Tue, Oct 22, 4:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Curious Labs - Please Note! ... Multiple UNDO for Poser ... sign up here. ...

DarkSkills ( ) posted Sun, 08 May 2005 at 1:34 AM

Yes!

Stay Focused.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Sun, 08 May 2005 at 1:55 AM ยท edited Sun, 08 May 2005 at 1:57 AM

That's an excellent idea, Anthony! Why is it that they haven't hired you yet? ;) ETA: Cinema 4D (and other apps, I'm sure) regularly integrate third-party plugins/apps in order to gain the features of them!

Message edited on: 05/08/2005 01:57

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

ย -- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

mauk ( ) posted Sun, 08 May 2005 at 1:59 AM

Yes please!

Greebo ( ) posted Sun, 08 May 2005 at 2:48 AM

yes please :)

ynsaen ( ) posted Sun, 08 May 2005 at 2:53 AM

"If it can be done in LW, C4D, Vue, Bryce (!), and a myriad other 3D applications then the argumentation about memory usage is moot - give it up already." all of which use binary files for storage. poser doesn't. Changes things dramatically -- and makes it not moot.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

Jovial ( ) posted Sun, 08 May 2005 at 3:06 AM

What do we say? (grabs pitchfork and burning torch, joins mob headed for castle CL) NO... to single (often broken) undo! YES... to a working multiple undo. When do we want it? NOW!........please. Hi Dr Geep. Will this thread be the first in a series to get all of our issues with Poser sorted out. Good luck (to us all), from Jovial.

aeilkema ( ) posted Sun, 08 May 2005 at 3:41 AM

YES!

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Sun, 08 May 2005 at 4:02 AM

If the user UNDO'es a dial setting which affects an IK-loop, all angles in that IK-chain should be restored as they were. And, GET THE IK-LOOP JOINT ANGLE TRIGONOMETRY THOROUGHLY GONE OVER AND CHECKED!!!!

Indoda ( ) posted Sun, 08 May 2005 at 5:09 AM

Yes, please

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- Albert Einstein

Indoda

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sun, 08 May 2005 at 7:06 AM

Yes please!

shedofjoy ( ) posted Sun, 08 May 2005 at 7:29 AM

YES.... and if possible can i have a Multiple undo for my life... thanx

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

JohnRickardJR ( ) posted Sun, 08 May 2005 at 9:00 AM

Yes, and there is no reason why this should take much memory. Each and every action in Poser could be stored as at most three values: What was done, what it was done to, how much of it was done ie: Insert Figure From Library; Figure number in the scene or Change dial setting; Paramater changed (already accessable in Python with a unique code, so they do store them); Change Made or Change Background color; From; To Even the magnets wouldn't take much doing - Function: Add magnet; Target: Whatever was selected; How Much: Default Magnet. I'd suspect that the reason we don't have this yet in Poser is that there are several different control loops involved, so Poser does it's current undos by storing two copies of the scene in memory, using undo and redo to swap between them.

gladiator ( ) posted Sun, 08 May 2005 at 9:14 AM

YES

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Sun, 08 May 2005 at 9:14 AM ยท edited Sun, 08 May 2005 at 9:21 AM

ynsaen, that was naive.

Undos, except for programs that expect extremely large files (Photoshop and Premiere Pro), are all done in memory. It is moot. Doesn't matter if it's binary or text (text is just ASCII/Unicode binary!).

And the notion that Poser must store an entire scene for every dial change is absolutely ridiculous. Throwing the house out with the baby in the bathwater...

Message edited on: 05/08/2005 09:21

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

ย -- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

JohnRickardJR ( ) posted Sun, 08 May 2005 at 9:25 AM

One other reason PhotoShop needs large amounts of memory to store undos is that not every PhotoShop action can be worked backwards - some of the blur codes for instance may only work in one direction.

Tiny ( ) posted Sun, 08 May 2005 at 9:49 AM

Yes!

Thetis ( ) posted Sun, 08 May 2005 at 10:44 AM

Yes! I'm old, make lots of mistakes, need it badly...

MrRat ( ) posted Sun, 08 May 2005 at 1:14 PM

Yes duh

maclean ( ) posted Sun, 08 May 2005 at 2:01 PM

Yep, I'm for it. 'It depends on what is being undone. Deleting a character needs that a LOT of information must be remembered for the delete to be undone' Just like to point out that Daz Studio is another program which already has multiple undos, including character delete, (and with a 'history' panel coming soon for even more control). I have no idea why CL can't implement it. mac

danamongden ( ) posted Sun, 08 May 2005 at 9:33 PM

Yes. Ten years ago, this would have been excusable. These days it's assumed that an application has multiple undo's.

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Mon, 09 May 2005 at 12:12 AM

these days it also should be able to be assumed that an application gets its solid trigonometry correct INCLUDING when IK-chains are switched on and off.

JohnRickardJR ( ) posted Mon, 09 May 2005 at 3:00 AM

Deleting a character from a scene might not need too much storage - really just the equivilent of a pose. What might be causing problems are the third party plugins - the face room, cloth room and hair room. These probably don't share too many of their internal workings with the main Poser code, and might need very detailed reworkings to add multiple undoes.

Larry F ( ) posted Mon, 09 May 2005 at 3:02 AM

Add me, too!

Chris ( ) posted Mon, 09 May 2005 at 4:40 AM

want it too :) greets Chris

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Mon, 09 May 2005 at 5:27 AM ยท edited Mon, 09 May 2005 at 5:28 AM

It would be useful if I could change an .OBJ geometry file during a Poser run and then tell Poser to read the character or prop again from the .OBJ file.

Message edited on: 05/09/2005 05:28

udhal ( ) posted Mon, 09 May 2005 at 9:51 AM

Yes! By all means!

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Mon, 09 May 2005 at 9:58 AM

Sure

paulotin ( ) posted Mon, 09 May 2005 at 12:33 PM

A must

pigfish9 ( ) posted Mon, 09 May 2005 at 3:57 PM

Me, too, please. Is there anyway to utilize the memorize (character, camera, light) functions already there?

OneShot ( ) posted Mon, 09 May 2005 at 5:21 PM

Yes

KymJ ( ) posted Mon, 09 May 2005 at 8:15 PM

A BIG yes pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! ...can't happen soon enough for me!!

STORE:
http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=KymJ
GALLERY:
www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=KymJ

Renderonesio ( ) posted Tue, 10 May 2005 at 10:40 AM

yes please

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 12 May 2005 at 11:51 PM

YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.