Sat, Oct 5, 6:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 5:47 am)

Subject: OT; CP problems

LeRoy50 ( ) posted Sat, 26 November 2005 at 1:16 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 6:20 AM

Just me or is anyone else having problems with the home page at Content Paradise? Trying for two days now and can't get the damn home page to finish loading! LeRoy

sbertram ( ) posted Sat, 26 November 2005 at 1:30 PM

I had (and continue to have) the same problem. When I e-mailed them with the problem, they suggested that I should try another browser besides Internet Explorer. Needless to say, I was really disappointed with that answer, and that logic. I've talked to a few other people that are having the same problem, but according to CP, I'm the only one. My suggestion is that anyone who is having a problem, e-mail them immediately...so they know it is a more widespread problem. IMHO, users shouldn't have to switch from a standard browser just to provide a merchant with business. Wish I could give you a more positive answer.

sbertram ( ) posted Sat, 26 November 2005 at 1:40 PM · edited Sat, 26 November 2005 at 1:41 PM

BTW, they also told me that I should delete all the CP cookies in my temp files and cookies folder, which I did multiple times...but it failed to make a difference.

If you try to go to another site after visiting CP, do other sites fail to load properly as well? That's what happens to me...so I haven't actually even bothered going to cp in weeks on my primary computer.

Coincidentally, I used to check the site at least once a day. Now, if I go there once a week on my wife's computer, they're lucky. Funny thing is, it works just fine on hers...but I've been all over my temp files and security files, trying to figure out what the problem is. I'm generally no slouch on how my computer is organized, and I can usually fix stuff like this...but like I say, after hearing there are others with this problem, I've decided the problem may not neccessarily be here after all.

If anyone else has any ideas, I'd love to hear them.
Sorry for the rant...

Message edited on: 11/26/2005 13:41

LeRoy50 ( ) posted Sat, 26 November 2005 at 1:52 PM

Thanks for the reply! I have tried on four computers,and the same results! For months and months I was lucky and haven't had any problems and now every time the home page tries to load it stops and freezes at READAD2.It's a google site.Don't know what's happening? LeRoy

Puntomaus ( ) posted Sat, 26 November 2005 at 3:01 PM

Hm, I'm using Firefox and have no problems. After reading this I tried with Opera 8.5, Netscape 7.2, Netscape 8 and Mozilla 1.7 - no problems either. Page loads very fast in each of this browsers. Maybe it's not the site but something in between? Have you tried Visual Trace Route to check if there are any problems on the route?

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

bevans84 ( ) posted Sat, 26 November 2005 at 3:30 PM

XP SP2, latest Internet Explorer updates. CP loads clean and quick on IE. No problem whatsoever, but then I have no background protection programs running. Probably Norton. It usually causes more problems that it ever prevents. Check if adblocker is activated.

Chris ( ) posted Sat, 26 November 2005 at 4:20 PM

I'm getting a 404 error when I try to login ... someone else? greets Chris

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

Bobbyk231 ( ) posted Sat, 26 November 2005 at 11:27 PM

Mine hangs when I try to add something to my cart. I've never had problems with them before. IE6 w/dialup.

krazik ( ) posted Sun, 27 November 2005 at 7:56 PM

Hey guys, We of course support both IE and Firefox and I apoligise for our Customer Service person suggesting that we don't. I need to be able to reproduce this problem to resolve it since I can't see it and don't even know where to start. If anyone is having problems and has time tommorrow to help me on the phone (might take 30 minutes to an hour, and I can call you back to save on LD fees). Please IM me and I'll give you my number. If you're around tonight and want to do it via chat IM me to. I'm sorry for the trouble and if someone has the time I'd apreciate your help in isolating the problem. Thanks -Rylan ef/cp

krazik ( ) posted Sun, 27 November 2005 at 8:21 PM

Question for you guys, what firewall are you using? And any ad blocking software? Thanks -Rylan

motchan ( ) posted Sun, 27 November 2005 at 9:31 PM

I have same problem. I have three PCs and one of them cannot display CP pages. It's a Win/98SE+IE6. Other two PCs (Win/XP+IE6) have no problem. Problem is on jpg files , other part of page have no problem and can read/view from the problemed PC. I had same problem on other site before, and site manager said me that some IE version have problem on specific part of jpg file. They introduced jpg check program to their site , and checked all jpg file before upload on site. Problem had gone from that point. This problem is very serious for user. Because after the problem occured, all other site stuck on jpg file viewing. CP site administraters, please check your jpg file, I think some wrong jpg files are used. Thanks.

krazik ( ) posted Sun, 27 November 2005 at 10:06 PM

Can you IM or post a url to an image you're having trouble viewing? Thanks -Rylan

motchan ( ) posted Mon, 28 November 2005 at 5:39 AM

Thank you for reply. For these 10 days, I could not access 'sales' page. And did not try other pages, but top page have no problem. But I can't specify which file is wrong and which is good. IE access 10 to 20 jpg files simultaneously, and once it meet problemed format file, whole access stuck out. Thus the page without any jpg file is displayed, and accessing indicater continuously shows it is downloading jpgs, for a whole day.

sbertram ( ) posted Mon, 28 November 2005 at 7:57 AM

That sounds like exactly the sort of problem I've been suspecting. I wonder if it's possibly the program that you guys are using to prepare your images for the web? Is it possible that certain versions of IE have difficulty with something embedded in the graphics files, or perhaps the compression scheme being used? (Seems like all jpgs would be pretty universal, but I've learned that nothing is as universal as it would seem with PC's) I'd be interested to know what jpg check program would help with that issue as well. I'm willing to try to help you today if I can, Ryan. I'll send you an IM with my number. Thanks for working on the issue!

Jules53757 ( ) posted Mon, 28 November 2005 at 8:48 AM

Don't understand the problem. I am using IE6 in the office behind a firewall and proxies and Firefox at home also behind a firewall. Until now I didn't discover this prob. May be there is a proxy setting wrong at your ISPs' Proxies? Try a Shift + F5.

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

motchan ( ) posted Mon, 28 November 2005 at 9:28 AM

Proxy? Definitely No. I do not use any proxy, and traceroute shows my IP connection directly goes to renderosity. Problem may occurs some special condition, IE version and OS version and ?? The site I met same problem before is Japanese Poser site. http://poserclub.jp/index.htm The administrater of the site says something in BBS of site. They must have knowledge about this. But I'm not sure they understand english. sorry.

krazik ( ) posted Mon, 28 November 2005 at 11:23 AM

BTW: We use Photoshop CS. Its possible someone saved a bad file up there, but I need some help tracking it down. Off to check IM's

Chris ( ) posted Mon, 28 November 2005 at 12:54 PM

still no chance here to login to "My Stuff" ... always 404 error - not found ... :( Tried with IE and Firefox ... Chris

Chris ( ) posted Mon, 28 November 2005 at 2:32 PM

ok after trying again still no chance to get in! " NOT FOUND The requested URL /us/include/login.php was not found on this server" when can I download my stuff again??? Chris

krazik ( ) posted Mon, 28 November 2005 at 3:54 PM

Alright, thanks to SBertram for helping me on the phone, I have isolated the problem, on our front page some of the thumbnails were png's but IE was thinking they were jpegs. It should all be straightened out now along with anyone who whould get Acrobat starting when you visited the front page. Chris: For you problems which login link do you use? can you IM me/post your exact work flow. Step by step, which links you press (and where on the page they are) so I can see if I can find your problem. -Rylan

krazik ( ) posted Mon, 28 November 2005 at 3:57 PM

Chris: nm, I see the problem when you use the login link in the top right. Any of the other ones work on the page. I'll fix that one now. -Rylan

krazik ( ) posted Mon, 28 November 2005 at 4:02 PM

k Chris you should be all fixed too. -Ry

krazik ( ) posted Mon, 28 November 2005 at 6:12 PM

Anyone?

krazik ( ) posted Wed, 30 November 2005 at 12:34 AM

Come on guys, I spent most of yesterday finding and fixing these bugs. Can no one confirm they're gone? ????????????

Chris ( ) posted Wed, 30 November 2005 at 2:12 AM

all ok here again now :) thank you Chris

sbertram ( ) posted Wed, 30 November 2005 at 7:39 AM

Sorry, I was in and out yesterday, so I hadn't had a chance to check. Just loaded it up, and everything loads just great! Looks like you found whatever the bug was. Thank you so much for working on this! Yah!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.