Sat, Sep 21, 6:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: HELP!!!! Am I going insane????????????????????????

JanP ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2001 at 6:30 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 4:33 AM

file_140921.jpg

Look at the provided image of the animation palette. I seem to remember that each bodypart element came with arrows on the left and when clicked exposed the parameters for that part such as twist, side to side, x,y,z etc. Now they appear gone. I tried reinstalling a fresh copy and updating to the Curious patxh does not solve this. How the hell am I suppsed to fix a given parameters key frames if I cannot access them? Holly cow could a recent windows critical update have screwed this up? JanP

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2001 at 6:44 PM

Humm that aint right, and to be honest I don't know the answer, but if you double click the part on the left you can get to the graphical editor. Top right of this is a drop down list for all the parameters. Not a full solution but the best I can offer.

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

JanP ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2001 at 6:57 PM

Your right about the graph. It can be clicked. While the graph is an option, I truely hate it. Its not designed well at all and when I try to advance the slider I usually accidently end up increasing the view range. Would be nice to have clickable buts to advance left or right. And yeah I looked in the manual and there is a photo showing a drop down list with the other parameters but not in mine as of late. Anybody know if there is a specific widows file that is required for this drop downn list to appear? That way I can search for the windows dll file on the web and put it in my system folder. BTW I am using Win98 with all tha latest updates I thought maybe this was occuring because I had it installed on a secondary drive. So I unistalled it and placed it on my C drive but that did not work. I deleted allreferences to poser and that did not work. I am at a total loss. Do you think "restoring the registry might solve this? Will doing that screw up recently installed software? Oy vey???????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JanP ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2001 at 6:59 PM

Hmm maybe if I reinstall Poser 3 and then install Poser 4 on top of it?

Scarab ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2001 at 6:59 PM

Ummmmm,Jan....all your parameter controls will still be on the menu accessed by clicking the bar on the far right of the screen. They will not appear on the animation palette per se. You CAN use the animation palette to choose a particular figure/element/prop for a particular keyframe, but you will probably have to move the palette control box down to access the parameter dial menu....I could be wrong, but I do not ever recall direct access to parameter controls in the manner you describe... Scarab

JanP ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2001 at 7:00 PM

Actually Scarab they are shown in the manual

Scarab ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2001 at 7:09 PM

Oh.... Scarab

Scarab ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2001 at 7:09 PM

Well.....that's very different..... Scarab

Scarab ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2001 at 7:10 PM

...never mind.... Scarab Latilda

Vethril ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2001 at 7:37 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=LadyLight

file_140924.jpg

*grins as Scarab* Hey, don't feel bad. It's all greek to me too. And if Phil Cooke can't find the answer, then it's a major problem, one that will need the Creative Labs team to look into. *Hugs Scarab so he feels better* Good luck! =P

Scarab ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2001 at 8:05 PM

(Vethril hugs very strongly......) Scarab <-(peeing his pants.....)

JanP ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2001 at 8:38 PM

file_140925.jpg

hey all, guess what problem slightly solved, heres a picture Notce the drop down list of parameters is present the the triangle button indicator is missing. its as if its the same color as the keyframe editor. Very strange. Kinda screwed up that I didnot happen to accurate place my mouse pointer with previous tries and then end up installing and uninstalling six times before I landed on the mark. But I still want my traingles back JanP

JanP ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2001 at 9:08 PM

OK this is my last post. Problem is solved. I simply switched my monitors color depth from 32 to 16 and back again. And wha la! tringle indicators are back. Very straing Thanks all for the replies JanP

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.