Fri, Sep 20, 6:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: OT.. ? DAZ Studio 1.0 has released!

Mazak ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2005 at 10:10 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 6:24 AM

Attached Link: http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=366787#366787

Read here:

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=24495

Mazak

Message edited on: 09/14/2005 10:13

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2005 at 10:19 AM

I wouldn`t say it is OT. It can render poser stuff.

who3d ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2005 at 10:30 AM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?refid=377028851

And it's not bad either. In many ways better than Poser 4/Artist (especially on newer computers with fair to decent graphics cards, IMHO). Am I allowed to spam everyone with an affiliate link (http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?refid=377028851 ) or would that be just TOO predictable? (don't worry - I don't think it does me any good unless you've never bought at DAZ *and* you go and spend lots of money there REAL SOON). Cheers, Cliff ;)

blaufeld ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2005 at 11:09 AM

Good... At least now when we Poser users will trash that prog, they will not have the excuse that their favourite piece of software is still in "Beta Stage" ;) LOL Just joking naturally! :D

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2005 at 11:57 AM

It also looks as though they've released a plug-in which provides something similar to magnets. But you have to pay for that. Studio itself is still a free download.

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2005 at 12:02 PM

There's a coupon code in the newsletter, and in the announcement in the forums. You can get the magnet plugin free with the code.

The IK plugin is also free, at least temporarily.

maclean ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2005 at 12:33 PM

Yep, both the PowerPose (IK) and DFormer (magnets) plug-ins are free at the moment. PP is an IK system similar to poser's but a lot more 'intuitive', and far better for posing figures with. You can easily lock/unlock and body parts, and even choose whether to bend joints from the center/end points, etc. DFormer is a magnet system, but again, it has a lot more to it than poser's magnets. And it doesn't have that giant-sized magnet icon. LOL. It's more vertice based and incredibly powerful. mac

xoconostle ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2005 at 12:56 PM

Hm, Poser could use an improved IK system. Anyway, it's great to have this in D|S.

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2005 at 1:18 PM

No sign of a newslatter here. PowerPose popped up in my downloads, but not Dformer, There's been a couple of other times that Daz seem to have been a bit disorganised over new items, recently.

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2005 at 1:23 PM

The announcement in the D|S forum over at DAZ has the code, if you don't want to wait for the newsletter. You have to put the plugin in your cart, then put in the coupon code at checkout.

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2005 at 1:49 PM · edited Wed, 14 September 2005 at 1:50 PM

NO real Character animation tools will be in the base though
such as a Spline graph editor or Dope sheet.
nor any advance material /lighting options like SSS or HDRI.
maybe someday in paid add ons

this will a nice freebie App for basic rendering of DAZ content though. :-)

Message edited on: 09/14/2005 13:50

My website

YouTube Channel

Mazak ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2005 at 2:12 PM

I installed the software plus the two free plug-in's. Played two hours with it, but I am not impressed :/ I go back to Poser6. P6 has more functionality and a better handling. Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

who3d ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2005 at 2:24 PM

P6 also cost a bit more - not a lot (I'm an upgrader) but a bit :) Still, for what it is DAZ|Studio doesn't seem bad value. Cheers, Cliff

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2005 at 2:28 PM

First Daz affiliate link I've seen. I'm guessing there will be a gradual increase in them, from one per day to 4 or 5 per day. It doesn't bother me personally, since nobody is required to click on the link, even if there is a Daz Studio forum where this thread would normally appear.

who3d ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2005 at 2:38 PM

To be honest, the DAZ Affiliate scheme isn't as much fun as it was the first time around. A small case of "been there, done that" - it's hard to get excited about even taking the mick now. This isn't really a prime source for potential new DAZ converts - that's got to be "out there" - where people don't use 3D yet, I'd have thought. Still - no harm in trying ;) Cheers, Cliff

aeilkema ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2005 at 3:27 PM

Cliff I do remember the fun we had during the first DAZ Affiliate scheme..... now I'm not even participating or commenting on it, I really don't think DAZ needs more converts anyway. As for D/S, been there, done that, don't need it, stick to Poser 6.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2005 at 5:31 PM

I found D|S clunky and frustrating, not least because you never knew when it would stop working, or develop new bugs.

But now that the 1.0 is here, maybe it will be different. I'll give it another try. If they've improved on Poser's magnets and IK, that would be great. Those are two areas in which Poser can use some improvement. ;-)

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2005 at 5:40 PM

It'll be worth a look. But I'll see what others start doing with the program first, before I install.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

maclean ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2005 at 5:47 PM

file_291013.jpg

Well, I suppose there's no rush to install it, although the plug-ins may not be free forever, but so far there's a lot of discussion on the DAZ site, and no major bugs of any kind have surfaced. 'If they've improved on Poser's magnets and IK, that would be great' Take it from me, randym, they have.... dramatically. BTW, here's a 'scrunched' cushion morph I made. Took me a few minutes with 2 DFormers. mac

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2005 at 5:55 PM

Well, I suppose there's no rush to install it, although the plug-ins may not be free forever Oh, I'll go ahead and download everything. Why not? But I'll wait a bit on the installation & try-out. ;)

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

Jackson ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2005 at 5:57 PM

Does D/S mangle and corrupt your files while you're working in them? Does it zero a figure and destroy your poses when you switch cameras? Does it freeze when it can't find a texture? Does it look in your poses directory when you want to open a scene file? No? And it's free? Hmm...I'm on it! PS: Poser SIX SR1 does all those things.

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2005 at 6:23 PM

Does D/S mangle and corrupt your files while you're working in them?

It did the last time I tried it. :-P

Poser 6 has been smooth and sweatless for me since SR1. However, I have also disabled PMD files. I think those are a source of a lot of the problems.

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2005 at 7:45 PM

I thought it was awful brave to annouce a D|S release in the Poser forum..;) it's just one more tool in the toolkit..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

JIMM ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2005 at 9:13 PM

I just read about the DAZ Studio 1 on my Windows Sidebar newsroom i guess this is big news not just to us 3D people.

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 14 September 2005 at 9:33 PM

DAZ has been slashdotted. I must say, their server has withstood the onslaught fairly well.

aeilkema ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2005 at 1:13 AM

"Does D/S mangle and corrupt your files while you're working in them? Does it zero a figure and destroy your poses when you switch cameras? Does it freeze when it can't find a texture? Does it look in your poses directory when you want to open a scene file? No? And it's free? Hmm...I'm on it! PS: Poser SIX SR1 does all those things." I'm not sure if D/S does it, but I'm sure my Poser 6 doesn't do that at all. It has never ever zeroed a figure when switching cameras, not even without SR1. It doesn't need to destroy your files, just disable pmd. It also never freezes at all when it can't find a texture. So, no my Poser 6 used for at least 3-4hrs each day with huge files at times (up to 300Mb) and huge scenes with up to 14 character (not counting trees, landscapes and props) doesn't have any of the described problems at all. D/S on the other hand has destroyed files the last time I used it and yes it freezes a lot and yes it is free, but by the time it can do what P6 can do you'll be paying a lot more then you've ever paid for Poser. Just start counting the number of plugins needed for it to come up to Poser 6 standards and do that number times $20 for each plugin and D/S will not be so free anymore. But with all the excitment going on I can see people forgetting about that, but I'm pretty sure that if you want to go beyond the ordinary with D/S, DAZ will make sure you pay for it. D/S base is free for sure, but a good and fully functional and useable D/S isn't that free at all.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....

who3d ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2005 at 3:46 AM

I don't think either program needs the boost supplied by trashing the "competitor" - they both have their own merits. My personal preference on the whole is Poser, for functionality, but that doesn't meant that D|S doesn't have a place in my toolkit too! Cheers, Cliff

blaufeld ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2005 at 4:17 AM

"Does D/S mangle and corrupt your files while you're working in them? Does it zero a figure and destroy your poses when you switch cameras? Does it freeze when it can't find a texture? Does it look in your poses directory when you want to open a scene file? No? And it's free? Hmm...I'm on it! PS: Poser SIX SR1 does all those things." Poser 6 doesn't do that for me either - only annoying thing was that before SR1, sometimes (1 on 5 renderings) gave me the dreaded "Out of memory error". After SR1, flawless working. No crashes, no ignoring "Stop Render", no freezing on missing textures (it waits patiently for me to find them), nothing at all. For me, at least now, Poser 6 has his value paid in full. I think you are having hardware probs,I know that can be very frustrating...

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2005 at 7:07 AM

Image hosted by Photobucket.comI'll sing in the "Poser 6 SR1 works just fine" chorus too :o) On the other hand I have had MAJOR problems with D|S, when importing files made in Poser (for use with the Turbo Exporter to Bryce) where scenes have been totally f*ed up, all figures zeroed and texturemaps gone with the wind. I've downloaded D|S 1.0 of course. Along with the D-Formers and the IK pose thing, and I'm going to install it in a moment and play with it. But I do not expect it to replace my Poser 6 any day soon. For one thing I've been all too dependant of Python things like Wardrobe Wizard, PuppetMaster, and FaceOff's various plugin scripts. And unless I've missed someting major, D|S doesn't have Python support... It's another tool in the box, just as I have both PSP and PS and use them for different things, because there's something one program does better / easier than the other. As is with Poser / D|S.

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2005 at 9:10 AM

No, D|S doesn't have Python support. It does have QT script, for which the documentation hasn't yet been released and so for which there are no tools. How inter-convertible they may be I've no idea.

aeilkema ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2005 at 9:18 AM

Great D/S has QT script..... why not just use Python? Why not re-invent the wheel too?

Food for thought.....

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2005 at 9:23 AM

The original release did include Python, but (as Poser users have reason to know, I believe) it has issues under OSX 10.2 so they switched. At thiss tage switching back seems unlikely, even though the requirements of 3delight have forced them to abandon 10.2 anyway.

aeilkema ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2005 at 10:49 AM

I see

Food for thought.....

who3d ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2005 at 1:18 PM

History. So much depends on history - and is fouled up by it! :( DAZ|Studio has QT script as it's scripting language, at version 1.0 mind you, due to history during development. Is it any wonder that Poser, Windows, (heck practiclaly every successful program out there) is hindered by attempts either to reuse old code or to remain compatible with older versions of the package? :Sigh. Humans! Cheers, Cliff

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.