Sun, Sep 22, 10:16 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: A question from a newbie:

Bryghtness ( ) posted Mon, 16 October 2000 at 6:34 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 8:30 AM

OK, I exploded that sphere (hehe, what a warmaniac!) with the "explode" modifier, but I want to make the pieces bouncing off from the surrounding meshes, for example, floor. How to do that? Do I have to apply the Physics?

ClintH ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2000 at 6:46 AM

Hi Bryghtness, (Like the name)..Yea, Using the Physics would be the way to go, to the best of my knowledge. I havent used the physics option at all. But it sounds like the right approach. Best of luck and I hope to see more postings from you down the road. Regards, Clint Hawkin-Z GraF-X Carrara, Ray Dream, Poser Figures and 3D Add-Ons. Blinksm.gifCreepyHandPromoAnim.gif

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Bryghtness ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2000 at 8:16 PM

10x, Clint, I tried Physics but still I can't make the pieces to bounce from the meshes around. I applied Physics to the mesh I explode and to the surrounding meshes, but I can't reach the result I want. The pieces just sink/pass through the surrounding meshes. can anyone help? or my english is too bad?

keithw ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2000 at 9:12 PM

Bryghtness, Do you have the Collision Detection turned on?

Bryghtness ( ) posted Tue, 17 October 2000 at 10:37 PM

ahhmmmmm... don't forget you're talkin' to a newbie... Let's see... I've checked only "Collide with other objects" box. Where is this Collision Detection (excuse me for the stupid question)?

willf ( ) posted Wed, 18 October 2000 at 12:59 AM

The Particle system is supposed to support collisions and susiquent spawning of particles (if it works in Carrara as it did in Infini-D). You would be better-off to try that fot the effect you'r looking for. Perhaps you could start with the sphere explosion & add the particle emmiters at the points where the explode deformer falls off.

Bryghtness ( ) posted Thu, 19 October 2000 at 6:50 AM

yes, first time I made it this way (mixing Particle Emiter & pieces) ok, I'll do it that way, thank you. :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.