Sun, Sep 22, 4:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 4:04 pm)

Subject: More Poser 6 news!

philebus ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 4:02 PM

The P4 serials are prefixed by an X but on the 'about' screen in Poser, it displays the number without it - hence alot of people miss it out.

odeathoflife ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 4:04 PM

You may want to use the serial number included in the physical box, in poser 5 it is on the cd sleeve. rather then the one shown on the startup screen.

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 4:08 PM

Simply that the P4 splash screen truncated the serial, leaving off the leading "XF"

Yes...that was the reason. I managed to figure it out at the time -- but I remember that it threw me for the first attempt or two at upgrading to P5.

Oh, well.....looks like that's not what's happening here.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

Mazak ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 4:19 PM

My Serial isn't valid too... that sucks :( Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 4:26 PM

There has to be a common factor as to why some Serial Nos. aren't working.
My first guess would those issued by the European web store.
Whatever it is, I bet they're going to swamped with verification requests.

jwhitham ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 4:32 PM

"Yeah, but I wonder how good the record keeping is between all the change of hands. I know companies normally don't keep record that well, and if you then change the database over 2 or three times, and THEN have people replaced to manage it, all kinds of data loss occurs."

Well, now, if I have an area of expertise it's data integration, I could go on about it at some length...

...not wishing to bore people though, you would need some willfully apalling admins to lose data on any serious scale, and someone like Digital River would be well aware of what they were taking over. I think it's just a glitch.

Dave-So ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 4:33 PM

this may work out..as much as I want to wait before buying P6..considering what happened with P5... but.. I got that special offer for P6 for $89 which includes that queen and Shade 7 LE boxed... Plus I have that $50 rebate thing....but you have to spend more than $100 to use it..so maybe a book or something' I was going to upgrade ot Shade standard, which may work out... can i sell my Shade 7 LE ?????

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

AlteredKitty ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 4:35 PM

"Plus I have that $50 rebate thing" PLEASE can someone tell me what the rebate is......

My Renderosity Store

jwhitham ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 4:38 PM

nruddock, my serial is from the US store and doesn't work, whether I try to buy in euros or dollars, I don't think it's that simple.

jwhitham ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 4:41 PM

Lilybelles, I think it was a rebate offered to very early purchasers of P5 who had big problems.

Dave-So ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 4:43 PM

this was the rebate deal which came out in december In appreciation for your business with Curious Labs, wed like to extend a very special thank you. Receive a $50 gift coupon towards any purchase over $100 in products between now and June 30, 2005 just by registering to receive our news and updates email.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 4:44 PM

I went through the entire process of getting that dang $50 coupon and then proceeded to lose the email with the number (or whatever it was). But, as you say, for $89, it cannot be used. :) Hope they fix the SN problem...soon.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 4:48 PM

Oh well, I guess as soon as anyone hears back from them there'll be a post (somewhere) here.

jwhitham ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 4:54 PM

"this was the rebate deal which came out in december"

RATS! I remember that email now, it turned up in my spam box and I must have deleted it. BOTHERATION!

AlteredKitty ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 4:55 PM

jwhitham - again! How do you manage to get the dollars option? I can only get to the European store and choose between Euros or BPounds...

My Renderosity Store

jwhitham ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 4:59 PM · edited Wed, 16 February 2005 at 5:03 PM

Lilybelles,

use the link at post #8 above. That's how I bought P5 in dollars, followed a link that got me behind the ring fence! PS Only any good for downloads, physical versions and the shipping kills it!

Message edited on: 02/16/2005 17:03

AlteredKitty ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 5:11 PM

Cool, thanks. Unfortunately I too am among those who have an invalid Registration Code :(

My Renderosity Store

jwhitham ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 5:16 PM

"Unfortunately I too am among those who have an invalid Registration Code :(" Hey, welcome to the 'Salon des Refuses'!

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 5:35 PM

It accepted my serial number, and my coupon. Warning, though: you can't check out with Firefox. It's one of those stores with "check out" buttons that are invisible in Firefox. I had to switch to IE, then type in everything all over again (including that mile-long serial number). Happily, it did take my coupon code again. I was afraid it wouldn't, since the e-mail warned that the code expires the moment you submit it.

AlteredKitty ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 5:50 PM

Hey, welcome to the 'Salon des Refuses'! Hee hee! Well I'm off to the 'Salon de Bain' now so I'll check for updates here in about half an hour and see if we're still among the great unwashed or finally permitted to enter the inner sanctum ;)

My Renderosity Store

samcclung65 ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 5:56 PM

I just pre-ordered, no problems. I used the serial number off the "About Poser" screen. Early P5 user discount worked fine.

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 6:03 PM

Grrrrr, was using the p4 number, found my P5 manual and entered the number and was able to order. lol Marque

jwhitham ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 6:08 PM

I don't have a P5 manual, I purchased the download version, so not an option here.

AlteredKitty ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 6:12 PM

I have the P5 CDs with a sticker on saying [something like] "This is your serial number" and thrice I am denied :-(

My Renderosity Store

jwhitham ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 6:26 PM

"and thrice I am denied :-("

quintuple denied here, quite enough for one day methinks.

AlteredKitty ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 6:33 PM

Yup, a body can only take so much rejection in one day! As it is, I'm probably going to need to spend a large part of tomorrow chanting 'I am worthy' :)

My Renderosity Store

Curious_Labs ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 7:12 PM · edited Wed, 16 February 2005 at 7:16 PM

Hi All, First, I really want to thank everyone for looking into the Poser 6 Special Edition pre-order launch today. We sincerely appreciate your interest and Ill keep doing what I can to get as much detail out to you on the boards, email and on our web pages until the actual release date of Poser 6. For the few that are experiencing a serial number rejection on trying to pre-order the upgrade, weve been finding a number of causes. Mostly its either a need to enter the serial number using capitalization, understating that there are no letter Os and that you do need to use the hyphens. The 2nd reason for the majority of those entering in their number correctly is just due to the volume of people attempting to pre-order the upgrade at the moment you are entering in your details. But, if you have been entering in the number correctly and have experience a serial number rejection multiple times, Id like to please ask if you would IM me with the following details: Location/Country Version of Poser you're upgrading from Serial number The exact store URL of the product that you are trying to purchase from Error numbers received Time the error occurred As a last resort however, all people eligible for the upgrade who continue to have this difficulty on our store during the pre-order period will receive their rightful Poser 6 Special Edition upgrade. Even if we have to process the old-fashioned way of faxing proof for a manual order process, well do. But please give this at least a week for us to iron out any of these issues. Also, our Technical Support has been working to get through as many people today as possible. There are many, many inquiries coming in that the serial number get mixed in with but I do promise that you are a priority. With kind regards, Katherine

Message edited on: 02/16/2005 19:16

Poseur ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 8:01 PM

When I bought Shade 7 from CL's DigitalRiver store I had problems like this. Their customer service person advised that if I got an error message about serial numbers or credit card problems during my order, I needed to wait 24 hours before attempting to place the order again. It's apparently due to the draconian security measures they use to validate orders. Eventually I got it to take my order and I'm now a happy Shade user. So for those of you trying several times per day with no luck, I suggest waiting 24 hours before you try again. I must say I haven't experienced such annoying behaviour with any other online store, and like the earlier poster I agree it seems you have to practically beg them to take your money. But be patient and your order should eventually go through.

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 8:29 PM

I must say I haven't experienced such annoying behaviour with any other online store.... Oh, I wish I could say that. :(

mathman ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 8:48 PM

I have ..... I had nothing but trouble with the online store that processed the upgrade of zBrush v1.55b to v2. Headaches and stuff-ups galore, and umpteen international calls to the USA and Germany. Having said that, I must add that the zBrush tech rep (Matthew) was more than helpful throughout the process. I recently bought a brand new PC, and have had similar difficulties so far with installing zBrush v2 again. Oh well, I'll take a deep breath and plunge in again...aaaarrrggh..

mathman ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 8:50 PM

P.S. Can someone tell me if these special pre-order rates apply to shipping the boxed version as well as the download version ? (...not including shipping fees, of course). My poor dialup would choke if I had to download something of this size ....

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 8:52 PM

Yes, the price is the same for the boxed copy and tje download, except for shipping costs. The shipping is about $10 in the lower 48 states. Not sure about elsewhere.

Curious_Labs ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 8:55 PM

Hi Mathman, The pre-order pricing is for either, ESD or Boxed - your choice (for the same price). The boxed product will have the additional shipping fee of course. Kind regards, Katherine

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 9:01 PM

When is P6 going to ship?

I just got an e-mail from CL advertising P6, saying if I preorder, my credit card won't be charged until the day it's shipped.

But I already preordered. I just realized I charged it to a credit card that expires the last day of March, 2005.

Curious_Labs ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 9:09 PM

Hi Randym77, Wish I could tell you a date, but you should be fine. We'll work it out however if the expiration presents any problems. Also my error on my post before regarding serial numbers, evidentally we're no where near maxing out on web server power so I really want to encourage people to IM me with the details needed. Already (but only) one person has IM'ed me their details. The origin is in the UK - I'd really like to know - even if you just post in this thread - if you're in the UK for those having serial number issues... please. Kind regards, Katherine

wrpspeed ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 9:19 PM

followed katherine's advise on entering serial #'s and it went just fine. My card too is up for renewal in march also. terry

Poseur ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 9:47 PM

FWIW, I also just placed a Poser 6 upgrade order and it went through first time, no problem. Here's some tips for using the CL/DR store based on my prior experiences: * Enable cookies in your browser * If you get an error message during your order, wait 24 hours to retry * While waiting to retry, delete any cookies for www.digitalriver and shop.digitalriver so you start again with a clean slate * If you're claiming the $50 rebate, the customer service person told me to click the link in the rebate notification email. Don't paste it into your browser or try to go to the store directly and type in the rebate code. Apparently the email has some hidden HTML that authorizes the rebate, even though you still have to type in the rebate code. (This screwed me up the first time I used the store, resulting in a 24-hour wait...) * Don't worry about the warnings that you only get one try to use a rebate code. If you mess up, wait 24 hours and try again. The code is only used up once the order goes through successfully. * If your credit card uses your middle initial or middle name, be sure to include it in the "First name" field when they ask for your address. Otherwise your card may not validate and you'll have to retry in 24 hours. (This happened to me when I retried my first order -- another 24-hour wait). * For upgrades, be sure to include the "XF" at the start of your serial number. As noted previously, the "XF" prefix does not appear in Poser 4's About screen. (This one I got right :-)

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 10:09 PM

Katherine, is there going to be a preview for the Winter Queen?

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 10:19 PM

Poseur, as someone with Poser 4, ProPack, and 5, which serial number should I use (especially for the "P5 early-bird special-offer discount-surprise." :)

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 11:07 PM

Is it just to order through the Curious Labs site?

Teyon ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 11:16 PM

As I asked in a different post: Why doesn't Curious offer free upgrades to owners of the version of Poser released directly before version 6 was announced? The folks who make Rhino offer free versions if you are making a single step upgrade. That means that if you own version 3 and you want version 4, it's a free upgrade but if you own version 2 and want version 4, then you have to pay a small upgrade fee (not the full cost of the product). It would be a nice way to get more users to support the company when it releases a product. I'm glad to see Poser finally includes an HDRI render ability. I just hope the rig and animation features haven't been left behind just to advance the render engine.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 11:21 PM

I decided to go ahead and pre-order my copy of P6.

The process went smooth as silk. No serial # problems at all.

I ordered the boxed version. My broadband could handle the download, but there's something reassuring about having a boxed version sitting on the shelf. Besides, UPS 2nd day shipping isn't too long of a wait.......considering how long it's been already.

;-)

Looking forward to trying out the new one.

gps ( ) posted Wed, 16 February 2005 at 11:53 PM

Katherine, another serial number reject from here in the UK :(

I've IM-ed details as requested.

caulbox ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 1:30 AM

Yet another rejection in UK, Katherine. Likewise... I've alao IM-ed details as requested.

adrianjw ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 1:37 AM

Katherine, yet another serial number reject from here in the UK :( I've IM-ed details as requested.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 1:38 AM

I think that we can see a pattern developing here.

Arien ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 2:53 AM

"P5 early-bird special-offer discount-surprise." Weird. I pre-ordered the upgrade for P5 from the UK before it came out, as soon as this option was available, paying more money than CL charged for it later, and serving as an unwilling beta-tester. Now, while it seems there is a special offer doing the rounds, I haven't received any special offer, just what appears to be the standard offer for upgrading. I'm not impressed. Has anybody in the UK (or the EU) received this, or is this again one of those offers aimed for the American market?

My store

Greebo ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 3:04 AM

bookmark

Porthos ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 4:55 AM

Serial No Rejected here, location Ireland! IM Details!

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

BrokenAngel9 ( ) posted Thu, 17 February 2005 at 5:09 AM

P4 Serial # rejected here, too, location Germany, will IM the details, too.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.