Thu, Sep 19, 3:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Developers

Welcome to the Developers Forum

(Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:02 am)

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Project Kaimira: Pt 3 The Next Stage Evolution

Seraphira ( ) posted Wed, 29 December 2004 at 11:19 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 3:35 PM

file_161387.jpg

Hey Everyone, I am back with lots of more updates, Sorry I'v been away for so long I'v been dealing with x-mas and family issues. But i am back once again, I'v been still working on kaimira project. I wanted to show you some new features and all more customisations then ever before. What is most constricting about make up? Have to buy more charatcher textures right? Not any more now. You can add and create you're own make up packs can use and mix in match with different skin textures from all packs and user created packs. See the image here, it shows you four layers that you can use as transmaps for eyeliner, and different cominations of eyeshadows with their own material zones for the eye area, lips and blush!. List of Areas can be customised and created in packs: Lips: Lip Liner, lipstick shade 1 "can used to for special lipstick effects that can fade into lipstick 2", lipstick 2. Blush: there is currently one layer can that be used for blush for both the cheek area and the chin. Eye Area: Eye liner, eyeshadow 1 and 2 "can be used for lids or other effects", eyeshadow 3 and 4 "can be used for more eyeshadow effects". These can layers to create different makeup effects. So many effects and cominations ranges in million different desired effects. Easy setup and removal for each makeup items, and it moves and morphs with kaimira for that seamless effect. I will be putting these layers together and adding materail zones and I will update more. XOXOXOX Seraphira I will update some more later on tonight.

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Wed, 29 December 2004 at 11:44 AM

Goodie, goodie! You're back with updates! claps hands

The3dZone ( ) posted Wed, 29 December 2004 at 12:30 PM

welcome back,can't wait to see more images of her. that makeup idea is pure genius! The3dZone

Funny YouTube video of the week - Bu De Bu Ai

guarie ( ) posted Wed, 29 December 2004 at 2:10 PM

Awesome Sera! That makeup functionality is so unique and the possibilities are enourmous! Looking forward to seeing more. :)

Seraphira ( ) posted Wed, 29 December 2004 at 2:15 PM

file_161388.jpg

thanks guys! :) here's some more, Here as you can see some areas are peaking out which I will fix. I will show u more on her body in a few mins. I wanted to show u the basics, I totally updated her body and hands. I am just doing some detailing of her legs, caifs, and then doing her feet. Then it will be the task of Uvmapping her and making her work in poser 4. Once these items are done. I will be working on textures, texture packs, morph packs. 100's of morphs. Of course people will have the basics like emotions and etc, so they aren't suck buying the other morph packs, just to provide an option that is there. If i could include the morphs in one pack i will. :) ahh so much needs to be done and so little time. here's another treat.

Xena ( ) posted Wed, 29 December 2004 at 7:29 PM

I sooo can't wait to do some serious ear piercing on this girl :) Double snugs, industrials, rooks, you name it, she's got the cartilage for it :D Can't you tell how excited I am? ;)

Seraphira ( ) posted Wed, 29 December 2004 at 10:54 PM

file_161389.jpg

hey everyone, Here's a few images to get every caught up to date. Please note that this is artistic nudity and it's not intending for sexual nature. This is purely the study of the human body. First i would like to show her hands and finger nails, it took me a good week to get her hands just so, I found the hands most of all where the most time consuming and hard to model. Specially for me because i have no depth preception, funny i still seem to manage with other peoples help and ideas and what area's i may need to fix. She still needs more tweaking yet. I want her to be just right. I rather work on her to the best of my ablity rather then a quick model that is shitty.

Seraphira ( ) posted Wed, 29 December 2004 at 11:00 PM

file_161390.jpg

xena, there will be more for u to do with kaimira, not just her ears, you can make labrets and when you want to show the labret's backing you can by using pull lip down and curl morphs to show the inside of her mouth, teeth, and gums. There's no more floating gums and teeth, everything is accurate as possible. Now with her nails are specially designed, trans maps that will show under neath the nail that will show the quick and nail bedding. This will ad more realism and more options to remove the nails completely by transmaps or morphs. The nails still needed to be adjusted on the sides and the thumb nail bed needs to be rounded.

Seraphira ( ) posted Wed, 29 December 2004 at 11:04 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_161391.jpg

The body: the body has been changed a bit, I fixed her hip, rib cage, her bum, and breasts. There's still some areas that still need to be fixed on the breast, shoulder, and collar bone, and the back of the neck and lower back.

Seraphira ( ) posted Wed, 29 December 2004 at 11:06 PM

file_161392.jpg

Now question for all of you? Would you like to see an extra option for transmaps layer for under the armpits, legs, and full area of the gentials to have hair transmaps? I love to hear ur imput. I will be putting in gental transmaps for sure. :)

Seraphira ( ) posted Wed, 29 December 2004 at 11:09 PM

file_161400.jpg

Here's a view of her gentails, which still is in the beta phase right now, as i am still working on it. You can start to see the detailing of the body. Thank you for looking I hope to start to work on her feet on monday. Sera -- Seraphira Studios

Xena ( ) posted Wed, 29 December 2004 at 11:13 PM

Yeah Sera, I'd been thinking about doing a proper labret (with backing) for her :) Plus some nifty lip webs :D I'm just really impressed with her ears rolls eyes It's unusual to see such good detailing.

Xena ( ) posted Wed, 29 December 2004 at 11:15 PM

Definately want underarm transmaps! Not every female on the planet shaves under there ;)

kobaltkween ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2004 at 2:47 AM

i think this sounds like somthing perfect for a "catsuit". well, more like a skinsuit. like the daz ones that are basically a subset of the figure's mesh. i think a real catsuit would still be a great piece of clothing (one with wrinkles, seams, spandex covered breasts, etc.) but it would be great if the figure could ship with some sort of 2nd skin that wouldn't have any other morphs or material zones. as simple as possible, just something to make it easier to make 2nd skin clothing and hair. my main request, either with the skinsuit or catsuit, would be a head cover that works as a full mask (eyes covered, ears, nose covered, mouth covered, etc.)

Simderella ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2004 at 5:51 AM

She's looking really good so far, I especially like the shape of her fingernails, they look a lot more like they should, the natural curve. Also i like the shape of her hip bone. The make up layering is a great idea (i am used to that in a sort of way, as the sims in sims 2 have a similar thing of layering on the face). I am looking forward to seeing more of this new character. She looks most promising indeed. I can't imagine the amount of work that must go into that. -S-

My Gallery

The3dZone ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2004 at 5:53 AM

Wow! that body is great,but the back view of the shoulders look a bit odd,I'm not sure what it is,maybe the roundness of them,but they look fine in the front view. but I am still highly impressed by this figure and I cant wait to see her completed :0) The3dZone

Funny YouTube video of the week - Bu De Bu Ai

Seraphira ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2004 at 5:57 AM

file_161401.jpg

hi codalt, I thought about doing a full catsuit like that, but it will be more realistic catsuit. :) plus all the morphs. I plan to work on Kai more today, I'll still be doing some work on her make-up layers to get them just right. :) I wanted to thank u guys for helping me and giveing me more insight. Sera

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2004 at 6:29 AM

Thanks for the update, Sera. It's really interesting to "watch"!

kobaltkween ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2004 at 9:00 AM

she is very beautifull so far. i love her hands and those fingernails. and a realistic catsuit would be absolutely lovely. just to ask, as this came up in the daz forums, if she has a stretch legs or arms morph, would it be possible to include this morph in the outfit? someone requested this, and someone else replied that it wasn't possible in clothing (which didn't make sense to me, but i don't make clothes, so i don't know how they're different from 3d people). this figure is going to be incredible. her texturing possibilities are going to be downright progressive. and i've got to second chuck- this is both exciting and educational to watch.

Giana ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2004 at 10:33 AM

i love her hands!! wonderful proportioning, and something that has always bugged me about the Mil characters [size & shape of hands and feet] also very much like the make-up idea... i asked Daz about the possibility of doing layering or something for the body on future models in regards to being about to apply tattoos at will via transmapping instead of having to muck with a texture within a graphics editor each time, but i never heard back from them [then again, i never really expected to...heh] sooo looking forward to seeing more of your progress on her :))

leather-guy ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2004 at 12:30 PM

!!!BkMrk!!!

dlfurman ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2004 at 1:45 PM

-*-

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

Starkdog ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2004 at 2:50 PM

Wow, Seraphira this looks great. Just out of curiousity, what 3d program are you using to create your model? How much time have you put into developing(modeling)Kaimira? I plan on eventually developing my own characters, and I am intrigued by your creation. Keep up the good work. -The Starkdog

mathman ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2004 at 4:16 PM

Looks fantastic. Would love to see her with her arms down. Hopefully she won't have the "macaroni shoulders" (armpits almost up to the shoulders) and "rag-doll arms" (like putty at the elbows) that have plagued V3 and M3.

Dave71 ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2004 at 5:12 PM

excellent.. very inventive ideas.. I love all the attention to the little details

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2004 at 8:24 PM

You've gotten my attention.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

Seraphira ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2004 at 9:39 PM

hi everyone! Giana, What a wonderful idea! What i will do is add a second layer to her body but her hands and feet and up to the neck, and i can put in materail zones in those sections so people can add different tattoos or whatever to those sections. It will be sort of like a second skin/catsuit. But I will be creating a realistic catsuit for her. Starkdog: I use 3d studio max 5.1 with brazil r/s 1.2. I'v been working on her now for 7 months. Modeling for a few months now. She's far from over though I hope to have her completely modeled by the end of next week. Then it will be the big task of uvmapping, and uvmapping with layers is very hard. Stark the planning process is the first step, 2 creating new ideas that others haven't done before. Like Kamira's layers. Think of the customer and how they want to customise you're model. Mathman: I totally agree with u. Unforantly i won't really know if she will have noodle arms :O I hope she doesn't have any. But i am glad u did say something though about it. it helps me to make kaimira better. So many idea's people have requested and useful information has been such a great help. Cobalt: using morphs to make the limbs longer all though i haven't tested that theory I am willing to try. I did model her arms and legs a bit longer then the orginal V3's stubby old legs. She does stand alot taller then V3 and M3 for that matter heh. My models are a bit bigger then daz models. but not overly though. Monday Night I will be posting more goodies for everyone. I thought of a few things when i was creating Kaimira. 1. To make her the most customizable 3D Figure in the 3D world. "a girl can Dream" ;) Wink. 2. try to be more realistic and add more options. 3. Doing the things I wish other models didn't have or options. :) I hope u like it so far, and i wanted to thank everyone who followed from the start. I always value everyone's input and guidenace. :D Cheers my dears... Sera

mathman ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2004 at 10:02 PM

Sera, thanks for all of your hard work :) She looks amazing so far :) Can't wait ...... some questions : (1) do you plan to have some male morphs for her ? (2) will her UVMaps be compatible with the DAZ characters ? regards, Andrew

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2004 at 10:21 PM

Mathman, I doubt she will be compatible with DAZ maps. This has been discussed in previous threads. Sera, she's looking great. I just can't believe how quickly this model has moved along. I think all the layering will make her more compatible with P5. All this progress makes me wish that figures like Neftis' Elle and Anton's Maximus would receive more attention. What is the file size and have you loaded her in Poser yet?

rasputina ( ) posted Thu, 30 December 2004 at 10:35 PM

That is wicked though to pull down the lip to see a labret backing and as Xena says all the different sorts...could you imagine a nice scrumper in there! I'm impressed by the hands and the more natural look to the nails with the curves, they look manicured and shaped as opposed to just jutting out straight and looking sort of warped. Also keen on the pronounced ear detailing, especially the tragus area. WOW!

Seraphira ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2005 at 5:22 PM

Hi Math, There's a few reasons why I won't use V3 or Daz Mapping is because well umm unfortantly not advanced enough, second copyright infridgement, three there's more areas and sections that needed to be mapped. With the new layering system v3's and other maps won't be able support it. Not to mention a new key feature will be introduced a complete and acturate vein system for Kaimira. About the male morphs no male ones but there will be a flat chest morph, but a person could make a male with the 100's of morphs being planed. The plans are the works for a male Model version comming this year. Papa: Hey honey it's great to see u! how are u? Papa ur right about the daz maps. :) I'v been hauling buns, I would have been done sooner, but u know me i am a professionist. I never baught elle and maximus. I have seen elle before, the thing i think people crave is to personalise their models from the basics to the most extreme. The Model size and etc in poser is still not known. She never even seen poser yet but That won't be for a while though, after when she's modeled it's the daunting task of creating material zones and uvmapping for Kai.but the 3D max scene file is 9.13 megs. There's several factors, now we're dealing with a new set of issues ever before then what V3 or other models had before. We have to deal with sizing of different areas, how it will effect the maps "example: V3's face and body Maps", inside of the mouth matching the outside. to reduce seam lines and scretching as much as possible. Raputina: there also will be more options for the nails like different nail types and tips. like rounded, claw like, pointed, oval, square, natural, bitten, long, curve nail, deform nail bed. these are just the few options u can do alone with the nails. I wanted her lips and mouth area to have more to them more options pulling and tugging and other movements of the mouth. Anything that can be done with the mouth will be put in. U will be able to edit more options for the ears, if users want to create plugs you can edit and resise those areas to catter to those needs. Customisation is the most important thing about kaimira.if u have an idea or thought u want to see for customization let me know. :D Sera Watch monday as i update with more goodies! :D

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Sat, 01 January 2005 at 11:18 PM

Hi Sera, I'm doing ok. Neftis' Elle is from polymage. She seems to be designed as a standalone character rather than something that can be stretched further (she has no body morphs). Anton's Maximus character was never released because he had wanted to make it compatible with features in DAZ|Studio. The figure creation was discussed in the following threads: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12413&Form.ShowMessage=1616522 http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12413&Form.ShowMessage=1638858 http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12413&Form.ShowMessage=1687433 http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12413&Form.ShowMessage=1701404 I get much more excited about these 3rd party figures that I ever do about anything coming out of DAZ anymore. I think some people are getting tired of the unimesh shoulders and derivative figures. Quite honestly, I think Kaimira is going to blow Vicki right out of the water. Keep up the excellent work :)

Seraphira ( ) posted Sun, 02 January 2005 at 2:05 AM

hi Papa, that's what i wanted to do is blow vicki right out of the water, with a-bomb ;) :D I am working on quite a few projects, I am doing the planning for my future male figure to match Kaimira. Kai needs a boyfriend u know. hehe. projects: 1.I'v been working on the sims 2 website, 3dsims.com my sim site. 2. Kaimira project. 3. Dorian Project. 4. Kaimira Clothing Packs 1-through-4, eyeliner packs, eyeshadow packs, blush packs, lipstick and lip liner packs, hair sets. Getting the planning process done. Dorian is still on paper, but will start in the new year. Speaking of shoulders, Kai's still need to be added more detail and making sure no noodle arms.

HandspanStudios ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 8:03 AM

Really great but I think maybe the upper shoulders are too wide. Women's shoulders look rounded/sloped down a little because of the muscle structure there, it's tricky but it would make so much difference to how feminine and young the figure can look. Also that's the kind of thing it's tough to change with a morph.

"Your work is to keep cranking the flywheel that turns the gears that spin the belt in the engine of belief that keeps you and your desk in midair."

Annie Dillard

Seraphira ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 11:39 AM

file_161404.jpg

hi handspan, Thanks for ur help and input. U know i ever even realised it until I looked at a few renders. :O I think i fixed the problem. Please nitpick So i can get her just right ;) Psst not too much lmao. Here's a quick view. Sera

Seraphira ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 11:42 AM

file_161408.jpg

here's another view honey, I also fixed the sides under her arms and armpit. :) I love when u guys give me input. :)

jaybutton ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 12:28 PM

Fantastic work, seraphira! Looking forward to the progress on this one! Jay

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 12:31 PM

She's really looking great. I like the facial features on this figure :)

face_off ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 3:42 PM

Hey - this is great work. Couple of things....would be good to know how many vertices in the model. Is it a similar density to V3? If so - you could probably put a heap more detail (lumps and bumps) into her - particularly in her rib and upper chest (traps) areas. Also, her breast - they look very similar to V3's. I've never seen breasts that shape (mainly where the lower breast meets the ribcage). Excellent work - keep going.

Creator of PoserPhysics
Creator of OctaneRender for Poser
Blog
Facebook

RealitysPoison ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 3:54 PM

you are coming along very well. can't wait to see more.

Robo2010 ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 4:19 PM

Whoa!!..

c_hubert ( ) posted Mon, 03 January 2005 at 5:34 PM

Wonderful work, seraphira! Do you have a planned date for release? Can't wait.

Eternl_Knight ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 12:30 AM

Nice work here. Definitely worth "bookmarking" this thread.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 1:10 PM

Very nice modelling. I'm definitely interested.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Seraphira ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 3:37 PM

file_161409.jpg

hey everyone, i'v been doing some major over hauling on Kaimira's body fixing some main issues that people have noticed. About the release date: I thought about Mid Apirl, not set in stone though. There's still lots to do and there's clothing to be made, textures, makeup packs, Morphs, hair. I wanted to get her basics all ready so people can start to play with her right there and then. Hey face off: About her verts it's about 53,663 verts, that's not set in stone neither. There's still alot to do on her I did change her breasts thanks for the input :D With her ribs and other areas, I will be adding those using soft selection once the mesh is smoothed. Then I will do the deep detail. Here's some views of the fixes

Seraphira ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 3:40 PM

file_161410.jpg

hey I am back with more goodies. Ok i did some more work on her genticals. which is now completed. :) I tried to make it realistic as possible. there will be tons of morphs for the gentails for u all to play with. As u can see as well I did some more changes to her rib cage, and shoulders.

Seraphira ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 3:43 PM

file_161412.jpg

I also did some major changes to her legs to make them less fat looking more slimmer. There will be different morphs to change her weight. :D

Seraphira ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 3:45 PM

file_161414.jpg

There differnt fittness options for her for morphs. I hope u guys gonna have so much fun with her u'll won't stop playing with her for months! ;) here's another view.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 4:19 PM

She looks awesome :) Can you post another close-up of the face?

Seraphira ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 4:23 PM

file_161415.jpg

sure papa. :D I am still working on her face layers, Which i work on tommrow. :D Sera

jaybutton ( ) posted Tue, 04 January 2005 at 5:27 PM

Amazing work!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.