Sat, Sep 21, 11:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 10:34 pm)

Subject: Please help me with creating texture maps.

victimorcrime ( ) posted Sun, 28 January 2001 at 11:21 PM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 11:28 PM

I've spent the last several hours creating a model with victoria, now I need a texture map. I've been looking at some of the ones available here and although they are great, they aren't quite what I'm looking for. Mostly the shades/tones aren't what I need. Are there any 'tricks of the trade' that anyone could pass one to help me? What's the best way to make a texture map? I have Photoshop 5 that I'll be useing, just need a little help in the best way to go about it. Thank you so much.

Jaager ( ) posted Mon, 29 January 2001 at 12:41 AM

Use layers. The templates are free a Zygote. Body: open a new document ~2000 x 2000 (1942 seems popular, and I use 2048) open template as a layer (same size). do your textures on several more layers above this paint at least 1/2 facet outside the lines. Do you highlights (navel etc) each on a separate layer use the transparency sliders to adjust make the template invisible for the final print. Head should be the same but ~1500 (1496) The weird numbers are in case you want to use the texture in Bryce. I use Painter 6 , but I am assuming that the same functions are in PS. You can make and use nozzels (image hose ?) for skin. a.b.p.s.r. is a good source for skin, especially S.J.Hicks' closeups (DDG In Tight stuff). Most of it is dross, but you may find something useful - look for 250-350 K images -it seems to cycle every week or two. I have a face make up guide at Morph World, there are head and body seam guides here. Go easy on make up, normal on P4 is kabouki on Vicki. Go easy on the photo realistic stuff in the body creases like under the breasts . Poser light and shadow will do a lot of that anyway. Use a lot of layers.

Gem_719 ( ) posted Mon, 29 January 2001 at 2:03 PM

Jaager, I'd like to put your advice to work for me also. However, I'm afraid I couldn't decipher the following secret code: "You can make and use nozzels (image hose ?) for skin. a.b.p.s.r. is a good source for skin, especially S.J.Hicks' closeups (DDG In Tight stuff). " I have Painter 5 so I know about image hoses, but, I'm not sure how to go about using it for skin. Do you have a kind of generic skin hose? If so, care to share it? (please, please!) What's a.b.p.s.r? Where are S.JHicks' closeups, and what's a DDG In Tight stuff? I'm kinda new to Renderosity so maybe I just haven't been around long enough to catch on to all the shorthand. (Just kidding!) (gggggggggggg)

nfredman ( ) posted Mon, 29 January 2001 at 4:52 PM

Mr. Jaager, sir, i was trying to make a tattoo run across the seam which goes over the top of the arm. Do you think counting the polygons along the side will help? Are there any hints as to stretching and shrinking you can give? Many thanks in advance! --Nan

Gem_719 ( ) posted Mon, 29 January 2001 at 5:27 PM

LOL! This is turning into a "Helpful Hints from Jaager" column!

Jaager ( ) posted Mon, 29 January 2001 at 5:35 PM

Gem, The initials are an abreviation for a newsgroup: alt binaries pictures suzi repost, chances are if you did not recognize this you do not really want to go there. Yes a have a lot of skin nozzels and a lot more in RIFF to make the nozzels from. The files are large. Doing nozzels is so tricky and involves so much backing and filling, that I have to read the manual every time. These are from digital photos or high quality scan closeups of butt cheeks or the back of thighs. I will leave it to your inagination as to what the actual subject of the photo was. I probably should be worried that the only thing I look for or am interested in is if the pix can be used as Poser texture stock, or to use as a pattern for poses. With no Web site, and the limited audience for Painter stuff, I have not really considered providing them. Besides, I stopped about 20% of the way in - it is tedious to do. Nan, If I were to do it, I would consider two methods 1-use Painter 3D with series of different color 1 pixel lines up to either side of the seam to show where the match up is. 2-Cut the area out in RDS, remap it make a texture and trans for it and make it either a prop or a conforming figure (depending on how much JP effect was on the area.)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.