Thu, Sep 19, 5:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:13 am)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: ARGGG!

anitalee ( ) posted Mon, 16 January 2006 at 4:35 PM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 5:21 PM

Ok, I am happy if this new cart system will help with server issues, BUT: 1. What happened to all the stuff in my cart that I was about to purchase today!! 2. I need my public wish list and my private as two sepearte lists, they are how I keep track of what I plan to buy when I next have money so how do I get them as two sepeate lists?! Thanks Anita

sherrys ( ) posted Mon, 16 January 2006 at 4:47 PM ยท edited Mon, 16 January 2006 at 4:53 PM

Hello Anitalee

We sent out an e-mail telling everyone about our new system conversion and offered a coupon discount on items in your shopping cart. Those purchases needed to be made by Jan. 15.

You will only have one Wish List but you can personalize by the status of either public or private.

Let us know if you have any more questions.

Thanks
Sherry Smith

Message edited on: 01/16/2006 16:53

anitalee ( ) posted Mon, 16 January 2006 at 4:55 PM

It did not tell me I was going to lose my cart, so those items are just gone and I have to find them again, if I choose to bother with this mess?

sherrys ( ) posted Mon, 16 January 2006 at 5:08 PM

Hey Anitalee Here is what was posted on the front page article regarding the conversion and the shopping cart issue. Due to the MarketPlace conversion and data base changes, we will not be able to convert items that are currently in your "Shopping Cart" that have not been purchased. We would like to offer everyone a extremely special coupon to purchase the items that may still be in your "Shopping Cart". Please click here to find out how you can save money and get those products you've been waiting to purchase. If you are unable to purchase those items before January 16th, but still want to keep a record of what you want to purchase, you may add those items to your "Wish List". Everyone's "Wish List" will be converted to the new BCS MarketPlace. Thanks You Sherry Smith

anitalee ( ) posted Mon, 16 January 2006 at 5:13 PM

Thanks for your kind and caring understanding of customer issues with the new cart system. It helps me in my decision of where I should buy my future products from. Instead of shoving one issue in my face why not help me to use the new system, that would have been more customer friendly.

Armorbeast ( ) posted Mon, 16 January 2006 at 5:14 PM

Hey...when I try to go into the new marketplace it says I'm a visitor but when I go anywhere else it logs me back in by my username.I thought maybe I had to join this seperately so I tried to register and it took me to the frontpage where I'm already logged in.Any ideas whats up?

If the end goal of learning is genius...why are most geniuses failures at learning?

Armorbeast ( ) posted Mon, 16 January 2006 at 5:17 PM

Nevermind...refreshed the page several times and it finally logged me in.

If the end goal of learning is genius...why are most geniuses failures at learning?

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Mon, 16 January 2006 at 5:28 PM

I don't think I ever got a notice about the changes and I didn't see the article because the front page (much like the new store front page) is so badly layed out. I also really hate the forced left hand menu since the store is made too wide and I have to scroll on every single place. I guess it is going to save me some cash at least. Ugh

sherrys ( ) posted Mon, 16 January 2006 at 5:34 PM

Hello Ghostofmacbeth I'm sorry for the problems your having, I think that once you are use to the new system you will find it more customer friendly. As a valued customer we can appreciate any ideas for improving it, just let us know what your ideas are. Thanks for your patience! Renderosity Admin Sherry Smith

drifterlee ( ) posted Mon, 16 January 2006 at 5:36 PM

I have purchased over 950 items from Renderosity in the last year and a half. That totals over $10,000 US dollars. I NEVER received any coupon, and that really pisses me off. Also, my purchase history no longer shows the item number which I used to run a search on my PC to find that item if I need to reinstall it. The new format is awful, and the site still runs slow like a turtle. I could not even access my own site today. Notice, there are only about 400 people logged on now and usually it is over 2000. I say fire your webmaster. Bring back the old marketplace. I loved the way it was. It was superior to all the other sites and now it is awful!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anitalee ( ) posted Mon, 16 January 2006 at 5:38 PM

I would just really love to have the two wishlists seperate if htat is possible and to have the item price in the wishlist and the vendor if possible. Also I have a new issue, sorry. I used to be able to click on the vendors name while in the store and send them a message or see their artist page which would often have a link to their own website, can we no longer do this? How do I see the artist pages now? Thanks Anita

Klutz ( ) posted Mon, 16 January 2006 at 5:45 PM

If the Admins are replying on this thread. Thought I had better bring this thread to your attention http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=2542464&Reply=2542745#29 :0(

********************************************************************************************************************

Life is a beta.

In faecorum semper, solum profundum variat.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Mon, 16 January 2006 at 6:14 PM

They are replying but only to say "live with it" which basically means they are reading it but not listening ... *Not being able to find the wishlist is not more customer friendly *Once finding the wishlist (by adding somethign to it) and not having any useful information is not more customer friendly *Having to scroll to the sideon every page is not more customer friendly *Not being able to change the way the purchases are sorted (by vendor etc) is not more customer friendly. *Forcing a right layout to be aligned on the lefthand side for no reason (other than forcing people to scroll) is not more customer friendly

ClintH ( ) posted Mon, 16 January 2006 at 7:02 PM

Hi Ghost, We are listening and will take all suggestions into consideration. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

LadyFrog ( ) posted Mon, 16 January 2006 at 7:11 PM

Alot of features I liked are gone! this new layout is very uncomfortable to shop and actually makes me feel irritable. I definately wont browse it for any length of time.

angelluciano ( ) posted Mon, 16 January 2006 at 7:16 PM ยท edited Mon, 16 January 2006 at 7:23 PM

Ummmm... I DEFINITELY didn't get a coupon offer either. I have all of my emails from R'osity saved. The last email I got was just a reminder of the conversion. NO COUPON. Can we still get the coupon we were 'suppose' to get? I love the new Marketplace, but I, like Drifterlee, did not receive any coupon offer and I spend a LOT of money in the marketplace too. :(

Thanx,
Angelluciano

Oh, and the site does seem slower than ever now... mainly the galleries, though. And there's not even many people logged in compared to what it normally is. Although I can't speak for everyone else, I kind of like the new format... And I love the ability to be able to upload two 25mb zips. Nice job I think it'll just take some time getting used to for some people.

Message edited on: 01/16/2006 19:23

Arturzinho ( ) posted Mon, 16 January 2006 at 7:21 PM

ARGGG!!!!! I Want my old rosity back!!!

Don't like it. period!

Don't like the layout, not easy to find my wishlist, my cart is gone (my fault ok), purchases don't sort...
And what is that new Wishlist? No price, no Merchant name... Is this a joke?

Nice upgrade of something... But I like the old marketplace much better!

ClintH ( ) posted Mon, 16 January 2006 at 7:27 PM

Hi Angelluciano, Select Account and then Wishlist. At this time I dont have any active coupons. We will have some coupons coming out in the near future. Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

Arturzinho ( ) posted Mon, 16 January 2006 at 7:31 PM

Next is the text from the e-mail. Please can someone tell me were it says I was going to lose my cart? Thanks "We are pleased to announce that the Renderosity MarketPlace will be converting over to the Bondware 3.0 platform on January 16th. We would like to offer everyone a extremely special coupon to purchase items that may still be in your "Shopping Cart". Please click here to find out how you can save money and get those products you've been waiting to purchase. We are looking forward to providing you with new tools that allow for a faster, easier and more dynamic shopping experience!"

angelluciano ( ) posted Mon, 16 January 2006 at 7:38 PM

Well at least you got a coupon offer... Some of us didn't even get that, and I was told I'd have to wait for future coupons (which we're all probably gonna get offered anyway). Scroll up & look.

cliff-dweller ( ) posted Mon, 16 January 2006 at 7:59 PM ยท edited Mon, 16 January 2006 at 8:02 PM

Well, I'm willing to be a bit patient and see how they iron out the problems over the coming days.

I will say, that there are a few needed changes that are crucial to keep me shopping here:

• DEFINITELY don't want to have to login a second time when I go to the Marketplace!

• Agree or disagree, I for one rely very heavily on customer reviews for the products I'm considering for purchase. So those have to be put back or I'll be ALOT more cautious shopping here since Renderosity doesn't have a return policy like DAZ does.

• Probably HALF of all my purchases originate from a regular review of my wishlist for items that have gone on sale. I know, I know, I also get emails about sales, but I lose track of those so I check my wishlist regularly. The prices and what's on sale HAVE to be put back there or it's virtually useless to me. Merchant's names would be nice, too.

• I'm not crazy about the left-hand-side navigation either, but I can live with it. What I CAN'T live with is the fact that the MP font size no longer is affected by my individual browser settings. The text is TOO SMALL to comfortably use now.

Hope you're listening to us, PTB at Renderosity. I found very little to complain about with the old marketplace (the poor search function being the only complaint, really, and I gather that's not been improved...from what other customers have said).

Thank you for reading this, PTB!
{Edited to fix typos}

Message edited on: 01/16/2006 20:02

Check out my full gallery at Cliff-Dweller Artworks

byheart ( ) posted Mon, 16 January 2006 at 8:10 PM

it shouldn't be such a big issue - just put our renderosity back like it was, then there's no problem . .. it was the only decent place to shop . . . now it's no better than the others.

Nosiferret ( ) posted Mon, 16 January 2006 at 9:03 PM

There was no coupon like they normally send out. It was in their newsletter under the subject of "R'Osity Weekly Jan. 11, 2006" that had a link that took you to a page where there was a coupon code for 10% anything $10.00 or more. It was right there in the first paragraph with a hyperlink in it. Quote: "We are pleased to announce that the Renderosity MarketPlace will be converting over to the Bondware 3.0 platform on January 16th. We would like to offer everyone a extremely special coupon to purchase items that may still be in your "Shopping Cart". Please >>>>click here<<<< to find out how you can save money and get those products you've been waiting to purchase. " So give Rosity a break, if you didn't get the newsletter because you delete them when you get them, or didn't sign-up for it, or you just didn't read it. Not their fault.

nruddock ( ) posted Mon, 16 January 2006 at 9:17 PM

The forum post about the changeover also had the link to the coupon details.

Armorbeast ( ) posted Mon, 16 January 2006 at 10:40 PM

Well,I have to say I like the old marketplace a lot better but then again when they went with a white bg and most people seemed to complain that really didn't seem to matter either. You have to understand that within any company there is a chain of command and policies...those you talk with here are often the agents of those who make the changes so there's nothing you can achieve in talking with them unless its general usage.I don't think this radical change came from the admins and even if it could have been its the owners who have to make the change. Where I work,they changed the phone systems to make it better for the customers so that now you can enter all your info by speaking when prompted to do so.Nevermind that it rarely works correct and if you have an accent or a cold it doesn't work...never mind you no longer have the buttons to manually enter the info anymore~they say its staying so we basically have to tell the customers its a great system when you get used to it.Unfortunately lol...where I work we already know it can't work because the simple premise is speech and understanding what you say which no computer can do as well as entering the info manually (let alone when it routes the agents together instead of the customer with the agent lol). So you're probably talking to people here who can't do anything about it,they're just doing their jobs and hope for the best...its the people at the top who made or authorised the change you'll have to talk to.

basil99 ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 12:21 AM ยท edited Tue, 17 January 2006 at 12:33 AM

Old Rosity was better

Message edited on: 01/17/2006 00:33

gypsyangel ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 1:07 AM

Wow...I really can't stand this new store. Where is the feedback on items? I spend a lot of money here---and I depend on the feedback. I also like to search recent purchases now I have to either know it alphabetically or I can play the order number guessing game. This is just like RDNA's store and my purchases there have dropped considerably since they put this shopping software in. Just my two cents---this new store bites. :) Laura

Armorbeast ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 1:21 AM

Hey...the thing keeps logging me into the store as Visitor each time I come back.Thought it was the cookies but apparently not.Also,I hate the wishlist not having thumbs when I check to see whats not up for public view and when I do a search now I get one frikken page when I use the search options.Thats a total waste of time as I need search for general uses,if I already know more specific returns I can go straight to the artists store links. Store has birth defects guys,time to get the doctors and surgeons in here to work on it.

Fyrene ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 1:21 AM

Its a little annoying, when you move something from the wishlist to the cart, it takes you to the cart, but no link to get back to the wishlist. You have to navigate back to your account, then the wishlist. The past purchases now just have numbers. Have to click on each and every one to see what the purchase was. In the past you could see what the purchase was at one glance. Its not really user friendly, as it was before. My 2 cents, whatever its worth.

Fyrene ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 1:23 AM

Oh, one othr thing. When a vendor updates a product we get an email to go back to our purchases to redownload the product. Now, we have to click on each an every link to find which of them was the purchase of that particular product. Had to point that out :)

Fyrene ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 1:31 AM

Okies. I just found the item list and can now see the update column. Very kewl. However, where is the "Leave Review"????

Hyria ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 1:37 AM

I don't buy much--anywhere cause always broke but...

I liked the old store better. It liked me too since I didn't have to log in once i logged in to the main page. Now I am listed as a visitor.

Another thing, the continuity of your pages just went out the door with those stark white backgrounds...they hurt the eyes. It looks awful with the rest of the site being black background.

I also like having a wishlist for things and not to have the two seperate ones listed together...this may be of a great help on your end but not on the customer end...what happened to the customer friendly environment.

Insanity is a waking state...Darkness is a being...Want To Play.........heheheheh

Armorbeast ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 1:46 AM

Methinks its still on Christmas vacation;P

angelluciano ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 2:29 AM

This is REALLY starting to get terrible... NO REVIEWS, the font is wayyyyyy too SMALL, and the navigation is TERRIBLE. The more I play with the new marketplace, (and believe me I've pretty much figured everything out now) the more I find things I don't like. The only thing I like about it is the ability to be able to upload 2 zips and more optional image ads. But that's from a merchant's point of view. As a customer, WHERE ARE THE REVIEWS? Where is the ability to click on someone's name and get to their homepage to read more personal things about them like whether they have a personal website and such? Why is the font soooo small and everything looks sooooo bland. With this being a site for 'artists', I would've thought the font would be bigger and the marketplace would be more eye-candyish and not so bland, technical, and hard to read. And as far as Nosiferret's comment on the coupons, ("There was no coupon like they normally send out... So give Rosity a break, if you didn't get the newsletter because you delete them when you get them, or didn't sign-up for it, or you just didn't read it. Not their fault."), how in the world is that 'not' their fault? lol If the coupon isn't in the 'normal' place, it's almost like they didn't want you to find it. That's just like your boss telling you, 'Oh, your check was usually here but we moved it. So if you couldn't find it, too bad. lol You should've checked elsewhere.'... with NO WARNING at all. I mean at least send the coupons out the way you normally do, maybe with a note saying that they can be found elsewhere in the future. But even with all that said, I still have ALL my R'osity emails and I don't have ANYTHING with a 'link' to coupon... just checked again. Maybe you got it, but a lot of us didn't.

angelluciano ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 2:35 AM

Daz has a prettier website than we do now... and that's a shame. I keep checking to see if the amount of people in the marketplace will increase, but it keeps plummeting. I reckon we'll be losing a lot of customers and business with this new, bland, hard-to-navigate site. Oh well, I guess life goes on. We just might have to find a new home. Afterall, there was a time when R'osity didn't even exist. At least now, there's other more friendly sites out there...

Vali ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 4:48 AM

gosh..i cant believe what a mess...I spent an hour to realize what is all about...the new layout is a pain in the neck... I dont find all the features...not to mention the related products link in the intro dont work anymore... plus..before when I was opening my account page, I knew that there was the list with all the products sold in the curent month and with the amount of money you got on the curent month...now I see a wierd list of orders...no product name, no nothing...just order numbers... anyway...and there is many more... my question is why did it has to be so complicated made...when it was so easy to use before ?

mhmann ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 11:31 AM ยท edited Tue, 17 January 2006 at 11:38 AM

This is REALLY terrible thing ... NO REVIEWS (NO feedback on items?) the

font is way too S M A L L, and the navigation is T E R R I B L E too.
Gosh... I cant believe what a mess...I spent quite some time to realize

what is all about...the new layout is a pain in the asssssssss... I

don't find all the features ... not to mention the related products link

in the intro, they don't work anymore ...

ARGGG!!!!! I want the old rosity back!!!

And what is that new Wishlist all about? No price, no Merchant name...

Is this a terrible joke?

And last but not leastr, I DEFINITELY didn't get a coupon offer either.
NO COUPON, and I spend a LOT of money in the marketplace too. :(

Message edited on: 01/17/2006 11:38

Mariny ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 11:37 AM

I agree with vali here!! I think you have to do something about all the complains about the site.. I don't like the new layot..It's hard to find what I shall find..No thumbs, just numbers and numbers all over... I miss the options when I saw that persons name that bought a product, and it was so easy to send the bonus... No I have to copy and paste, then go to another link to find the IM and send:( I want that Renderosity can have the old layout.. That was soo easy.. I don't understand why the site change sooo much, just because of "going" to another server??? Isn't it possible to change server and have the old layout??? Hope you do something about this, because I think the members have something to say in this case.. And now it's just 300 logged in??? It was almost everytime over 2000 before

angelluciano ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 11:53 AM

I agree... and I was one of the ones who kind of liked it at first before I'd really tried it. The old marketplace 'was' easier to use... The only thing I like about the new one is the ability to upload more than one zip and the ability to have 4 extra image options for our products. Other than that, the wishlist is terrible, the font is horrible, and navigation is a pain. Plus, it's MUCH, MUCH, LESS PERSONAL. I don't know if R'osity did that on purpose or not, but it kind of makes you wonder when you look at how bland & dry the marketplace looks now. Hopefully they will fix this. Although there's a lot of complaints about being able to purchase & download products, I'm not as concerned with that. You KNOW they're gonna fix that (and fast) because they're missing out on money. But I am concerned with them ignoring all our complaints about this terribly impersonal, bland, and hard-to-navigate marketplace (which according to them, the whole site's probably gonna be like this once they switch the galleries and stuff over). I wonder if there's a new business tycoon or something in charge that's about to chase half the members away...

gypsyangel ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 12:01 PM

Well, if the complaints are any indication then they will be losing a lot of money. I needed to get some poses this morning and instead of shopping around and picking up a few things I got my poses and got out. I used to not finish shopping with less than 4 items in my cart, now I'm rushing out with only one. So what could have been a $40-$70 sale turned into a $10. If that's the way TPTB want it, then I can think of a lot of things to do with the extra money!! And it won't be shopping here...

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 5:11 PM

OK, refreshing does NOTHING for me! Asked for my password to be sent via email. Still nothing!

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 5:56 PM

Alright Karen1574 helped me by telling me about the upper/lower case issue so I've changed my password to all lowercase and now I can log into the forums as well as the market place. Problem Solved.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.