Fri, Sep 20, 9:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Fix this!!!

Sombraweblab1 ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2005 at 11:56 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:43 AM

file_172678.jpg

How can I fix her boots? should I do it on every render I made with photoshop? Where can I find some good Photoshop hair brushes? Any other constructive critic you have to improve her is welcome. Thanks

operaguy ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2005 at 12:19 PM

my constructive critic [sic] is that you be more informative and polite about your thread titles. ::::: Opera :::::

zippyozzy ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2005 at 12:27 PM

You need to chill and conform your boots a little better to the figure. What version of Poser are you using? And, How did you make her? Her legs are too buldged. Try rendering it in Poser instead of Photoshop? ;)

operaguy ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2005 at 1:20 PM

lol zippy ::::: Opera :::::

Sombraweblab1 ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2005 at 2:12 PM

I'm chill... I'm using Poser 5. I used The Girl with Fury boots... My bad i ment fixing every poser render with photoshop...

Sombraweblab1 ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2005 at 2:17 PM

How about the brushes, do you know where can i find some?

Penguinisto ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2005 at 2:24 PM

Turn off Inverse Kinematics, then reset the pose. (if that doesn't fix it, then IMHO the boots' mesh tears too easily to be useful, even at the angles the feet are posed at.) /P

Sombraweblab1 ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2005 at 2:44 PM

What does Kinematics do? I didn't undestand the IMHO thing... sorry

Sombraweblab1 ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2005 at 2:48 PM

The Kinematics didn't worked

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2005 at 2:59 PM · edited Thu, 20 January 2005 at 3:00 PM

You broke her bloody legs off above the ankles.

(Maybe the PhotoShop forum can answer your question on brushes.) I have some old paintbrushes in the garage. IMHO= In My Humble Opinion

Message edited on: 01/20/2005 15:00

Sombraweblab1 ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2005 at 3:34 PM

How do I broke her legs? with Kinematics?

wheatpenny ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2005 at 3:36 PM
Site Admin

You can download some free brushes from Freestuff here, and there are a number of them for sale in the Marketplace. As for the Inverse Kinematics thing, under the Figure menu, you will see "Inverse Kinematics. Under that, uncheck everything (right and left legs are usually checked by default) BTW, I fixed your title... :P

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

Sombraweblab1 ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2005 at 4:02 PM

Is the a way to ungroup the boots, pose it and then regroup it?

zippyozzy ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2005 at 4:04 PM · edited Thu, 20 January 2005 at 4:06 PM

You may need to redo her and try to tone down the muscles on her legs and conform the boots. When a figure has lots of leg muscles it makes it harder to conform the clothing. I use Poser4 and zero the legs down so the cloths will fit. Try usng the default pose in Poser first, then add the cloths, then the pose and then try rendering it in Photoshop. It's a sweet character, you just need to tweak her a bit more. ;)

Message edited on: 01/20/2005 16:06

nomuse ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2005 at 4:07 PM

How about "boots breaking at ankles" or "problem with GIRL boots" or "What is IK?" "Please" is nice, tho. :)

zippyozzy ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2005 at 4:17 PM

I think it looks like the feet are too twisted, he may need to untwist them to get the boots not to break. Not soo much the boots as it is the pose. If he can change his pose and conform the boots so they stick to the character, it shoudn't happen again. Hope it gets reposted, looks pretty cool.

Sombraweblab1 ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2005 at 4:19 PM

OK Ok I'm sorry. Could we stick to the issue PLEASE

operaguy ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2005 at 4:47 PM

hilarious ::::: Opera :::::

Lawndart ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2005 at 4:53 PM · edited Thu, 20 January 2005 at 4:54 PM

When you check to see if IK is off make sure you have the main figure selected first.

Once IK is off, set "bend", "rotate" and "side to side" channels back to zero. Then adjust the bend channel to get the proper bending for the foot.

Uh... Please. :)

Message edited on: 01/20/2005 16:54

bobcat574 ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2005 at 4:55 PM

To address the 'IK' issue, IK is inverse kinematics, which is how a computer computes the way the bone structure works. When you move your hand, the arm and shoulder follow, that's nature. with IK you can simulate this effect in poser, or any other 3d app. When you have IK turned on, and say you move the hip down, the feet stay in place, and the legs bend to simulate natural movement into a squatting position, adversly if you selected the foot, and moved it up, the leg would bend to simulate natural movement. If you had IK turned off, and moved the hip down, the whole character would move down because there is no base to realism. Sometimes when you create a pose that is out of the natural IK range, you get seperation of the mesh, Which looks like the trouble you are having. I agree with everyone else, try turning IK off and adjusting the pose that way. (Just in case your not sure, the IK option is located in the character drop down menue.) Hope this helps with the IK issue, I appologise if it is still unclear. (I'm not good at describing things)

wheatpenny ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2005 at 5:04 PM
Site Admin

And I thought IK was Ignited Kingdom...

Jeff

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2005 at 5:13 PM

"IK" is a shortened form of "ick" -- a parasitic disease common to freshwater tropical aquarium fish.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

Sombraweblab1 ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2005 at 5:16 PM

It's pretty clear thanks... i'm gonna try it out one more time (Firts time crash and burn).

zippyozzy ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2005 at 5:30 PM

Opera, lol My thoughts exactly. ;)

bobcat574 ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2005 at 5:39 PM · edited Thu, 20 January 2005 at 5:40 PM

'Ignited Kingdom', is that when young Einstien brought his beer foam process to england? AKA: Split the beer atom?

Message edited on: 01/20/2005 17:40

operaguy ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2005 at 6:00 PM

zippy i'm just amazed at the patience of you and bobcat in this situation, and in the meantime I am learning more about IK. And LawnDartLawnDart who must have been named after Mary Hartmann Mary Hartmann. :::::: Opera :::::

Sarte ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2005 at 6:41 PM
  1. Click on the "delete figure" button. 2. Exit the program. Remove "The Girl" from your Runtime/Ridiculously overpriced DAZ Crap/Mutants with Big Feet folder.

Do the impossible, see the invisible

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

Touch the untouchable, break the unbreakable

ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER

Farside ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2005 at 6:44 PM

Just put a magnet around the feet and toes of the boot and once the character is posed use the mag to pull the boot into it's proper place. I have to do that all the timeand it works easily.

stallion ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2005 at 7:06 PM

after turning off the IK. go to edit>restore>element be sure you have the girls foot selected then pose the foot manually this may work

You might as well PAY attention, because you can't afford FREE speech

Lawndart ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2005 at 9:35 PM

Opera: Uh... Didn't you mean Jesus of Nazareth Jesus of Nazareth? LOL

operaguy ( ) posted Thu, 20 January 2005 at 11:14 PM

have you ever watched any episodes of "Mary Hartmann Mary Hartmann?" it was one of the most unusual incidents in TV History. ::::: Opera :::::

Lawndart ( ) posted Fri, 21 January 2005 at 2:29 AM

I know of it but never saw it. If I remember correctly, she looked like a grown up Pippy Longstocking. Right?

Xena ( ) posted Fri, 21 January 2005 at 7:49 AM

It looks to me like bad joint parameters (the pulling at the very bottom of the boot being a telltale sign of the innermatsphere not being big enough). Perhaps contacting the creator of this set and asking if the boots have been tested in a similar pose as this? Farside, you shouldn't have to use magnets all the time on bought clothing. It should conform correctly OOTB.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Fri, 21 January 2005 at 7:54 AM
Site Admin

you shouldn't have to use magnets all the time on bought clothing. It should conform correctly OOTB. << As a Product Tester, I wouldn't pass a clothing item that didn't conform correctly

Jeff

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Xena ( ) posted Fri, 21 January 2005 at 8:09 AM

That's what I like to hear MM ... a tester who does his job properly :) Perhaps more merchants should hire you for testing ;)

operaguy ( ) posted Fri, 21 January 2005 at 9:02 AM

yes, Mary looked like that....but the thing with that series was the dry, utterly cracked absurdity of the show. It has not ever been equalled. ::::: Opera :::::

zippyozzy ( ) posted Fri, 21 January 2005 at 5:12 PM

It should conform correctly I have yet to dl a clothing pak from here that fits correctly of any character that it claims to fit. Especally, V3. With the exception of PhilC's stuff. So, if I bought clothing for V3 it would automatically fit that character without a struggle in P4? Doubt it. ;) (MHO)

Xena ( ) posted Fri, 21 January 2005 at 5:19 PM

It should 100% conform and fit a standard (non morphed body) V3. If it isn't, you should return the item/s and get a refund. Have you contacted any of the merchants you purchased from?

Lawndart ( ) posted Fri, 21 January 2005 at 5:28 PM

zippy: You can't find ANY clothes that fit? Hmmm... Try Billy-T for a start. They work flawlessly. Mybe you will have some luck with them.

ynsaen ( ) posted Fri, 21 January 2005 at 9:45 PM

"It should 100% conform and fit a standard (non morphed body) V3. If it isn't, you should return the item/s and get a refund." This is the standard to which all stores hold, according to my info. Bodies which are morphed or changed are an entirely different matter, however. If you are buying clothing from a merchant and this isn't true, then you really need to share that info.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.