Fri, Sep 20, 11:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:39 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: an improvement (?) on her birthday suit...

Blackhearted ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2006 at 5:30 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 11:40 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

or if not an improvement than a change :)
first of several packs of clothing that are done for GND2. i figured id start with the underthings and then add the overlayers and fantasy clothing afterwards. ive actually got 2 more packs finished, just tweaking them before submitting them to testing. next up is a dress, then some jibbies and then on to more fantasy/sci-fi type stuff. a couple of other merchants are also working on some clothing packs that look pretty sweet.

i apologise for the long delay between figure and clothing release. since december ive been re-learning how to model: ive switched from NURBS (rhino) to modeling in polygons so that i can have more control over my meshes. it gives me the opportunity to put in more detail into lower res meshes than i ever could have exported from a NURBS modeler. properly conforming these things was also a nightmare - i tend to model very tight-fitting clothing which can look better (IMO) on the figure but unfortunately takes 10x as long to conform with multiple JCMs and joint param tweaks. now that ive completely switched over i should be able to produce subsequent packs without a 3 month delay like this one -- my apologies again folks :(
(lingerie pack 01 should be in the store before tomorrow - just updating promos)

cheers,
-gabriel

*image is shrunk so those of you not running in giant resolutions wont have a problem reading this. full-sized version here

Blackhearted ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2006 at 6:58 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_325988.jpg

edited pic for a slightly smaller version :)

meselfr ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2006 at 7:00 PM

wow... cannot wait for the fantasy clothes... she's an awesome character...

cplymill ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2006 at 7:03 PM

So what did you switch to if I may ask. Rhino is really taxing me on the organics I am working on. I myself and thinking about carrara because of the seemingly tight intergation with poser. BTW this looks simply stunning.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2006 at 7:42 PM

thanks :) im modeling in an ancient version of Max, and Silo. ive heard good things about carrera, but i myself am keeping a considerable distance from any more ex-Meta programs... poser causes enough headaches for me as is. i find some things are still much quicker to do in NURBS, but then there are other things which took hours of hair-pulling frustration in rhino that can be done in seconds in sub-d. i think that for the average poser user it really doesnt matter what the merchant modeled the product in - because 95% of poser users just use the program for rendering stills: so shaving 30 seconds off your rendertime is nothing to write home about. ..but as scenes get more complex, and more figures and clothing are loaded, every little bit helps. anyone doing animation, or running anything but the highest-end machine, will definitely notice the difference between a 6,000 poly bra and a 90,000 poly one. creating the former also makes me 'feel' better, i guess. its hard to explain. i still like modeling high-poly clothing... but now the polys are justified. i can cram in a lot more detail than before and the mesh still comes out lighter and cleaner. i am not knocking rhino modelers - hell most of my store is modeled in rhino. but have always intended the next step to be for me to model figures, and that is something that is just not realistically possible in NURBS.

Moebius87 ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2006 at 10:09 PM

My wife would gut me if she ever caught me admiring your work. Then she'd probably come back and torch the house, starting with my computer. (She's fast asleep now... hehehe) :oP

I'm not a Poser user at all, but your products are the only ones I have ever thought of putting on my wishlist. If I ever get around to using Poser, the "girl next door" products would be the first ones I'd play with.

Absolutely awesome work... and tremendous quality.

Cheers! M

Mind Over Matter
"If you don't mind, then it don't matter."

Dave-So ( ) posted Sun, 12 February 2006 at 10:19 PM · edited Sun, 12 February 2006 at 10:19 PM

Attached Link: http://www.subdivisionmodeling.com/forums/index.php

Gabriel ... and all. not sure if you've seen this site, but its a great one for sub-d ... started up by Glen Southern and Kurv .. Its all about subd modeling, getting the most bang out of the least polys, etc.... lots of great folks over there .. even saw that stonemason guy. great image :) looks like another winning set of products

Message edited on: 02/12/2006 22:19

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

Blackhearted ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2006 at 1:44 AM

thanks, and yeah im already a member there... though i havent read much yet, just browsed through the works in progress when the site was new. been too busy for forums - and unlike rhino, i havent really stumbled on anything i cant figure out how to make yet.

ElorOnceDark ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2006 at 1:48 AM

Nice looking stuff Gabriel! Pretty sweet quad meshes too! So I guess you're liking Silo? I know I've never looked back--well, unless I want a bend deformer... ;-)

Blackhearted ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2006 at 3:19 AM

heh, and heres one of the guys responsible for me switching :)

SAMS3D ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2006 at 4:01 AM

Excellent

Giana ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2006 at 11:11 AM

very nice styling & design to the underthings...

Metrini ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2006 at 12:02 PM

Hotness!

BrokenAngel9 ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2006 at 4:00 PM

Just bought it, lovely quality stuff like that will be my downfall.... ;)

n3k0 ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2006 at 9:30 PM

Woah! A lot like looking into a Victoria's Secret Catalog. :-) Just placed in my shopping cart.

Damsel ( ) posted Mon, 13 February 2006 at 11:02 PM

Very nice and wished for! :-) Thanks for giving us some clothing for her. I think you will find Silo a good solid modeler without a huge learning curve. Can't wait for more clothing for the GND.

Kathie Berry
Admin/PlanIT3D

Some painters transform the sun into a yellow spot. 
Others transform a yellow spot into the sun.
 --Pablo Picasso-
-

Bobbie25 ( ) posted Tue, 14 February 2006 at 7:40 AM

good modeling clean mesh and a morph to die for well done as allways BH keep it up and many hugz

========================================================
Typing Advisory :
Read at your own risk! May cause
dizziness, naseua,drooling, and temporary blindness.
Surgeon General recommends running the txt through a spell checker.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Tue, 14 February 2006 at 12:59 PM

ive added another file to the pack p4convert_unsupported.zip its basically for people who are intermediate/advanced users and yet still want to use the pack on P4. or, for those that have P5 but have a copy of P4 around, or perhaps on their laptop, and still use it. its unsupported, but as far as ive tested 95% of the products functionality remains in Poser4. unfortunately i wont be able to do this for all my future releases primarily because they will have dynamic components which will not work in P4. specularity maps, advanced shaders, displacement maps, etc can be sacrified in poser4 and still result in a usable product... dynamic clothing cant. P5/P6 are really vast improvements on P4 - if anyone hasnt switched yet i highly recommend them. i used to be a total P4-nazi: i absolutely refused to switch to P5 and when i did i never used the firefly renderer. now that i have been using it more though, theres no way im switching back - there are so many great features in p5/p6 that add a lot of depth, realism and life to your renders. unfortunately the undying popularity of P4 is holding back poser product development as merchants have to pass up some great innovations and techniques as well as waste days of their time adapting products to Poser4 (which could be better spent adding more content to their packs), for an archaic program which doesnt even use the same file formats. cheers, -gabriel

Mock ( ) posted Wed, 15 February 2006 at 11:30 AM

My word your work is amazing Id switch from Rhino my self but I hate learning new software.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.