Thu, Oct 3, 2:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Once Again But Never Really Resolved....

StolenHeart20 ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2004 at 8:21 PM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 2:28 PM

I need a what decent Poser5 Animations to either 3D Max 6 ....not 5.0 not 4.0 but to (6.0) or Cinema 4D (8.0/8.2) ....not 8.5 or 7.x ... After all these years I cant believe we have to depend on exporting to .obj I have looked into Reiss and thats Green(something) programs it sucks how bad im stuck with the things i wanna do cuz of this and Boning a poser figure is not good enough i spent days trying that and no matter how much i tried the bending of everthing was all wrong.. and totally sucks.... i need serious help... if you still reading is that i wanted to make an animation where this female gets outta bed and goes to the window and she pushes the curtains open and the curtain is all dymanic and damn it ital all visual in my head i wish i can make it happen

Message edited on: 11/29/2004 20:22

ynsaen ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2004 at 8:46 PM

Other than those two, that's it. Prior to the release of Poser 5, CL made it clear they were not going to be developing in house plugin to port the platform to other programs. One could infer that this was done, at the time, due to the financial situation there, but has remained such because of the new viability of the Shade-Poser-Vue circuit. that said, there is someone developing an absolutely awesome looking program to port to Cinema4D that whomps butt over anything I've seen, but, um, I can't for the life of me remember which "kuro" it is 😊. and now that that is out of the way, um, can I ask why Poser 5 isn't being considered all by it's lonesome? It can do the scene as described itself.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

StolenHeart20 ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2004 at 9:17 PM

cuz everything else like the realism in the lighting and all its just something im going to say that im sure of i can get better and faster production of this vision but im going to do that i can in poser and the rest in cinema but it wont be animated but the part where she puches the curtains open

ynsaen ( ) posted Mon, 29 November 2004 at 9:33 PM

Poser 5 is capable of producing many of the same effects possible in other applications -- but it does take a lot more farting around with it to get there.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Tue, 30 November 2004 at 4:08 AM

Have you tried looking at GestureMax? It works with 3ds 6. Basically, what it does is it converts a figure from its original Poser rig to 3dsMax bones or Biped, does the skinning or physique modifications, translates all the materials (including transparency), and from there you can animate the character natively in Max. However, it's NOT a perfect translation. Some adjustments to the converted rig are still required. Perhaps that might help you with your goal, I don't know.

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 30 November 2004 at 7:02 PM

You could animate just the curtains opening in poser 5 and composite this into an animation done in cinema4d or whatever.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.