Sat, Sep 21, 7:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: !! AND NOW THE NODES!!! The moment You've been waiting for!

takezo3001 ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 1:29 PM

file_319872.jpg

takezo3001 ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 1:29 PM

file_319873.jpg

takezo3001 ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 1:41 PM

file_319874.jpg

Someone over at RDNA had a hard time with viewing my Not so clear posting of the nodes, so here it is again! I hope this works! ^_^ Sorry if it was too small for ya! ;^)

takezo3001 ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 1:44 PM

"I didn't realize you were going to post so many examples.. they delay makes sense, now, and I humbly apologize for my being critical. And also thanks for making this a shader spider FX as well!" ============================================================ As our national cousins over in astralia are so fond of sayin'.. "NO WORRIES MATE!" ;^D

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 1:45 PM

Many Thanks Now this one I can view with No Problem. Thanks again. DR

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson

takezo3001 ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 2:28 PM

file_319875.jpg

I just realised what you meant! Here's the renders WITHOUT FS!

takezo3001 ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 2:29 PM

file_319876.jpg

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 4:37 PM

Very good Takezo. I've been working with your material all day, trying to get some of the kinks out of it. Overall, I really want a material that responds intuitively to all lighting conditions. Here are the problems I've addressed. I will post renders in a second. 1) The skin node is wierd. I tested it by itself plugged into the translucent input. It produces NEGATIVE light at times, which is really messed up. It ends up adding red in some areas and REMOVING red (leaving the skin blue) in others. So I dropped it. BTW: If you keep it, part of the problem with it is the ambient should be 0. 2) The fastscatter blows up with IBL. I fixed this by subtracting a diffuse node from it. This way, it can only contribute where the skin is otherwise dark. Sometimes this produces negative light, but I fed that into a "Max of 0" so it is always positive. 3) The blinn was too strong. 4) The fastscatter is good for lighting the ears from behind, but not good for doing front-side scattering. Face_off uses a normal node to calculate FS SSS based on the position of your key light. It works well, but is a pain because moving the light requires adjusting the material. I found a better way - which is to use a diffuse node to index a color map node to emphasize red in varying amounts based on the overall lights, not just a single light. This means it works with IBL too. My hat is still off to you - putting the fastscatter into the translucent has made it work right. I'm still not convinced of the ray-traced shadow problem. So far, all the effects I want are suitably produced with depth map shadows. On problem still exists for me. I'll post a render showing it later.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 4:39 PM

file_319877.jpg

Ok first test render. Takezo material on the left, mine on the right. This is backlight only. The ears glow nice and I got rid of that wierd artifact on the scalp.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 4:39 PM

file_319878.jpg

This is backlight + IBL.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 4:40 PM

file_319879.jpg

This is backlight + keylight.

file_319880.jpg

This is backlight + IBL + key light.

file_319881.jpg

Backlight and overhead light.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 4:41 PM

file_319882.jpg

Backlight + IBL + keylight + overhead light.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 4:43 PM

file_319883.jpg

Here's a bigger render from a different angle.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 4:44 PM

file_319884.jpg

Here's the problem. This is mostly back light, with the other three turned really low. When viewed from the side, the fastscatter makes a hard edge at the limits of the back light. This is why I hate fastscatter. I can't think of a way to get rid of this. The ears look good though!

stewer ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 7:39 PM

You can get rid of the hard line by playing with shadow map blur and shadow bias, but there a much much easier way: control the amount of scattering with a simple b/w texture map that's black everywhere except on the ears. 256x256 should probably be enough already.

PoseWorks ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 7:59 PM

"I purchased Shader Spider when it first came out. With my going and coming from the Sea, I'm still not really up on it's use. I just did the 1.5 update. Could you please explain a wee bit on the usage of the FXMat????" In its first update, ShaderSpider's partial shaders gained the ability to wedge themselves in between the PoserSurface and other nodes (like texture maps). I refer to partial shaders that do this as "wedge shaders". Now, you can have material library files that apply partial shaders and wedge shaders, called FXMATs. FXMATs can be loaded from the material library to apply partial/wedge shaders to a figure. You can use ShaderSpider's new FXMAT Builder to (1) add an FX6 file that you want applied by the FXMAT, then (2) choose which materials on the figure that the FXMAT should apply to, and (3) repeat for each additional FX6 file you want the FXMAT to apply. FXMATs can be loaded from any runtime, provided that either ShaderSpider 1.5 or ShaderSpider LE is installed to the main P6 Runtime of the user. To use an FXMAT: 1) Load your figure, apply texture maps as desired. (You can use FXMATs on props as well) 2) Select a body part (or the Body) of the figure if it is not already selected. 3) Apply the FXMAT from your material library. The custom node setup then will be applied as specified in the FXMAT and its referenced FX6 files. This particular FXMAT is designed for DAZ generation 3 people. You can use ShaderSpider 1.5 to create a new FXMAT for any figures with other material setups.

Frisketus ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2006 at 12:05 AM

BM

Shadow_Fyre ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2006 at 12:23 AM

Thanks! bm

takezo3001 ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2006 at 2:24 AM

@bagginsbill..I'm Humbled and very happy! I'm real stuck on the Ray traced lights 'cause it's faster, and I love the pin-point accuracy it can sometimes deliver.. But that's simply a preferance of mine. ;^) As far as the HARD irritating line is concerned Yes, that's also a problem I'm gonna be nixing real soon! I'm REAL pleased that You have found my system useful, I was not gonna post this originally 'cause I'm REAL anal about getting things like this done right, It's still in it's 3rd stage and truth be told, I'm a little glad there's still some kinks to get out, as I've grown quite fond of this project, and would love to have an excuse for further tweeking! I guess Like my art, it will never be "Done" and even though, I started this out of frustration, I've grown real fond of this, and I'm really having fun with this project! Thanks alot for the insights,I've found some new inspirations to quest for!

n3k0 ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 1:45 AM

bookmarking

asbesti ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 4:58 AM

Man this is exellent! I really have to take a better look on this tut when I get my 'puter up and working! and almost forgot, BM!

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 10:40 AM

This is still fairly new to me. I certainly like what I see. Could you post the Number, Type, Characteristics etc of the lights that you used with this please???? Cheers DR

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 4:11 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=2553769

For those of you who've been following along here, I've started another thread with my latest mat posted. Links to nudity.

jediclone ( ) posted Fri, 27 January 2006 at 6:59 AM

Excellent!!! You guys (takezo3001 and bagginsbill) are the best tweaker technique for this nodes. Really i see. I have struggle to understand and tweaking this nodes for months before. Now i understood... And please... please keep on going guys! You're the best! ;-)

jartz ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2006 at 8:42 PM

This is most useful. It takes a lot of patience and knowledge on my end. to either bagginsbill or takezo3001: What lighting methods do you use or do you just create your own lights to get that effect. Overall, I will surely bookmark this. jlovesart2

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

ratscloset ( ) posted Sun, 05 February 2006 at 10:57 PM

Both topics very good. I have been playing with this somewhat since I got Spider, and some tweaks got great results until I moved the lights or the figure. This is going to save huge amount of time! Thanks to all that contributed to this whole discussion.

ratscloset
aka John

artnik ( ) posted Thu, 09 February 2006 at 9:36 PM

bookmark

Spanki ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 12:55 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2553769

Just updating Baggins' link, above.

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.

pokeydots ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 1:35 AM

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

Spanki ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 1:41 AM

pokeydots, just click on "subscribe" just above this reply box :).

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.

Silke ( ) posted Fri, 15 December 2006 at 1:16 PM

Hah, I subscribed and low and behold - I can never find the darn thing :P

Silke

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.