Sun, Sep 22, 11:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 4:53 pm)

Subject: Reflection on floor or other objects

YourFantasyDream ( ) posted Tue, 21 February 2006 at 8:01 PM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 11:25 PM

Hi all, I got a black reflective floor from freebie section, but for the life of me I can figure out how to get the reflection....can some1 please tell me how to do it, or point me to a tutorial. thanks

dallas40m ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2006 at 1:21 AM

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=16922

Warmest Regards,

Dallas

YourFantasyDream ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2006 at 12:02 PM

tahnks for your reply, but its this tutorial for Poser? Im using DAZ/Studio.. Or will the same tutorial work on both software?

JenX ( ) posted Wed, 22 February 2006 at 12:42 PM

That's a tutorial for DAZ|Studio

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

dallas40m ( ) posted Thu, 23 February 2006 at 1:54 AM

file_328597.jpg

Here are my settings and the resultant image. :D

Warmest Regards,

Dallas

dallas40m ( ) posted Thu, 23 February 2006 at 1:55 AM

file_328598.jpg

and the bottom half of the settings...

Warmest Regards,

Dallas

dallas40m ( ) posted Thu, 23 February 2006 at 1:56 AM

file_328599.jpg

and the final result...

Warmest Regards,

Dallas

YourFantasyDream ( ) posted Thu, 23 February 2006 at 11:54 AM

OOOOOOOOOOh I think got it now.. Thank you so much...the pics helped alot......when I get it right my fist Image will be dedicated to you . :) hmmmmmmmm I was looking at your surface window on the last pic.. mine doesnt have a copy/ Paste button. Can that be the problem also? Im using the new DAZ/Studio 1.2.0.1

dallas40m ( ) posted Thu, 23 February 2006 at 12:48 PM

I am using the older 1.2.0.0 tho I dont think it would matter. I figure it works for me and if it aint broke dont fix it. And you are very welcome. :D

Warmest Regards,

Dallas

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 23 February 2006 at 1:42 PM

In order to see the Copy and paste buttons you have to turn the Surface list on from the options menu - the triangle button at top-right of the palette.

YourFantasyDream ( ) posted Thu, 23 February 2006 at 2:34 PM

RH...ive looked everywhere and dont see it...

muller252 ( ) posted Fri, 24 February 2006 at 7:02 AM

I can't get any shadows at all!! I can't get the figures or props to generate shadows!! :-(

RHaseltine ( ) posted Fri, 24 February 2006 at 9:10 AM ยท edited Fri, 24 February 2006 at 9:12 AM

If the list is showing, the copy/paste buttons should be too - can you post a screen shot of your surfaces palette? It sounds as if something odd is happening. muller: dod you have cast shadows on for both the light and the props? And do you have a surface for the shadows to be cast onto? And are you doing a 3Delight render - OpenGL shadows can be iffy depending on your hardware.

Message edited on: 02/24/2006 09:12

muller252 ( ) posted Fri, 24 February 2006 at 9:31 AM

Whats a 3delight :-) I supposed you've guessed I'm a complete novice!!

YourFantasyDream ( ) posted Fri, 24 February 2006 at 12:21 PM

file_328600.jpg

RH here is a screen shot of my scale palette

RHaseltine ( ) posted Fri, 24 February 2006 at 2:07 PM

YFD: click the button with a triangle, level with the word Surfaces and on the right-hand edge of the palette - select Show surface list from the menu that pops up. That will get you a list of surfaces that doesn't go away when you click on an item (making it easier to select multiple surfaces at once) as well as the Copy/Paste buttons for settings. Muller: 3Delight is the software renderer, as opposed to the hardware assisted OpenGL renderer that uses your video card. Got to Render>Render settings and drag the slider at the top all the way to the right (if it isn't already) to use it.

Bea ( ) posted Fri, 24 February 2006 at 10:54 PM

I think the positioning of the lights is important as well.

weavo ( ) posted Sun, 26 February 2006 at 2:14 PM

Thanks for those!! I've tried all sorts but found they dont really work very well. at last!!!!!

weavo ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 1:06 PM

If I wanted to do a kneeling or bending model over a reflective floor, what would the best kind of lights to use and where? I've tried spotlights, but I'm not sure of the best places to put them. this is the result so far, V3 tyra and the vampi suit by BHV, Daz studios slick hair and cyclorama portrait backrops, jens reflective floor and a couple of spotlights, one was over the top of v3, and one for just underneath by V3. Any ideas on getting this to work right? I've followed the reflection idea above for the floor, but I'm stumped with the lights idea.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.