" ... (licks lips). Seriously, that is totally cute. 8-)

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2004 at 2:15 PM

file_102112.jpg

OK as long as everyone else is posting their baby pictures 8-) Here's Peanut, the little chatterbox. She loves to lay on her back in the palm of my hand, and fits very nicely there too (they are a small breed parrot, but have the personalities of BIG ones!). She's a sweetie. Just turned four years old in December. 8-)

Elusion ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2004 at 2:21 PM

AAAGH, Deecey, Peanut is just SO cute!!!!!! I swore I wouldn't get another fid (feathered kid=fid), but now I am seriously, seriously tempted. I love that curious/naughty/watcha doin' mom? look! Really adorable little girl you have there!

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 16 March 2004 at 2:25 PM

Yup, you're hooked, girl - Big time! I have been owing you an email for so long as well (and I profusely apologize for that). We have to catch up since the Romeo and Juliet days ... and I even upgraded my phone service so I have more minutes! LOL

noggin ( ) posted Thu, 18 March 2004 at 1:45 AM

They are up and flying at DAZ_go get 'em.

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 18 March 2004 at 9:46 AM

Got 'em already ... they are magnificent!!!! Well done. 8-)

noggin ( ) posted Thu, 18 March 2004 at 12:15 PM

Thanks Deecey_ I've been working on some morphs to try and get this macaw looking like a parrot_ not easy but I'll plod on_ love that Peanut! Any chance of some good sharp close ups for a texture?? :-) Nigel

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 18 March 2004 at 12:37 PM

I will surely take some ... but I'm currently preparing a portfolio/demo for a big job interview. I'll try to get to the photos ... erm ... Tuesday? 8-)

noggin ( ) posted Thu, 18 March 2004 at 12:54 PM

No hurry at all Deecey_ probably a good few weeks work on this for me!! I'll IM you my e-mail address. Best of luck with the interview!! Nigel

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.