Wed, Sep 25, 5:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 1:55 am)

Subject: On the lookout - Furrette v2

libernull ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2004 at 3:42 PM · edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 5:28 AM

Been following the Furrette v2 threads, but seem to have lost them. So, I wanted to bring it closer to the top again and let Little Dragon know that I, for one, am eagerly anticipating Furrette v2's release :)

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2004 at 3:59 PM

I'm shoving her out the door with suitcase in hand now. Expect further developments in this train-wreck of a release later tonight. It'll all come to tears, mark my words ....

Here's another preview pic:
f2ffjumpsuit_preview.jpg

By the way, as of last count, she had over fifty head morphs, including canine and feline muzzle-shapes.

TygerCub ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2004 at 4:06 PM

WoW! With all that blood, sweat & tears under your belt, would you be willing to do a Furrdude too? Girlfriends are nice, but sometimes a gal wants a little input too.

libernull ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2004 at 4:11 PM

Wonderful, wonderful news, LD. And, I'll suffer through the tears cuz she definitely looks worth it. To say I am sitting here refreshing again and again and again, frothing at the mouth is an understatement ;)

shogakusha ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2004 at 4:23 PM

LD, she looks fantastic, outfit and all. Fear not, she is probably one of the most anticipated releases in a long time. Dare I say she may even challenge G.I.R.L.? Waiting with baited breath. Shogakusha

libernull ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2004 at 4:31 PM

You can say it. :) Hell, I have definitely been more excited about Furrette v2 than I have just about any other model.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2004 at 4:54 PM

You may dare to say it, Shogakusha, but I doubt it's going to happen.

TygerCub:

Furraldo is in development. He'll be a separate male figure this time, not just a gender morph for Furrette.

All clothing items have matching body morphs:
f2cupsizes.gif

libernull ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2004 at 5:06 PM

Awesome news about the morphs, LD. Nothing is a bigger let down than clothing with no matching morphs. :) Please let us know when she is available.

lhiannan ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2004 at 5:07 PM

As I'm sure you know, I've been eagerly awaiting her release more than any recent model, and not just because she's free. Excitably, Lhiannan

MoonRose ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2004 at 5:25 PM

i've been waiting for the release since i 1st heard about it looks wonderful :)

SpottedKitty ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2004 at 5:30 PM

A "Winger" body morph?

<ker-boing>

You just blew the dial on my boggle-o-meter... =)

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2004 at 5:51 PM · edited Wed, 01 September 2004 at 5:52 PM

cough Upper body only. I admire the man's artistic skills, but I'm not into herms.

Message edited on: 09/01/2004 17:52

KumikoNatashi ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2004 at 6:13 PM

Did I read this right? Furrette 2 is being released VERY soon? Sehr Gut, Ich muss sie haben! i can't speak for others, but I for one have eagerly awaited her arrival. ( Yes, even more so then The G.I.R.L. ) :) She looks Great! Veilen Dank, Domo Arigato, Grazie, ummm,...Thanks!

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2004 at 8:05 PM

With "baited" breath? What sort of bait may I ask? (I'm visualizing folks sitting in from of their computers with small rodents dangling from their teeth, but fish would perhaps do as well. Frrrrresh fish!) :)=

shogakusha ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2004 at 8:12 PM

I suppose sushi might work. I was thinking the universal lure of cheese!

libernull ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2004 at 8:19 PM

I always thought the term 'waiting with baited breath' was an abbreviation of 'waiting with abated breath'? eg, holding one's breath in anticipation? Anyway - my breath is abated, and baited, and held. ;)

darken666 ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2004 at 8:28 PM

I've just got a couble questions. Does she have a mouse headmorph? And can she be made chubby? She looks great and I can't wait for the release. :)

wandrinminstrl ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2004 at 8:43 PM

Wow... I came here to look for her..and am glad to see I am not the only one eager for her.. she has developed quite a following..

xoconostle ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2004 at 9:15 PM

Totally wonderful work, LD, I don't know why you're being so hard on yourself, unless you meant it'll come to tears of joy. :-)

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 01 September 2004 at 10:14 PM

mebbe my grasp of anatomy is off. but wouldn't there be multiple breasteses?..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2004 at 1:17 AM

Pakled, care to design the underwear for that?

hauksdottir ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2004 at 2:10 AM

There is a morph for 6 breasts (Posette?), which I'd like to see on a furry (where it would be logical), but I don't think even Frederick's of Hollywood could design a bra for that!

bwldrd ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2004 at 2:51 AM

Another somebody waiting in anticipation. Multiple breasteses pakled?? Sheesh with that winger morph on multiples, she'd have to have someone move her about in wheelbarrow. Lol.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Consider me insane if you wish, but is your reality any better?

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2004 at 6:34 AM

I just curious if her head can be scaled up a little.. it looks a tad small in the recently posted images.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

freyfaxi ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2004 at 6:55 AM

Looking great...along with many, many others, I'm eagerly awaiting her appearance on stage :)

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2004 at 7:18 AM

When I've used the Lemurtek lion and tiger-based figures, I've found a slightly larger head does make a huge difference. It's just a case of tweaking the parameters. Do the X, Y, and Z scales independently for best results. But make a note of the figures for if you need to adjyst a hat or hair. (Yes, this does mean I have a big head)

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2004 at 7:40 AM

Only thing is, sometimes increasing head size can also mean Joint problems.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2004 at 11:46 AM

Had to attend to other matters, but I've just finished assembling the first clothing pack. Nine clothing items, 50 files, zipped down to 2.09MB. Not much in the way of textures, I'm afraid; perhaps some of the talented texture artists here in the community will be inspired.

Does she have a mouse headmorph? And can she be made chubby?

No chubby morphs yet, although she does have a pregnancy morph. With her ear-, eye-, and muzzle-shaping morphs, you could probably produce something that fits your definition of mouselike with a little effort. I did include a rodent-teeth morph.

I just curious if her head can be scaled up a little.. it looks a tad small in the recently posted images.

Her head size hasn't changed since I started posting preview pics. It's a bit smoother and more streamlined than the original Furrette, but still the same size.

In answer to your question, however, the head scales up quite nicely. The eyes and whiskers would require matching scale values (copy-and-paste), but otherwise scale up perfectly with the head. The ears, unfortunately, do not scale up well, and scaling parameters are the final element of the Joint Editor that I have yet to master. I haven't been able to fix them yet.

Packing up the first textures sets and MAT poses now.

Lyrra ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2004 at 1:24 PM

well I have every intention of making some bodymorph sets as soon as I get my paws on her. I saved my magnets from making Judy's Shape of A Woman morphs ... I can now cause anorexia and obesity in all poser figures very quickly lol perhaps a headbigger morph would solve the scaling issue? and I nearly spat out my soda when I saw the name of the large breast morph snerk And I think you can reasonably relay on the poser furry community to errr .. finish the work when Furraldo2 comes along ... if nothing else we could steal Michael3's equipment :) Lyrra

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2004 at 1:28 PM

I can easily manage a head scale morphs, with the eyes included as well. I'm not sure about the ears, but I managed to scale them on the power pixie, so I don't think fuurette 2 will be a problem..

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2004 at 1:42 PM

As, I suppose, a member of the poser furry community, I'm admitting nothing. But at least I kniow why I sometimes collapse into fits of helpless giggling at some of the images which get produced.

KumikoNatashi ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2004 at 2:44 PM

Just one question, What date will she appear in free stuff? I need to know so I can quit hitting my refresh button. :)

libernull ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2004 at 2:47 PM

Hahahaha - yes KumikoNatashi, I've been doing the same thing since yesterday. :) I simply cannot wait, I'm so excited about this model.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2004 at 3:00 PM

Textures? It depends upon how she feels about... paisley. The jogging suit with little people footprints is a natural as is some sort of space-lounging suit. But I've been dreaming in paisley and that is what is most likely to come out at 4 a.m. when I'm not watching my fingers closely enough. Carolly

Jade_wolf ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2004 at 5:17 PM

I am most definately eagerly awaiting this release, LD. I've got a large number of pic ideas that she will be just perfect for. Almost there... the waiting is now the really hard part. =grins=

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2004 at 8:08 PM

Last-minute addenda:

I somehow left out the claw morphs in the base package, although oddly enough the ERC control dials are present. Patching them in now.

I also discovered a problem with one of the utility poses. The zero pose creates an effect not unlike a bad transporter accident. However, I believe I've identified the cause.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2004 at 10:29 PM

A bad transporter accident? We saw that in the first Trek movie, IIRC. :( We'll wait! Really!!

KumikoNatashi ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2004 at 10:52 PM

Hmm, transporter accident,,,. Do you mean like the one Hauksdottir mentioned? That would be bad. Or do you mean like the one that created two Kirks. THAT could be interesting. :) I'll be patient, Just in case you mean the first. :) (maybe a Tuvex type? Nah)

Lyrra ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2004 at 11:05 PM

speaking of 2 kirks shudder I presume you've built in crosstalk prevention in erc and such?

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2004 at 11:08 PM

More along the lines of the first Trek film. I don't think I'll post a pic of the unsightly results. Besides, I've already fixed it.

Also discovered that one of the pbm morphs wasn't responding to its master dial, and had to paste in the missing ERC code. One thing after another ....

F2Library01.jpg

My 'net connection seems to be particularly sluggish today. I hope that clears up soon, or it'll take me forever to upload all this stuff.

libernull ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2004 at 11:17 PM

So, is this officially a Furrette 2 release party yet? Cuz, I brought cheeze, crackers and mountain dew...

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 02 September 2004 at 11:39 PM

My idea of crosstalk prevention is Poser 5, Lyrra.

How does one go about "building it in"? A null figure, like those developed by rbtwhiz? An easily-changed prefix, as Ajax suggests in his EasyPose products?

Lyrra ( ) posted Fri, 03 September 2004 at 12:55 AM

ok ..paraphrasing snippets from Bloodsong's excellent book, without in any way plagiarising.... to avoid cross talk with other figures with same-named morphs (like Tone on M3 and V3) you need to make one figure's morphs (not the dial, the internal name) to be different from any other figures morph's internal name. Or in other words if Tone on M3 calls morphs named 'tone' make your other figures morphs named 'tone z' internally and all will behave properly. Hopefully. Unless you use ERC...uh... To avoid cross talk with duplicate copies of a figure can only currently be done by loading a 'null' figure like the Universal Null by Bloodsong or the Millenium Null by Nerd(for figures using ERC) first and then loading your two figures. Or using poser5. Er .. as far as we know currently ... So I guess what I was mostly asking is 'did you give the morphs unique internal names that other commonly used figures don't have?' :) not that its a big deal .. I guess we all know about loading Null figures first nowadays.. right ahem (looks around) right? Lyrra ps .. yes I looked it up in the book ... thank ye gods for excellent indexing

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 03 September 2004 at 2:09 AM

Fairly unique. The current version of Furrette 2.0 doesn't actually have that many full-body or ERC-controlled morphs. Here's the complete list:

ClawsRetract
ClawsLarge
Otter
Pregnant
HipsSlim
BreastsSmall
BreastsLarge
BigToes
TailBroad
TailHeavy
TailFluffy
TailTaper
OpenLips
EarsBaseWide
EarsRound
EarsLong
EarsLarge
EarsPointy

The seventeen-segment tail is EasyPosed, and the eyes have some ERC rigging to function better with certain morphs (blinking, EyesSmall, Otter, etc.).

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 03 September 2004 at 2:15 AM

file_126270.jpg

Speaking of transporter accidents .....

KumikoNatashi ( ) posted Fri, 03 September 2004 at 11:51 AM

I might be able to find a use for that "Transporter accident",. Thinking.... Thinking.... Thinking... Hindu! So, does she have an elephant morph? :)

shogakusha ( ) posted Fri, 03 September 2004 at 12:24 PM

NOw, if we could get that 6-breasted morph, we could have a snazzy render of Furrette covering her breasts!

SpottedKitty ( ) posted Fri, 03 September 2004 at 3:32 PM

"Forewarned is half an octopus" — LD, she's a couple of arms short.... =) On the... er... "alternative sixpack" question, would the torso mesh even support the extras without becoming all chunky and square-edged?

libernull ( ) posted Fri, 03 September 2004 at 3:38 PM

Well - I finally stopped refreshing every 20 minutes. Now its down to about every hour or so. hehe. LD - I remember the first promo image showed her with digitigrade legs - these promos show plantagrade. Is she capable of both? (and do you have an estimate on when she'll be available?)

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 03 September 2004 at 5:58 PM

She'll be released later tonight, I think. Check in around midnight. I currently have about half the files uploaded.

Here are some test renders of the Ziggy hair, which I'm packing up now:

f2ziggyhair_preview23.jpg
(No postwork other than compositing the two images together.)

The digitigrade version may be released in October. Several support files must be modified, the clothing packs will have to be updated, the Walk Designer will need new blend styles, etc. Much to do.

.... would the torso mesh even support the extras without becoming all chunky and square-edged?

She has a fair number of polys in that region, but no, there aren't really enough to pull off the effect properly.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Fri, 03 September 2004 at 6:06 PM

Thinking... Hindu!

So, does she have an elephant morph? :)

"Mister Homer Simpson, sir, please do not offer my god a peanut."

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.