Tue, Oct 22, 12:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 11:46 am)

Subject: Mil Dragon + Poser 5 = woes

odeathoflife ( ) posted Mon, 19 April 2004 at 1:50 PM · edited Mon, 15 July 2024 at 7:43 AM

Hey folks, I am making an image in poser 5 firefly using the dazmil dragon ( well 2 actually ) one has the Daz Dragon texture, and the other has the free HR dragon textures ( the gold ones available in the free stuff) but the wings on either are not working, I used the mat poses available from both, and it makes the falloff 1.0 so I figured that was the problem, so moved it down to 0 still rendering hte membrains as black, so I removed the trans map altogether, still black, so removed the textures and just used the material colour, renders black....I havn't a clue what ta do now. Any one else exper. this? Got's a solution? thx muchly. death

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

who3d ( ) posted Mon, 19 April 2004 at 6:20 PM

Umm.. MilDragon worked fine for me last time I checked... is the problem really blatant or might I have overlooked it?

Crescent ( ) posted Mon, 19 April 2004 at 7:09 PM

Did you try setting the displacement to .001 or so in the render settings? That might fix it. Also, set the fall-off to 0, not 1. This will keep the fall-off all the way up, all the way through. I always set my fall-off to 0 for transparencies. Hope this helps.

Lyrra ( ) posted Mon, 19 April 2004 at 7:43 PM

check where the trans map is plugged in, some P4 made MATS get it in the wrong place. Likewise for bumps.

Artalgo ( ) posted Mon, 19 April 2004 at 11:42 PM

Make sure that "Remove backfacing polygons" is not checked in the render settings.

odeathoflife ( ) posted Tue, 20 April 2004 at 12:40 AM

file_106461.jpg

well not sure what it was actually ( I had another post here but now it is gone for some reason, showing the black membrains, and stating that I was just going to start from scratch as I loaded up another dragon and applied the mat pose to it and the wings rendered fine, so it was something that I did ( possibly that backface polygones thing ) any way thatnks for all the tips and thoughts. here is the image that I was working on. ( a little reduced in size)

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.