Mon, Sep 9, 8:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: Note from Curious Labs

Curious_Labs ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 1:33 PM · edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 10:33 PM

Hi, I had hoped to be the first to post our news to the forums. My apologies that was not possible. The following is our recent update for those who have not been able to read other threads: Curious Labs is announcing today that we expect to ship the next version of our flagship product -- Poser 6-- in Spring of 2005. We have some very special promotions coming soon that should excite our most avid users and potential new buyers of Poser. More details will be sent out soon! If you wish to be the first to know, you can sign up to get our Curious Labs News at www.curiouslabs.com. We will send updates first through out direct email news, then post to forums 24 hours later so if you want to be the first to know, sign up. I know many have specific questions. I apologize I can't yet offer more details now. But soon. With kind regards, Katherine

Robo2010 ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 1:37 PM

WHOA!...good goosebumps.. :-)

lluviaonix ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 1:48 PM

Does anybody know anything about a realease of poser 6 version. To my surprise, i saw the product for sale on the PC connection magazine for a 199.95. It saids that poser 6 is capable of pretty much the same thing 5 is..But i went to curious labs, all excited to see the product and nothing...i also went to pc connection website and nothing there either... Does anybody knows anything...could this been a mistake of the magazine. The new box of poser has to silos of a man and a woman...and it says pretty clearly POSER 6 HELP!!!!..I'm all confused now ------------------------- this was my post on the forum...i guess...i got some answers...but how come pc connection is already selling the product?

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 2:00 PM

It was a mistake from the magazine ... It accidently released the ad too early.

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 2:02 PM

" HELP!!!!..I'm all confused now" Well, you just heard it from the proverbial "horses mouth" above. P6 will be released in Spring 2005.. It's not available yet.

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

Bobasaur ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 2:02 PM

All the leaves are brown And the sky is grey I've been for a walk On a winter's day I'd be safe and warm If I was in L.A. California dreaming On such a winter's day ------- From "California Dreaming" by The Mamas & The Papas

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

FishNose ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 2:03 PM

Ahh... a new version of reality on its way - that's good news :o) :] Fish (one of those 'most avid user' thingies you mentioned)

operaguy ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 2:07 PM

Cool and beautiful today here in Los Angeles. I am hoping it rains more before winter is over, however. ::::: Opera :::::

Bobasaur ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 2:10 PM

@operaguy One of the all time highest excitement generating threads in this forum was called "California Dreaming." You might check it out... [grin & wink to the old timers]

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

Curious_Labs ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 2:13 PM

Hi lluviaonix, We had some catalog erros recently and I apologize for causing some confusion - Poser 6 is expected to release in Spring 2005. But, we'll have some promotions in place soon and I will definitely let you know more details as they are finalized. We'll email to the CL News group, then post to the forums the next day with all updates moving forward. Again my apologies for the confusion! With kind regards, Katherine

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 2:21 PM

Bring it on. From another avid user. I haven't been to LA -- or California for that matter -- in over 10 years.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

who3d ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 2:28 PM

bookmark

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 2:32 PM

So that $50 gift cert that i got for signing up for the newsletter back in Dec will still be good when poser6 comes out. thats what i was hoping for :)

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

Azrael00023 ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 2:32 PM

ohhhh drools I can't wait for it to come out.

mathman ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 3:09 PM

I wonder if there will be an upgrade from P5, or maybe a discount for owners of P5 ??

Lyne ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 3:11 PM

Poser 6?? Good grief, I just got 5 (finally! :) and am just getting used to it... and I really like it... but will watch what this new version does... (then there is the problems of the costly new Vue 5 Infinite !!) But... no matter what version.. LONG LIVE POSER! :) and just FYI, Curious Labs... folks over there are already asking if Vue 5 I will be able to importe pz3's from Poser 6... ?

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

operaguy ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 3:22 PM

will check out 'dreamin' this is one of my fav times of year, bougenvilla riorous red soon and jacardia blossoms about to erupt within weeks. I live on an avenue lined with aprox 100 jacardias (a kind of orchid tree) and when they bloom the entire street is filled with blue blossoms. Painters set up their eaaels in front of my house to capture the outrageous color. ::::: Opera :::::

bjergtrold ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 3:26 PM

Hmpfh... if they have to advertise it, then it's probably no good or you don't need it anyway.

You know what is right for you. I know what is right for me.

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 3:29 PM

"Hmpfh... if they have to advertise it, then it's probably no good or you don't need it anyway." Huh??

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 3:30 PM

Hmpfh... if they have to advertise it, then it's probably no good or you don't need it anyway.

I need it. And I'm confident that it's going to be very good.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 3:38 PM · edited Tue, 01 February 2005 at 3:39 PM

"Hmpfh... if they have to advertise it, then it's probably no good or you don't need it anyway."

~eye roll~..If they didn't advertise it how the hell are we supposed to know about it???? Click on there website on a daily basis! ROFL Oh by the way, I need it, and I have confidence it will be good ;P

Message edited on: 02/01/2005 15:39

ynsaen ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 3:39 PM

I say its gonna rock.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 4:01 PM

March 21 is the first day of spring, and my birthday. So the ad might not have been so far off.

Aeneas ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 4:09 PM

Go tell any mac user that his puter sucks because Apple has very intensive and also often very agressive advertising campaigns. Ahh...we'll see. And yesterday, that plugin to transpose qPoser files to C4D was announced. Works with Poser5. If I remember well, it should have been included. And in a few weeks, it'll be probably useless in Poser6. Life can be cruel.

I have tried prudent planning long enough. From now I'll be mad. (Rumi)

bjergtrold ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 4:12 PM

Ahh, the lure of the new shiny thing.
I hope that you won't be disappointed, the last time was just too double plus ungood for my taste.

You know what is right for you. I know what is right for me.

Petunia ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 4:15 PM

"One of the all time highest excitement generating threads in this forum was called "California Dreaming." And one that ruined that song for me. Just hoping the new version isn't history repeating itself. Lots of people sure got the screw.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 4:24 PM

Ahh, the lure of the new shiny thing. Yeah. It sure beats the lure of eternal pessimism. At least for some of us.

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 4:53 PM

Just a thought..can we avoid the I WANT POSER 5 RIGHT NOW, I DON'T WANT TO WAIT ANOTHER SECOND, GIVE IT TO ME NOW silliness we had prerelease on 5? man, that got old..of course, I'm still trying to figure out 4..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Puntomaus ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 4:59 PM

P5 was never disappointing for me and I am sure P6 won't either. So, gimme ... I give you money in exchange ;-)

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 5:03 PM

I WANT POSER 5....uh, I mean Poser 6......RIGHT NOW, I DON'T WANT TO WAIT ANOTHER SECOND, GIVE IT TO ME NOW!!!!!!!

Tunesy ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 5:07 PM

...I think P5 rocks. Where do I sign up for P6?

lluviaonix ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 5:11 PM

It wasnt an advertising in PC connection which by the way is mac and PC...but mosttly mac, since they purchased mac warehouse a couple of years ago. The product was on sale on the magazine for 199.95, but curious labs already explained that it was a mistake on the catalog. PC connection is a catalog not a magazine. I'm glad we will have a new version of poser, but i'm dying to see what its capabilities are ...i mean new...and why the curious lab website doesnt say anything about it yet...If it was surprise PC connection ruinned it, at least for me. thank you

Tunesy ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 5:38 PM

...I don't know what their thought process is on it, but if I were in CL's shoes I might not wanna let the competition know my plans until the last minute. Who knows. Either way I'll buy it.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 5:47 PM

I officially announce that Winter has ENDED.... let spring commence, Now wheres my P6?????? Let's hope theres a Poser5 Upgrade.... ohh i can't wait... Im so excited i might pee myself...

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

war2 ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 5:51 PM

poser6 and vue5Infinite, an exciting year for sure :)

zippyozzy ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 5:52 PM

Poser 6-- in Spring of 2005? How much? lol. I realy want to update from P4.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 5:56 PM

This should be interesting. More and varied ways to render NVIATWAS, or variants thereof. And I'll bet you any money thet the included models will still be "Horse's Ass" Judy and Don. And the P4 people. Not that I care, as long as the renderer is decent. IMO, P5 rocks. I sincerely hope P6 rocks harder. :)

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

JJ54 ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 5:58 PM

Wonder what upgrade from P5 -> P6 will cost??? I JUST bouhtt P5 after putting it off forever - now I have to upgrade - just upgraded Cinema 4D, LightWave, and Vue 5 Professinal (just pre-ordered to Vue 5 Infinite. OK - so I'm a software junkie! Jim

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 6:00 PM

I seem to recall that the word "NVIATWAS" is Swahili for "baboon-faced eater of python dung" -- or something like that. I really need to brush up on my Swahili.........

zippyozzy ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 6:16 PM · edited Tue, 01 February 2005 at 6:18 PM

I'm saving up for P6. I've heard too many different stories about P5. Staying clear of that one. The P4 renders comeout kinda cheesy looking. Can't wait to see what P6 looks like. :)

Message edited on: 02/01/2005 18:18

wrpspeed ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 6:20 PM

As being one of the 1st to buy poser 5, I am extremely reluctant to jump on the bandwagon when poser 6 comes out. I will have to see if it has significant differences be- tween 5 and and 6 to make it worth it. Corrections to the firefly rendering engine would be worth it. Open GL would be a plus (though it would mean changing my video card). Objects/figures loading faster would be great. Anyway, I will wait and count to 30 (days) and see what materializes in the forum and I definately wont buy the presale. (g) I still have great hopes that they have made signifgicant improvements to it.

zippyozzy ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 6:27 PM

I hope it won't effect using V3 or M3? If so, then I'll just stick to P4 so I can use V3/M3. Just have to wait and I see. I never rush to buy anything. I wait and see what other users have to say before buying. I learned that the hardway lol.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 6:47 PM

I tried to sign up for the letter in Dec. Didn't work, I didn't get the $50 gift cert. CL won't answer my emails. After buying P4,P5 and Shade, you would think that would be enough to at least hear something from CL. CL seems to be the only addy on the whole net that doesn't return mail. OH, well, guess they lost a sale. No way I'll pay that price for a bug fix.

Ben_Dover ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 7:02 PM

So just to be safe, when is Poser 6.4 due out? I'll consider purchasing that one and just avoid the stress. :OP

who3d ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 7:04 PM

"No way I'll pay that price for a bug fix." You seem to know at least one thing the rest of us don't :( Cliff PS any chance you have a spamblock between CL and you?

zippyozzy ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 7:46 PM

I tried to sign up for the letter in Dec. Didn't work, I didn't get the $50 gift cert. CL won't answer my emails. CL seems to be lax on their site support. No way I'll pay that price for a bug fix. Curious to know the price of this new puppy? :)

Lawndart ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 7:53 PM

I was wondering who was going to be the first to get nasty. Who won?

Lawndart ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 7:54 PM

Uh.... I mean... bookmark

pokeydots ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 8:09 PM

bookend :) I didn't want to be just another bookmark!

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

Tunesy ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 8:14 PM

...I have complaints about P5 too, but we shouldn't lose sight of the price point of Poser... a hundred fifty bucks or so for a first time user. That's dirt cheap for a 3d app. If P6 is buggy when it first comes out and it's still in that price range, no prob here. They'll patch it. I'll be bummed if CL ever sells to a business man whose plan is to raise the price to five hundred bucks knowing full well he'll lose a bunch of customers, but have fewer complaints to deal with on about the same revenues.

zippyozzy ( ) posted Tue, 01 February 2005 at 8:22 PM · edited Tue, 01 February 2005 at 8:24 PM

a hundred fifty bucks or so for a first time user.

For P6? Kidding? I'll be there then! Even if I have to stand in line at the store. Two weeks worth of paychecks. For me anyway. Maybe one week if I can get overtime, when it comes out. I hope that will be about right come selling time. Right in my price range. If it's five hundred or more then that will leave me out until it goes on sale. lol. ;) Message edited on: 02/01/2005 20:24

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.