Mon, Sep 9, 4:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 04 4:56 pm)

Subject: Poser to Vue 4, character deforming issue. :( (nudity)

Calseeor ( ) posted Sun, 05 September 2004 at 4:15 PM · edited Tue, 30 July 2024 at 7:57 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_127077.jpg

Hello all, I am having a real issue with some poser 5 files. Seems when I import this character, a few things happen. 1) Her breasts get even larger then I made them. 2) Her thong disappears (it is actually inside her..I think her leg/butt got bigger) 3) Her legs stick out of her boots. As you can see from the attached files, when in Poser, she is perfect (poser image is on the right, Vue on the left) The character is V3, with Wyrmmasters Veronica Vixxxen morph pack. I used the pack to alter her clothing as well (which looks great in poser). I am sure it must be something to do with these deformers I am using, but I am not sure how or IF it can be fixed. I am using a P4 2.2 gig machine with Win XP Pro. My software versions are: Vue 4.22-02 Poser 5.0.2.081 Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks, --Eryk

FrenchKiss ( ) posted Sun, 05 September 2004 at 4:20 PM

Unfortunately some things do not import properly from Poser 5. I believe it's possible to import her correctly if you save her as an OBJ file in Poser and then import that file into Vue instead of the PZ3. But not too sure if that works 100% of the time or not. No harm in trying. ;-)

Calseeor ( ) posted Sun, 05 September 2004 at 4:50 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_127078.jpg

Thanks for the idea. It worked for those issues, but it altered other things, such as the transparencies on the top, and her overall skin texture, and her eye texture and the way the hair looks. :( Any other ideas? this almost worked. :) Thanks for your help FrenchKiss.

Dale B ( ) posted Sun, 05 September 2004 at 10:04 PM

All you need to do is go into the materials editor and change the transparency settings (for a Poser .obj import, it's usually just turning the thing on). The issue with the eye is that many of the newer Poser models have a second eye sphere that is made transparent, so that in Poser it acts as the liquid relfectivity of the normal eye. All you have to do there locate which eye sphere is the outer one, and assign it one of Vue's glass materials; the actual eye texture is on the sphere beneath the outer one. Another alternative is to go into Poser, and spawn a morph target from the magnet modified mesh. Save it, then add it to the proper part of the character. This way you actually modify the mesh, and that -will- be recognized by Vue.

FrenchKiss ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2004 at 12:14 AM

Now I didn't know that, Dale! Cool! Will have to try it.

Calseeor ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2004 at 8:23 AM

ohhhh....cool stuff there Dale, thanks! I have never made a morph target before but will look into how to do that. If that could solve my problems, I'd be a happy poser camper. :) Thanks much. --Eryk

Orio ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2004 at 9:28 AM

there is also a shortcut, less elegant, non-technical, but it'll work: 1- import the poser 5 file in Vue 2- forget about the look of geometry and save the materials that you wish to keep in the material browser 3- delete object 4- export-load obj into vue and drag-drop materials from the browser to replace those that you don't like in the obj Orio p.s. if you have daz studio installed you can pass through it and take advantage of its obj grouping functions - I believe it exports a more "tidy" obj file than poser

Phantast ( ) posted Mon, 06 September 2004 at 9:44 AM · edited Mon, 06 September 2004 at 9:46 AM

The obj problem is not with Vue but with Poser. The material information for an obj is saved in the mtl file, but Poser only knows a small subset of mtl code.

If Vue fouls up the pz3 import and you have to go to obj files, you are much in the same situation as if you were using Bryce. Hence you can use the free Grouper program from www.castironflamingo.com which organizes Poser obj files into sensible mesh groupings.

Either in Bryce or Vue, saving key materials is the key to making life easier, as Orio said.

I've noticed another problem, which is that Vue ignores Poser reflection maps. This is why what you intended to be leather (top right) has come out mirrored (top left). Annoying.

One thing that seems clear is that when planning a project with Vue, you have to check right at the start that everything you intend bringing in from Poser is going to come in OK.

Message edited on: 09/06/2004 09:46

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.