Sat, Aug 3, 11:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: Help! My morph gets all spikey...

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 22 August 2005 at 6:31 AM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 2:31 AM

file_286446.jpg

I KNOW I've read about how to remedy this before. But I can't remember what it is, so.. help! I've made a morph for AIKO, and it loads fine, but when I twist the dial... well... she looks worse than me in he morning... I tried importing the morph both with and withouth "attempt vertex order Correction (Poser 6) but the result is the same. On the plus side: When I get this to work, I believe I've solved the problem with AIKO's Tennessee-teeth...

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Mon, 22 August 2005 at 6:45 AM

It's a vertex order problem, but I guess you knew that... ;) UVMapper Pro can also do vertex re-ordering, if you have that. It isn't always successful. Other than that, it's just down to care during the export and modelling process. With a leetle more information about how you got here from there, we can perhaps suggest an alternative route...

geep ( ) posted Mon, 22 August 2005 at 6:51 AM

NaySayGuy sez: "She look ok ta me, ......... whot da problem?" ;=]

Remember ... "With Poser, all things are possible, and poseable!"

cheers,

dr geep ... :o]

edited 10/5/2019

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 22 August 2005 at 7:21 AM

But all I did was actually to export the head out of Poser, delete something in UVMapper, reimport it and merge it with a new version of what I deleted and apply it. Hmm.. I DO have UVMapper Pro (Thanks to Dr Geep ::o)) ) I'll try that to see if it does a better job than Poser. :o)

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

Chris ( ) posted Mon, 22 August 2005 at 7:26 AM

Attached Link: Riptide Plugin

what app you use to make the morph? if you use Cinema 4D then I think I know what the problem is: C4D reorders the vertex ... you need to import with a free plugin: Riptide (made by Spanki) www.skinprops.com Maybe that helps :) Greets Chris

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

EnglishBob ( ) posted Mon, 22 August 2005 at 7:53 AM

"delete something in UVMapper, [...] and merge it with a new version of what I deleted" That would do it all right. There isn't a way out of that really. You just can't do that with morphs, sorry...

richardson ( ) posted Mon, 22 August 2005 at 8:26 AM

LOL TG! Release it! And make that coffee, quick

shedofjoy ( ) posted Mon, 22 August 2005 at 9:02 AM

I think there is a market out there for this morph.... i see uses for it already... :)

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 22 August 2005 at 9:55 AM

LOL Well, I thought I'd got a good idea. As it became obvious from yesterday's thread, ther's a problem with AIKO's HdFaceCheeky morph, making her teeth all crooked and unpleasant looking. So my initial idea was to export the Cheeky morph together with some normal teeth and merge those two, thereby making a new morph that would give the cheeky (wide) face but retain the normal looking teeth. But I can't make it work. The morph loads fine (nothing about "wrong number for vertecis or anything) but when I apply it, it explodes. I've tried both deleting the various bits in UVmapper as well as using Poser's grouping tool to spawn new head without teeth and new teeth. But as soon as those are merged onto one obj it gets screwed up :o( I thought I'd got a good idea, but... :o( Any ideas why it won't work? Why are the vertices jumbled? the morph works fine before the merge.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Mon, 22 August 2005 at 10:27 AM

The problem occurs when you remove some of the mesh - when you do that, some of the vertices are removed also, and the rest of them "close up" to fill the gap. From that point on, you're in trouble. :) Although you then put back an equal number of vertices, they're put at the end of the list, not where the old vertices were taken from. Hence your vertices are out of order. Poser won't complain, because you have the right number; but when you move the dial, the delat which used to refer to her nose (for example) is now part of her ear, and chaos ensues. If you could somehow put the new vertices back exactly where the old ones were taken out, it would work; but I've no idea how to accomplish that. :(

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 22 August 2005 at 3:24 PM

Ah of course. It makes sense. And I guess in THEORY it would be possible to put the lines in where they belong, but probably NOT worth the hassle. Oh well. So much for good ideas LOL

R_Hatch ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2005 at 12:22 AM

Attached Link: http://ockhamsbungalow.com/Python/GroupToMorph2.zip

Ockham has a Python script that will create a new morph based on grouped polygons. This allows you you to do the whole thing in Poser without any exporting whatsoever. See link :)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 23 August 2005 at 12:27 AM

Oooh! That sounds interesting! I'll give it a try! Thanks R_Hatch!

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 03 November 2005 at 7:45 PM

I came across this thread while looking for something. While your result wasn't intentional, it looks pretty cool.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Jules53757 ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2005 at 2:07 AM

Looks like you tried to do the changes of the mesh in Shade. If this is the case, it is a Shade problem. I reported this weeks ago and e-frontier answered that they are working on it but until now there is no result. The crazy thing is, it doesn't happen with all meshes but when, it happens even with unmodified meshes, means export from poser - import in shade - export to poser and you have this result!

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

Letterworks ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2005 at 2:28 AM

Looks like a GREAT "Human Torch" morph, form the Fantastic Four. Just make up a "flame" texture to go with it and put it out as free stuff! ;*) mike

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 04 November 2005 at 11:01 AM

No it wasn't shade, I hate that program to be hinest. I can't really remember which program I used, could have been Blacksmith, and I THINK it was, but my usual program of choice is Max. Hehe yeah it would look good with a flame texture. Unfortunately I don't think I saved it... and you can never replicate something like this when you WANT to ;o)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.