Sun, Sep 22, 10:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Interesting update on PRO-RENDER

draculaz ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2004 at 6:06 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 10:29 AM

Attached Link: http://www.pumeco.org

AS is welcome to tear me a new one, all I've done is stumble onto a site about it. *shrug* //////////////////////////////////////////////////////// If you've arrived here from a graphics based link, welcome to the home of PRO-RENDER. After seeing the recent posts (173 onwards) in the main PRO-RENDER thread on Renderosity... http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1822731 ...there appears to be some confusion as to whether PRO-RENDER has been discontinued or not. The confusion is perhaps due to the fact that my last post on the matter was removed along with a thread. Because of this, many are unaware of the current situation. From a business point of view, PRO-RENDER stands little or no chance of being accepted by the Bryce community. There are far too many people who unfortunately, are unwilling to accept that pumeco has discovered a balance/synchronisation method that others are unaware of. This is unfortunate, because in view of this, pumeco is not prepared to supply bandwidth at it's cost, simply to provide those people with something to rip apart and lay claim to - it's not going to happen. From a more personal point of view, I'm pleased that I'm finally free of the marketing conduct of restraint. My responses to the negative posts against pumeco and PRO-RENDER have, until recently, been very tame in the forums. This had to be done because PRO-RENDER was part of a marketing project, where every response was analysed by marketing professionals. However, PRO-RENDER is no longer part of that project, so it's effectively returned to me as a personal project. I've decided not to discontinue, it would be unfair to those who want to learn and use the PRO-RENDER method. The free edition of PRO-RENDER will be dropped. The commercial edition of PRO-RENDER-XTREME will be renamed as PRO-RENDER, and it's specifications will change. PRO-RENDER will be released commercially to pay for the bandwidth used by free downloadable products that will appear on this website. I've started work on a new manual. I've decided not to use the format of manual I'd written so far, and deleted it. It was starting to sound too technical, and that's not what I wanted. The new manual will be much shorter and to the point, more pictures, less text, and easier to follow for beginners. Because the new manual will be much shorter and more basic, it won't be long before it's completed. PRO-RENDER is no longer part of a marketing project, so other than basic announcements, it will not be marketed in the forums. This website officially opens in October 2004.

Mahray ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2004 at 7:19 PM · edited Fri, 17 September 2004 at 7:20 PM

Hmm... Edit- Clicked on the link, and all I got was: Warning: mysql_result(): Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 3 in /data/www/sites/forwards.freezone.co.uk/standard/index.php on line 11 So another Hmmm....

Message edited on: 09/17/2004 19:20

Come visit us at RenderGods.

Ignore the shooty dog thing.

draculaz ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2004 at 7:29 PM

interesting. it was right there like 2 hours before.

thuleke ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2004 at 7:45 PM

1.pro-render is commercial 2.pro-render is free 3.pro-render is commercial and...the Catedral image: 8 days... Pro render?.....mmmmmm

Mahray ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2004 at 7:51 PM

Not mmmmmm, Hmmm.... !!!

PJF ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2004 at 8:45 PM

http://www.pumeco.com/Graphics.html

Ornlu ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2004 at 9:09 PM · edited Fri, 17 September 2004 at 9:11 PM

From the looks of it, pro-render is a show following all my children on daytime television... I'm tired of the soap-opera feel of this 'discovery' that someone is too infatuated with to share the basics of... a "syncronicity" ??? wtf? It's bryce, there are only so many options. Unless it's an alteration of the bryce rendering engine, it's NOTHING that we haven't seen before... TA renders done at a higher resolution than the final print.. No grain etc... 8 days though? I rendered it in 1 hour at a higher resolution no doubt.. Nothing about an 8 day render sound like a 'pro' to me...

This whole topic is a con and really needs to be ignored completely. By the way, I released an article to renderosity a while back concerning achieving the exact same results, as well as hdri imaging, TA explainations etc.. but without all the hype... I don't get this at all.

Message edited on: 09/17/2004 21:11

shadowdragonlord ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2004 at 9:41 PM

Aye, I'd rather focus on new ways to make things happen with what we have. At this point I feel like there aren't too many secrets left in Bryce for me, only slave labor getting my images to actually MEAN something to me. Boolean construction, and all the goddamn tree-placing adventures, they are simply tedious. I'd rather work towards new ways to do this kind of stuff than banter forever about hypothetical dream-rendering. But, to each his own. Everyone wants to feel special, I suppose.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2004 at 10:08 PM

If this is his idea of marketing.....well I'd say he failed. As Donald Trump would say "You are fired".

thuleke ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2004 at 10:24 PM

@ornlu: "By the way, I released an article to renderosity a while back concerning achieving the exact same results, as well as hdri imaging, TA explainations etc.. but without all the hype... I don't get this at all." Could you send me the link? thanks

foleypro ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2004 at 11:19 PM

it starts once again....

Mahray ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2004 at 11:24 PM

Foleypro - People being people, it never stops.

scotttucker3d ( ) posted Fri, 17 September 2004 at 11:49 PM

1.pro-render is commercial 2.pro-render is free 3.pro-render is commercial wow! As decisive as John Kerry. LOL!

electroglyph ( ) posted Sat, 18 September 2004 at 12:00 AM

He's doing business as pumeco from a MailBoxes etc. in Washington State Pumeco=Ren and Stimpy=Nickelodeon=Viacom=trademark infringement Seth Lapidow Vice President, Senior Counsel/Litigation Viacom 1515 Broadway New York, NY 10036 Phone: 212-258-6000 Fax: 212-258-6464 There will be a smoking hole where he used to be come Monday. Now can we stop cluttering up the newsgroups?

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 18 September 2004 at 12:04 AM

Glad to see there is finally a page up that we can all see. (maybe its just me that's now seeing it?) (I'm behind on the times) Hope that Pro Render will be available one day, free or not (as I have said before) If its something that can make Bryce better, all the better. "This is unfortunate, because in view of this, pumeco is not prepared to supply bandwidth" As I have told Pumeco in the past, if they ever need some page hosting, I would be MORE than glad to host their content in the backroom. I'll be awating Oct. 2004! AgentSmith

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

xenic101 ( ) posted Sat, 18 September 2004 at 12:09 AM

HI! So, that scene file, the sky settings and mat were about 99% PRO-RENDER? I'm about ready to post the damn things. I'm finding myself offended by someone's condecending attitude. Good grief give the settings to Ornlu, with his know how and renderfarm, he could be an expert in 24 hours and have the manual ready by monday. I played with it for a while, still playing, but it takes to long to see any difference when I change a setting. Saw his 'updated' site the other day, kinda curious as to whats going on with the new musical technology he's discovered. I'm done. I'm not done, No we can't stop cluttering up the newsgroup, thats why they're here, to allow the free and open exchange of ideas and opinions. (As long as they don't violate the TOS or imply a contest or some other stuff.) Now I'm done.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 18 September 2004 at 12:12 AM

newsgroups? ??

Kemal ( ) posted Sat, 18 September 2004 at 12:15 AM

Look, it's AS, where U been, man ??? :)

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 18 September 2004 at 12:19 AM

Beta-testing the new Bryce brain synapsis mind thought control helmet for DAZ. AS

Ornlu ( ) posted Sat, 18 September 2004 at 12:28 AM

@Theluke - It's in rrosity magazine issue 6 I think.

thuleke ( ) posted Sat, 18 September 2004 at 12:43 AM

thank ornlu

electroglyph ( ) posted Sat, 18 September 2004 at 12:57 AM

Sorry I meant forums I'm in alt.binaries.3d.bryce at the same time. It was the first place I saw Creepy Clown. I'm just tired of all the drama over this product that I still haven't seen. Please call me back in Oct with.... something. Now I'm done.

xenic101 ( ) posted Sat, 18 September 2004 at 1:11 AM

I was quoting elctroglyph when I said newsgroups. I'm tired of not knowing how it's done. I have the settings to get close enough to PRO-RENDER, I just can't figure out how to change them for less ambience, reflectivity and such. I'm interested in FLESH-BASE or whatever he calls it, I think I have the right idea, but I don't have the time or knowledge to get the settings just right. I lied when I said I'm done. Better watch out AS was gone for a few days, now he's checking posts for syntax. xenic101 checks the TOS for a syntax violation clause

pogmahone ( ) posted Sat, 18 September 2004 at 2:06 AM

You're the meanest bunch of $%$%ing %$$%ers that I ever came across. Somebody posted with great enthusiasm that he was developing something new for Bryce, and you ripped him to shreds, and gave him no support or positive encouragement. Now that he's given up you're saying "I knew it was a scam all the time". Well, maybe it was a self-fulfilling prophecy? If I was working on something and kept getting negative feedback I'd give up as well. AND I don't think it's fair, since he's decided to withdraw from the cattiness of the Bryce forum, that the bitching is starting up again anyway. If you don't want ProRender, then stop being so bloody small-minded, and leave him alone to get on with it or not as he pleases. If you're not interested, why keep picking away?

AgentSmith ( ) posted Sat, 18 September 2004 at 2:08 AM

enough. yet again...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.