Tue, Oct 22, 4:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Still no news from Poserworld !

Simbad6 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 12:02 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 4:18 AM

I'm really angry !!! Still nobody answering E-mails at Poserworld. I have sent 4 mails on the website and 3 more mails to Lyrra who gave me her address on this forum. But no answer. My latest mails were considered spams ! I just want to have a simple information before taking a one year subscription. Would you take a subscription on a site which wouldn't answer your questions ?

steveshanks ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 12:11 PM

Email me at shout@steve-shanks.com or steve@3dfashion.co.uk , i'm sorry about the problems contacting us but we really do get hammered to death with spam, i've been in the server room and seen what gets sent and its honestly shocking.....To answer your question, if it was me i'd do a bit of research to see what type of folks i was dealing with. I'd say we aren't perfect (who is LOL) but we are nice folks who will do what we can to help and if we do get it wrong will do everything we can to make up for it...I hope thats how folks see us anyway :o)...Steve

soul_survivor ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 12:11 PM · edited Thu, 30 March 2006 at 12:12 PM

I've been a member for several years.

I've always been able to sign up just fine.

Yes, I'd like it if they answered questions, but they don't, not even in the forum.

But they produce great stuff and I download it. Steve, ok, you get hammered by spam. But you need to find a way to be sure your customers can communicate with you in a timely manner. That's the only way to do business.

Message edited on: 03/30/2006 12:12

Redfern ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 12:39 PM

Soul_Survivor said, "Yes, I'd like it if they answered questions, but they don't, not even in the forum." I must politely contest that statement, certainly the second part. During Fall, I placed a request for a Tom Baker "Doctor Who" inspired wardrobe. Not only did Shanks reply to my inquiry, he modeled, UV mapped, rigged and released the items I wanted. It may take a while for a response (usually due to unusual circumstances), but Steve DOES reply, just as he did in this very thread. Sincerely, Bill

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

kathym ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 1:04 PM

Thats a BIG - HUGE red flag. I'd say take your money and run.

Just enjoying the Vue. :0)

pigfish9 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 1:19 PM

I've been a lifetime member for years with no problems. And not only does Steve answer questions, the free Guinea Pig character floating around the Poser community was made by him in response to my relentless requests for a guinea pig! One of the vital members of PoserWorld has been very ill for awhile now so the remaining members are doing the best they can to keep everything running and keep producing new items. PW is still the best bargain in the Poser community and, once you get your access, you will be downloading quality items for awhile...

krimpr ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 1:26 PM

I agree with pigfish9; best bargain in the Poser community.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 1:26 PM
Site Admin

Simbad, I'd say go ahead and get the subscription. You won't be disappointed, I assure you.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

steveshanks ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 1:38 PM

We do have the contact form which doesn't go through the filters, which we answer ASAP...I'll hold my hands up on this though, we ballsed up so we will make the contact page more visible so folks use that as a contact....Thanks for all the nice things said here too :o).....Steve

Niles ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 1:44 PM

You won't be disappointed, Steve has done several request for me. He also supports more Poser figures than anyone else. JMO but it is the best deal you can find for the money.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 1:58 PM

Where's that Big Red Flag, kathym? If I was you I would act a little careful here and just put a finger in the ground before lashing out like this. All of us who has been PoserWorld members for years knows that Steve goes out of his way to answer questions, do requests and generally be a nice guy. Nobody's perfect, and emails can go amiss for various reasons. But that doesn't make the guys at the other end into crooks. The crooks are the ones that overload your spamfilters so it becomes impossible (or at least very hard) to filter out the legit stuff. So yeah, I'm another of the "Yes get it, best bargain in Poserdom" people!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 1:58 PM · edited Thu, 30 March 2006 at 1:59 PM

Thats a BIG - HUGE red flag. I'd say take your money and run.

Given PoserWorld's longstanding and stellar reputation in the community, I would agree with Steve Shank's comment. You should research before you make a decision. A lot of us old timers here KNOW and APPRECIATE the value that Poser World brings - when someone comments like the above, they haven't done their homework in this case. 8-)

Message edited on: 03/30/2006 13:59

Letterworks ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 2:14 PM

Hi, my name is Mike and I'm a Poserworld Lifetime member! This is the ONLY site I've taken a lifetime membership with and I've NEVER been disappointed! Can't say enough about them. They have run a site for, as far a I know, almost a decade, with only a few glitches. The volume and quality of thier product has never dropped below excellent. All of this with only a very small staff. I can only applaud them for their efforts. As far contact, well, Steve has always answered question put forth here on Renderosity within a few posts of them being made. Concidering these isn't even his home site I find that admirable. Your money couldn't be better spent! Should you decide NOT to sign up with them I can only say it would be your loose. mike

CeeBeeVFXG ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 2:48 PM

I am also a lifetime Poserworld member and have never been disappointed. They go above and beyond for the Poser community. You should definitely get a subscription - you'll be glad you did :-)

~ Meow ~

cherokee69 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 4:15 PM

PoserWorld is cool and so is Steve. I've been a member for sometime now and occassionally, I'll forget to renew my membership. When that happens, I'll sent him and email and I usually get a reply back in no time informing me of what I need to do to renew. I have no problems with his not answering emails or IM's here. You really son't be disappointed with a subscription to PoserWorld. And Steve, keep up the great work.

DRACONIAN ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 5:10 PM

Well, my friend Viomar had one word to describe Steve, 'Gentleman'! Look at the word in Dict & you'll see Steve's picture next to it. :-) 'Nuff Said! Marcus

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 5:44 PM

I've had cause to email Poser World 3 or 4 times with a question. Two of those questions when I wasn't even a member. I am happy to report that Steve emailed me back within a couple days each time with a satisfactory answer to my question.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

maclean ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 5:54 PM

I don't have a Poserworld subscription, but steve has been around this community for a long, long time. I've never seen him argue, cuss or throw insults. He's done nothing but help people. (I still have a copy of his Poser> Anim8or tutorial). A 'gentleman' sums it up in a nutshell. If you can't trust steve, you can't trust anyone on this earth. mac

kayjay97 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 7:00 PM

after a one year subscription I turned around and subscribed to a lifetime subscription. Very nice, helpful group of people and great stuff to boot.

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

mrsparky ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 7:02 PM

I renew my Poserworld subs every year, only once have I ever had a problem. Steve sorted it as quickly as he could and that was when of one his team was in hospital. He's a solid bloke and I trust him.

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

rcr62 ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 7:09 PM

Add me to the list of satisfied members. I know that there have been a few people posting that they have had communication problems, but even if the communication problems continued it would still be worth the price. I can not imagine anyone not finding enough to justify this subscription. Also what other site can you post a request for a product and recieve it (in really quick time). It truly is the best value on the net for Poser. Here is another question to ask yourself. If it was a "HUGE - red flag" where are all the posts from people saying something like "I am a member and this site really isn't worth it." or something even worse. With as vocal as this community is, if it was a bad deal you would know it.

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor." -Desmond Tutu

elizabyte ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 7:35 PM

Steve, ok, you get hammered by spam. But you need to find a way to be sure your customers can communicate with you in a timely manner. I was going to say that. Steve, you need to seriously look into some sort of spam filtering system. I can recommend a couple that I've used. My spam filter is so tightly "trained" I almost never get a legit message in the spamtrap now, and 99% (or more; I get a couple hundred spams a day) goes right into the trap and stays there. (I manually retrieve the stuff that isn't spam and mark it as "good" and they never get caught again!). That being said, I've been a Poserworld member for a long time now, and I'm glad of it. Great items, great value for the price. bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 8:50 PM

hi - i too have a lifetime subscription and no regrets! love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Neyjour ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 9:15 PM

I just got a PW subscription for the first time a couple months ago, and when that runs out I'm going to seriously consider a lifetime subscription. It's a terrific site with oodles and oodles of goodies! I'm a very happy customer. :)

"You don't know what we can see
Why don't you tell your dreams to me
Fantasy will set you free." - Steppenwolf

Dave-So ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 9:49 PM

I signed up as a charter member when Steve first started the sub site, and I too am a very happy camper ... except for that mad max Apocalypse stuff ... that must be near the top of the modeling list by now, ahouldn't it???? Other than that, this is a mighty fine site with mighty fine folks running it...and it can't get any more honest that what it is ... Steve is practically giving this stuff away.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

hmatienzo ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 10:09 PM

Hi, I'm Heike, and I am a PoserWorld Addict! And damn proud of it, too!

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

HeavyRay ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2006 at 12:22 AM

Another lifetime subscriber here... Such a great deal, it almost seems "criminal." ;-) Deals like this don't come very often in life!!!

You wanna talk disappointment...one-word - PoserStyle - such a shame!! - Ray

semidieu ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2006 at 1:41 AM

Also lifetime subscriber... You won't get anything better and with som many items around here. The only complain ? There are too much products and i won't have the time to play with all those ! ;-) I wasn't already a lifetime subscriber (only trial month i think), but my daughter born during this trial and asked him to do a little think (to make a picture for the card telling my daughter was born). It was done really really quickly.

Lyrra ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2006 at 5:36 AM

well we're very sorry if we've missed anyones emails or questions. We've had a rough few months since our sysadmin was in the hospital for a long time. I've replied to all emails and messages I received concerning poserworld at the six different places I've been approached (!) as some of you might have noticed ... I've started modeling as well. I'll still be keeping up on textures, but you should see more of my modeled content up as well (and I hope you all enjoy them) if someone has a question on our forum that we missed I'm sorry and feel free to message me here or come find me in the main chatroom. remember .. Poserworld is exactly three people ... two of whom would much rather me making stuff than writing emails back and forth :P PS I think its a shame about PoserStyle as well .. they had some great content. I'd make textures for them if I thought people wouldnt yell at me for teasing them with models they cant get anymore :) Lyrra

Indoda ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2006 at 7:31 AM

My subscription expires 4/8/2099 - I'll be back then to renew it. PoserWorld is absolutely tremendous value for money. Steve is a great fella, clever modeller, true gentleman, and Lyrra makes marvelous textures. They have always been responsive and informative. It's unfortunate that small businesses that have a problem get hammered so quickly. Another PoserWorld addict and proud of it!

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- Albert Einstein

Indoda

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2006 at 9:10 AM

I have to add my voice to those singing the praises of PoserWorld. I am also a lifetime subscriber (went that route from the very beginning) and have never had a problem of any sort. I'm one of the lucky folks who have been around the Poserverse almost from the beginning and knew the quality of the items put out from the old non-subscription sites that were eventually combined to make PoserWorld (anyone else remember FairyWoods??? Huh? Do ya?? grin) Kate

steveshanks ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2006 at 12:25 PM

Indoda I hope i'm the one that does your re-sub LOL....Thanks everyone you are all why i love to model and why i love the poser life so much :o)....Kate i think you where one of the first people i came across when i discovered poser, where you been hiding lately......Dave it is right at the top now it has been a while and i haven't forgot, everytime i see something similar it reminds me, i just need to get my imagination head on the design the right thing, i will tend to it the week after next coz i know i have lots of free time that week......Steve

Latexluv ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2006 at 12:56 PM

Hi Kate! I remember FairyWoods, I remember Poserworld in the P3/P4 days. I got a lifetime membership. I have not had need to question admin for anything. I've made a few requests over the years and Steve has always taken the time to answer these in what way he could. Thanks Steve for all your contributions to the community! Liz Pope Latexluv formerly Dreamspinner

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

Indoda ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2006 at 2:14 PM

Well Steve - I hope you get to do my re-sub too! I'll just be a young 148 year old ;) I'm glad lots of support has come in - you do good work, young man!

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- Albert Einstein

Indoda

soul_survivor ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2006 at 2:24 PM · edited Fri, 31 March 2006 at 2:26 PM

I believe Poserworld is the best deal in the Poser market.

I've just been disappointed to note that I rarely got any responses whenever I posted a question or comment in the forum. I just gave up on the forum.

I've noticed that Poserworld has apparently had difficulties receiving emails from some people for at least 3 years.

If a Spam Filter is keeping them from receiving Customer emails, then someone should re-evaluate the Spam Filter.

You might consider a function that allows you to add your customers' email address to a Safe List of emails that should always be received. My yearly subscription is up within the next couple weeks. It may be months before I can afford to renew. But I will be back.

I just hope some of the communication problems get taken care of soon.

Message edited on: 03/31/2006 14:26

Dave-So ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2006 at 4:10 PM

Thanks Steve .... See...they do answer the mail :)

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

aprilrosanina ( ) posted Fri, 31 March 2006 at 10:18 PM

Another proud lifetime member and Steve/Lyrra supporter. Steve - if you use SpamAssassin, I have a friend who made a great frontend for it called Maia Mailguard. It might help "tune" your filters.

mrsparky ( ) posted Sat, 01 April 2006 at 5:37 AM

steve - you should try mailwasher.

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

HeavyRay ( ) posted Sat, 01 April 2006 at 7:29 PM

Lyrra -
I'd love seeing stuff for Poserstyle items! No one is going to have EVERY Poser product ever produced, so like anything else on your site, if you won't or can't use something, that shouldn't prevent others from the fruits of your labor! As long as you maintain some semblance of balance between mainstream and limited availability items, I think MOST people would be happy...
Thanks for all that you and Steve have done to make this such a fun and (reasonably) affordable hobby!!!

• Ray

soul_survivor ( ) posted Sat, 01 April 2006 at 7:51 PM

PoserStyle is an old subscription site that died. PoserWorld is a different site.

Simbad6 ( ) posted Sun, 02 April 2006 at 10:50 PM

Well, if I had had a doubt about subscribing to PoserWorld, it would have vanished now! The fact is that my only problem was to know if I could download all those nice products from the place where I live, knowing that there are restrictions from PoserWorld. I didn't know where to obtain this information since they didn't answer. Now, Steve has asked me my IP to check this and I think I'll have his answer soon. I have absolutely no doubt about the honesty of people working at PoserWorld. But I still think that having to write them through Renderosity's forum to have an answer isn't a satisfactory solution.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.