Sat, Aug 3, 6:52 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: Been to RDNA lately? (BIG news!)

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 13 May 2005 at 11:04 AM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 7:20 AM

Attached Link: http://www.runtimedna.com/index.ez?

Check out the hot news on the front page. 8-D

Message edited on: 05/13/2005 11:09

Yner ( ) posted Fri, 13 May 2005 at 11:24 AM

I don't see any news that is BIG...:>0 I guess it boils down to personal opinion.

odeathoflife ( ) posted Fri, 13 May 2005 at 11:35 AM · edited Fri, 13 May 2005 at 11:38 AM

THE TRIUMPHANT RETURN OF ANTON :)

I hope he releases maximus now :) edit I guess I should have read the (very short) interview cause he is and within 14days :)

Message edited on: 05/13/2005 11:38

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

Jay7347 ( ) posted Fri, 13 May 2005 at 11:54 AM

And Yner...by the looks of your extensive experience, judging by your gallery, it looks like you opinion carries a lot of weight. It's poor form to dis those who have already done!

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 13 May 2005 at 12:05 PM

With a name like Yner, the reply wasn't too surprising. 8-D

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Fri, 13 May 2005 at 12:30 PM

Thanks, Deecey...LOL...sometimes I have to be "slapped" like that to get clued in. Me and those personalized auto tags don't get along well, either.

neftis ( ) posted Fri, 13 May 2005 at 1:09 PM

This is an awsome news!!I am very glad for Anton as he deserves our respect!good news.

jjsemp ( ) posted Fri, 13 May 2005 at 1:32 PM · edited Fri, 13 May 2005 at 1:32 PM

And for those of us who animate, the Chris Derochie interview is every bit as interesting as the news about Anton.

-jjsemp

Message edited on: 05/13/2005 13:32

Richard T ( ) posted Fri, 13 May 2005 at 1:32 PM

That is great news!

Kendra ( ) posted Fri, 13 May 2005 at 1:44 PM

Actually, that is big news. Great news in fact.

ziggie ( ) posted Fri, 13 May 2005 at 1:57 PM

What's an Anton..? And.. will it work in P6..?

"You don't have to be mad to use Poser... but it helps"

logansfury ( ) posted Fri, 13 May 2005 at 2:04 PM

This is one of the great prolific fantasy/medieval modellers!! Having him back is HUGE news to a Sword & Sorcery fan like myself!!!! :)

xoconostle ( ) posted Fri, 13 May 2005 at 2:07 PM

There's always someone to rain on a parade, but in all fairness, Anton has been "away" for long enough that "newbies" may not know who he is or why he's significant in the Poser scene. Anton Kisiel made a great name for himeself during the years that he was a content creator for DAZ Productions. He's an exceptionally talented modeller with a strong altruistic streak, as evidenced by his recent helpful postings to this forum. The list of his significant past creations is too long to go into here ... suffice to say that a lot of the "star" products in DAZ' arsenal (to this day) were his creation. Although he's no longer involved, DAZ' Platinum Club was his baby. The content Anton created for DAZ helped that company to establish their product line's initial "look and feel." Before DAZ' release of their David mesh was public knowledge, Anton let it be known that he was working on a new male mesh, Maximus, which many felt would be superior to the fine-but-problematic Michael 3 mesh. The Maximus project was shelved during what I guess you'd call the professional "divorce" between DAZ and Anton. Let's not revisit all that right now, ok? :-) Most of us assumed that Maximus would never see the light of day. Anton took time off from the Poser Community to attend to personal matters, and has been gradually re-emerging in recent weeks. Today's announcement at RDNA is good news because Anton will now have an appropriate venue for his creations, and because Maximus will indeed be released. I hope he'll pursue the female counterpart he'd mentioned in the past as well. There's a very brief version of The Anton Story. I hope he'll laugh when he reads this. :-)

ziggie ( ) posted Fri, 13 May 2005 at 2:16 PM

So... it will work in P6 then..? I knew who it was really, since the days when House Mouse first appeared :-)

"You don't have to be mad to use Poser... but it helps"

byAnton ( ) posted Fri, 13 May 2005 at 3:13 PM

Hey thanks that was really generous Dean. Some people don't buy Cher albums. I Know! Can you believe it! I don't understand the world. Times are different. Remember when we all went nuts when Zygote released the fearie. You had to step over people to get it. There sooo many figures now. Ahh. the mystery is gone. hehe I must be getting old, because lately I've been so nastalgic, up all night reading old threads from 5 years ago and laughing. I found some halarious newbie threads of a few others who haunt this place. :) SOme used to be friends & don't speak anymore, which is a bummer. I did find an old dragon thread where the House Mouse is dressed as a knight with the MilDragon. I wish I saved it. It was hysterical. I never saw it before. See, if you blink you miss something. I will never criticize TV Land ever again. I like answering questions because when I needed help, someone answered mine. Anton Ziggie, most definately.

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Fri, 13 May 2005 at 3:32 PM

"lately I've been so nastalgic" LOL... I figured that when I read the "Sherman/wayback machine" comment...(grin).

KDoug ( ) posted Fri, 13 May 2005 at 5:28 PM

Welcome back, Anton! I guess you could call me somewhat of a newbie, so I didn't know much of your story before. But from what I just read on Runtime DNA and what xoconostle said, you're an accomplished man and I'll be keeping my eye out to see what you've got going on and hopefully learn some valuable lessons. Cheers!

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 13 May 2005 at 7:25 PM

One site's loss is another's gain!!! Congrats Anton. I look forward to seeing your new creations.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

geep ( ) posted Fri, 13 May 2005 at 7:39 PM

WELCOME BACK ANTON !!!

It's good to see you (literally @ RDNA). ;=]

cheers,
dr geep
;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

Mike K ( ) posted Fri, 13 May 2005 at 8:21 PM

There's truly only been a small handful of people who have pushed the envelope in Poser which resulted in all of the innovations that we enjoy today. And, amazingly, all were eager to share their knowledge and understanding with everyone, newbie and veteran alike. Anton, your creativity, talent, generosity, passion, and compassion have been sorely missed. Great to have you back and nice to see you at RuntimeDNA. Mike K

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Fri, 13 May 2005 at 9:30 PM

Welcome back

Yner ( ) posted Fri, 13 May 2005 at 11:43 PM

why do ya'll have to be so hateful...so I don't bow down to Anton, so what...

Nalif ( ) posted Fri, 13 May 2005 at 11:55 PM

I didn't see any hateful comments above :( And I didn't see anyone "bowing" before Anton above, either. There's just a lot of happy people, and for good reason. If you'd check up on the things Anton has brought to Poser, you'd realise that if indeed we were "bowing" to Anton, there'd be good reason to. But for the most part, we're just happy he's back.

byAnton ( ) posted Sat, 14 May 2005 at 12:46 AM

I appreciate the support Nalif, but don't be baited in. It's not a newbie. Just a clone created just after I came back and started posting again. Don't worry about it. Not a big deal anyway. Thanks though! Nite all! Time for sleeeeee... ..zzzzzzzzz zz zzzzzz

"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Yner ( ) posted Sat, 14 May 2005 at 12:57 AM

I didn't dis Anton...I just don't consider his return a HUGE deal. I've been around for 4 years and I know what great things he sold thru DAZ but I'm not as excited as others are...I don't consider that any reason to "pick" on me. I call these comments hateful...maybe you don't... 4. And Yner...by the looks of your extensive experience, judging by your gallery, it looks like you opinion carries a lot of weight. It's poor form to dis those who have already done! 5. With a name like Yner, the reply wasn't too surprising. 8-D

Nalif ( ) posted Sat, 14 May 2005 at 12:59 AM

Ahh well. Welcome back, Anton :)

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Sat, 14 May 2005 at 1:09 AM

If Anton makes a good (great?) product, then I'll buy it from him -- And that's about all that matters. The rest is just water over the bridge or under the dam -- or wherever such water goes. Welcome.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

DCArt ( ) posted Sat, 14 May 2005 at 1:25 AM

I've been around for 4 years and I know what great things he sold thru DAZ but I'm not as excited as others are The point of my reply was that it was obvious you were hiding behind a clone name to say what you did. And it looks as though my suspicions were correct. 8-)

ghelmer ( ) posted Sat, 14 May 2005 at 1:55 AM

HOORAY for Anton!! I said it a few weeks ago and I'll say it again: Great to have Anton back and so active here in the forum & Poser world! Anton gave an awesome tip two or three weeks ago about raising the specularity value of eyewhites & corneas to combat the AO/IBL P6 too dark eyes syndrome some of us have been experiencing. For that and all of Antons major contributions to the community I gotta say Anton pwnz Poser!! p.s. "pwnz" means "owns" as in dominates (in aleading, trendsetting way! It's peurile CounterStrike speak!) LOL!! Sorry... I'm really tired!! G

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

You are pure, you are snow
We are the useless sluts that they mould
Rock n roll is our epiphany
Culture, alienation, boredom and despair

ghelmer ( ) posted Sat, 14 May 2005 at 1:59 AM

Side note... "The point of my reply was that it was obvious you were hiding behind a clone name to say what you did. And it looks as though my suspicions were correct. 8-)" so then if it's a clone name, who is Yner? Is it some wierd Star Wars Attack of the CLONES reference? Or what... puzzlement sets in....

The GR00VY GH0ULIE!

You are pure, you are snow
We are the useless sluts that they mould
Rock n roll is our epiphany
Culture, alienation, boredom and despair

xantor ( ) posted Sat, 14 May 2005 at 3:00 AM

When I see photos of people who use poser, they never look like I imagined they would look.

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Sat, 14 May 2005 at 3:10 AM

I'm not saying anything about my stripes.

byAnton ( ) posted Sat, 14 May 2005 at 3:27 AM · edited Sat, 14 May 2005 at 3:29 AM

file_238598.jpg

Aack. Insomnia strikes.

Xantor, I hear ya. My head is huge in the picture isn't it? I was wearing alot of makeup in that picture. this is how I normally look. See how poser can ravage the body?

DragonCon a few years ago just messed with reality. It's worse when you talk to someone for 3 years in a thread only to realize they aren't a woman. lol

Also fun to know how people really pronounce their user names.

Message edited on: 05/14/2005 03:29

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 14 May 2005 at 4:01 AM

Growl!!! What a sexy one you are! ;)

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sat, 14 May 2005 at 4:48 AM

It is always a joy to receive an accomplished modeler back...it has been awhile Anton, and with respect and honor it is nice to have you back. We certainly have missed your talent, kindness and your ability to help others. Can't wait to see your new works. Mike and Sharen

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Sat, 14 May 2005 at 7:00 AM

Heck, I was at that Dragon*Con, Anton, and we chatted a bit (but I don't remember the horns... wink).

oilscum ( ) posted Sat, 14 May 2005 at 8:19 AM

"by the looks of your extensive experience, judging by your gallery, it looks like you opinion carries a lot of weight" Please, let's not continue the insipid nonsense of using one's gallery postings (or lack thereof) as a measure of experience or opinion value. Some people just don't want to post images. It isn't a significant means of determining one's ability to critique. To my knowledge, Roger Ebert hasn't made a single movie in his lifetime. And were we to mandate the old axiom "If you can't say something nice,...", things would get pretty stale around here. Trolls troll and flamers flame. Nonetheless, i'm looking forward to Maximus, Anton. I realize it may be a bit soon to ask, but will there be a female version of Maximus? A Suprema? Exquisitina, Tremendra, Titania? Maximadamoiselle?

Tiny ( ) posted Sat, 14 May 2005 at 8:59 AM

Anton,
we don't know each other.
But I am one of the amateurs benefiting from the crumbs of knowledge
falling from the masters tables of creations.

Welcome back. :o)

kirwyn ( ) posted Sat, 14 May 2005 at 10:19 AM

Welcome back!

Jay7347 ( ) posted Sat, 14 May 2005 at 10:33 AM

Oilscum...point well taken. As you say, "trolls troll." I was trying to be more tactful then calling a troll a troll. As far as what I said being hateful...no, it wasn't, just disrespectful, as in I don't respect folks who dis people who are working hard trying to improve the medium like Anton has. Yner...have yourself a nice day...and play nice at Renderosity. Whoever you really are.

Chris ( ) posted Sat, 14 May 2005 at 10:46 AM

missing your hair, Anton! ;) looks like one of the best is back to the Poser community! ... Welcome Back!! And all the best! have someone seen my credit card? ... I think I need it very soon ;) Greets Chris

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

pigfish9 ( ) posted Sat, 14 May 2005 at 11:19 AM

Anton, Welcome back. I really miss your great textures. The V3 makeup maps are still some of my favorite. You are also someone with a wealth of knowledge who is happy to share. Your return is a great boon to the Poser community. Is there any chance you can come up with a morph and texture set to make Stephanie Petite pretty?

Xena ( ) posted Sat, 14 May 2005 at 1:29 PM

Welcome back bud :) Always good to see the return of an golden oldie ;)

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Sat, 14 May 2005 at 8:29 PM

Welcome back into poser full time, Anton. I hope you enjoy your stint at RDNA and I'll look forward to seeing what new innovations you are coming up with. Keep on keeping on :)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sat, 14 May 2005 at 10:52 PM

:waves cheerily: It's great to have you involved again. If you've been gathering information and tracking down everything about the new lighting and the material room, we can be hopeful for some nifty tricks to bubble forth later. And, if not, you're still welcome for the vast store of experience at past problem-solving. Carolly

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 15 May 2005 at 7:35 AM

file_238600.jpg

Anton, here is a recent picture of me. The photographer got my good side...

byAnton ( ) posted Sun, 15 May 2005 at 7:58 AM

lol

gagnonrich ( ) posted Mon, 16 May 2005 at 4:53 PM

To my knowledge, Roger Ebert hasn't made a single movie in his lifetime. As an interesting bit of trivia, Roger Ebert did write the screenplay to "Beyond the Valley of the Dolls" and a couple other Russ Meyer flicks. If anybody needs to see that a critic's words are little more than well-written opinions, watch "Ebert and Roeper" to see how regularly two high profile paid critics are in complete disagreement on the merits of a movie. Your point, however, is well taken, that not having a gallery isn't enough to be inferring anything about an artist. It is good to see Anton getting back into Poser, both as a content creator and as a regular forum participant.

My visual indexes of Poser content are at http://www.sharecg.com/pf/rgagnon

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.