Sat, Sep 21, 6:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: Updated personal gallery...

tdierikx ( ) posted Fri, 07 October 2005 at 8:57 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 6:32 PM

Attached Link: http://www.woosie.net/gallery/index.php

I've updated my gallery again... 67 new images this time... Category "Apophysis 4" album "Apophysis 48" and category "Apophysis 5", albums "Apophysis 49" and "Apophysis 50" Enjoy! T.

Who? Me?

KITCHAOS ( ) posted Fri, 07 October 2005 at 10:22 PM

Thanks! Chris

TonyYeboah ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2005 at 5:46 AM

Thanks for the link i'll be back later to take a closer look.

mandelabram ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2005 at 12:25 PM

Hello - nice site and flames. I have a question that I have been meaning to ask for a time. Why so many images??? Please, I don't mean to ruffle any feathers nor mean any harm, but why do you seem to post every flame fractal you have made? 67 flames takes a good bit of time to render and, judging from the time of your last announced additions, this seems to be about as many as could be rendered in that time period given multiple daily renders. Or maybe they aren't rendered very large? What I am hitting at is this: Why are you not selective in the choices you make of which images to post to your site? It would seem a matter of pride that you would upload only your finest efforts. I was unable to go beyond a few pages and left. I saw a few excellent works but most were simply nice. Please don't be defensive - none of us can produce a masterpiece at will in this endeavour and this is merely one bloke's opinion. The effect could be this: say an art dealer comes to your site in search of the next great artist to sign to a contract. He is inundated with a hundred options and so randomly selects a few pages. As fortune would - or would not - have it, he happens to select pages with only average images and so leaves, being an entrepreneur in a hurry, and goes on to the next fractal site. By not being selective, you have lost the opportunity for exposure of your very best works - of which there are a good number, they are just buried within a thousand other nice works. This behaviour is echoed here at R'osity by many of the fractal artists. Some are selective but many seem to post every single image they make on a daily or even more frequent basis. There is one Dutch artist whom, in his desperation to relive some glorious past he, reportedly, had in the early days of fractals, schemes the system and posts more than 3 per day by replacing them. The man is capable still of a great piece occasionally but I don't look because I'm inured to his work by the overabundance of merely "good" works and have tired of wading through all of the others to find the occasional gem. There are artists here with over a hundred pages to their galleries. How can they expect their finest to ever be seen, particularly by those of us on dial-up connections? Fewer postings would mean less time wasted browsing and much more time available for the honing of our techniques, non? My opinion is this: you should all be selective in what you post and understand that your online galleries are a representation of your expertise as an artist and you should, therefore, post only your finest works as the quality of the work in your gallery forms the impression you give as an artist. Posting a thousand images with 30 masterpieces intermingled gives the impression of inconsistency in your work. You are a fine flame artist - among the best in my opinion - but you dilute your offerings so greatly that it takes a lot of work to discover this. Please do not take this as being mean-spirited - I mean no disrespect. Be you well, Avram

tdierikx ( ) posted Sat, 08 October 2005 at 5:21 PM

Thank you for your constructive comments Avram... most appreciated... I suppose the reason for the vast numbers of images that I upload to my gallery is that I tend to work in "frenzies", spawning many images in a sitting - usually hundreds of the darned things... lol! The 67 that I uploaded yesterday were actually selected from over 200 images that I rendered this week... and I had a slow week... lol! I'm loathe to prune my gallery too much, as it shows my progression with Apophysis from my very first images to the present day. I only discovered Apophysis in February this year... and no other application has ever kept my attention this long... lol! Maybe it's time I rearranged my gallery somewhat - maybe create another category where I can place selected works that I feel are the very best of what's on offer? I'm up for any and all suggestions as to making my gallery a better experience for all who visit it - so come on peeps - throw me your suggestions - I'm cool with constructive criticism! T.

Who? Me?

mandelabram ( ) posted Wed, 12 October 2005 at 11:44 AM

200 images rendered in a week? Hundreds spawned? This sounds more like you are running a mass production line rather than actually taking care in creation. Letting the komputer do all of the work in batches and mutation windows. You are certainly capable of better as I observed at your website. Quality is work. Quantity sounds more as obsession. Now that you have overmastered the program is when you should cease spawning and create flames without aids from a start. There are flame pictures at your site that tell me of this you are very capable if you would but go more slowly and care full. Avram

tdierikx ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2005 at 12:00 AM

Don't get me wrong... a lot more work goes into each and every flame I create than just clicking away at the mutation window... I tend to totally immerse myself in Apophysis for many hours in a sitting - a lot of times I will be at it for a good 8 hours or more. I utilise EVERY window available to work with my creations. Yes, I produce prolific numbers of flames, but many more get passed over than I add to my batches. And many of those rendered also get passed over for inclusion to my online gallery. Most of my work over the past month or so has not used any scripts - I use what I call the "Funky Flame" method (which I have posted here to the forums) - all such images ARE created "from scratch" as you call it... Don't ever confuse quantity with lack of quality... that is not always the case. Familiarity with the program and my personal PC setup allow me to work pretty quickly to achieve a specific style that I prefer. T.

Who? Me?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.