Wed, Sep 18, 12:56 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Developers

Welcome to the Developers Forum

(Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:02 am)

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Project Kaimira: Pt 3 The Next Stage Evolution

Seraphira ( ) posted Mon, 10 January 2005 at 12:41 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_161454.jpg

One last picture. :D This week I will be starting on her Cr2 and joints. now this should be fun! :D Sera

Xena ( ) posted Mon, 10 January 2005 at 1:40 AM

She has the nicest butt Sera! I can't wait to make some clothing for this girl :D

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Mon, 10 January 2005 at 10:09 AM

She looks AWESOME! The lighting on her really does make her come alive :)

kobaltkween ( ) posted Mon, 10 January 2005 at 5:42 PM

referring back to the number of head issue - can i request scaling morphs? especially for head, neck, torso and hand dimensions? in terms of the v3/m3 angle... first of all, the base mesh is free. not the whole thing. the head and body morphs are still a non-trivally priced add-on. second, most everybody has these items. that's why they did this. the people that don't are a small enough group that they're worth giving the base to so that more people will buy the accessories. just like the customers who bought the bases are worth giving vouchers to so that they can buy stuff they probably wouldn't have (my bet is most go over in trying to use all of the vouchers). personally, i had just spent $20 i wouldn't have to use the $10 voucher with the $5 pc one. and so that customers remain (relatively) happy. but that's daz. it's interesting - people are now debating over why other models haven't surplanted vicky. and they keep harping on looks. saying that dina didn't make it cause she was ugly, and somehow ignoring elle's lack of popularity (not my cup of tea, but definitely not ugly). solondra III/carla looks great, and so does ej. i think they're wrong. it think it's the versatility issue. even girl hasn't come close to taking her on. no one ever showed dina looking like anything other than her initial look. a lot of people really didn't like that look, but i think it was more important that she didn't get photoreal characters made for her like silent smile (http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=32566). or the ones by vali, or by dalinese or by morris. anime doll seems to have been one of the most long term succesful "independent" characters, and i'd say that's because anime is so inherently stylized that a different kind of versatility is needed. and that versatility is shown in the previews (mainly different eye styles, some ear morphs, etc.) i'd say that a3 actually has less anime versatility than her. i think kaimiria really stands a chance of seriously competing with v3 for several reasons. 1) Kaimiria is being built with the artist in mind. Her versatility in several areas will exceed V3's. 2) Seraphira's currently sold clothes are absolutely excellent and were released to popular appeal. The wardrobe support will be there without question. 3) She'll have different hair styles that will appeal to various people (see previous thread). 4) Seraphira's responsiveness to requests and visibly professional and frequent customer support show that the character won't languish like so many others (mill yt, freak, she freak, etc.). Thrown in some photoreal textures by different artists, and I think that would cinch it. And the big thing will be for us early adopters to come up with prominently labled renders that show not only how beautiful she is, but how versatile. And (possibly?) how you don't need Blackhearted to make a petite character for her or Dodger to make a muscular, towering amazon. Or Arduino to step in to make her anatomically correct (even if that type of render isn't welcome here). i really personally want to be able to do different ethnicities well, too. like masai, north west african, thai, mexican, mayan, etc. her nose and lipps actually seem like much better starting places than the unimesh features - one of the main reasons i've been interested in her from the start. when i showed my boyfriend her face in that first thread, he said, "wow, tell me when that's done." mind you, he's absolutely hated every other character so far (i've shown him everybody and multiple v3 characters).

Seraphira ( ) posted Mon, 10 January 2005 at 7:10 PM

Hi sweethearts, WOW cobalt, Sweety you're making me blush ^_^. Sweety you're totally right. I think it's very important to make her versatile as possible. People love to create their own custom look and not be restricted by out of the box look and restrictions. To be quite honest, with out you people kaimira wouldn't exist, you gave me ideas and inspriation when i needed it the most. Even when things looked so bleak i almost gave up. you all never gave up on me, and that made me push forward, despite my trails. Cobalt, to you're answers about scaling, there will be features to change hand, feet, neck, and head sizes. :) With Kai she is anatomically correct and she also has an anus. :) She has everything as a real human does and more. Users can get techsupport on www.seraphira.com/forum/ for product help. :) Tell you're boyfriend, she's getting closer to a release. :) I hope he's tickled pink. ;) Cheers my dears, watch product showcase forum for the UVmapping and material zones! :D

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Tue, 11 January 2005 at 7:08 AM

I have to agree with cobalt. I might "tweak" the argument a bit but, the argument is well enough in agreement with me that it doesn't matter. So, I'm cheering for Kai as well. (besides, wink, even the model's name is better!!)

Aeneas ( ) posted Tue, 11 January 2005 at 10:49 AM

We have not been poser users for a long time. I never liked the predictability of the Daz' figures (we did buy characters that were as far off from the standard as possible, prefereably with artist's own morphs). But, up to now, there was no other choice really. By coincidence I found your name (we like the clothes you created) associated with a new character. Luckily I saw your uploaded work, and it looks like this will be it. A few remarks, if permitted, and not meant as critique, far from that: 1/ The shoulder joint looks better. It is an incredible difficult morphing zone -all muscles except for where the clavicle joints the sternum- but what will it do with arm raised, arm backwards (scapulae) etc etc? Here you can win an important battle. 2/ Being a painter, I love the anatomical proportions prof. Richer taught. It would be great if there were some way to get real body-proportions instead of simply enlarging the head, but not the length of the legs etc etc. 3/ Eyes cannot be realistic unless there is a lens fixed to the eyeball and an upper eyelid that deforms where the lens bulges. I don't know whether this would be possible... 4/ Another battle you can win is the mouth. 5/ Thinking about the future and more versatility towards other progs: did you consider creating a version with a better joints' system than Poser's (ClaudeBonet maps, softbody,...)? Future versons of Poser will certainly move in that direction also. These are not questions for you to answer. Just some thoughts that enter my mind. If this character keeps on evolving like it is now, count us in.

I have tried prudent planning long enough. From now I'll be mad. (Rumi)

Aeneas ( ) posted Tue, 11 January 2005 at 10:52 AM

Me again. Looking closely at the mesh, I have the impression that the calves are too high. There is an alternating rhythm in a body, and more in women than in men. If you permit, I can download your image and draw on it to explain what I mean.

Aeneas ( ) posted Tue, 11 January 2005 at 11:04 AM

And another one: very important would be the ability to widen the pelvis.

Tilandra ( ) posted Tue, 11 January 2005 at 11:09 AM

I was thinking the same thing... that the thickest part of the calf muscle was too high. While I'm commenting, does anyone else think her back is bowed in too much between shoulderblade and behind? She almost looks sway-backed, to me at least.

Aeneas ( ) posted Tue, 11 January 2005 at 11:42 AM

file_161458.jpg

sorry, I only have a mouse now to draw with, and I am not used to that. Anyways: this is what I mean with the alternating rhythm:

Seraphira ( ) posted Tue, 11 January 2005 at 5:08 PM

Hi there, Aeneas: Unfortantly no model is perfect, but I tried my best as i could with kaimira. I modeled her after my drawings and some photo resources. Kaimira is my artistic impresion of a female, although some things are off on the model, which can be corrected easily with morphs. I did some modifications such as the head and legs as it would have effect posing issues. There will tons of morphs to change every little part of kaimira, including pelvis and with tons of fine tuneing morphs for those little area's that u might dislike. As i said in previous posts after this stage of modeling process joing to the two halfs together it would be difficult to make changes. :) I am glad for you're thoughts Aeneas and Tilandra, I am pretty open to comments or concerns. But I do see what you mean with the rhythm. :) Take care my dears, if you have anymore questions or comments please let me know I'm always here to help. :D Cheers Seraphira

Georgous ( ) posted Tue, 11 January 2005 at 5:57 PM

I wanna make some clothes for her whatsn the chance of getting her torso?

Seraphira ( ) posted Tue, 11 January 2005 at 6:57 PM

hi georgous, Unfortantly not for a while, I am having a little troubles with MLS system on kaimira, which will need to be fixed first before i can move further. :) XOXOX Sera

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Tue, 11 January 2005 at 10:36 PM

Sera, she's looking great. Keep up the good work ;)

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2005 at 6:35 AM

One of my favorite threads this one is (done in my best Druscilla voice).

Seraphira ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2005 at 7:51 AM

lol chuck! :D I am glad this is one of ur favorite threads. I did fix MLS system and starting to work on the material zones Now, after that it will be UVmapping and then cr2, bones, joint prameters. :D

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2005 at 8:32 AM

What is a MLS system?

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2005 at 9:20 AM

I think it has something to do with selling houses.

Seraphira ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2005 at 3:06 PM

MLS is Mesh Layering System. :) short form lol. i think there is a a place called mls.ca that does sell houses lol. :D

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2005 at 4:55 PM

Attached Link: http://www.multiplelistingservice.com/

Hehe, I was joking around.

Seraphira ( ) posted Wed, 12 January 2005 at 10:55 PM

lol, i know honey. wow there's two sites that have mls lolol :D. Some good news, I am cutting kaimira into sections for poser.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 10:21 AM

Cutting her into sections so you can make her joints move?

Seraphira ( ) posted Thu, 13 January 2005 at 2:03 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_161461.jpg

yeah, each model has different body parts right, and you need to cut them into those sections. Say like right and left eye and so forth. She will have a lot more sections to make her pose her breasts, toes, and one of the biggist problems is the foot arch will be emlimited with extra bones in the correct spot. :D here's a view.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Fri, 14 January 2005 at 4:14 PM

I see... It looks like it could be tedius undertaking. Good luck and keep up the great work :)

Spanki ( ) posted Fri, 14 January 2005 at 4:25 PM

Keep at it - she looks great!

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.

Seraphira ( ) posted Sat, 15 January 2005 at 10:51 PM

hi guys and girls. :D It's been a few days, but she's all cut into the body parts that she needs. Now I am off to do the UVmapping. I was confused on what to do first uvmapping or starting to work on her cr2. So i thought it would be best if i work on her UVmap and I will be able to fine tune the material zones and MLS options on kai. I will post a new thread sometime tommrow to show the uvmap progress. :D Cheers my dears. Sera

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Sat, 15 January 2005 at 10:55 PM

I'm beginning to think the whole Kai process will take about 9 months (smile).

Seraphira ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2005 at 3:12 PM

lol I hope not hehe. She's Due out in the middle of March. :D I will hauling ass on her from now on since some of my family problems are resloved. :D

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2005 at 7:46 PM

Well, on the 10th, you said it had been 7 months (3 modeling and 4 planning). Add 2 more for the MIddle of March and Kai has the normal 9 month gestation period (wink).

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2005 at 8:51 PM

LOL @ ChuckEvans

Seraphira ( ) posted Sun, 16 January 2005 at 9:40 PM

eeek ur right chuck. Here i was dismissing the planning period alltogether. (wink) :D

SnowSultan ( ) posted Mon, 17 January 2005 at 4:31 PM

I've never seen anyone model so fast and yet so well as you, not to mention how you take others' advice so seriously and work to implement them into your model. If there will ever be a figure that can please everyone, this could be it. ;) If the time comes when you need seam guides, please let me know. :) I definitely would like to make them in order to help boost support for a figure with so much customization. Keep up the good work! SnowS

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

Vially ( ) posted Tue, 17 May 2005 at 6:53 AM

Has there been any update to this? The thread moved and everyone stopped talking about the progress.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Tue, 17 May 2005 at 8:43 AM

Sera has been sick...There are some later threads after this though...

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Sun, 27 November 2005 at 4:39 PM

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.