Sun, Oct 6, 6:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: The new store --- 200,000 happy campers ?

Dave-So ( ) posted Mon, 16 January 2006 at 10:31 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 11:58 PM

now that 82 of us have expressed our displeasure with the new store layout and function, what about you other 211,018?

just checking OOPS ... I'm 2 years behind ... what about you other 400,000 members ???

Message edited on: 01/16/2006 22:33

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 16 January 2006 at 10:59 PM

That's 82 in this forum. What about all the other forums? From what I understand there are threads in very many of them with people complaining... not to mention anything that was sent by email to the admins and not posted.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

ratscloset ( ) posted Mon, 16 January 2006 at 11:51 PM · edited Tue, 17 January 2006 at 12:03 AM

Okay, I am editting... I dumped my Cache and things work a lot better. For awhile it was slow, but now it seems better. I am willing to give them a chance to work out the bugs... they are not too use to PHP after all!

Message edited on: 01/17/2006 00:03

ratscloset
aka John

KymJ ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 1:25 AM

LOL Dave, just keeping an eye out at this stage but please let there not be 400,000 replies :) Kyn

STORE:
http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=KymJ
GALLERY:
www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=KymJ

Armorbeast ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 1:29 AM

Check the Marketplace forum at the bottom of the list lol.The search brings up one page for me each time,I come here and in the store I'm a visitor each time unless I refresh my cookies...like I said down there,store has birth defects so its time to call in the doctors and surgeons. Oh and as for the 211,000...remember,thats only actually 500 members with 40,000 usernames each (slight joke there guys...lighten up)

If the end goal of learning is genius...why are most geniuses failures at learning?

onimusha ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 5:05 AM

I don't like the new store either: My wishlist no longer lets me know the prices of items or whether or not they are on sale. People had also complained for years that there's no checkbox system in the wishlist and that it's a pain to be able to only move one item at a time into your cart. Why they didn't institute that is a mystery. At least the wishlist is now in alphabetical order, but without prices, I will be moving a lot of stuff into and out of my cart unnecesisarily all the time. Can't stand the CP marketplace type pages. Yeah this sucks... and I feel like I've spent more than enough money here to be bitingly critical, which I normally don't do...

operaguy ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 5:55 AM

Cassandra here, This might be only the beginning. They may completely change the forums look and feel, also. This might just be the first shot in a complete makeover "intended" to improve speed, etc. You have been warned. P.S. No item names on purchases history is insane.

byAnton ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 6:08 AM

Renderosity is run by Bondware wich is a software package. My understanding is it just went through a major upgrade. My understanding has been that what we see as Renderosity was a very heavily customized version of Bondware. I am sure this transition is just that..transition. I would guess that it will take time to customize, convert so much product info and data. I wouldn't get so freaked out. I think it will be all pretty and great when they are done re-setting up from the upgrade.

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

operaguy ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 6:14 AM

You may be correct, Anton, but in that case, why make the grand announcement "Our New Baby". Why not tell the 400,000 members that this is just the first ledge, and that more will be coming. As it is, there was no call for imput, no glimpse at an alpha, no warning it was coming and no "letter to our faithful members" explaining the implementation cycle and goals. And...why put such a half-baked application into service? ::::: Opera :::::

Dave-So ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 6:21 AM

my point here is that there are only a handful of people here that ever say anything, pro or con to any event that comes along. We may be vocal, but only a small part of this "community". Or we may be the community and the rest are coming along buying stuff without ever making a peep. And guess what...if the sales are continuing, all is well for the owners,...whether the software sucks or not, or the customer service, or anything else. That's why you see a decline in services by a lot of big companies...a few people bitch, the rest just roll along filling up their credit cards. Anyway, I'm somewhat the same...if there's a product here that kindles my interest, Its going in my cart. The only person hurt by me not buying an item is me in the long run.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

Phantast ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 6:37 AM

That may be the way it works for you, Dave-So, but many people, when they see something they like, they put it first in their wishlist. This is what I do, and periodically I go through my wishlist and order a bunch of stuff from it. If the wishlist is badly handled, the number of items that will get transferred to my cart at some future point will be a lot less. Translates to: lower sales. Translates to: less income.

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 7:02 AM

There are many forums for various types of art that don't require people to use the MP at all. People who use PSP, photoshop, those who write or draw/paint etc. They all have forums relating to their art interests that they have to register to post in, but these same people have no need to utilize the MP either. So seeing 400,000 members, is misleading because not all 400,000 members utilize Poser, Vue, Bryce or buy things from the MP.

mickmca ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 7:05 AM

That's why you see a decline in services by a lot of >> big companies...a few people bitch, the rest just roll >> along filling up their credit cards. You hit that nail on the head. For all their posturing about values, most people only care about one thing -- what happens to them. So when they get the virus, buy the toaster that doesn't work, or lose their house, then, and only then, is it important. They may even complain; but who gives a flip? And the corporations, with their dinosaur brains and guts, finally are figuring that out. So if you don't like it, we won't do anything about it. And that's a "personal promise!!" If you're gonna just roll along, folks, shut up with the whining, Ok? It's curdling my coffee. M

mickmca ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 7:28 AM

Well, I just wasted five minutes trying to log in to see my wish list with Firefox. My password doesn't work, no doubt because of either code that assumes MSIE (who NEEDS people who don't like it?) or some sort of invasive cookie that Firefox is choking on. To be sure, I had my password emailed to me. Typing EXACTLY what they sent, it took me four more tries to get logged in, and then I went right back to the BABY screen. What a crock. So I click "My Account" again and get the useless list of order numbers and, finally, a way to see my wish list. And sure enough, my list is "alphabetized" (in that special sense that techies use the word, where "La Cubana" is first because it's 'alphabetized' on the quotation mark). No prices, no dates, no idea why I wanted any of it. Not even an indication of how old the piece, or my adding it to the list, might be. And stuff that is long gone from the market is still there, so I can click on an item and be told, after another page loads, that ByteMeOk's Amazing Grace is "no longer available." Brain-dead. I'm not even going to bother to clean out the list. It's history... in the medical sense. M

ratscloset ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 7:39 AM

If you click on Item List, you will see all your Items. The View Orders is just that, your past Orders. Clicking on any of the Order Numbers lets you see what you got on that particular Order. I personally like that detail. The Wishlist and Thumbnails need refinement (Wishlist to show Regular and Sale Price and Images. I often review based on images, not just names. Thumbnails need to show Sale Price.)

ratscloset
aka John

mickmca ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 7:45 AM

I love it. I opened Amazing Grace in a second tab. I just went back to the "not available" message, and it turns out it loads the entire merchant display, including alternate pages and price, even though the product is long gone. And the first page shows Grace (Man, I wish I had bought it before the awful truth appeared) stark as born but somewhat hairier. Oh my eyes! My eyes! Of course, for all the PTB's chest thumping about the morally uplifting effect of g-strings, there is still full frontal nudity in the freebie thumbnails, in an area much more likely to be visited by kids.... Hypocrisy is just full of complications. M

umutov ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 7:52 AM

Ok here is my input for this. As a merchant I am very sad to be posting like this, but hey I am trying to make the most fun out of something which makes me feel like crying. All my store promo pages are messed up. I am very sorry for the ugly looking promo pages because of this system change, which I can't even edit at the moment, cause whatever page I touch gets deleted from the marketplace. I hope you will like my image

-renapd- ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 7:58 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

"Rosemary's Baby" is BACK!! Umut's feedback has the full support of all merchants at present! All our html work has gone down the drain, no in-store links work anymore and NONE of it is our fault plus we can't touch a single thing without bringing further disaster on our heads! :( Thank God your majority is sensible enough to complaint and protest about this new monster! :) Rena

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]
"Collect moments, not things."

umutov ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 8:16 AM

You now what really gets me? It writes ON BEHALF OF THE RENDEROSITY MERCHANTS. Please do not include my name into this mess. I don't have anything to do with this. Why am I included in to it? I am not the father of this baby? lol I am very sorry for having this cry here, but maybe it is a good possibility for you customers and browsers to see what we are facing. We are all giving our time and efforts (days and nights) from trying to bring the best we can for our customers and visitors to buy or just even have a look at. Sorry, I am running out of words, and that is something very extra ordinary for me, usually I always have words. Umut Aydin AKA UMUTOV

operaguy ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 8:28 AM

wait..... Rendo did not consult the merchants when designing this store?

Khai ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 8:29 AM

when do they ever consult anyone? as usual, they just went ahead and did it...

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 8:40 AM

A few weeks ago there was a survey on the front page, and I took it. I remember being asked questions about the various MP features and if I used them; features like "what's hot", "just released" etc. I found it to be a rather narrow and quite lame survey because there were only set choices and you couldn't add your own answers. Maybe that was their way of "polling" people here in preparation for this terrible change?

-renapd- ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 8:41 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

Nope OperaGuy!! No preview..no beta..no details! Just an announcement and then a reminder that we'll get sooo many extras with the Bondware 3.0 upgrade that would take only 8 hours to complete. That's the time the store would have to be down! And Rosemary's Baby was BORN! LOL Rena

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]

Khai ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 8:42 AM

naw.. we get those questions every year.. this 'change' was supposed to be in beta for months.. I'm dreading next month.. it's the forums turn ;)

Robo2010 ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 8:44 AM

Umm...my wishlist is full of "X's" now. Tried to delete all, but I get error "Page cannot be found"

Blackhearted ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 8:44 AM

i dont understand why this couldnt have been tested on a separate machine with a backup copy of the renderosity databases, in parallel, by bondware before it was just swapped in. any new software is bound to have bugs but some of these are glaringly obvious. surely these problems would have shown up then and could have been fixed at leasure without frustrating and inconveniencing hundreds of thousands of customers and two thousand merchants.

Khai ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 8:46 AM

I've asked that question before.. and was told that the database was 'too large' and that 'it could not be tested properly' to anyone with experience in the real world (IE Non-Renderosity) will now be falling off their chair laughing.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 8:55 AM

i see ive lost even more of my marketing priveleges, yet again. where is all of my feedback? where is my former MOM icon? where is the sidebar with links to other best-selling products - both in my store and the general store? where is 'customers who purchased this product also purchased...?' why are my tables on my product pages - which are simple HTML - messed up? i was supposed to leave in 20 min on a 600km drive up north but now it seems like ill be fixing my goddamn promo pages yet again. if the database was 'too large' then a section of it could have been used, or even an older backup before it grew so big. most of these problems would have been immediately noticable. that something like this was released in its current state is a slap in the face to merchants and customers. i know perfectly well that new software inevitably has bugs. but im hearing this over and over again lately as an excuse from software companies and coders for releasing a product that was not tested thorougly. yes, new software has bugs - but it is not an excuse to rush an untested product out the door.

-renapd- ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 8:59 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

Blackhearted...DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING!!!!! The minute you edit a page the item dissapears from the what's hot and what's new pages and shows only in your store! Honest to God..this is not a joke! LOL Read the merchants forum! Hongyu and As Shanim both had it this way..just leave all as they are till admins wake up and start giving a few explanations about this nightmare! :) Rena

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]

-renapd- ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 9:01 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

Some merchants were lost from the merchants list too this way..and this is NO JOKE either! Hard to believe I know but we experience the RMP Armagedon Era...all is possible! :)

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 9:02 AM · edited Tue, 17 January 2006 at 9:05 AM

Gabriel, did you take your store down?! I clicked your name and then clicked "view online store" to see if I saw askewed tables, and I got a 404 error. EDIT: It seems the only way to access merchant stores now is from directly within the MP and using the drop down menu there. I can't access them from clicking the person's name here and then clicking to view their store. Also, I looked at your store, and your tables look ok to me.I looked at the first item listed and it seem aligned and all the same size where they are supposed to be. Have you tried clearing out your temporary internet files before you go and rework your images? Maybe you won't have to.

Message edited on: 01/17/2006 09:05

-renapd- ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 9:06 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

NO links from normal 'Rosity to the marketplace work. Links have changed for all in-store pages. Her store is there but has another link now..old ones don't work Acadia! Rena

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]

umutov ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 9:09 AM

Yep just lost my Top Selling item, from the What's hot section. I wonder what the customer are thinking. Gabriel do not touch anything as Renapd said, even the pages look all buggy, atleast they are in the MP, if you touch they go. Umut.

-renapd- ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 9:09 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

I wish someone qualified would tell us why not on tables but on simple html text.. one space line gets interpeted to 3, 4, or 5 at random in RMP promo pages. I always had one space line in between headers, text, table and now endless gaps - as long as they please! LOL Rena

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]

operaguy ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 9:15 AM

blackhearted and khai, I am rolling on floor, laughing out load Foxpro vet here, several million record tables, etc. Anything that ends in "it was impossible to test" is not a lie, but a BIG LIE. I wonder how big the files actually are? ::::: Opera ::::: P.S. Seriously, if they did not place a backup on a testing system, then do they even HAVE a copy of the data before switch?

Khai ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 9:19 AM

"P.S. Seriously, if they did not place a backup on a testing system, then do they even HAVE a copy of the data before switch?" erm.. answer from last time they did a big system change... "it was not possible to back up the old system" so.. we're stuck with it. I am SO glad I closed my store here and went elsewhere....

operaguy ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 9:24 AM

do you have any idea how many gigs the data would be?

Blackhearted ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 9:37 AM

yes. however surely they can use a part of the database, an older backup. they dont need to have all of the gallery images and posts from every single forum, for example, to test the marketplace. i am not a programmer, nor do i pretend to be. but dont tell me there is absolutely no way to test something like this without a full conversion. if it was tested with a part of the rosity database then these issues would have been easy to spot. so from where i sit it looks like it wasnt tested. i only hope that my feedback wasnt lost permanently. ive taken a lot of shit here over the years but that will be the final straw. btw - thanks guys for the warning on editing. what saved me was actually the fact that rio and i spent 10 min looking for an edit button and cant find it anywhere, otherwise wed have edited the pages already :(

-renapd- ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 9:44 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

Now that you are warned I WILL share the big secret of where's the edit button hidden! LOL That's what saved me too - prior ignorance! :) On the last drop down menu of your Vendors Control Room choose Product list. You'll see them all with an edit text link next to the title. Now how on earth you can preview something in pending..don't ask that much..another mystery to be solved eventually! LOL Rena

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 9:47 AM

CP Paradise has a development site that they implement changes on before they hit the regular site. Renderosity should have done something like that instead of just "Doing it" here. Then they could have done a Beta test of the development site and gotten feedback on what was good and what was bad and what truely was a disaster.

Ardiva ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 9:50 AM

"No prices, no dates, no idea why I wanted any of it. Not even an indication of how old the piece, or my adding it to the list, might be. " Maybe it's too much trouble, but do you think clicking on an item will show you what it was and how much it cost?

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 9:52 AM

Quote - Maybe it's too much trouble, but do you think clicking on an item will show you what it was and how much it cost?

On a site this slow, and for people on dial up, that's a royal pain, and God awful time consuming. The old way you could see it all at a glance, which was ideal.

-renapd- ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 9:53 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

Rosemary's Baby just LOOOOVES lots of clicks! hehe!

[[MyGallery] [MyStore]

Blackhearted ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 10:02 AM

"CP Paradise has a development site that they implement changes on before they hit the regular site. Renderosity should have done something like that instead of just "Doing it" here. Then they could have done a Beta test of the development site and gotten feedback on what was good and what was bad and what truely was a disaster." thats pretty much standard procedure for any large site such as this. i guess were the only ones that get the kamikaze updates.

seattletim ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 10:07 AM

I wrote the admin a personal email to say I did not like the new site and I asked them to return it to the old version.elow is the response I got. It seems, from her words, that there are people out there who have told them they like it. This seemed like a form letter. Here is the email I got in response: Hello, While we understand that change is sometimes difficult, we do feel moving to the .php based site is a good move. There will be so many more enhancements we will be able to make (and certainly make more quickly). We believe that once we make some minor adjustments and tweaks, which always has to happen by trial and error on a move like this, members will come to love the new way things look and the feel of it. Please try and be patient as we gather member suggestions and input to see what adjustments need to be made. This will be an ongoing process. We are receiving lots and lots of positive feedback through IM's, emails, phone calls and forum posts and we realize that not everyone will love it at first (and maybe never) but we are going to try and do our best so that the majority feels good about the change. Thank you so much for your feedback. Thank you, Community Manager

Thorgrim ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 10:12 AM

I don't know enough about WEB stores to know what .php means, but if it can provide so many more options then why can't it provide the look and feel of the old site?

Phantast ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 10:20 AM

Oh, if the store is now php driven (php is a scripting language, Thorgrim) and the rest of the site is not, it explains why a double login is required. The only remedy will be to php-ize the whole site, I think.

kalon ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 10:22 AM

I'm going to chime in here, because the email I sent to the admins seemed to indicate that there is a veritable horde of people who absolutely love this new marketplace-- apparently they don't post in forums.

Tried to post in the Feedback on new marketplace thread, but the forum ate my post.

I don't want to repeat the same issues, though I agree wholeheartedly with all of them, but let me say this. While the concept of the customer always being right seems to be dead and buried these days, this new marketplace violates what should be the new first rule of commerce... Do Not Make it Hard for me to Give you My Money. I spend enough here, all of us do. Don't make it harder than it has to be.

While I'd like to take the high road and say I'll never spend another dime here, that would just be posturing, because certain merchants that I like are RMP exclusive. I did however dump about two-thirds of my wishlist this morning.

Don't know if it's possible, but ideally, I would love to see a wishlist implemented (with all the important information) like Netflix DVD list with the ability to sort on all fields, prioritize your items and a check system to apply the same action to multiple selections. That would have been a baby worth welcoming.

kalonart.com

Blackhearted ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 10:29 AM

"Please try and be patient as we gather member suggestions and input to see what adjustments need to be made. This will be an ongoing process." what, i need to actually write in and tell them that the fact that there is no customer feedback on products is a 'problem'?

drifterlee ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 10:32 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains violence

The new store stinks and my purchase history is now a nightmare. I used the purchase history to find things on my hard drive by copying the item number into my Windows search so I could reinstall it into Poser 6 when I bought Poser 6. Now, If I have a crash and have to reinstall, how am I going to find the things I want to reinstall????? I loved RR the way it was and spent most of my money here because the marketplace and purchase history was user friendly and the promos were nice and big. Now, the store looks like a six-year-old programmed it. As a matter of fact, a six-year-old geek would do a better job. I also read some people are not getting downloads working after they bought something in the new store. And please get rid of the baby picture. This new store is one baby that should have been aborted.

odeathoflife ( ) posted Tue, 17 January 2006 at 10:34 AM

you guys are going to have to give it a chance to succeed, granted it looks a little weird in my browser window, it does function and functioning is an important aspect of a web store. Yeah it looks like a different coloured RDNA store but only because they upgraded to 3.0 first. and I am sure they were able to first cause they have such a small store. php is a frequently updated and somewhat secure lang for sites and offers many things that I am sure their proprietary .ez just cannot do. I personally would have like to see it go .cfml :) just cause hahaha. About the store now. -it needs to be 0 top margin I have about 5-10 px of white space at the top, and about the same at the bottom. -the side bar reaces to the bottom but the footer is again about 10 px from the bottom leaving a white gap. -button area should be 100% btu I would get rid of the buttons all together and just use txt's. -wishlist I would like to see thumbnails -pages have far too many images on them -pages take a long time to load -title area should match the site -I would like to have the whole site consititant in look, this was my gripe about teh last change, I have my bg colour changed as well as my menu area on hte right. But again the whole site is going to get upgraded though so I will not bitch about it til it is done :)

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.