Wed, Oct 23, 1:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Dearest Unnamed Artist,

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Wed, 23 November 2005 at 2:17 AM

I read perfectly well and you can agree to disagree. Publically dragging this same damn hot 20 bullshit through the forum everytime someone get's their feelings hurt doesn't serve to further the community or my knowledge of how to make my Bryce images any better. Funny how yuo tell me to take it to Admin's when I'm not the one who dragged it all out in public in the first place. Hypocrite!

4blueyes ( ) posted Wed, 23 November 2005 at 2:37 AM

Xenic and Miz, afaik the DUA was TOTALLY FOR taking things to the forum instead of commenting on her pics.

And I repeat RobertJ's words, the Admins interfered, it was not us, the witch-burning mob that banned her :/ Not a word of offence has come before she started to be unpleasant. If I (I can dream, can't I?) find myself residing in Poser Hot20 one day and getting heaps of comments telling me that I can do better, that I can develop, I can improve, I'd not say that the Hot20 police squad is out to get me. I'd say thank you for spending your time thinking about my works, spending your time commenting on them, thinking about how I can develop further. I wouldn't behave as if Hot20 belongs to me and the commenting folk is jealous.

"What you are doing here is trying to rally a lynch mob against some one who took no offensive action until you pressed it to her"

We are NOT a lynch mob, xenic, and it is very upsetting to hear that from you because it shows that you think of us as some brainless drac followers.

The only thing that upsets me in Drac's behaviour is that he creates a very negative image for the Rendergods and W0B in general. I know that he started this thread as an individual though, not as the Father Founder, but still.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Wed, 23 November 2005 at 3:08 AM

You know what? Until this thread I'd never heard of DUA nor seen her images because I'm not a Hot-20 follower and unless something jumps out at me from a Thumbnail I don't even click on an image let alone comment on it. While the image linked to in the first message here wasn't anything spectacular, IMHO, The Poetry attached was worth the read. Art is many things to many people. What I find offensive, since Drac wants to list offenses in his post, is people who mudsling over something as ephemeral as art. DUA may not be a spectatular artist and since I don't follow the Hot-20 I have no clue how often she's been there. If she has fans. Well great for her. If that pisses Drac off because her imagry isn't up to his standards, tough shit! She touched people deeply enough to gather her following for whatever reason. Coming to the forums to Knock her down a Peg is petty and childish and very much makes Drac look infantile to this Bryce user. The fact that she doesn't want comments on her work that are derogatory or vindictive just makes her sound all the more human to me. I doubt she reads the forums for the reasons I do, which could be why she cares less about what's posted here than what's posted with her images.

ek-art ( ) posted Wed, 23 November 2005 at 3:15 AM

Hot20 or not is not an issue here, at least for me it isn't. My personal issue here is being attacked for posting a comment that was in NO WAY negative or abusive. You cannot blame anyone for being taken into Hot20!! At best, you can blame yourselves for not voting for the images YOU want to see there. @Mizrael: I did take it to the admins, and it was dealt with. @Xenic: This has been taken to the forum because the Unnamed Artist demanded it. My personal issue here is what was already said in post #7, #10 and ESPECIALLY post #19. Anyway.. from now on I will think twice before I comment on images by artists that are personal strangers to me, or on images that I don't find jaw-dropping fantastic. I am aware that I'm a mediocre artist at best, and never had the intention to step on anyone's toes.

Come join the Rendergods!

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Wed, 23 November 2005 at 3:23 AM

@ek-art You're not the one who started a thread of mudslinging which is what has my skirt in a knot. And I had no idea he was told to bring it here by the artist til it was mentioned in post 53 by BlueEyes.

RobertJ ( ) posted Wed, 23 November 2005 at 4:18 AM

Sigh Just report it to the admins if you see this (this thread and the comments that are "derogatory or vindictive") as a personal attack on DUA. I am sure that it gave her the right to respond in such a manner that the Admins took action and banned her for three days. I am still saying, if this thread was a personal attack, than it would have been locked, as matter of fact it would have been locked within hours after the thread was started at the 20th of november, it is now the 23rd and it is still open for you today, that does say something i guess.

Robert van der Veeke Basugasubasubasu Basugasubakuhaku Gasubakuhakuhaku!! "Better is the enemy of good enough." Dr. Mikoyan of the Mikoyan Gurevich Design Bureau.

pumecobann ( ) posted Wed, 23 November 2005 at 8:12 AM

@Mizrael Well said - and stick to your opinion, no matter how many diss what you say, you're SPOT ON! @xenic101 As you're a friend of draculaz, either you're taking the piss, or you MEANT what you said. Either way - well said! Did I step into the wrong forum or something, or are people intelligent enough to see the REAL reason for this thread (as I pointed out in post 22), and then (it's seems) by xenic' in post 46. HELLO PEOPLE - THERE WAS NO NEED FOR THIS THREAD - WAKE-UP! Where there are sheep - there will always be a wolf. @Khai Your posts seem to have vaporised! Len. (Not a sheep)

The wait can be horrific, but the outcome can be worse - pumeco 2006

jocko500 ( ) posted Fri, 25 November 2005 at 9:42 PM

I was going to post the true here but if you see the true you will not beleive it A 3 day ban no way try a 7 day ban. and I ask her many times to come in the forum to see what they saying about her but she would not come. And that been over a year ago. So I donot beleive she was comeing to the forum as some of you say. Some one not tell the true here. I got nothing agaist anyone but when the true is not say I wonder what that person is up to? Most likely no good. like pumeco say "No need for a thread like this. just get along with everyone. She deleted the link you sent her draculaz that all I know about this. sound like mudslinging and trues that is not there

what you see is not what you know; it in your face

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Sat, 26 November 2005 at 12:57 AM

You know why nobody ever heard of this DUA? Because s/he used to go by SkyBlueHope and has been banned from practically every site for "La Femme Nikita" copyright violations. I banned her/him from the 3DCommune a couple years ago. Tom

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.