Thu, Oct 10, 6:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 09 12:13 pm)

Subject: M3 beard problem

LonRanger ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2004 at 8:58 PM · edited Thu, 10 October 2024 at 6:26 PM

I just downloaded the new M3 beard. When I apply it to M3, it doesn't do a very good job of starting out and I have to work quite a bit to get it to fit. (Yes, I did tell it to conform to M3). Too bad there is no conform to M3 dial.

And then I had to look and look in order to find a set of translate dials that would move it around (I found them under the hip category, of all places -- there are no translate dials under the head category)

Is there anyway to have the beard start out in place, like other hair pieces do?

Thanks!

LonRanger ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2004 at 9:04 PM

I take it back. The translate dials under the HIP section only move the beard up and down. I have no idea how to maneuver this beard. Help!

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2004 at 10:30 PM

I don't own the M3 Millennium Beard so I can't confirm, but chances are good that the head does have Translate channels ... the dials are just probably hidden.

If you feel up to editing the Beard's CR2 file, you can enable the head's Translate channels by changing their "hidden" flags from 1 to 0. Or alternatively, I could email you a pose file that does it for you.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2004 at 10:57 PM

The BODY of a model usually also has translation information. I do not own M3 or his beard, so can't help you further, sorry.

nickedshield ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2004 at 11:34 PM

file_108529.jpg

If this is the beard you are referring to: I just loaded it, conformed no problem. Selected the figure beard then body then body parts. All kinds of dials to twist.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

LeeEvans ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2004 at 11:39 PM

Attached Link: http://secure.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=1921

I believe this is the beard he is referring too... I dont have it either so I cant be much help... maybe it doesnt have the ability you are looking for?

nickedshield ( ) posted Fri, 07 May 2004 at 11:59 PM

I too join the crowd of not having that one, sorry.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

LonRanger ( ) posted Sat, 08 May 2004 at 12:03 AM

The picture is not of the M3 Millennium Beard - it's for a different beard. And unfortunately, the HEAD section for the M3 Millennium Beard does not have any translate dials. The only section of the beard that has translate dials that actually move the beard are under the HIP section, but they don't move the beard very intelligently

It would be great to talk to someone who has this product -- to see how they made it work.

Well...I just had an inspiration and opened up a new project with just M3 and the M3 Millennium Beard and it works fine. But I went back into my original project and the original problem persists. This is a huge project with six figures and many props, lights and buildings. Could this be causing the problem? I really need to bring this beard into this project because it must be worn by a figure who is a part of this big environment.

Oh, BTW -- In case this is important: I have Pro Pack.

Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

LR

Engel47 ( ) posted Sat, 08 May 2004 at 3:03 AM

file_108530.jpg

LonRanger - I just loaded the M3 Milennium beard, it conforms exactly and then I checked each body part - they each have tons of dials - so I really cannot explain the problem you are having. The head section does in fact have translate dials.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 08 May 2004 at 8:15 AM
Online Now!

Is the first figure M3 or Mike 3 to Mike 2? If it has an Upper neck it's the latter and the beard won't work with it - as far as conforming is concerned that's M2 with an M3-shaped head.

OReillyTX ( ) posted Sat, 08 May 2004 at 9:35 AM

I have Mike 3 and the beard too. It conforms very well mostly. Its just looks like its mis behaving in preview mode, its very hard to judge unless rendered.You also must use the material files in the pose library to load the desired color and style for it.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sat, 08 May 2004 at 1:18 PM

The problem you might be having is the multiple figures. Often times (to fight crosstalk etc) I do each figure seperately and then export them as a prop .. this works for figures that don't have to interact closely etc (grappling or sometimes swordfighting) you then have to fiddle with things that are transparant but they generally work well ... If the figure works in a scene by itself this may be what you having to fight with.

LonRanger ( ) posted Sat, 08 May 2004 at 3:13 PM

The problem IS with multiple figures. I already have one M3 figure in the scene. When I bring another M3 in and then try to give him (M3 #2) a beard, it is conformed to the face shape of M3 #1 (even though it is pasted on M3 #2's face).

And then when I open the mouth of M3 #2, the beard does not move with it, although when I move his head around, the beard DOES move.

Another bizarre side problem that I just discovered is that when I put the M3 Millennium Beard on M3 #1 and open his mouth, part of the inner mouth parts of M3 #2 start to move as well (a hole opens up under his jaw). This is very strange. Help!

PS - This is a very small detail, but I still contend that there are no translate dials under the HEAD section of the M3 Millennium Beard. There are scale dials though. The translate dials are always found at the very bottom of the dial column and are labeled X TRAN, Y TRAN and Z TRAN.

PPSS -- Importing a second figure in as a prop won't work for me because I need him fully functional, for a fight scene.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sat, 08 May 2004 at 4:31 PM

I think that is crosstalk from what you are describing in the majority and that creates a lot of problems .. Option a. Work with the figures individually and make a temporary CR2 for them and then hope or b. Export them as obj's afer working with them individally. You cna possibly work with null figures as well but I don't think it will work with as many figures as you are talking about. good luck

LonRanger ( ) posted Sun, 09 May 2004 at 12:18 AM

YEEHAAAA! I figured out a work-around. The problem was that if I had two M3 figures in a project and added the M3 Millennium Beard to the second figure, it would conform its shape to the first M3's face and wouldn't morph when I moved the second M3's facial features. It would have been simple enough to just put the beard on the first M3. But I couldn't do that because I already had a M3 in a scene that I had painstakingly integrated into the scene and it would have been a lot of work to recreate him and place him in the flow of the animation, soooo...

I created two versions of the project. In the first project, I removed the first M3 and then added another M3 and added the beard. Then I removed everything BUT the first M3 from the second identical project and then imported him into the first project and he took his place exactly where I needed him. But I did run into one last glitch -- after I brought the second M3 (the one without the beard) into the first project, all of a sudden, the head morphs for the bearded M3 wouldn't work anymore (although the beard did fit him perfectly). So I removed all the morphs and injected them again (in the bearded M3) and now everything works fine. OY!!! (heh...not sure if what I just said makes any sense to you, but that's how it happened)

I am looking forward to hearing from DAZ tech support this next week about this issue. It seems like a definite bug.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.