Fri, Sep 20, 11:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: Heathen or Fundementalist.....hmmmm???

dayjo ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 9:34 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 11:29 PM

Ok Ok, Here's the deal. I have just got my copy of Vue 5 wipes drool from mouth and I am asking this question to basically see what views people have. Wether they are Poser Puritans or not.So here goes. Would it be ethical for me to post my art in a Poser forum when I use Vue 5 to render my scene? ( as I will never go back to rendering in Poser ever again ) check my image banshee in my gallery to see what I mean..I rendered that scene in Vue 5 and postworked it in PScs2..Like I said I pose my scenes in poser, render in Vue and postwork in ps. So am I a heathen or a puritan....maybe I'm just sitting on the fence ;)

elizabyte ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 9:49 AM

This is precisely why I think organizing galleries according to what program you used is silly. You used multiple programs to create it, so which one is the "most" used? In my case, it's frequently Photoshop! Personally, I would put figurative work in the Poser gallery, because that's what people expect to see there. Vue users are probably more likely to expect landscape type stuff (if I'm wrong, and I may be, I'm sure some Vue users will correct that ;-). Some argue that this sort of thing should go into the "Mixed Media" gallery, but I disagree. The media in this case is "Digital". Mixed media is when you cross/mix media, such as using colored pencils along with oil pastels, or you draw something by hand in pencil and then scan it and finish it digitally, etc. (at least, that's my personal view; others will no doubt disagree). Anyway, I'd say use the Poser gallery. You can always note that you actually rendered it in Vue if you want. bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 9:59 AM

In my opinion you could put it in vue or poser so long as you indicate in the text that you used vue and poser. I look at specifice galleries to see what can be done with a program.

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

dlk30341 ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 10:01 AM

IMHO...if you render in Vue it goes in Vue gallery...likewise, Poser goes into Poser gallery or as Elizabyte suggested the mixed medium gallery.

steerpike ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 10:02 AM

I agree with Bonni. If you were to create something in (say) XSI and render it with MentalRay, you wouldn't be under any obligation to claim it was made with the latter program.

I don't think you need to be concerned about ethics on this one; just do what you think is appropriate.

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 10:14 AM

I go with rendering package, as there's no 'Bryce/Blender/Wings3d/Gimp2/Graphic Workshop/Corel Draw' gallery..;) The Vue gallery is loaded with Poser figures and props, so that's probably where you want to be. No skin off my nose if you pose in Posers', but not everyone's as lassaiz faire as me..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Berserga ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 10:52 AM

Flip a coin. :) Wish I could afford V5I.

elizabyte ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 11:00 AM

Flip a coin. :) Best advice yet! bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

dlk30341 ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 11:01 AM

I really don't think many us really care one way or the other...I know I don't. But there are those few that get all snitty about it.

svdl ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 11:42 AM

Funny. I've asked the same question a couple of months ago. My images consist of (mainly) Poser figures, often rendered in Vue. The majority of the work is done in Poser, so I post in the Poser gallery. Organizing by single application is a bit outdated, to say the least. I'd rather see checkboxes on the upload page, specifying what apps the artist used. Most of us use multiple apps when creating an image. Actually, I don't really care. A good render is a good render.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

lesbentley ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 1:42 PM

If you used Poser in the creation of the image, then I would say that this entitles you to post in the Poser gallery.

artistheat ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 1:58 PM

Okay I'm with the Poser Police here and Dayjo I'll have to confiscate your Vue 5 because I only have is Vue 4...LOL... If my Image is 90% Vue then I'll put it in the Vue Gallery,But if it's 90% Poser then I'll put it in the Poser Gallery..You have to use good judgement when your finished with the Image....I have seen images that were done only in Max,Lightwave or Maya in the Poser section also..

xoconostle ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 2:18 PM · edited Mon, 27 June 2005 at 2:18 PM

A staffperson (in the Vue Forum) once advised that when you're not sure where to post, you should post to the gallery for the application you rendered in, as others have already suggested in this thread. It's not a "rule," but it's a good guide, and the one I stick to when I render Poser figures in Vue. This means that my Vue renders will get fewer views than those posted to the Poser gallery, but I don't care.

Ignore snitty people and self-appointed Renderosity cops. Use your own good judgement and conscience. :-)

Message edited on: 06/27/2005 14:18

artistheat ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 2:25 PM

Hey just for that xoconostle I'll have to confiscate your Vue 5 also..LOL...

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 2:48 PM

Burn the Witches!!!! Heathens!!!! You should all be banished from the World of Poser as traitors!!!! Sheesh! Post them where you want to post them guys. It's your image and effort. Put them where you want them to be viewed.

xoconostle ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 4:48 PM

"Hey just for that xoconostle I'll have to confiscate your Vue 5 also..LOL..." I'd love to help but I still haven't upgraded to 5. :-) I'm trying to discipline myself. I bought Bryce 5, Shade 7, and Poser 6 in a short period of time, so the rule is no more upgrades or new apps until I learn more about Shade. However, xenophonz has Vue 5 Pro. I'm sure he'd be happy to donate it. ;-)

artistheat ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 5:43 PM

I'm waiting until they have a sale...lol...Used the demo of Vue 5 and I like the animation feature that works with Poser

svdl ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 6:02 PM

That animation feature requires the purchase of the Mover 5 plugin, unless you go for Vue 5 Infinite, that version has Poser animation support built right in. And Mover 5 isn't exactly cheap - about $100 the last time I looked. Keep that in mind when you're comparing Vue 5 (either Esprit or Pro) and Vue 5 Infinite. If you already have a version of Mover, the upgrade is free, however.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

artistheat ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 6:08 PM

I believe Vue 5 pro studio has that feature also...I believe that's the demo I used ...Sorry I didn't clarified that:)

FreeBass ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 6:46 PM

I gotta be the one to disagree w/ Bonni... I've always believed that if separate signifigant portions of an image use separate apps, it is mixed media. & fer clarification, how duz Vue + Poser (2 digital media) differ from colored pencils + oils (2 traditional media)? Or ya could just post it in the 3DMax gallery to piss (some of) them overly touchy ppls off ;-)

WARNING!

This user has been known to swear. A LOT!

artistheat ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 7:04 PM

LOL...The funny thing with the modelers they sometimes put there images in the Poser Gallery....But heaven forbid a Poser user would do the same thing to there site:)

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 7:17 PM

wouldn't bother me. I have models I made in almost every piccy..;) go for it..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

elizabyte ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 9:05 PM

I gotta be the one to disagree w/ Bonni... HOW DARE YOU?!?!?! I'm so offended!!!!! Just kidding. :-P how duz Vue + Poser (2 digital media) differ from colored pencils + oils (2 traditional media) Because the medium is "Digital". When you enter art in a show or competition or other site which requres you to list the media, it's listed as "Digital". And because I come from a traditional art background, and use the traditional definition of "mixed media". :-) Seriously, thought, I think this just highlights something I've believed for ages, which is that the current gallery setup is outdated and silly. Just my opinion, of course. bonni

Ben_Dover ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 9:22 PM

Submit it to both Poser AND Vue. Let the chips fall where they may, the apps were used and folks like to see how well you did. I, too, look at the app categories when trying to see how a particular piece of software renders or models, think of it as a visual piece of advice for those of us who are curious.

rdf ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2005 at 10:10 PM

ah shucks. i thought this thread was going to be about god and satan, christians and pagans, and who's going to the 7th circle of hell and all that kind of seriously silly and sillily serious stuff ...

freyfaxi ( ) posted Tue, 28 June 2005 at 6:26 AM

grins Have a bet both ways..post it in each ? See which particular entry gets the most comments ?

aeilkema ( ) posted Tue, 28 June 2005 at 7:48 AM

Would it be ethical for me to post my art in a Poser forum when I use Vue 5 to render my scene? Really I could care less were you post it..... But, I wonder how the people at the Vue forums would feel if we would start posting Poser rendered images there, using Vue created backgrounds...... or as in you case Vue imported objects.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

artistheat ( ) posted Tue, 28 June 2005 at 8:25 AM

It really doesn't matter where you put it as long as you use one of the programs that the gallery uses..No big deal..We are all artist here just to have a good time with our work:)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.