Wed, Sep 18, 12:50 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: The Renderosity "Extreme MarketPlace Makeover"

kbennett ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 5:38 PM · edited Mon, 16 September 2024 at 4:39 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/index.ez?viewStory=6517&AID=71

May 26, 2004

We are pleased to unveil the Renderosity "Extreme MarketPlace Makeover".

After 2 years with the same general MarketPlace design, we decided it was time to give the Renderosity MarketPlace a major "facelift".

See the "Before" and "After" shots and get the full story, including a money saving coupon for you to use when you shop in the new Renderosity MarketPlace. (But, you'll have to hurry, this is a limited time offer!) http://www.renderosity.com/index.ez?viewStory=6517&AID=71

Best wishes,
Lillian Hawkins
Renderosity Marketing & Promotions
"Accelerating the evolution of art!"

**** NOTE **** : The migration of products into the new layout is being done at this time and we expect to have it completed by 6:00pm server time.

Message edited on: 05/26/2004 17:40

Message edited on: 05/26/2004 17:41

bobcat574 ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 6:04 PM

Love the look, will this new style be applied to the entire site eventually?

Khai ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 6:11 PM

gawds I hope not!!!!! right now we can override the damn white (and save our eyes) but we can't on the marketplace...

FyreSpiryt ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 6:26 PM

OK, I give up. How the heck do I just see what's new? I don't want to, and do not intend to, sort through every single category.

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 6:37 PM

Won't be doing any shopping until they fix the store, coupon or NOT. I can't see a thing in my wishlist or purchases, please fix this!!!! Marque

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 6:38 PM

Can't use the shopping cart at all. Marque

unzipped ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 6:59 PM

So I'll say I like it - I don't really find it that different from what was there before. I don't seem to have any trouble accessing my wishlist/shoppingcart/purchases at all. I would have liked to have seen more subcategories myself - for instance in Top:3D Accessories:Poser:Sets & Props:Buildings it would be nice to have subcategories like fantasy, modern, sci-fi, asian, greecian,etc. Things like that. It's not that fun sifting through all the gothic buildings just to try and find JesterCGI's city creation set (which ends up on the last page) for example. Not that big a deal, and I realize categorization can be a tricky thing sometimes, but it would be an improvement. Unzipped PS. I suggested this in the questionaire about the reworking of the marketplace, so don't say I didn't say anything when it was under discussion.

Tunesy ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 7:04 PM

Hmm. Bout the only search I ever do in Marketplace is "What's New". Is it gone? I bet if they keep track of 'hits' that probably represents their highest traffic.

Jozz ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 7:18 PM

This is my first ever Renderosity complaint. This white background just doesn't work for my eyes, too much glare.

This will reduce my shopping/browsing in the marketplace.

My site colour preferences (with a dark background) should apply to the marketplace as well.

It's just logical that a harsh scheme such as this will not please all.

I think the old "Don't fix it if it's not broken" applies here.

PS: I hate white backgrounds, in case you had not guessed 8-)

galactron22 ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 7:31 PM

If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Ask me a question, and I'll give you an answer.

Georgous ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 7:59 PM

AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH My Eyes!My Eyes! I'm Blind I'M Blind!!!! Too much white'Dont like the catagories I want a whats new button.

pisaacs ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 8:00 PM

I must agree. This new approach is too confusing and too limiting. It was pleasurable to browse the new items every evening. Confronted by a mass of choices as to where I might look before seeing anything I'm off instead to Daz or Runtime or Poserworld or wherever. Instead of fooling around with "the look" just because it's 2 years old, how about making the rederosity servers work better (i.e. faster) so service is improved! Please, let's go back to the old marketplace. And, yes, the white is too bright for the small sales icons.

Kurgen_Grapix ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 8:03 PM

Shocking! Used to be able to log in selct whats new and see what i needed to see, cant find were to do this anywere now...Hate It!!

Gareee ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 8:40 PM

Ok, I read all the negative feedback,and had to go check for myself... You can only see what's new for a targetted catagory? I don;t want to hunt through four or 5 tiny text links, just to get to a section, to find out what's new in that section only! Suppose there's something I'm not really looking for I might want right away, but don;t see because I didn't search that specific catagory? And the white color isn't that bad, but I use a 1280x1024 desjtop.. pull that up, and look at it, guys. almost half my screen is blank white and the rest is very small text links. Nice try, but I think you really should have gotten customer feedback before converting to this. I think you'll find your sales are going to drop dramatically, because people can't just easily find "what's new" For new customers, it'll be fine, for returning customers, it'll be a mess.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Shoshanna ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 8:57 PM

You can use the New Products link on the sidebar to get to What's new for everything.

aodor ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 8:59 PM

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 THE GENERAL WHAT'S NEW BUTTON!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WAS MUCH EASIER TO BROWSE AND SELECT NEW ITEMS GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Gareee ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 9:01 PM · edited Wed, 26 May 2004 at 9:02 PM

file_110707.jpg

There is no sidebar link here.. this is what I see on the main marketplace page... See all the dead white space? most of the page is wasted here, and the text is very hard to read on the catagories.

Message edited on: 05/26/2004 21:02

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 9:02 PM

Shoshana .. The problem with that (at least on my end) is that there is no search, wishlist, history, categories etc like there used to be.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 9:03 PM

O wasn't even able to find that Gareee ... But I normally go to new products to look at the store and that seems really incomplete

Gareee ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 9:05 PM · edited Wed, 26 May 2004 at 9:05 PM

That's what I get when I just select marketplace at the top of the screen.

The only was you can find new products, is 2-3 catagory trees down.. then there's a what's new link, for only that catagory.

Message edited on: 05/26/2004 21:05

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 9:08 PM

I have always used the new products link that is two down from the marketplace button .. I have never clicked on the marketplace button until just now .. But the "New Products" link doesn't really give a functioning store at the moment. It used to though.

cherokee69 ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 9:24 PM

I hate the new look. When I went to the market place, I'd always click on What's New then the Poser What's New...can't do that now. When I'm looking for Poser stuff, I don't want to see everything available. Rosity, look at the negative comments here...you screwed up...again.

Shoshanna ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 9:32 PM · edited Wed, 26 May 2004 at 9:40 PM

The Store Staff are still working on the Makeover at the minute, so I think you can expect to find everything working again soon :-)

When I use the New Products link I get a page of thumbs of all the new stuff and if I click on a thumb it takes me to that items page with the usual buttons for adding it to cart and so on.
Is that what you get?

I also see the search functions, wishlist etc.. at the top of the page (you can see them in gareees image) and they all worked for me just now when I tested them, although I have trouble with the colours of the text in my cart & wishlist/history etc.. if I add an item. I have to highlight it to see what's it says, but all the information is still there.

They will be listening to everyones feedback, so once they have finished implementing all the changes, they may make a few more.
Shoshanna edited in the hope I've removed all the typos.

Message edited on: 05/26/2004 21:40

Dizzie ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 9:42 PM

10% off a $50 purchase.....another one of those useless coupons....

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 9:50 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12357&Form.ShowMessage=1795313

This is what I was seeing ... The lack of history or search etc is there. I also really hate the change from the background user color to the background store .. Basically it makes everyone use the default which makes it unreadable to me. But the lack of search etc is what really makes it useless

Ben_Dover ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 10:13 PM

I've read this thread and the other regarding the new marketplace and I figured it can't be all that bad so I went and checked it out myself. Those thumbnails are way too small for anyone who visits here, since just about eveyone here is using large screen resolutions. Bumping them up a notch or two would help, having like 27 per page is kind of nice. Advanced search? It's just the top of the main search menu, I was expecting a little more pizazz. I wish I had other things to bitch about but this was all that really bothered me. I guess I might get used to the rest. Then again, I might not. shrug I do wish they'd do away with the flash banners though, I got tired of "slap the monkey" types that bounce, jiggle and vibrate so when I reformatted my machine I just didn't reinstall flash. I miss a few flash menus that way but at least I don't have to look at banners that remind me of the good ol' "free internet provider" days.

Photopium ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 10:14 PM

Good lord, this is dreadful. Sorry, it just is. Who asked for this? Old way=Good. You click on MarketPlace, you hit "What's new" and you're browsing all happy and stuff. But this...this is just, well...wow...I feel a little bit hurt inside, like when McDonalds got rid of Filet O'Fish for a while for no apparent reason. This is the most Jar-Jar thing I've ever seen here. Please, take it back and wake me when it's over. -WTB

nickedshield ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 10:23 PM

What's new:::: Take a look at msg 19, 3d accessories. Note the > - symbol. Click on it and it takes you to a full product page. Then in the upper left is a What's New hyperlink. I personally liked the big buttons- I could see them.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

Gareee ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 10:29 PM

Yep, I didn;t even know that was a link to anything at all. I wonder how many other shoppers will also not know that that little arrow (about 1/8 inch on my 19 " screen) actually does something.

Veritas777 ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 11:04 PM

This was the title of my thread- but it was quickly deleted. So much for freedom of speech here! If that is such a horrible no-no thing to say- then WHY did Renderosity go to such extreme lengths to upset so many shoppers here? I was just getting ready to buy a whole bunch of stuff- but now I'm NOT. You can delete this TOO if you want, but you won't get my money!

Shoshanna ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 11:08 PM

Veritas777, your post was moved to the Market Place Customer Support forum as it was an issue between you and the store. We have enough threads in the Poser Forum about the market place and all additional ones will be moved to more appropriate forums. Shoshanna.

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 11:17 PM

i think you need to change the > link to a [all] or [show all] or [all in catagory] or something I noticed that if you hover over the > it will say "show all whatevers" but it appears people are missing that. and (unless i'm missing something) they seem to be sorted in order from newest by default when you use the > link.

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

camelot77 ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 11:25 PM

You folks at renderosity need to go back to the other marketplace, this new version is a terrible concept, its really bad, I wanted to sell my product here but now I am having doubts.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 11:32 PM

My resolution is the same as Garee's. Too much dead white space for these old eyes. :( I couldn't stay on the page long enough to hunt down my wish list... and certainly not go hunting for a > sign to click on. If our default colors transferred to the store, those people who like black text on white can enjoy it and those of us who prefer lighter text on a dark non-glare ground can have what we want. Using the customer's preferred state everywhere might not be that hard? It's already used in the galleries and in the forums. Another advantage is that the site appearance will be unified no matter where on site the artist is browsing. Carolly

xombie ( ) posted Wed, 26 May 2004 at 11:37 PM

Give the Marketplace a "facelift" solely because its been two years since you've done a revamp??? Give me a break. Who was asking for this? If you ask me, Renderosity should be giving the coupons to the poor shmucks who had the bad luck to put up their new products right after this redesign went into effect. How many eyeballs did this needlessly complex new look cost them? From the look of the feedback, hundreds and maybe thousands of users were unable to figure out how to get to the What's New section. By the time it is fixed, alas, their products will be buried on page 6.

SnowSultan ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 12:15 AM

I don't like the white background either, but I hardly see the sort of changes that should cause members to boycott the store. Give them a couple of days to straighten things out please. SnowS

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

Lawndart ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 1:34 AM

Once I learned about the > icon it all started making sense to me. I am liking it now. I feel like I got my control back. Whew that was stressful for a while. Once the white background thing is taken care of I'll be diggin it.

xoconostle ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 1:36 AM

Yeah, I missed the > at first too. Thanks to those who made this clear.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 1:39 AM

What's worse is the purchase screens. Since this new colour scheme apparently override our personal settings, it is now totally impossible to see your wishlist and/or purchases made. How the %"% am I supposed to find anything on this page?!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 1:44 AM

Oh and another thing I just discovered. Ther's no EASY way to get back the the "rest" of Renderosity once you're landed on the market.renderosity.com server. Even the logo will only take you back to the Store Front page, not the the Main front page of Renderosity. And without the sidebar it's pretty hard to get back to for instance this forum (or any other forum for that matter)

Or is there another tiny > I've overlooked?

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

elizabyte ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 1:49 AM

The Store Staff are still working on the Makeover at the minute, so I think you can expect to find everything working again soon Doesn't Renderosity have a test server to run this stuff on before launching onto a working website? bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 2:27 AM

Gads! I was in shock when I went to make a purchase... I couldn't read white text on a white background...! I am delaying my purchases until I can see what I am ordering! -AniMajik

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

AlteredKitty ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 2:45 AM

I'm not aginst change per se, but sorry, definitely not loving this either.

ali x

My Renderosity Store

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 3:32 AM

So the new look is quite well liked then?

danidh ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 5:37 AM

I don't think it's well liked at all. You would have to ghost the newstory page because they are deleting the unsatisfied (and helpful) comments almost as soon as they are posted. I also cannot see my purchases or what's in the cart due to forced color changes. A very unhappy customer here.

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 6:26 AM

I was joking about the new look being well liked.

Simderella ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 6:50 AM · edited Thu, 27 May 2004 at 6:52 AM

well its been said before, but this is just awful... the place looks a mess and very unprofessional.. It now looks like a very cheap site, very user un-friendly.

It might be improved if we had more control over the colour scheme...

Sorry to keep harping on, but i really miss the old way, it was easy and conveinent.. now its a headache.

The missing side bar makes getting back to anywhere like fighting your way out of a maze.. I give up (maybe to fast) and go elsewhere.... shrug yes, i noticed the front page story and the comments.. why bother to have a comment box if they are only allowing the more positive posts to go through... ah well... there are other poser MP's

Message edited on: 05/27/2004 06:52

My Gallery

pisaacs ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 7:54 AM

Will there be a response from Ms. Hawkins?

Dale B ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 8:20 AM

=Definitely= not friendly to anyone with impaired vision. And probably destined to be linked to among the 'How NOT to Design A Website' crowd. Going from 1 global view from the top of a category to having to check 14 seperate categories, -just- to see if there are new items? I realize that this follows the current stupidity that business school marketing hacks are extolling, but there is a serious consumer backlash building, as well. People want simplicity. The old marketplace was stable, easy to access, easy to navigate, easy to configure for those who have impaired vision of various types... Change for the sake of change, without good reason, is usually bad for business....

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 8:28 AM · edited Thu, 27 May 2004 at 8:31 AM

there is a work-around for those that can't read their text

ctrl + a

it will highlight the text and you will be able to read it.
I learned this on the finges of the internet where sites are poorly designed and poorly maintained (missing background images or images that make it hard to read)

It needs some tweeking, but I like it.

Message edited on: 05/27/2004 08:31

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

pisaacs ( ) posted Thu, 27 May 2004 at 8:31 AM

T.G. for a return to simplicity if it's really something that's going to happen. Too many choices lead to too many headaches! (e.g. phone services, gas services & electricity, etc.) What I don't understand is how this change comes about w/o at least some kind of outside imput.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.